275 23.42%

Thread: Jeans

12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeans

So, I know that Diesel, Seven, and Energie are top brands to wear these days, but what styles are people going with? There's tons of boot cut styles on ebay, but I always felt that these were too tight. What kind of cut/style do you people wear? (If you aren't pulling leg, please don't respond )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been loving Citizens Of Humanity "Jagger" fit. They're bootcut and fit great. I think the guys that started "7 for all Mankind" split from the company and started this one and improved upon it. I also wear "7 Flynt cut" because I like the tighter fit. And yes women do notice this shit !

New York City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

H&M have some very nice fitting jeans, and the price is excellent.

Switzerland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StylishThinker
    H&M have some very nice fitting jeans, and the price is excellent.
    Yes they are ok jeans but after a couple of washes they get baggier and baggier....Personally I wear A&F Jeans but I also got some Levi's and Old NAVY Aeropostale and ect...Stick with something you are comfortable in and look trendy you don't need to spend +$200

Tempe, AZ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzer
    ...I know that Diesel, Seven, and Energie are top brands to wear these days...
    What stores carry these?
    Assuming you're not a kidney harvester, we can chat in the car. - Cedar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cedar, you can find them at Macy's, Neiman's, or whatever dept. store equivilant you have in the Twin Cities. If not... eBay is a good bet, but trying them on is usually best.
    I prefer Diesels, Evisu Genes, and tsubi denim. I have expensive taste, but I would rather have quality then quantity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeans in the Mpls -- Cedar's ?

Cedar,
    Several of those places around here carry them. I'm partial to the Field's store downtown, though. Around the corner from the jeans they have a pretty good designer section with the occasional 60%+ off sale. I've found some great deals there.
    Jeans rarely go on sale other than maybe storewide sales. I'm a big fan of Seven--super comfy. I don't think the "label" is all that important though--it's really the overall look of these types of jeans that set them apart. The nice thing is that there are decent knock offs of the overall look for half the price or less. Names like Mavi and Lucky come to mind. Some of the other high priced brands l like are Paper Denim & Cloth and (if you want to really push the envelope) Cavalli.
    Neiman's also has a good selection, but I tend to feel I am getting ripped off there. (My own mental thing--can't imagine the jeans prices are much different. I just never find any GREAT deals there).
    Hope this helps. Probably about three paragraphs more than I ever thought I would find myself commenting on jeans!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking on ebay, and there's two brands of Seven jeans.
    1. Seven Premium Denim
    2. Seven for all mankind
    Any thoughts on these brands?

Dark Side of the Moon Baby
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im gonna give buffalo by david bitton a plug here
    i think his jeans are great
    fit nice and are very comfortable with my different styles and what not

sync Guest

Have to go with Guess and Diesel on this one. Guess is always up to date with fashion. Expensive? I'd say so, but your getting quality jeans that won't fade for a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a fundamental problem with buying clothes off of ebay. For the better brands (Diesel, True Religion, Paper Denim), each pair of jeans is slightly different and needs to be tried on.
    As far as where to buy these, try larger department stores like Bloomingdales, Hechts, Nieman Marcus, and Nordstroms. Diesel has stores and they have everything there. So Does Energie (although it's the Miss Sixty store).
    Also try vintage stores, they usually have some great jeans that are already worn. God, I love clothes. And I'm straight. I swear.

Leeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar
    What stores carry these?
    For designer brands you are always better off going to the acutal brand store and checking out how they wear them and accessories them. The "brand image" comes together and makes a lot more sense in these places, and then you can walk out and put those items together far cheaper somewhere else.
    I bought a pair of jeans from primark for £11 today which are awesome. H&M has a habbit of having bargains like that too, so shop around. I find wondering into designer stores to get a good idea of "the look" you want, then going elsewhere to pull together that look helps drastically.
    Abraham Lincoln reportedly said that, Given eight hours to chop down a tree, he'd spend six sharpening his axe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody posted this link in another jeans thread... I just think this particular pair is so captivating. I'm totally drawn to that blue gradient. I think I have one-itis for this pair jeans...
    http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.co.../90481017.html

Live in Oxford, UK. But study in portsmouth, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well recently there has benn a lot of attension around christian dior collection, the skinny fit jeans by hedi slimane, i am not sure if this trend has hit america yet.
    traditionally it is worn in black, but paler colours are in more recently.
    AKA Gambit

Leeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm boycotting the skinny jeans thing. I like fashion but when it conflicts with style I refuse to adhear.
    Abraham Lincoln reportedly said that, Given eight hours to chop down a tree, he'd spend six sharpening his axe.

Live in Oxford, UK. But study in portsmouth, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the skinny jeans thing is stylish, i would be wearing them if i could, unfortunately i have going to the gym for years now, and my legs are too big for them.
    the lead singer for velvet revolver, scott weiland does it well in a 'rocker' kind of way, and looks great, especially if you do the whole paint your nails black, tho he wears his with a boot cut.
    Preston from the ordinary boys also does them well, wearing a pink polo, and black skinny fits and has braces hanging down from the jeans, which draws attension and is much more peacocky, and is a nice touch.
    Pete doherty also does them well, and this is a great look if you are scruffy looking, it is almost heroin chic. It is expensive tho.
    if you want peacocky, but still well groomed, then look at anything that franz ferdinand has worn in its last few videos, they almost exclusively wear skinny fits, and is inspired by 1930's and 50's post modern look. it's great as it is very trendy, and stands out.
    i don't peacock to be honest, i dress like jude law in 'alfie', or a bit like brian ferry does these days.
    and when i go out, i wear a pair of levi 501's (indigo blue), and a uber tight calvin klein long sleeve top, and a pair of cordovan/oxblood boots, and a single red lipstick kiss on my neck.
    AKA Gambit

Seriousville
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling all Americans. . .

Do not listen to the Euro's advice on fashion. Trust me on this.

Chicago
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Euro style <> American style

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers
    Do not listen to the Euro's advice on fashion. Trust me on this.
    Seconding this motion... when I go to Italy I can get away with some pretty outrageous shit; NY same thing... Never gone out to LA so I cannot speak for that.
    However, I live in Chicago, some of the stuff I can get away with in other cities doesn't fly here.
    Also, dress for your body type. I'm 6'1" and 215... I look fucking ridiculous in Seven's... my personal favorite are Paper Denim's, or AG's. I love Ben Sherman shirts, but since they are British... and most of the sizes over here are for smaller guys, I cannot wear them... I look really, really dumb.
    On a personal note (in regards to name brand peacocking), I don't do it... I never wear a shirt or article of clothing with the name/logo readily visible. LaCoste is the only exception here. This is just my style, but I look at guys who do that and they seem to be trying real hard. I do get a lot of compliments on my style from girls, however they will try and neg you on it, so I try to avoid the issue.
    Here are some definite negs you will hear from girls...
    HB: "Hey I like your shirt, I saw that at Banana on sale."
    or
    HB: "Nice sweater, I almost bought my boyfriend that exact same one from The Gap."
    or
    HB "I love guys that wear Thomas Pink shirts."
    They are categorizing you... I think it's best (Cedar, Fad3r, Numbers... some help here) to respond with something showing how materialistic they are... this is something I could definitely use help with. My default response if this ever happens to me, which is rare, is just to point out how wrong they are and then turn around.
    Private message me if you want a good book to pick up to help you with some fashion tips, I am unsure if I can post titles here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's like that for every city- some fashions are prominant here that aren't elsewhere. the secret is to find a style you're comfortable with and proudly wear it. when i go home (d.c.) everyone makes fun of my clothes- i dress kind of hipsterish- but i love it. i embrace the difference between myself and everyone else.
    by the way, i'm with you all the way on the logo display. i cannot stand when the clothes i own have labels displayed.

Lowell, Ma
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Chester
    Cedar, you can find them at Macy's, Neiman's, or whatever dept. store equivilant you have in the Twin Cities. If not... eBay is a good bet, but trying them on is usually best.
    I prefer Diesels, Evisu Genes, and tsubi denim. I have expensive taste, but I would rather have quality then quantity.
    Dude just go on ebay and save some money.. too bad you cant try it there but if you know the numbe you weare you should be fine.
    I saw some kick ass truereligion jeans... really tight.
    Ask truereligion about it he bought one that costed somewhere around 240 dollars.. insane. I bet you can find it on ebay for much less..
    Never mind I have the web site..http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.co.../92080315.html

Switzerland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry I couldn't help but laugh when I saw these...
    http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...&Nu=Product+ID
    I have a question. I was wondering how much all the big name brand jeans cost in your area. Like Diesel, Energie, G-Star, and ect...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yozhno
    I'm sorry I couldn't help but laugh when I saw these...
    http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...&Nu=Product+ID
    I have a question. I was wondering how much all the big name brand jeans cost in your area. Like Diesel, Energie, G-Star, and ect...
    whoa. that is a pair of jeans.
    standard price for a good pair of name-brand jeans will be in the $185-225 range. you can find them more expensive (true religion are up there).

Eastern Europe and US
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since everyone is wearing boot cut and they are all over the place...what is the next best thing? I prefer low rise, and what? - straight leg or what? All you jeans "experts" weigh in on this. What is the "next best thing" to boot cut?
    Cheers,
    Katil

Switzerland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeans - the definitive thread

Just wondering what everyones favorite designer jeans name brand is?

Europe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Voted other.
    I've taken a huge liking to Swedish designer Johan Lindeberg's PEO jeans - they're slimfit, and suit me perfectly.
    I'm not a big fan of bootcut, but DKNY makes some great bootcut jeans, so I'd recommend checking out their jeans too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Voted also other. NUDIE JEANS
    I so agree with Liturgy,they are perfect, but also take a look at www.nudiejeans.com

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rogan
    Red Monkey
    Evisu
    Edun
    Top my list
    -GameBoy
    All your women are belong to me.

I hear their periods attract bears... bears can smell the menstration. - Brick Tamlin
    Check out GameBoy's Game Theory: Archive and Journal - updated 12/24/06: Songs I love to dance to.
    And check out GameBoy's new Blog: Devoted to all aspects of personal Style. (Including fashion)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Energie,
    G-Star

Sweden
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nudie
    Cast Iron
    Seal Kay
    Replay

WEST LA, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bray Steve Allan
    Zenga S

Dark Side of the Moon Baby
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

buffalo by David Bitton

Ireland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POP - London

BERLIN, Germany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Voted other!
    Hugo Boss Orange
    Evisu
    Lindeberg Sport

bloodgroove Guest

Maybe I'm not exposed enough to designer jeans but what differences are you seeing in the designer versus levi/lee brands?

London England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

designer jeans are generally of higher quality- particularly those made in italy
    another thing ive noticed is designer jeans still look good even when washed many times- regular jeans lose alot of thier 'look' after a couple of washes
    oh- and designer jeans look and feel better as well!
    http://reviews.ebay.com/Why-Should-Y...00000000723197

Germany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Voted other. Tommy Hilfiger "Manhattan".

Switzerland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone else tried on Ezra Fitch jeans granted they are not fitted like Diesel but comfy as hell.

Switzerland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also what is everyones opinion on Juicy Couture jeans? I'm surprised noone has mentioned them. I've never tried on a pair but was thinking about buying a pair?

dinopeep1 Guest

everyone is focusing on the different brands (which i understand), but what about the different washes? which ones are the coolest? i just got a pair of Diesel jeans and i was wondering if they are too dark (according to the cashier the darker washes are coming in now). they are so dark that its almost black. should i stick too a lighter color?

Midlands, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can you not have:
    Levi's
    Armani
    girls simply love the idea that their jumping into bed with a man that can provide for them, get some fake armani's if you must...but make sure you have an ass for it... go to the gym.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Favorite

Haven't tried alot of different brands. The first ones i found were AXIS denim. Ended-up being very satisfied with fit and feel (the stitching is so fine that they feel like a pair of flannel p.j.'s). I did have trouble finding a black pair, though.
    What suprised me was lack of knowledge about designer jeans from store employees and even women that are supposed to be so fashion conscience. A "real" pair is made from the highest quality cotton, super-fine stitching is what really differentiates them from regular jeans. It's not just the label.
    Crazyhorse
    Last edited by crazyhorse; 03-27-2006 at 09:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EVISU
    DIESEL
    BATHING APE
    All I wear. There is nothing like wearing a pair of 2-300$ jeans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evisu

bloodgroove Guest

Here's a question
    How much are you paying for you designer jeans? And are they worth it?
    I've been seeing designer jeans for 150+ recently, and while I might spend 90 on a shirt, there is almost no way in hell I'll spend 150 on jeans. Am I looking in the wrong places for these jeans or are they all this ridiculous.

Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G-Star Raw in The House
    diesel are pretty good too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D & G
    -Highway

"It's my way, or the highway."

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodgroove
    Here's a question
    I've been seeing designer jeans for 150+ recently, and while I might spend 90 on a shirt, there is almost no way in hell I'll spend 150 on jeans. Am I looking in the wrong places for these jeans or are they all this ridiculous.
    I paid $300 for a custom pair of Rogan jeans and they were worth every penny.
    Aside from that - I have a friend who has a wholesale lisence and hooks me up with Evisu, Red Monkey or BAPE.
    I've also found great jeans at Express Mens, Nordstrum Rack or online outlets. Typically i snipe end-of-season items for huge markdowns. It also helps that I'm tall and lean (few people will be buying the size that I need)
    -GameBoy

I hear their periods attract bears... bears can smell the menstration. - Brick Tamlin
    Check out GameBoy's Game Theory: Archive and Journal - updated 12/24/06: Songs I love to dance to.
    And check out GameBoy's new Blog: Devoted to all aspects of personal Style. (Including fashion)

London, ON
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodgroove
    Here's a question
    I'd rather spend 150 on a pair of jeans rather than 90 on a shirt. You really only need a few good pairs of jeans. If you have a wide assortment of interesting shirts at decent prices then you're doing well. Women don't always look at face value.
    I'll add MAVI to the list, its the only "good" pair I have and I love em to death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only own one pair of 7s. Lately, I've been itching for the pair of Hugo Boss Orange jeans that I'm wearing in this pic:

Howler is right about the quantity of good jeans needed. I've only ever owned two or three different pairs of jeans at a time. I'll wear 'em for a week before I wash them. They'll go with anything I'm wearing in that particular week. As for shirts, dammit, wash 'em after you wear 'em.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a few pairs of jeans that only come out at certain times. Red Monkey's are not for work, but I will wear my Rogan, Oakley, DKNY or others here.
    I have maybe 9 pairs of jeans in all different colors and styles.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite brand of jeans are polo,Enyce,fubu,ecko and sean john

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't Forget the "Silhouette"

One very important aspect of high quality jeans is how they are cut. I'd love to see some recommendations on jeans that flatter one's physique, if you know what I mean. For example, I own a pair of express jeans, which I bought at a friend's recommendation. The quality is high: the wash is very nice, the cotton is soft, and there are details which set the jeans apart: the outside lining of the pockets has an interesting pattern and the stitching is of high quality.
    HOWEVER, the jeans basically make a man's derrier look flat as a pancake. I've tried on the smallest size I can possibly fit into, in several styles, so I know it's not because I've chosen the wrong size or style, it's because of the way express jeans are cut.
    So let's move discussion in the following way: which jeans are of high quality (durable, quality construction) but also make you look good in all the right places.
    Adamm

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adamm411
    One very important aspect of high quality jeans is how they are cut. I'd love to see some recommendations on jeans that flatter one's physique, if you know what I mean. For example, I own a pair of express jeans, which I bought at a friend's recommendation. The quality is high: the wash is very nice, the cotton is soft, and there are details which set the jeans apart: the outside lining of the pockets has an interesting pattern and the stitching is of high quality.
    HOWEVER, the jeans basically make a man's derrier look flat as a pancake. I've tried on the smallest size I can possibly fit into, in several styles, so I know it's not because I've chosen the wrong size or style, it's because of the way express jeans are cut.
    So let's move discussion in the following way: which jeans are of high quality (durable, quality construction) but also make you look good in all the right places.
    Adamm
    Adamm:
    I can still remember the first time I tried on True Relition jeans. I thought ..." So that's why they cost so much. My ass looks AWSOME."
    TRs took a cue on styling from Rock and Republic jeans. R&R were founded by guys who were tired or wearing womens jeans to get the cut and accentuation that they wanted. (Seriously)
    TR has also taken a lot of styling cues from Rogan jeans.
    Rogan are a denim empire. For a long time, that was the only medium Rogan worked with. This is the guy who convinced American that jeans could be worth $300. He started the 'premium' denim craze.
    I have 2 pairs of Rogan jeans (and went as far as to have a custom pair made, and they're great [I'm wearing them right now])
    A wing of mine also LOVE Lucky Brand.
    He claims that they make "his junk look bigger". I've never taken the time to verify this, so I'll leave that up to you to figure out.
    I'd give this ball-park guide as to what brand show of what feature the best:
    *Remember that each brand will have their own spins and try to cater to other audiences. The features/styles I am talking about are in regards to how they made their name/their flagship styles.
    Se7en: Abs. The cut is very low and very tight on the front. They highlight your ass (if you're wearing a tight enough pair) but are often so low-cut you have to be ripped to pull them off.
    True Religion: Ass. Seriously - that's why you buy them.
    Rock & Republic: Ass.
    Rogan: Height and frame. I'm a tall guy and their cuts highlight a trim body and long legs very well (if the rest of your style matches)
    Buffalo and Express: Decent quality, but they don't "feature" anything.
    Lucky Brand: "Junk"
    DKNY: Not much - they look better on slim builds and help to show off your abs. Nice washes and alternate colors. (I have a great faded brown pair)
    Oakley: More on the baggy side. Good for bigger guys or anyone with pulling a slightly baggy/urban/skater-esque style.
    Paperdenim: Good quality. Very Rogan-esque in materials, but the cut doesn't really 'flaunt' anything.
    Levis: While Levis do make custom jeans and have a premium shop - their general line is more about lasting forever than looking good. Levis invented jeans in Calfornia for the gold-prospectors and they have continued to keep function their prime concern.
    Anchor-blue: Basically levi's in disguise.
    Another thing to note: You have to HAVE something to flaunt. A good pair of pants can only go so far.
    Last edited by GameBoy; 04-11-2006 at 04:22 PM.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, thanks for that great synopsis.
    I was considering browsing the PaperDenim&Cloth jeans. I try to remain unbiased in all facets of but I think I was just swayed a little bit, haha... considering I'm still trying to get into style.
    As a guy who has worn Levi's exclusively all his life until recently, I can attest to them being indestructible.
    I've also been considering this particular pair of True Religions for a while now.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria
    Wow, thanks for that great synopsis.
    I was considering browsing the PaperDenim&Cloth jeans. I try to remain unbiased in all facets of but I think I was just swayed a little bit, haha... considering I'm still trying to get into style.
    As a guy who has worn Levi's exclusively all his life until recently, I can attest to them being indestructible.
    I've also been considering this particular pair of True Religions for a while now.
    I like the wash a lot, but they won't dress down too well in a warm summer. (something to think about) However, they'd look great instead of the Hugo jeans you have in the above picture.
    2 things to note with TR jeans:
    Those are going to be pretty tight in the thighs. They won't feel the most comfortable, but they'll look pretty good.
    2nd: If you can, get their rainbow-stitched pockets. Fantastic peacocking. Watch how many sets open you and realize that you're a man with taste.
    (This is why the designer pocket craze boomed into what it is today. - blame Rock and Republic for that.)
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rainbow?

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That'll do.
    ... tell me that wasn't your ass...
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeeees, because I'm an ass model for www.TrueReligionBrandJeans.com.
    Man, True Religion has some insane pocket designs.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-MENS-TRUE-R...QQcmdZViewItem

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria
    Yeeees, because I'm an ass model for www.TrueReligionBrandJeans.com.
    Man, True Religion has some insane pocket designs.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-MENS-TRUE-R...QQcmdZViewItem
    Craziest pockes go to Red Monkey hands down. Evisu would be a runner-up (have you seen thier Koy and Dragon designs? DAMN.)
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dammit, those Red Monkey pockets are awesome. Although I'm probably overdoing the Asian flair thing wearing those... Orleans warned me about this.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the pyramid pockets from RM and get opened all the time when i wear them.
    I keep looking for others from RM and Evisu, but feel content with my selection.
    I would like to field-test the RM "bondage girl" pockets...
    -GameBoy

Oslo, Norway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACNE! Acne acne acne!
    and Tiger of Sweden...

Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where are the tsubi's
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt".

-William Shakespeare

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im Liking Pepe Jeans at the moment, They have some nice details on.
    www.pepejeans.com
    Check it out

Raleigh, NC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with H0wl3r. My favorite pair of jeans are MAVI. They look perfect with a Ted Baker or Robert Graham button down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diesel
    Replay
    G-Star
    We
    These brands fit fine for me.

South Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rock Republics
    Antik Denim
    True Religion
    Diesels
    Sevens are slowly fading off..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recommend:
    Tiger of Sweden
    Nudie
    French Connection UK
    bye bye...

DC Area
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome post Gameboy!!
    Does anyone know from experience sort of which brands run large and which run small??
    I want to get Red Monkeys. Now my 36 Antiks are pretty tight at the thighs, and they accentuate my package. I used to think girls don't like the tight look but I heard from a female friend that they actually check the guys bulge out provided he's not physically unattractive (he just has to be neutral). This is one of those things that you think you know how they think, but you don't....
    Anyway, I'm looking for something a little more relaxed, but I DO NOT want the hip-hop baggy look. How do Red Monkeys, TRs and RRs run compared to Antiks?
    Cheers,

Quebec, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as jeans are concerned, I'm really not an expert. I wonder if there is quality jeans that have a cut similar to the Lois classic 'straight cut' model. This is the best fit for me in regular jeans.
    Any advices?

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by superseiyan
    Awesome post Gameboy!!
    Does anyone know from experience sort of which brands run large and which run small??
    I want to get Red Monkeys. Now my 36 Antiks are pretty tight at the thighs, and they accentuate my package. I used to think girls don't like the tight look but I heard from a female friend that they actually check the guys bulge out provided he's not physically unattractive (he just has to be neutral). This is one of those things that you think you know how they think, but you don't....
    Anyway, I'm looking for something a little more relaxed, but I DO NOT want the hip-hop baggy look. How do Red Monkeys, TRs and RRs run compared to Antiks?
    Cheers,
    Thanks Cheers
    "Size" is primarily dependand upon where they jeans sit. Are they on your waist or your hips?
    Rock and republic are an exception - they sit low, but are sized for your waist.
    TR sit higher but are sized large.
    Antiks in my experience are pretty balanced fit.
    I wear a 32 in TR
    A 34-36 in Se7ven - i get very low rise with Se7en, so they are on my hips, not waist.
    a loose fitting 34 in Rogan - but these look GREAT tight. TR bascically stole their styling from Rogan (even the 'trademark' twisted leg seam - that was Rogan too)
    Red Monkeys should fit baggy and are comparible to Evisu, but I like my Evisu tighter (this has to do with poicket styling) Also, being dark jeans, they'll look better if they're loose. You wear them for the pocket styling - not for your features. I'd get a comfortable pair of 34 in RM
    Express I'm 32 - 34, depends on the cut.
    My 34 Anchor Blue fit SOOOO well, but look like crap
    34 in Oakley are baggy as hell, but the waist is nice, I still use a belt.
    32 DKNY are really tight on me, but look great/slim.
    R&R ride low, but i wear a 34 well.
    -GameBoy

Calgary
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parazuko Jeans (not sure if i am spellking right)- They look great, but what I really like about them is they are well made. They Don't ware out easily at all. Some of the strongest jeans around.
    Buffalo Jeans - They have some of the better looking jeans avaible for the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a fan of Mavi and BKE as well.
    Although my favorites are from Abercrombie & Fitch.
    To be honest there isn't much selection here in the midwest. We do have a Von Mar for high end tailored suits though.
    What type of shoes do you rock with your jeans? Here, I normally sport a pair of doc martins because the bars are so packed here that your shoes are trashed at the end of the night anyway. My roomie has 2 pair of cowboy boots that proove to be a conversation piece, so I may pick up a set for myself.

Poland - Warsaw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love Prada Jeans.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackm
    i love Prada Jeans.
    I'm really disapointed with the new prada jeans.
    They're nothing special.
    In fact, Prada has become a label, that's it. These jeans are overpriced IMO because they offer nothing, and similarly priced jeans offer so much more.
    -GameBoy

Frankfurt
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cavalli
    dolce
    etro

j
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bray Steve Allan gets my vote... or rather, Other does.

Quebec, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread really opened my eyes on high quality jeans. I gave a try to some red monkeys, and they look awesome. Got great reactions to the flashy back pockets! Easy to shoot some 'hey, don't look at my ass, pervert' answer when a girl notice the crazy pocket design.

Jar Guest

Just Cavalli
    Tommy Hilfiger
    Energy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted diesel because some of their jeans are really peacocky
    Ie. the ones with the tears lined with bright orange material.
    But, I think the cut is more important. People seem to not be very well educated on these things. If you have big glutes (ass), a loose straight leg cut will usually be best - unless you like having a gheto booty. Conversely tight boot cut jeans will give you shape, just don't go overboard with them, they tend to look like bell bottoms :P

Huddersfield
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemy
    This thread really opened my eyes on high quality jeans. I gave a try to some red monkeys, and they look awesome. Got great reactions to the flashy back pockets! Easy to shoot some 'hey, don't look at my ass, pervert' answer when a girl notice the crazy pocket design.
    Damn how much did those red monkeys set you back?
    Evisu are probably my favourite jeans, in my afc days my ass got squeezed a fair few times thanks to the 'guls' on the back pockets.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've dropped $99 on a couple of pairs of RMC jeans
    I found a GREAT pair of Antik lat night, but they were too fuckin' tight.
    Great chinese Dragon/Tiger design. Very unique...
    -GameBoy

Huddersfield
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought they were like $300 a pair, thats what i've read anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True Religion hands down. Sexiest jeans ever.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They typically are - but if you know the right people (wholesale) you can get 'em cheaper.
    Evisue and RMC are very similar in quality - but Evisu no1 and no2 -no3 is a little cheaper.
    Rogan are my stand alone favorite. They aren't peacocky, but they look and feel great. (The ones I'm wearing now have a subtle contour pinstripe that looks awsome).
    I'll be getting a new pair of either Antik or TR soon.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Monkey's are really peacocky, but it's just not my style since they are generally too baggy. Oh, Gameboy, you should know that those "wholesalers" you are buying them are selling replica jeans, cause Red Monkey Jeans are rare, and range from $300-$2000 per pair, since it's the finest quality Japanese denim around.
    Personally, I like more simplistic jeans like 7FAMK, Rock & Republic, and Diesel. I love the Zathans, with the low rise bootcut, and small destroyed patterns. Nudie jeans are nice too, and if you wear them constantly, you can amass your own faded patterns that are really unique. I also have a few pairs of SacredBlue, and they are alright. Not my favorite, but considering all the other labels, I feel they are a lot furthur above the rest.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fourplay
    Red Monkey's are really peacocky, but it's just not my style since they are generally too baggy. Oh, Gameboy, you should know that those "wholesalers" you are buying them are selling replica jeans, cause Red Monkey Jeans are rare, and range from $300-$2000 per pair, since it's the finest quality Japanese denim around.
    Personally, I like more simplistic jeans like 7FAMK, Rock & Republic, and Diesel. I love the Zathans, with the low rise bootcut, and small destroyed patterns. Nudie jeans are nice too, and if you wear them constantly, you can amass your own faded patterns that are really unique. I also have a few pairs of SacredBlue, and they are alright. Not my favorite, but considering all the other labels, I feel they are a lot furthur above the rest.
    The "Wholesaler" i mentioned before is a good friend of min with his own store. He buys them from RMC (and other brand). I'm not talkin' about eBay jeans.
    And again - no, i can't get anyone else in on this - sorry guys.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant go past:
    Nudie
    Evisu
    Lee (true rockstar stovepipes)
    old 501's
    Tsubi (massive aussie brand- now in america)
    Roy (also an aussie designer)
    Btw if it aint tight its a no go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mizra jeans from Japan. These are the ultimate peacock jeans...at $400 though.
    http://www.shokuninn.com/english/miz...ra-hanbai.html

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I'm a fan of one-stop threads (cologne anyone?) I've merged our two dominant Jeans threads into this one! It makes a better resource this way, and it's easier to follow, and I'll talk to Malibu and Fresno about making it a sticky (they are the chief mods on the F&S board).
    As for my Denim obsession:
    After breaking all of my pairs in, and coordinating them in different outfits and all that other jaz - my favories are probably my two pairs of Rogan jeans.
    The two pairs that I have are:
    Rogan Ethanol wash:

An increadibly nice, dress-denim that wears increadibly fast. The seams around the front and back pockets are becoming mildly frayed after only a few (4-6 months) of routine wear/washing - but i really like the look (and Rogan warns you about it's fast againg when you buy them) They are super comfortable and look great with just about anything. There is no design on the pockets and the brand isn't known to pop-culture so they don't work very well for peacocking (other than the red interior of the pockes [nice detail]) - but the look and fit great and I wear them at work, home, and the club.
    Rogan custom indigo pinstripe:
    This is a pair i had tailored custom by Rogan. I was such a fan of the first pair that I wanted another pair, and something unique. These are made from industrial denim in an indigo color with controured pinstriping and a metalic-sheen blue stitching. They're not as low-rise as premium denim typicaly is and they're long enough that I (typically) cuff the bottom. They're a differnt look - but one that I love.
    Aslo, being of a more industrial-grade denim; they don't have the fast-aging aspect of the Ethanol wash.
    I'll add me reviews of my new Antik Western Tiger jeans and my 2 new True Religion's soon (I love both of these!)
    -GB
    Last edited by GameBoy; 09-02-2006 at 08:58 PM.
    -GameBoy

DC Area
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm buying some True Religions over the next week. I bought Rock & Republics, but they were so small I couldn't even put them on. I'm realizing that ALL brands run different. So now I'll try New Religion. I've seen some "Bobby" cut at a very good deal. Bobby, Joey, etc. I don't even know if these make a difference. I have powerful built (and large) thighs and a derriere, so my current Antiks are pretty flattering. I'm looking for a similar fit but a little looser without being hip-hop baggy.
    What's the rule of thumb, you should be able to wear the jeans without a belt, right?
    My natural size is 36, that's what I wear for dress pants.
    Last edited by superseiyan; 06-22-2006 at 02:16 PM.

London
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzer
    So, I know that Diesel, Seven, and Energie are top brands to wear these days, but what styles are people going with? There's tons of boot cut styles on ebay, but I always felt that these were too tight. What kind of cut/style do you people wear? (If you aren't pulling leg, please don't respond )
    how the fuck do you manage to miss out evisu and levis?

Huddersfield
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man, contrary to what most people i've seen tell people on here i wear all my jeans with a little sag, there is nothing worse than nut huggers

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by superseiyan
    I'm buying some True Religions over the next week. I bought Rock & Republics, but they were so small I couldn't even put them on. I'm realizing that ALL brands run different. So now I'll try New Religion. I've seen some "Bobby" cut at a very good deal. Bobby, Joey, etc. I don't even know if these make a difference. I have powerful built (and large) thighs and a derriere, so my current Antiks are pretty flattering. I'm looking for a similar fit but a little looser without being hip-hop baggy.
    What's the rule of thumb, you should be able to wear the jeans without a belt, right?
    My natural size is 36, that's what I wear for dress pants.
    Depending upon the brand - I wear a 32, 33 or 34.
    TR's a a 34 for me - hands down.
    Their size is a little funky, and it's very similar to R&R.
    It's funny, I'm actually wearing my Bobby Big T rainbow pocket TRs now.

The main difference between the Bobby and Joey styles is that the Joey's have button flaps the two back pockets and the 5th pocket (often called the change pocket).

Out of all the brands I have, the TR are the tightest in the thighs - almost on the verge of being too tight, but the denim is also the softests out of any and it makes up for the constricting cut. For these jeans to look their best, you need to have good abs (the front is very low cut) and a defined ass.
    Now, here's the funny thing - I could wear a 32, and it would probably fit my waist better if I didn't have as much definition in my thighs. You see, I work in San Francisco and walk through the hills for 2+ miles ever day carying a 20lb pack; that'll tone up your legs. In a 32 TR, the legs constrict too much and they aren't comfortable, but i can't wear a 34 without a belt (and I"m not sure that anyone really could given how low-cut they are [seriously, the fly {zip up btw} is only 4 inches long])
    And BTW - I freakin' love these jeans.
    Last edited by GameBoy; 09-02-2006 at 08:50 PM.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess, Baby Guess!

Bought some beautiful Guess jeans for $15 at Ross. I believe they retail for $80. Got 'em hemmed for just $20 extra.
    I also tried on some True Religions and the pocket graphics are wild indeed. However, not only do they fit very tightly through the thighs, the pair I tried on had a tapered cut! I've done everything in my power to avoid tapered jeans ever since my conversion to fashion forward
    The fit of these guess jeans is pretty good. Nice definition for my derriere, well defined through the thighs, with a really nice wash front *and* back.
    Adamm

BAKO!!!, California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody tried any X-ray brand jeans? I saw a cool pair on melrose and was curious about em.

bloodgroove Guest

I've got a pair of white jeans I want to customize. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as dying jeans and creating lighter wear spots?

Antwerp, Belgium, Europe.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there's enoug cash, I would go for an Armani Jeans.
    The Armani Eagle on the right back pocket is fancy but casual.
    Evisu is also quite posh.
    Cheers!

albany, New York
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that the best jeans for under $150 are guess. they fit perfectly, but if i'm gonna go more expensive, i tend to go Diesel, they tend to fit me perfectly.

12345 ... LastLast