The Attraction Forums Book Club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My proposition for you, my fellow members of the attraction forums is the creation of a book club with completely optional participation. As a group of men dedicated to the advancement of themselves I expect most of you will be fully able to understand the benefits of having a book club. However for those who are unclear please let me explain.

When attempting to advance ourselves through pick-up we learn from the examples set by those who have come before us. I have to admit that of my game I learnt how to achieve results and success by watching and observing those who had already achieved success with pick-up. I observed, isolated areas of their game which brought success and imitated it, not in a way to try and become them, but through implementing it into my game, helping myself develop my own personal style.

A parallel to this is reading, luckily for us we have developed the written word, a tool which has helped us record thousands and thousands of years of human history, innovation and ideas. Something which we can take, read, digest and most importantly learn from, so we do not repeat the same mistakes but learn from the trial and error of others. The more we read, the more we learn and the better chance we have when entering unknown waters. It allows us an idea of knowing what to do, instead of making a mistake and having to learn from it in a much longer, drawn out process.

I cannot emphasise enough over the course of my life how books and reading has influenced me and benefited me as a person. For me as a South African born in the eighties and growing up in the post apartheid nineties, Nelson Mandela was regarded as a National Hero. I always thought I understood why, but I realised very quickly after reading his autobiography that my initial assumptions were not wrong but only partially correct in a much larger answer. I cannot explain to you all how much his book moved me and how important it was to my development as a man. It has nothing to do with race or racism, it was the tale of the internal struggles of a man no different to you or me as he tired to overcome his incredibly harsh surroundings. I’m sure many on this message board felt the feeling I am talking about after reading The Game, when many men clicked and felt in tune with Neil Strauss’s desire to become more of a ladies man.

My suggestion to you, the board members is that we take this incredible gift of books and create a book club where we have selected pieces of literature, fiction and or non-fiction and open them up for debate and discussion. I feel that this will be a place where can push the development of ourselves and create an awesome and highly entertaining and enjoyable learning environment.

Please respond to this and post a Yes or No, expressing your desrie to create a book club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my wings and a respected PUA here in town just finished reading "The Art of Speed Reading People". I haven't read it but was going to pick it up anyway. Let me know what you guys think, if you've heard of it, or whatever.
    Always leave her better off than you found her

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Gents! We have a book club!!!

Please start by listing a book you think we should review and then give reasons why. My nomiations are;

A Long Walk To Freedom - Nelson Mandela

Or for a more American option,

The Autobiography of Malcom X - Malcom X

My reasons are clearly stated in the first post on this thread.
    Last edited by Flanker; 08-11-2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Felt it nedded to be clear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very good basic text:

How to Win Friends/Influence People

This is one of those books that can teach you something new every time you pick it up.

Miami Beach, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Power Of Now >>> Will Change your life!!!

This book is so ridiculously good and if you get a audio book, read by Author it's very calming. He has very peaceful and hypnotic voice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueStory View Post
    The Power Of Now >>> Will Change your life!!!

This book is so ridiculously good and if you get a audio book, read by Author it's very calming. He has very peaceful and hypnotic voice.
    I was actually planning on buying that book anyway, so I second that nomination. It's hard to find in my town, believe it or not, but I'm sure I could get my hands on it.

Also, I'd like to suggest anything by Ayn Rand. Not exactly PU related, but her philosophy goes hand in hand with the whole PUA mindset. Plus I'd just really like to have people to talk to about her work as I'm reading it.
    Who is ninja? I am ninja.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we are doing this, right? We have a book that's been nominated and seconded... all in favor?

Miami Beach, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pushing around motion to get a separate sub thread for this.

Each topic must have following format: "Author - Book Name" and in those topics we will discuss those books only. This way we can have multiple books out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would definitely make things simpler.

Great sig, btw, TS. For some reason it makes me think of Robert Loggia. Not sure why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went ahead and started reading The Power of Now. It is incredible, and it will change your life. If anybody else is reading it and wants to discuss, PM me.

Mation

Phoenix, AZ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was a great idea - sorry to revive an old thread, but I think the book list is worth another try.

I submit "Why Is God Laughing" by Deepak Chopra. It is an outstanding inner game resource. It is 200 pages, but I read it in one night because I couldn't put it down. It could give you an entirely new perspective from which to view your life and your game - one in which fear and anxiety are but dust in the wind.

Hell
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought "Influence" by Robert Cialdini since Style recommended it in The Game. It also got hella good reviews on Amazon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about we read something intelligent, something that will expand our minds and has nothing to do with self-help

Neil's book club reads tons of heavy hitters, and i wasn't able to get in on Atlas Shrugged, so we should read the unabridged copy of that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cialdini's "Influence"

Quote Originally Posted by GAT0R View Post
    I bought "Influence" by Robert Cialdini since Style recommended it in The Game. It also got hella good reviews on Amazon.
    I bought and read "Influence" and loved it. A must read. Really opens your mind about how easily one can be manipulated (and manipulate...) and how these things happen around us all the time. Some concepts there are already known in the seduction community (such as "social proof"), but some were new to me.
    Afterwards I bought "Yes!: 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive" co-authored by Ciladini, which builds on the same ideas of Influence but breaks it into very specific techniques of influencing other people. This one is recommended as well.

NYC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how can we formalize a book club? wanna do google group or smth?

Miami Beach, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding was that book club was not related to Pickup and self help, i would like to discuss books that have nothing to do with pickup or self improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In college I got hooked on esoteric political conversation. I was mainly interested in voices from the non-establishment, non-neoconservative, and mostly non-Republican Right, because these were positions to which my teachers and fellow students were least sympathetic and that I felt I did not understand.

I found my way to hardcore libertarian literature and from there moved steadily rightward.

Democracy: The God That Failed, by Hans-Hermann Hoppe.

Democracy is commonly understood as the most progressive of political arrangements, even if its flaws are sometimes glaringly evident. Hoppe argues from a harshly, insistently realistic economic perspective that, actually, democracy is decivilizing to its core, especially in its mass democratic form. This book shattered my confidence in our academic/media/political priesthood and their court religion.

America's Great Depression, by Murray N. Rothbard.

What are the essential causes and dynamics of economic recessions and depressions, and the business cycle. This isn't a mysterious topic--the answers are largely known. Spoiler alert: the Federal Reserve triggered the 1929 crash, and blind interventionist policies deepened and prolonged the crisis into the Depression. This was another book that contributed to my suspicion of respectable political dialogue and the "experts" who manage it.

Multiculturalism and the Politics of Guilt, by Paul Edward Gottfried.

Paul Gottfried was the first living historian I read whom I really understood and trusted. Gottfried's openness to inegalitarian, non-liberal thought may be a main precondition for effective historical analysis. To the extent that you are unable to take your historical subjects seriously, on their own terms, you'll have difficulty appreciating them--and it turns out that few historical figures and groups shared the updated sociopolitical pretensions of present establishment.

Gottfried's book indicts multiculturalism as a bad-faith attack on Western civilization. It is the final installment in a trilogy of books on twentieth-century political history. I think of them as required reading. If you want something silly, stupid, and superficially upsetting to New York Times readers, there's always Ann Coulter or Glenn Beck. Gottfried is not playing a Republican PR game, and his challenges are deeper and more serious.

These books are a start. If those speak to you, there are more breadcrumbs to follow!

Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Return of Depression Economics and the Wisdom of Crowds. Two great books that counter the anti democracy and Neo liberal economic myths.

I also just read The Good Soldiers which is the best book on war I have ever read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DialedIn View Post
    The Return of Depression Economics and the Wisdom of Crowds. Two great books that counter the anti democracy and Neo liberal economic myths.

I also just read The Good Soldiers which is the best book on war I have ever read.
    My impression is that Paul Krugman is aware that confidence in democracy and the culture of economic intervention is sagging, but that he never really addresses the most serious core criticisms and insights of figures like, for example, Hoppe. Krugman's take on reality strikes me as vastly more mythic than the authors I've cited here. But, to each his own!

Miami Beach, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys should seriously read "Power: Why Some People Have It and Others Don't" by Jeffrey Pfeffer

This is good book for career, especially, if you're working in multi-level corporate world where getting to the top is the only way to become influential and successful. This book, unlike many self help crap out there, is written by a college professor that studied numerous successful CEOs, president and other wealthy men. Ironically, he talks about all the dirty and cheap tricks how people get on the top. Often, many would not admit to using these tactics in order to preserve their perceived appearance of innocence.
    It's very similar to 48 Laws of Power, but unlike historical references it makes, this book covers current events.

Newcastle, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggest reading "Catch me if you can" by Frank Abagnale and "Other People's Money" by Elliot Castro. Both Con Artists, and while they used their confidence the wrong way, a lot can still be learnt about being confident...

Miami Beach, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, anyone can recommend any good books on dog training?

keepin nyc / nj dancers in check
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueStory View Post
    Lol, anyone can recommend any good books on dog training?
    Yes that guy with the tv show the dog whisperer has a couple that are good
    View Full Profile: Click Here 200 + Reviews (Most In Company History): http://www.theattractionforums.com/t...iew_fader.html (watch my journey from student to approach coach, to instructor, to master instructor, to stripper destroyer).

Best quote from a workshop review ever "Overall this bootcamp was a short colombian 10, his teaching ability is a 10, and his game is a 10."

My Bootcamp Schedule:
    NOPE

Don't Be A Victim (click, read & change your life)

play2win
    : There comes a point in everyone's life where they either have their dreams or the reasons they dont. You're the hero of your own story..... write a good one.

Try Walking In My Shoes
    You'll Stumble In My Footsteps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is an Orthodox Christian monastery in eastern New York state that has a worldwide reputation in dog training. My friend swears by their books.

The Art of Raising a Puppy, by the Monks of New Skete

Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Krugman has pretty much been spot on through the recession, along with other guys like Robert Shiller. I've yet to see an alternative to democracy. A libertarian society has never existed on earth for long because humans naturally seize power. Just like we all want to seize the HBs from the masses!

I love reading all ends of the spectrum though. No one owns the truth brother.

The Power of Words is a fantastic book and very relevant to PUA.

keepin nyc / nj dancers in check
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last 5 books i have read
    01) Talent is overated (must read): http://www.amazon.com/Talent-Overrat.../dp/1591842247
    02) Sway (must read): http://www.amazon.com/Sway-Irresisti.../dp/0385524382
    03) The New Psychology of Achievement (whole book not abridged): http://www.amazon.com/New-Psychology.../dp/0743583442
    04) The Psychology of Winning (this is ok but skippable): http://www.amazon.com/Psychology-Win...3568059&sr=1-1
    05) Get anyone to do anything (audio book was not as good as the paperback because audio was missing parts): http://www.amazon.com/Get-Anyone-Any...3568108&sr=1-1

I read about 2 books a week. Right now going through something by teaching company: Great Ideas of Psychology: http://www.teach12.com/tgc/courses/c...l.aspx?cid=660 I thought I would be impressed but I have not. I am not exactly giving it the fairest of shots though.

Up after that is the female brain: http://www.amazon.com/Female-Brain-L.../dp/0767920090

Btw if u reading non fiction (ESPECIALLY SELF IMPROVEMENT) and not taking dilligent notes i hope u get repeated papercuts till u cant read anymore. Dont be a moron like me and waste time doing it and not taking notes. Be one of the smart ones.
    View Full Profile: Click Here 200 + Reviews (Most In Company History): http://www.theattractionforums.com/t...iew_fader.html (watch my journey from student to approach coach, to instructor, to master instructor, to stripper destroyer).

Best quote from a workshop review ever "Overall this bootcamp was a short colombian 10, his teaching ability is a 10, and his game is a 10."

My Bootcamp Schedule:
    NOPE

Don't Be A Victim (click, read & change your life)

play2win
    : There comes a point in everyone's life where they either have their dreams or the reasons they dont. You're the hero of your own story..... write a good one.

Try Walking In My Shoes
    You'll Stumble In My Footsteps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DialedIn View Post
    Krugman has pretty much been spot on through the recession, along with other guys like Robert Shiller.
    If Krugman has been "spot on," what has, say, Peter Schiff been?

I've yet to see an alternative to democracy.
    (1) What about all the other political forms and arrangements that have existed?

(2) Hoppe does not go after every democratic element or idea. What he critiques is democracy in the universalist, de-nationalizing form it has increasingly taken in recent history. Democracy has taken a variety of forms among peoples at different times. One has to be highly particular about what "democracy" is taken to mean at any given time.

A libertarian society has never existed on earth for long because humans naturally seize power.
    I'm not a libertarian. OH LAWDY what a libertarian I am not! Libertarianism is another instance of the naive liberal hope, that there are no wolves and everyone will behave like sheep and get along. However, certain libertarians, and certain forms of libertarian thought (particularly in economics) have revealed worthwhile things. Libertarianism was just the first station stop on my trip rightward.

Miami Beach, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fader View Post
    Last 5 books i have read
    01) Talent is overated (must read): http://www.amazon.com/Talent-Overrat.../dp/1591842247
    Is this book similar to Galdwell's Outliers? That talks about being in the right place at the right time with enough practice anyone can reach amazing potential?

Just got it. Can't wait to listen to it. Sounds pretty interesting!
    03) The New Psychology of Achievement (whole book not abridged): http://www.amazon.com/New-Psychology.../dp/0743583442
    Is it like Psycho Cybernetics by Maxwell?

04) The Psychology of Winning (this is ok but skippable): http://www.amazon.com/Psychology-Win...3568059&sr=1-1
    05) Get anyone to do anything (audio book was not as good as the paperback because audio was missing parts): http://www.amazon.com/Get-Anyone-Any...3568108&sr=1-1
    I have Get anyone to do anything, it was good, a lot of PUA gurus recommend it, i thought it was a good sales book too.

I read about 2 books a week. Right now going through something by teaching company: Great Ideas of Psychology: http://www.teach12.com/tgc/courses/c...l.aspx?cid=660 I thought I would be impressed but I have not. I am not exactly giving it the fairest of shots though.

Up after that is the female brain: http://www.amazon.com/Female-Brain-L.../dp/0767920090
    I started reading this book and recommended it to many of my female friends. I think this book is amazing (so far) in order to understand women psychology. It's very useful for parents that have daughters, but it's good for pickup too. I am almost through entire thing, definitely a MUST READ. Just by reading this book, many questions like "Why is she acting/doing this way?" can be understood. I found it good to explain those unexplainable behavior patterns young women exhibit in dating. It's pretty good book.
    Btw if u reading non fiction (ESPECIALLY SELF IMPROVEMENT) and not taking dilligent notes i hope u get repeated papercuts till u cant read anymore. Dont be a moron like me and waste time doing it and not taking notes. Be one of the smart ones.
    +1 true that. I've wasted a lot of time not following this advice, and ended up re-reading some books again.

Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is an excellent book on our human attitudes towards mates called "Why is Sex Fun? By Jared Diamond whom also wrote "Guns, Germs and Steel" which basically changed my entire outlook on the world. Excellent reads.

Chester
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stephen Kings new book of long short stories; Full Dark, Not stars is an excellent read.

It's not his normal style of writing (by that I mean the horror he's most famous for) and is more like his novels The Shawshank Redemption and Stand By me.

It really get's more into the characters head and this, in my opinion, makes the experience very rich and vivid. So vivid infact that you'll swear you're the character.

The book itself deals with normal people in extraodinary situations and is pulled off with such finesse that books of this type to shame. It's an awesome read, so good I could barely put it down!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im considering picking up the Power of Now , so i vote for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't PUA related, but I think everyone should read this book, it's incredibly motivating. Think And Grow Rich by Napolean Hill. It discusses how to get riches, but in my opinion, not all riches can be backed by gold in Fort Knox.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer (some of the best quotes I've ever come across in my life are in this book...its very relevant...just good imo) http://www.amazon.com/Extremely-Incr.../dp/0618329706

^^ also Everything is Illuminated: same author...but first is better. Very different prose.

2. Ishmael - Daniel Quinn http://www.amazon.com/Ishmael-Advent.../dp/0553375407

3. Jonathan Livingston Seagull - Richard Bach (Just recommended to me by a friend whom I trust) http://www.amazon.com/Ishmael-Advent.../dp/0553375407

And on self-help...take notes....please. I agree 100% on that. I have an excell workbook on my computer....sigh...lost time.

Managua, Nicaragua
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, im really into self-dev so here's a short list of diverse subjects that might be of your interest to read. In other words.. I highly recommend them all.

Rich Dad Poor Dad - Kiyosaki: Can't say i agree to everything he says but its defenetely a good read. I mean, God... for some Reason D. Trump likes him http://www.amazon.com/Rich-Dad-Poor-.../dp/0446677450

7 Habits of Highly Effective People - S. Covey: Like a Bible to me. MUST read. Will maximize every aspect of your life... http://www.amazon.com/Habits-Highly-.../dp/0671708635

She Comes First: Pleasuring a Woman - I. Kerner: Booyah! Kind of shit you dont learn in the Love Systems Triad Model that will equally turn u into a chick-magnet http://www.amazon.com/She-Comes-Firs.../dp/0060538252

Mindmap Book: Maxime your brains capacity! - T. Buzan: Good, interesting read.. no kidding, I did get smarter after reading this book. http://www.amazon.com/Mind-Map-Book-...8082604&sr=1-2

and magic bullets of course

saludos!

Santa Monica
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems we're split 50/50
    Half like focusing book club on PUA and Self Help
    Half like everything else

Am I the only one who thinks a peaceful divorce might lead to a little more willingness to read other peoples' suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Jester View Post
    It seems we're split 50/50
    Half like focusing book club on PUA and Self Help
    Half like everything else

Am I the only one who thinks a peaceful divorce might lead to a little more willingness to read other peoples' suggestions?
    Haha.

West London
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think, as already voiced, suggestion to read something outside the scope of PUA/Self-development might be the best way to develop one's identity and widen one's horizon of knowledge. I want to kickstart by suggestions of "fictions". Now this kind of books have often been swepted aside as the lesser "academica" option. Truth it, reading excellent fictions are the best way to develop a sense of story, emotions and soul. Girls can identify with fictions because it sweeps them into another world the way non-fictions will not. There's enormous value to reading good fictions that I've recently discovered. I'm a big reader and so far it has been one of the major chick magnets for me (but you sure need to know how to frame your reading as something more spiritual). Won't go into details here, but a couple of books:

Most recent, The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman
    For Whom the Bells Toll, by Ernest Hemingway

Read the classics, they make a big difference - On the Road, The Heart of Darkness, etc.

Also, read "Norwegian Wood" by Haruki Murakami. Big charmer for women.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, this isn't PUA related, but a book I really loves is Legend by David Gemmell. It's a heroic-fantasy novell. The reason that I love it so much is because it has this theme of "a man got to do what a man got to do".

Also I am wondering, does anyone of you know any good books with really alpha-male characters in it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, first off, I'd like to say "Hello All", new guy here.

I've been lurking on these forums for a while and they have provided me with lots of information on my newly begun journey of self-improvement and I'm getting great results (Thanks guys! =]). I've read Magic Bullets, The Game, How to make Friends and Influence people and a few NLP related books thus far. I seen that some of you guys have recommended "The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle" in this thread, so naturally I picked up a copy and began to read. I didn't get too far before I started to notice the sheer amount of religious references within (Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm an atheist). I just want to ask, are these references necessary? I mean, are they focussed more on the morals behind religion, or is it just downright preachy? I thought I'd ask people who have read the whole thing before I continue to hammer through the pages and risk being brainwashed.

Thanks in Advance,

Ophrex

George Town Tasmania Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BETTINA ARNDT

I watched Bettina Arndt on Big Ideas last night.1 Big Ideas broadcast a talk at the National Press Club on 2 September 2010 by Bettina Arndt. Arndt is an Australian sex therapist, journalist and clinical psychologist. She is also an entertaining and articulate speaker for whom the words roll off the tongue with a garrulousness that is engaging. She talked about why sex matters so much to men; and she also launched a campaign to end the discrimination against male cancer victims. Her latest book is another one of her diary projects looking at male sexuality. The book is entitled What Men Want—In Bed and was published 1 September 2010. Arndt's previous book The Sex Diaries was published in 2009 and was built on a foundation of diaries kept by 98 couples, plus a survey of the relevant research on the subject. -Ron Price with thanks to 1ABC24 TV, 21 January 2011.

I’ll let you—dear reader—check-out
    Sheehan’s article yourself----his very
    excellent overview of Arndt’s views.(1)

This delightful, engaging writer has(2)
    been on my agenda since the 1970s
    when I, too, got into teaching about
    relationships. She was born 5 years
    after me and graduated 4 years after
    I did…She was appointed editor of
    an adult sex magazine in 1974 that(3)
    was the same year I was appointed
    as the senior tutor human relations.
    I worked at the Tasmanian College
    of Advanced Education & involved
    myself in the embryonic phases of
    community-building for the Baha’i
    Faith. She remained there as editor
    until July 1982 as I worked at a tin
    mine and then all over Australia: an
    expert in nothing teaching a variety
    of subjects--and by 1999 I was ready
    to go solo, retire to a world of writing,
    editing, research, publishing, poetry, &
    journalism as well as some scholarship.

Bettina, you have made a name for yourself
    and it was a pleasure listening to you at the
    National Press Club tonight. “Goodonyer,”
    as they say Downunder. “Goodonyer!!!”

(1) Paul Sheehan, “The secret desires of men, and why they go unfulfilled,” Sydney Morning Herald Online, 2 September 2010.
    (2) Bettina Arndt
    (3) Forum was the name of the magazine

Ron Price
    21 January 2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys not to thread jack and if there already is one of a similar topic please redirect me. Instead of books, is there any movies people have found incredibly motivating and/or related to the community?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, newbie here, I'd like to recommend Nietzsche's "The Birth of Tragedy" and "Beyond Good and Evil", these are two of the most important philosophical books ever written, both still extremely relevant to anyone raised in the west and both are fairly accessible, and entertaining. Since they're philosophical they're relevant to PUA simply because they're relevant to how you view any and all aspects of the world, whether you end up agreeing with him or hating him, you will rethink your views on most everything you have a view on. Just make sure you get the "Oxford World's Classics" editions as the earlier translations are often very untrustworthy. (older translations are available free online, but can be very misleading, in subtle ways.)

U.K, England.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as a man thinketh - james allen
    yes man - danny wallace
    the alchemist & brida - paulo coelho
    confucius from the heart - yu dan
    the prohet - khalil gibrhan
    on the road - jack kerouac

Liverpool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey people. sorry to start thread again but I like the idea of books that both self improve or help you with game and also books for books sake, I see point of both but glad to see a lot of opinions and references to choices and how they relate to inner game, routines, confidence and lifestyle. We cannot run game without a solid core , its part of who we are
    So I am gonna finishing reading the game again of course by neil strauss - because there is a least a chapter we all identify with ( mine are taking what works for me and using it and also bout building a lifestyle too meet people and expand on myself for attraction purposes)
    I shall read the power of now and give my review at later date
    Thirdly I would recommend anything by or referring to Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do - His philosphy is inspiring to me personally but he is iconic for the way of no way and limit of no limit, literally took what worked for him and adapted to his lifestyle.
    Another recommend would have to be How to talk to anyone by leil lowndess - brilliant little book for those who wanna improve both inner game and body language i find, little tips and tricks to help you start conversations and open people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

48 Laws of Power, 33 Strategies of War, The Art of Seduction, The 50th Law, anything by Robert Greene
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

George Town Tasmania Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An excellent idea to have a book club since there is such a vast literature on the subjects that this forum is concerned with.-Ron Price, Tasmania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. A truly visceral experience, not designed for those with low patience for sparse archaic prose and extreme violence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KEN FOLLETT is my favorite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrA View Post
    as a man thinketh - james allen
    yes man - danny wallace
    the alchemist & brida - paulo coelho
    confucius from the heart - yu dan
    the prohet - khalil gibrhan
    on the road - jack kerouac
    These are what's up. Read most of them. I'll have to check out the rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm reading "Secrets of Pierre Woodman Sexual Technique", by Alexander Lyubimoff.
    Useful book for everybody.

Rossia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never been part of an actual book club, so let me know if I'm goin too fast and need to put the brakes on, or if I have too many spoilers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a great thread, I'm going to use some of these suggestions, for sure.