Underrated Advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Underrated Advice

Hey Guys,

I was wondering what advice or rules out there do you think is the most underrated? We all know about the 3 second rule, or peacoking, and others, but what about some of the lesser known rules that are just as invaluable that have worked for you.

For me it would SOI or statement of intent. I do not think that is discussed nearly enough. If I don't SOI before I get a number, then my flake factor goes up like crazy. The SOI lets the woman know exactly why you are talking to them.

What are some of yours?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Treating every person like they are neutral... if you treat a HB10 like a HB6.. she will love to have a conversation with you.

Later.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learn to recognize IOIs. Seeing how many you get in a day really boosts your confidence when you're starting out.

Silver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frame control times 1000. Most important aspect of social interaction imo.

I got p0wned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woaren View Post
    Frame control times 1000. Most important aspect of social interaction imo.

Uh ohhhh I disagree.

Most of the things here are OVERrated, in my opinion. Much of it can be overpassed, changed around, thought of completely differently, and still work.

The Bev
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no substitute for field experience. I wish people would stop posting "what do you think of this" type of posts and just go out and try it. I learn more from trying stuff out than i do talking about how it would work if i were to go try it out.

Tally, FL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the things here are OVERrated, in my opinion.
    Agreed. SoIs however are not discussed here nearly as much as they should be.

Everything here is like:
    "how do I #close correctly"
    "Why are my negs treated as insults"
    "I have trouble opening give me openers"
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.
    I got mad knowledge of self -Us3
    Don't trust ANYONE. Not even yourself.

Miami Beach, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best thing that worked for me is Detachment from the Outcome

Very hard to verbalize, but i can go in state where I DO NOT CARE what they think of me. Really really improved my throughput rate
    The ghost of pua's past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueStory View Post

Very hard to verbalize, but i can go in state where I DO NOT CARE what they think of me. Really really improved my throughput rate
    I'll second this. It was a truly liberating moment when I finally learned to stop being so heavily dependent on outcome. It allowed me to focus much more time and energy on the things I wanted to do to improve myself overall.
    What do the following all have in common: writing, teaching, singing, business management, consulting, and leadership?

Everybody thinks they can do it... and most of them are dead wrong.

Dallas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recognizing IOIs from a girl is vital, even if you haven't even approached her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueStory View Post

A way I verbalize it would be to say DO NOT let your idenity or self-esteem be determined by the outcome. An example I use is if you have a basketball and you shoot it at the hoop, you want it to go in but you are not a bad person if it dosen't, and you are not a good person if it does.

In pick-up you have a certain outcome that you want but if it dosen't happen the way you want it you are still the same person. Hell you are still the same person if the outcome happens the way you want.

Makes sense?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best advice to guys in general regarding women they are interested in is to not be weird. Women fear dealing with an awkward situation. To put it in perspective, this is awkward for them: friend calls them to talk, invites her out and then at the end of the night goes in for a kiss. She considers this guy just a friend. The guy was playing like her friend and then tried to change. She will likely avoid him almost entirely because she wants to avoid any repeat of him trying these things and she associates him with a single uncomfortable moment.

Other weird things include calling her seven times in an hour, paying lots of compliments when she knows she hasn't done anything to expect them, saying things like "I want to lick the worst part of you", sending them flowers if they're not your girlfriend, etc. The bill at a restaurant is the source of a heck of a lot of weirdness and anticipated weirdness, so handling it discreetly is of paramount importance. Take the bill, pay it without commenting on price, and hand it back to the waiter and continue talking with her. This is a great way to avoid awkward situations.

If you go up to women and are dressed all freaky and then introduce yourself as Lord Abysso Carnarium, Fallen Angel of Temptation and do it seriously and it's not Halloween, don't expect good results. Women don't associate behavior like that with guys they want to father their children. They associate it with watching Trek reruns on a Saturday night (not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Women avoid weirdness. They talk about weird things with their girlfriends and then inflate it to something even bigger. Don't let it happen to you.

Oh, and smiling is the other one. Smiling is the best way to improve your game.