275 23.42%

Thread: Jeans

FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Los Angeles
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, no jeans are not posted at high end clubs. At high end clubs in Hollywood designer jeans are ok. High end clubs= Area, Priveledge, Hyde etc. Low End= Floritine Gardens, Miyagi's. You'll be cool EEzerik!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up myself a pair of APC New Standards a few days ago. These jeans are like the perfect pair, not too skinny but not too baggy, slightly tapered at the bottom. Not to mention, that they are dry selvage. The quality is absolutely amazing, and the jeans fade away to how you wear your jeans, not some pre-defined factory wash. By the looks of it, most people here arent really into high end selvege denim, but more like middle class denim. Thats not to say that True Religions and R&R arent nice jeans, but they just arent as high quality as other jeans, say, Dior, APC, Nudie,Earnest Sewn, PRPS, Sugar Cane, etc. These jeans are more "underground" than your typical designer denims. You usually cant find these jeans at department stores that sell TR and stuff like that. Of course, I would say that this "high-end denim" that i am talking about is not for everyone. It is for those for truly appreciate denim and and denim craftsmanship, most girls, or people for that matter havent heard of them, or wont even be able to identify them (because they usually have a very plain arcurate on the jean pocket, instead something distinctly recognizable). If you want jeans that girls will notice, and will add more "value" go with jeans like True Religion and stuff like that. Just my 2 cents i guess. hahha.

Los Angeles
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know style and those jeans, we're talking Hollywood. TR and RR are higher quality then your "underground brands". This is will route down to style too. I'll take the fucken Pepsi Challenge any day. They're underground= they can't get into Hollywood Boutiques and cool stores here and people don't rock them here. I've seen them but I don't wear those jeans or know cool people that do. This is L.A. dude!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a look in a GQ magazine. How many pairs of True Religions do you see? Most likely 0.

Im not saying that TR and R&R etc. arent popular are nice. They are just that.Popular. Theyre way hyped up. Just like i said before, if you want popular jeans, get them. If you want higher quality, differnt jeans, get the premium jeans i was talking about.

and just a lil FYI...
    You can find alot of stores that carry the jeans i was talking about... Barney's has got them...American Rag has got them..Rebel8 has got them...
    And im sure alot of other clothing stores down there have them too.

Los Angeles
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GQ MAG! LOL! Rookie.... Game Over!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear Energie "straight morris" cut because I love the fit. They're tight, but they have a slight bootcut, so they don't bunch up at that ankle. I have 3 pair in different washes... got them at Century 21 for $50 a piece.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wearing a pair of Rag & Bone RB15 in Ash Black today.
    It's my first time wearnig them. They're a little snug but look amazing. The quality is top-notch for the price paid (bough on sale). Worth checking out.

I just bought a pair of RB6s in Indigo
    -GameBoy
    All your women are belong to me.

I hear their periods attract bears... bears can smell the menstration. - Brick Tamlin
    Check out GameBoy's Game Theory: Archive and Journal - updated 12/24/06: Songs I love to dance to.
    And check out GameBoy's new Blog: Devoted to all aspects of personal Style. (Including fashion)

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
    I just bought a pair of RB6s in Indigo
    And an RB 11 workman.

Rag & Bone have been bought-out by Theory. In an effort to snatch-up the USA, made by hand, garments while they're still out there I've bitten the $-bullet and grabbed the jeans now.

You can find some on sale. I reccomend it.
    -GameBoy

I hear their periods attract bears... bears can smell the menstration. - Brick Tamlin
    Check out GameBoy's Game Theory: Archive and Journal - updated 12/24/06: Songs I love to dance to.
    And check out GameBoy's new Blog: Devoted to all aspects of personal Style. (Including fashion)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upgraded a few pairs of Jeans- they were never my staple but now kind of are. 7's corduroys, nice collective, paper denim, diesel, diesel, levis

Have 2 pairs of Stitch's coming in this week and I just picked up some 7 diamonds stuff. It usually has embroidery on it:

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up for PRPS. I really like the adjustable snaps on the waist line. Great detail. The denim is thick, and the stitching solid and vibrant. I'd wear these as a great casual-wear or on the weekend. Possibly to the office, but likely not.

A new brand that I discovered today was April 77. The most interesting thing about these jeans was that they have a guitar-pick pocket on top of the usual 5th pocket (also known as the 'change pocket'.) It's an easy and convenient seque into guitar playing and DHV. The denim seemed rather light and was selling for $160 new. Not a bad price. I put it in the Paper Denim line, but with higher points for the one detail mentioned above and for its exclucivity.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up 2 pairs of stitch's on ebay.

I got them today and they are very soft. Will need to look in 3 way mirror tomorrow for fit. But, they are TIGHT. Originally I thought I would need to hem them but the way they fall and how skinny they are there is no need. Size 29. One is a little more forgiving than the other and the auction listed them as 30 and 31 since jeans have vanity fit. One has higher pockets on the back to show off the ass while the other has pockets slightly lower. Overall I am happy considering I got them for 25% of Barney's retail price.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EEZ asked what jeans I'm liking best: It varies day-to-day.

I'll probably do a shootout to determine which ones I like best. So far, my top-ranked are:

Antik Mcqueen oxy wash guitar pocket.
    Antik Eastwood Indigo w/ oxy wash, skull pockts straight leg
    Mynk Corleonne true Indigo straight leg
    Rag N Bone RB6 true Indigo straight leg
    Rag N Bone RB11 Ash-black thin leg
    Rogan Original Jeans Sniper (dark indigo)/Obsidian (true black)/Ethanol (rough wash), trouser cut,
    True Religion Bobby Big T in Indigo: bootcut, twisted leg, flap pocket, oversized detailing.

The TR and the Antik McQueen are a little more casual, but I've still worn both to the office. All of the others are jeans for the jean enthusiast. They're great quality and they're very simple. They're peacocky by virtue of how awsome they are - not by being over-the-top.
    -GameBoy

Ricky369 Guest

I like rplay jeans i own 2 pairs also like pepe jeans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up two new pairs of Floyd Bootcut Rock n Republics last week.

They literally have the best fit EVER, all I want to do is stay home all day wearing them and ogle my ass in the mirror.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toenailz View Post
    Picked up two new pairs of Floyd Bootcut Rock n Republics last week.

They literally have the best fit EVER, all I want to do is stay home all day wearing them and ogle my ass in the mirror.
    Why buy 2 pairs of the same jeans?
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Different wash and stitching ^_^

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that the Floyd was indicitive of the stitching.

I need a better RnR education.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pictures Please!
    ;d

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Denim Fit Again

OK, I posted previously asking about denim fit: about the length of jeans in particular. Overall, I find denim that falls just above the ground to be really, really nice.

Now, the question involves the "width." Waist size, gentleman, waist size. As we have all experienced, denim stretches. In the past, I've tried to purchase denim that fit "just right." In other words, it wasn't quite skin tight, but close, and I could zip or button up easily the first time I tried a pair on. With such jeans, however, I am finding that a year later, or sometimes in even less time than that, these jeans stretch out to gargantuan proportions. It is not unusual for jeans to stretch up to 2" to 3" jeans in the waist! There goes my silhouette; my fitted jeans are now gangsta rap baggy (nothing against gangsta rap baggy jeans).

So, the question is, for those of you who like fitted jeans and want to keep them that way, what's your solution? Do you size down, then endure days or weeks of pain stretching them out? Or, do you keep a large enough rotation that stretching is too gradual to be an issue until you buy...more denim? Washing is a third option, as you can often get the original waist size back or something close to it, but I know a lot of us aren't into continual washing of jeans, as this fades denim.

Assuming you like and want to keep a nice close to the body silhouette, what's your solution?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EEZerik View Post
    Pictures Please!
    ;d
    Eeeeek I feel important suddenly ^_^

I'll attempt to get pictures up tonight

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adamm
    Buy denim that is at least 14.5 oz. Look for double/tripple stitching at the seams.

It should be hard to button-up the first time that you wear them.
    When you get them home, do a warm soak and let them air-dry - they'll shrink even more. Then wear them to bed for the next 2 weeks to strech them back out.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well since people always need places to buy denim I thought I would recommend two sellers that I have bought from. One of them is "Cherie's designer boutique" on ebay:

http://stores.ebay.com/Cheries-Desig...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

http://stores.ebay.com/Saintelvis-Denim-Heaven

and

http://stores.ebay.com/DAILY-DENIM

This last one is the most organized. Good luck, hopefully you can find something you like at very fair prices.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today's findings: Evisu raw selvedge shrink a lot upon their fist soak.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Fall of Civilization

For your bemusement and horror:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14184

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever people here say that this forum is rude - I know that they've never been to SuFu
    -GameBoy

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adamm, are you looking for a new pair of slim-cut stiff denim to break-in?
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cathartic rant about label whores

You know, I occasionally peruse sufu, honestforum and styleforum. On the whole, if you have some basic questions, especially about denim, suits and shoes, you can either search for the answer or get your question answered within a day or two without much drama.

On the OTHER hand, I've never encountered such a group of drama queens in my life. (actually, I've never encountered them personally, I mean virtually). Some glaring issues with the people on those sites:

1. an addiction to clothing consumption which makes Kobayashi look like he's going on a hunger strike.

2. a greater concern for the whiskers on their jeans than they have for world peace, global warming and the future of middle east peace combined. And it's not even close.

3. an unbelievably conservative, reactionary attitude towards the world, including endless racial slurs, ad hominem attacks if you like a different brand of denim than they do, vile and vicious rants about anyone who is the subject of media scrutiny, it's just unbelievable.

Seriously, addiction to clothes and insanity are one and the same.

Whenever people here say that this forum is rude - I know that they've never been to SuFu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love my mavi jeans... for me they are the best fit ever, ive been wearing only mavi, with the exception of 2 maybe 3 pair, for about 8 years now and i have no regrets

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adamm411 View Post
    Seriously, addiction to clothes and insanity are one and the same.
    I disagree.

I'm thinking of launching my own style forum on the LordsOfStyle site.
    Thoughts?
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I was being tongue in cheek to some degree. I'm sure they're decent people. Most of them. We'll check out lordsofstyle. Follow your passion, man.

I disagree.

I'm thinking of launching my own style forum on the LordsOfStyle site.
    Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go with Bullhead jeans from Pac Sun, which is in any local mall. But I am a West Coast guy, so I imagine every PUA has his own preference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got a pair of http://usa.evisu.com/product.php?pro...9&cat=5&page=3
    @ 30 waist
    It didn't have an option for length, and they're absurdly long. I've rolled up the legs a bit but they're still super baggy/long. Other than that I absolutely love them, but is it normal for them to be so damned long?
    What would happen if I washed them?

Any help would be appreciated

The Gay Capital of the World!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Acetone View Post
    I just got a pair of http://usa.evisu.com/product.php?pro...9&cat=5&page=3
    @ 30 waist
    It didn't have an option for length, and they're absurdly long. I've rolled up the legs a bit but they're still super baggy/long. Other than that I absolutely love them, but is it normal for them to be so damned long?
    What would happen if I washed them?

Any help would be appreciated
    Most designer jeans have really long inseams. Washing and drying usually shortens the inseam a little. However, the appropriate method is to get your jeans hemmed at a local tailor. I don't know where you're from, but where I'm from, (San Francisco) yelp.com provides some nice reviews on some tailors. So try to find some and go with it. Getting your denim hemmed should take no more than about 15 bucks. Remember to ask them to keep the original hem.

edit: oh yeah, since my meeting with the SFPUA group last summer, I've been buying denim! up to a pair of sevens and two pairs of true religions. I just can't settle for lower quality jeans anymore. Good stuff. Thinking rock and republics next =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is a good fit for jeans

Before I started reading about fashion especially jeans I never really looked into getting a good pair of jeans. I new my sizes and i got basic levis or whatever in those sizes.

Now i'm looking at getting a pair of Antiks and I really like the look of those Aprill 77s. But I don't know what kind of fit I should be looking for. I mean what is "good" tight and what is too tight? any other things I should be looking for specifically?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends...the new "rage" is skinny jeans. With the right pair, you really can look like a supermodel with the figure of a praying mantis. Unless your friends consider you to be "skinny," forget about slim jeans, especially if you buy from a company like Levi's, which sizes small. With slim straight leg jeans, you want a little bit of stacking; generally two inches larger than your actual inseam will do.

Bootcuts tend to be the default style for a lot of the guys here. I really don't know how guys wear their jeans here, but I tend to go for a "fitted" look. In general, the first time you try on a pair, it will take some effort to get into and then zip up or button the jeans. The jeans will stretch considerably over time, especially if you don't wash them frequently, again, the default practice with premium denim. I like my jeans to fall just above the ground (with my shoes or boots).

Your jeans are too tight if you can't breathe, get a headache because of the loss of blood flow, or if your anatomy doesn't fit in the crotch area.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRight View Post
    Before I started reading about fashion especially jeans I never really looked into getting a good pair of jeans. I new my sizes and i got basic levis or whatever in those sizes.

Now i'm looking at getting a pair of Antiks and I really like the look of those Aprill 77s. But I don't know what kind of fit I should be looking for. I mean what is "good" tight and what is too tight? any other things I should be looking for specifically?
    Last edited by adamm411; 03-16-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the reply. I am not jack white skinny so the slim doesn't sould like me. I'm 6' 185lb athletic build. So I think i'm going to go out and see if I can find any good deals at the stores. I may even go hit up melrose to see what I can find there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am considering purchasing a pair of low rise bootcut jeans which are pretty comfortable, but my question is this: how tight is too tight? In particular, would you buy a pair of jeans which emphasize one's "junk" (up front) to a noticeable degree? The fit on these jeans is far from strangulation/painted on tight. There's a bit of room in the thigh and the jeans are pretty comfy overall.

But just standing, and especially when walking, the outline of one's anatomy is pretty easy to see. I think the jeans were deliberately cut to empashize this feature. The jeans are hardly expensive, and pretty comfy. But, I don't want to get weird stares, at least not from guys. Even from girls, I don't want to get a "are you serious?" look. Looks of admiration are ok, but not "are you gay?" looks (nothing against gays).

Here's a pic which shows how the jeans in question fit. If anything, the jeans are even more fitted than the ones pictured, especially in the area in question. See post #445 in the thread:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/sho...t=7091&page=23

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abercrombie and Fitch.

Hands down, best jeans I have ever worn...and they come with thier own frame and cocky attitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to go buy a pair of Evisus that I've been saving up for, but ended up deciding between a pair of Nudies and Pradas.

I ended with the Pradas, and I have to say they kick ass. They were hella expensive, but as much as I love Prada itself, they happened to fit me better than any other jean in the store.

They are being hemmed now...I'll try to find some pictures of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure the secret is out by now, and it was never much of a secret to begin with, but in the $100 and under price segment, Levi's has pretty much cornered the market on quality denim. I don't know how they do it, and I don't quite care, but Levi's can produce some of the softest denim in the world, in any price range.

The softest pair of jeans I have is from Sacred Blue. They look fantastic and are ridiculously smooth to the touch. But Levi's is very close. Very close. And they do it with 100% cotton. Now, some Levi's have a bit of spandex and that could very well be the reason they fit so well and have such a nice texture. But Levi's is able to accomplish this with 100% cotton also.

I highly recommend a visit to a Levi's store near you. Their selection is fantastic, and a discerning eye will yield an incredible value in denim.

Now, the "downside" is, Levi's generally doesn't have all of the crazy backpocket stitching of some other premium brands, but if you are interested in how your jeans FIT, Levi's knows what they are doing. In fact, the fit of Levi's can sometimes be too good. They can overemphasize one's frontal junk so much a passer by might mistake you for John Holmes, at least downstairs. At least you have that option, lol.

OTTAWA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you guys think of Nautica jeans?

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can do better for the price
    -GameBoy

OTTAWA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what u mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it okay to cuff ur like an inch or a half or so? i see some people do it, they're nice jeans (nudies) and i dont want to have a tailor cut them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get your jeans tailored. It is well worth it.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
    is it okay to cuff ur like an inch or a half or so? i see some people do it, they're nice jeans (nudies) and i dont want to have a tailor cut them
    For thick denim it's preferable not to tailor. This gives you the options of both stacking and cuffing - both popular styles thanks to Heidi Silman.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stacking looks far better than cuffing in my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you make jeans a bit bigger? Or will time+use make them bigger?

I bought a pair of Diesel jeans on eBay awhile back, 32x32 and they fit perfectly.

Stupid me, I figured that another pair of a different style would fit just the same. Unfortunately, they are tight as hell around my thighs and pretty tight around my ass. I figured that after a wash, however, they might stretch. Maybe just wearing them would stretch them as well. Anyone have any knowledge of this? I can't return them...

Maybe I'll just have to have one pair of uber tight jeans.
    Last edited by apocalypse later; 03-31-2007 at 08:00 AM.

MrEsquire Guest

Wear them while you sleep to stretch them out.

British Columbia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wear em and you'll stretch em but if theyre super tight they'll stretch a bit but they're still gonna be tight by the end of the day!

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes - jeans stretch out.
    I'm wearing a pair of 21oz selvedge denim right now. It look a lot to button them at first, but they'll stretch 1 1/2 inches so I need them tight in the beginning.

This is the part that sucks...
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I wore these Deisel's while shopping today at some thrift stores as well as TJMax, Marshall's, and a local tennis store. While they aren't exactly the most comfortable pants I've ever worn (probably because of how incredibly tight they are) I didn't get any weird looks and I even got a few complements. The lady manning the fitting rooms at TJMax even gave me a little tap on the butt and smiled. I didn't pursue, since I was in a huge hurry, but it gives me hope that they might be ok to wear in public.

I mean, they are really tight and my guy friends will laugh their asses off at me. But I figure there's no reason a guy can't have at least one pair of nice, tight pants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dumped some money into a pair of Diesel Shazor (slim thigh boot cut). Not only was it my rare size! (28x32), but i also found a new love for diesels. Makes the butt look so sexy =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been spending too much time on SuFu, I'm absolutely CRAVING a pair of Dior 21cm's right now, and they're only $240 on eluxury at the moment >_<

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been spending too much time on SuFu, I'm absolutely CRAVING a pair of Dior 21cm's right now, and they're only $240 on eluxury at the moment >_<
    Those are the Italian made.
    PM the Grapist over there and see if he can get you one of the Jappanese made pairs. Or, call the Las Vegas or NY Dior stores yourself. They'll probably ship to you.

I'm wearing the SExIHs now. Fuck they're tight.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, when you say "incredibly tight" do you mean that they are a bit snug, or do you mean yelping in pain tight? I'd like to get Gameboy's opinion on this also. Let me know how much those jeans stretch and how long it takes. I like fitted jeans, but I have to maintain circulation throughout my body.

Quote Originally Posted by apocalypse later View Post
    While they aren't exactly the most comfortable pants I've ever worn (probably because of how incredibly tight they are)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I don't mean "yelping in pain" tight.

They are low-rise, so they sit quite low on my hips. I really have to work for about three minutes in order to get my boxers in a place where they feel comfortable. I usually have to pull down on the crotch a bit to loosen it up so my balls don't suffocate. I'm guessing those adjustments are necessary when girls put on their jeans, so it's not that big of a deal to me. On my thighs, they're tight, but they're not painful, they just feel really snug. My butt is accentuated, but not to the point where you can identify each cheek or anything, translation: they don't look flamboyant.

The jeans aren't comfortable like a pair of CK's or something, but they're not uncomfortable either. They look kickass, by the way, and my girlfriend cannot stop running her hand up and down my leg since the texture is just so damn cool feeling.

They're something I'd wear when I knew I was doing my girlfriend that night or something. Not something I would pull out for the dance floor. I'd reccomend them, though. Why not just have one pair of tight jeans?

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, when you say "incredibly tight" do you mean that they are a bit snug, or do you mean yelping in pain tight? I'd like to get Gameboy's opinion on this also. Let me know how much those jeans stretch and how long it takes. I like fitted jeans, but I have to maintain circulation throughout my body.
    Every brand is different. I haven't worn Levi's in years (although I do like the LVC line) and can't say how fast they stretch. I usually buy jeans so that they won't need to stretch because I like them for office-wear and wear them as trousers.

That being said - I have been buying fitted jeans lately. My recent purchase is very tight, and has already stretched more than a full inch. It was too tight when purchased, but is settling into prefect now that i've worn them for a few days.

Its like they were custom tailored just for me.

Awsome.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every brand is different. I haven't worn Levi's in years (although I do like the LVC line) and can't say how fast they stretch. I usually buy jeans so that they won't need to stretch because I like them for office-wear and wear them as trousers.

That being said - I have been buying fitted jeans lately. My recent purchase is very tight, and has already stretched more than a full inch. It was too tight when purchased, but is settling into prefect now that i've worn them for a few days.

Its like they were custom tailored just for me.

Awsome.
    What kind of office job lets you wear jeans out of curiosity?
    It is interesting to see how laid back California is

Westerville, Ohio
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ALWAYS wear ripped jeans. Because then women make the comment... "You've got a hole in your jeans!" Which they think is both funny and original.

It Isn't.

There... they have started conversation with me. They have played right into my hands. Easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Funk View Post
    I ALWAYS wear ripped jeans. Because then women make the comment... "You've got a hole in your jeans!" Which they think is both funny and original.

It Isn't.

There... they have started conversation with me. They have played right into my hands. Easy.
    I was at a service learning center lately (adult day care service for the cognitively impaired) and one of the guys there commented on a friend's ripped jeans. He went "your jeans are ripped." She goes "Yeah, I better sew them"(just a false comment). So he goes "here, let me help you!" and grabs for her leg. Don't use this =P

Westerville, Ohio
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha! Never had that happen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Jeans

I'm used to wearing loose jeans all the time. I decided to try a new cleaner look so I bought some new jeans. I like the way the jeans look but I'm not as confident about them because they're a new style for me. I have a question about the fit. The jeans have a little give but when I walk the jeans get sort of snug around my thighs. Is this too tight? Should I get looser jeans?

Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try a different brand. Gant makes some great jeans for guys (like myself) with a bigger leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are they wrapping around your thighs, or are they just snug?

You want to have them snug with breathing room. No tight jeans, but no loose jeans.

Chances are, you're just paranoid because you're used to wearing loose jeans all the time. Trust me, you'll know when you're wearing a pair of tight jeans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're probably right

They're just snug when I walk. Probably just paranoid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, if they're snug when you're walking, chances are you're fine. Trust me, jeans that fit look so much better than jeans that are loose, and when you couple them with a slim fitting shirt, they look really awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordered these a little bit ago online, havent gotten them in yet:
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2871728?cm_ven=pricegrabber&cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla =bottoms:menant&cm_ite=true_religion_brand_jeans_rainbow_joey_ 'old_multi_big_t'_jeans:164346
    I basically bought them quick because I got a really good deal on them and they just seemed captivating but I dont really know much on designer denim and they are my first designer jeans (i know i should have went to a place to try on jeans but thats not an option for me). For the sizing i fit comfortable in my 31 slacks so I bought a 32....I DIDNT know jeans actually stretch until recently Couple questions.
    1) Do I need to wash these before I get them tailored?
    2) Are they bootcut? It doesnt say, but when I do a "boot-cut" search on the TR site I noticed like 5&#37; of the results actually said bootcut. Also if they are not bootcut could they look good with boots anyway? (just got my first pair of boots....harley harness boots).
    3) These look baggier than the TR's in other pictures....I didnt really want baggy jeans but maybe the guys legs in the picture just make them look baggy?
    4) I've seen conflicting posts about shrinking/stretching. If i want them to stretch I should wear them to bed and if I want them to shrink I should wash them more?

Any other tips for caring for my jeans? I basically have a really low budget....and just spent about everything I had to redo my wardrobe since I'm FINALLY able to wear "civilian clothes" again (all my civis at home are hollister/AE/A&F shit from highschool). I'm just paranoid about fUcKing them up. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated....flamers (for the way this post reeks of rookiness) also welcome they brighten my day
    Last edited by 9Breaker; 04-07-2007 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True Religion vs Diesel

I'm keen on getting a pair of True Religion jeans but i'll have to buy them online as there not readily available in the UK. I have a few pairs of diesel jeans and i'm wondering how the sizes compare. I physically measure up as a 32" but can get into 30" straight leg diesel's. are TR much the same? do i go a size down? also the lengths seem to be 33 as standard. thats really an inch to long for me but if all the styles fit on the hip i guess it's ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I got a new pair of Diesel's on eBay. While the first two pairs I got were wonderful (sizing, color, etc) this pair is absolutely horrible. It looks nothing like the picture, fits nothing like how the many sites and the auction described, and the wash just looks plain bad.

They're ZAF 796 if anyone cares. Last time I buy jeans on eBay unless I fit them beforehand. My fault, I know, I just wanted to warn anyone wanting to buy a pair.

For another update, I've found a site called Styleforum, and those guys there really know how to dress. I'm not into peacocking at all (I find I get many more girls without it) but I guess my form of peacocking is having fashion-conscious outfits with a unique flair (not trendy though).

Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buffalo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been perusing various fashion and style forums and it seems like many of the posters have proclaimed this the day of the straight and skinny (jeans, that is). I find this to be a bit odd, since quite frankly, most of the males I see are still wearing very slouchy, loose bootcut jeans.

Have straight and skinny cuts really taken such a strong hold amongst fashionistas in your neck of the woods? I'm really skeptical about the rise of the straight/skinny jeans brigade since 90% of the posters on male fashion sites are pretty much anorexic. Any thoughts from those of us with normal physiques?

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been perusing various fashion and style forums and it seems like many of the posters have proclaimed this the day of the straight and skinny (jeans, that is). I find this to be a bit odd, since quite frankly, most of the males I see are still wearing very slouchy, loose bootcut jeans.

Have straight and skinny cuts really taken such a strong hold amongst fashionistas in your neck of the woods? I'm really skeptical about the rise of the straight/skinny jeans brigade since 90% of the posters on male fashion sites are pretty much anorexic. Any thoughts from those of us with normal physiques?

I'm breaking-in a pair of SexIHs.
    They're based upon the 21cm Dior, but made from 21 oz selvedge from Iron Heart denim.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have straight and skinny cuts really taken such a strong hold amongst fashionistas in your neck of the woods? I'm really skeptical about the rise of the straight/skinny jeans brigade since 90&#37; of the posters on male fashion sites are pretty much anorexic. Any thoughts from those of us with normal physiques?
    In the world of designer fashion, yes, skinny/slim jeans are in. The fad today is slim, straight raw/dry denim jeans. While I think that skinny/slim is simply a fad, raw denim is something that may be timeless.

For the uninitiated, raw denim is jeans that have not been washed, and therefore fade, wrinkle, and conform to your shape (Nudie jeans calls them your "second skin"). You don't wash them for awhile, actually, about six months to keep the color. Give them a try if you're curious, they're really awesome.

For me, I'll keep wearing my regular fit bootcuts and occasionally straight. I really don't like my jeans to show a really defined butt, but I don't want to look like I have no butt at all. You'll probably see other guys doing the same. Most guys, like me, are simply not secure enough and do not have open-minded friends to wear tight jeans, not to mention they're simply not comfortable. Yet guys want to conform to the new "fit your clothes" style, rather than the baggy/loose wear of the 90s.
    Last edited by apocalypse later; 04-13-2007 at 07:32 AM.

Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The tighter the jeans the more to show off. I'm just glad when I can find my size (28).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gormur View Post
    The tighter the jeans the more to show off. I'm just glad when I can find my size (28).
    lol exactly! I'm a 28x32 and the moment I found a pair of diesels with that size, I went for it =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After my trip to Hong Kong I have a new favorite brand of jeans

Nippon Blue

I picked up a freaking amazing pair of limited edition jeans with an embroidered golden dragon on the front leg that fits PERFECTLY. Oddly enough I'm an XL even though I have a 32 waist. I'll see if I can take some pics for you guys, or just meet up in the field and check em out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    After my trip to Hong Kong I have a new favorite brand of jeans

Nippon Blue

I picked up a freaking amazing pair of limited edition jeans with an embroidered golden dragon on the front leg that fits PERFECTLY. Oddly enough I'm an XL even though I have a 32 waist. I'll see if I can take some pics for you guys, or just meet up in the field and check em out
    Sizes in asia are typically smaller than in america.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay can I just quickly get something defined?

I am currently rather confused as to what a "nice ass" would be on a guy. I always kinda assumed (in our day of androgyny) that a nice ass on a guy would be very similar to a nice ass on a girl, but I'm beginning to believe I may be wrong.

Describe to me what a nice ass would be, and how I would go about attaining one if I don't happen to have one already.

Edit: Yes I'm aware this post sounds mind-bogglingly stupid

Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zibitee View Post
    Sizes in asia are typically smaller than in america.
    Yep. The sizes over here changed during the 80s or sth -- so like a women's size 0 now would be like a size 2 back then. I guess it's a marketing strategy to make people feel better about their size.

Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay can I just quickly get something defined?

I am currently rather confused as to what a "nice ass" would be on a guy. I always kinda assumed (in our day of androgyny) that a nice ass on a guy would be very similar to a nice ass on a girl, but I'm beginning to believe I may be wrong.

Describe to me what a nice ass would be, and how I would go about attaining one if I don't happen to have one already.

Edit: Yes I'm aware this post sounds mind-bogglingly stupid
    A round, toned (muscular) ass. Do ass exercises. They work wonders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is called "vanity sizing." It's especially prevalent in stores and lines that cater to older and/or mainstream American markets: think Old Navy and Banana for example. Interestingly, Levi's has resisted this trend, even though they're the largest clothing company in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gormur View Post
    Yep. The sizes over here changed during the 80s or sth -- so like a women's size 0 now would be like a size 2 back then. I guess it's a marketing strategy to make people feel better about their size.

Boston Area
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought my 1st pair of designer jeans this weekend while I was in Vegas. I wandered into the Diesel store and walked out with a pair of Koffha style Diesels ($215 with Tax, Ouch). I tried on the 33s which is what I normally wear and they were a little loose so I asked for a 32 and they were out so I tried a 31. They were tight in the thigh area but the girls talked me into them telling me they looked good and that they will stretch.

I wore them around the Casinos (and to a strip club for a bachelor party) and then on the plane home and they have def stretched out. I'm almost thinking I could have gone with a 30 waist! I'll wait as long as I can to not wash them, look awesome. I keep looking at my ass in the mirror.

I really like the Diesel pocket designs. I'm going to order another pair (diff style) off ebay.

I saw someone asking how the sizing for True Religions compare with Diesel, do I dare order off ebay or should I go try them on in the store? I'll probably buy if I end up going to try them on.

I feel like a chick with all this fashion stuff but I gotta admit, its pretty damn cool walking around knowing that chicks think you know what your doing. The more I look around the more I see just how bad most guys dress and how bad I used to dress. I'm learning and actually liking it, this is fun.

I also picked up a Diesel watch while I was in there....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i shop at express. yes, cliche. cheap. not for the average chump. express is where its at, and their interest rates on the credit card aren't even that bad. so i shop at express cuz it seems as if their whole point is to look baller, but be not-so-baller. boot cut pants is what i go with. although, i'm pretty skinny. the cut depends on what kind of shoes you like to wear, your whole style does actually. but boot cut looks good for a lot of different styles. the post was to long for me to read over everything so if i repeat anything my bad. boot cut goes good with skater shoes, dunks even, and of course boots. although i don't see many guys wearing boots, there's a reason they're called boot cut. straight cut seems to flow better when you've got vans on, but then you look emo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CardBoardBox View Post
    I saw someone asking how the sizing for True Religions compare with Diesel, do I dare order off ebay or should I go try them on in the store? I'll probably buy if I end up going to try them on.
    that was me
    i actually tried on a pair of very cool true religions, ones that had some nifty standout stitching which were reduced in the sale. they were a 30 whilst i physically measure 32 but fitted perfectly, however i was after bootcut, not straight leg.
    i can get into 30 diesels so sizing seems similar however it seems fitting varies between different cuts of the same brand let alone different brands so even though the prices are tempting on ebay, there is no substitute for trying them on first in a shop, plus you know there genuine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, since I've stumbled across sites like Styleforum and Superfuture, there's no way I could go back to 7FAM, Diesel, True Religion, or any of those kinds of jeans.

Really guys, I'd reccomend checking out a pair of APCs or Nudies. Check out the fades on them! They're raw, of course, so it takes awhile to break them in and cause them to fade, but they're so much cooler than pre-washed, IMO.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

APC stretch too much and Nudies fall apart too fast for me.

I'd reccomend Rag n Bone over either of theres for a similar denim weight.
    -GameBoy

Boston Area
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by apocalypse later View Post
    Man, since I've stumbled across sites like Styleforum and Superfuture, there's no way I could go back to 7FAM, Diesel, True Religion, or any of those kinds of jeans.

Really guys, I'd reccomend checking out a pair of APCs or Nudies. Check out the fades on them! They're raw, of course, so it takes awhile to break them in and cause them to fade, but they're so much cooler than pre-washed, IMO.

Well to be honest, the only reason I'm spending stupid amounts on money on Jeans is because the HBs that I want know what Diesel, TR, Rock and Republic, etc are and they know what they cost and consider it "Fashionable". Yeah its stupid but I didn't make the rules, I'm just following along with what works to attract women.

There might be some cooler no-name stuff out there but if I'm going that route I'm totally content with my 17 dollar a pair non name jeans that I have bought over the last 10 years. I'm looking for peacocking gear that chicks can spot a mile away.

Boston Area
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stacking looks far better than cuffing in my opinion
    Can someone take a picture of what this is supposed to look like and what its NOT supposed to look like?

I know how to roll my jeans but I want to make sure its the correct way of doing it. Thanks

San Diego, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn you guys are tiny.

I stick to the "urban" brands like Ecko and such. They are about the only things that give me the option to wear my jeans fashionable baggy. Tight isn't an option for me.

My waist is only about a 36 or so, but i have the thighs to match my squat and build at 6'3 230. I tend to wear around 40s, but that works for the style I cultivate.

None of the high priced denims i've seen have worked at all.

Hanover, PA/Washington, DC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today, I went to Value City and found a perfect pair of DKNY jeans for $15. No visible defects that I could find. I was ecstatic! :-D

DKNYs may not be high end, but they're definitely an upgrade over my AEs.

East Side
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best straight up jeans: no rips, no logos or fancy sewing, frills

I know absolutely nothing about good jeans. All my jeans right now are from Express which makes them slightly better than abercrombies stuff, but only marginally.

I usually wear tight white cavin klein v-necks or tshirts ($16 a pop baby and soft as hell) with my jeans, so I want a pair of minimalist high end jeans to complete the look. Shades of blue or black, just the right cut so it comes up right above my shoe and there is no dent in, and solid colors w. some fade but no pre made rips, sewing/embroidry and such bs, that's just not my style

Any ideas on what brands carry these? I know Prada does but the day that I spend $480 on a pair of jeans will probably be the day I will hire my own fashion consultant and not need you guys

any ideas? thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavi has some jeans that are pretty basic (no crazy pockets, etc)...they're around $100 or so, but they're cut well. You can find those at Nordstrom's. For you, skip R&R and True's but if you have a high-end recycled wear store take a look in there. I've found 7s and Blue Bloods there that are fairly unfrilly but have nice stiching and cuts.

Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think all brands have a distressed (aka not "plain") line. Check on line for jeans in your price range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever you do, I'd reccomend you stay away from any jeans reccomended on here, including 7 For All Mankind, Rock & Republic, True Religion, etc. These designers are focused on pocket design, brand recognition, and trendy fits over quality denim and timeless fits. Yes, I said it--all of the "Premium" brands you find at Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom's, whatever--they all suck in quality.

I'd get a pair of dry denim. It's dark, it fades and wrinkles to your body, and it's comparable price-wise to the so called "premium" denim often reccomended here. Do some research before buying, however, as you have to account for stretching and you have to wear for awhile before washing.

East Side
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm checking out Nudie right now.

My budget is $100-$200, I usually wear Brooks Brothers ($55 a pop and very functional) polo shirts or Penguin (trying to stay away from Lacoste as it's getting a little too commercial for me) so I'd like something that would go with those too.

by the way how are people so crazy about these jeans that they won't wash them for several months? are they that comfortable?

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Older Rag N Bone
    Earnest Sewen
    Nudie
    Samurai
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JOES JEANS!!!!!!!!!!!
    CLASSIC, RELAXED, i LOVE mine.

just a side note..they rated the women's jeans tops...they are very nice.

Paper Denim is pretty plain too and subtle.

BTW i wear size 29-31 if that is your size range i have a few i was gonna sell on superfuture or ebay.
    Might have to spend 8$ to hem them, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nudie, Cheap Monday, Samurai, and April 77 will all fit your needs and budget nicely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say a nice pair of jeans with some detail on them would match better with a plain CK t-shirt better than "plain" jeans. Give them a try, you may end up liking it.