Underrated Advice

12 LastLast
  1. Underrated Advice

Hey Guys,

I was wondering what advice or rules out there do you think is the most underrated? We all know about the 3 second rule, or peacoking, and others, but what about some of the lesser known rules that are just as invaluable that have worked for you.

For me it would SOI or statement of intent. I do not think that is discussed nearly enough. If I don't SOI before I get a number, then my flake factor goes up like crazy. The SOI lets the woman know exactly why you are talking to them.

What are some of yours?

Treating every person like they are neutral... if you treat a HB10 like a HB6.. she will love to have a conversation with you.

Learn to recognize IOIs. Seeing how many you get in a day really boosts your confidence when you're starting out.

Silver

4. Frame control times 1000. Most important aspect of social interaction imo.

I got p0wned

Quote Originally Posted by woaren View Post
    Frame control times 1000. Most important aspect of social interaction imo.

Uh ohhhh I disagree.

Most of the things here are OVERrated, in my opinion. Much of it can be overpassed, changed around, thought of completely differently, and still work.

There is no substitute for field experience. I wish people would stop posting "what do you think of this" type of posts and just go out and try it. I learn more from trying stuff out than i do talking about how it would work if i were to go try it out.

Most of the things here are OVERrated, in my opinion.
    Agreed. SoIs however are not discussed here nearly as much as they should be.

Everything here is like:
    "how do I #close correctly"
    "Why are my negs treated as insults"
    "I have trouble opening give me openers"

Miami Beach, FL

The best thing that worked for me is Detachment from the Outcome

Very hard to verbalize, but i can go in state where I DO NOT CARE what they think of me. Really really improved my throughput rate

Quote Originally Posted by TrueStory View Post
    The best thing that worked for me is Detachment from the Outcome

Very hard to verbalize, but i can go in state where I DO NOT CARE what they think of me. Really really improved my throughput rate
    I'll second this. It was a truly liberating moment when I finally learned to stop being so heavily dependent on outcome. It allowed me to focus much more time and energy on the things I wanted to do to improve myself overall.

Recognizing IOIs from a girl is vital, even if you haven't even approached her.