Norwegian moderator

miaddict
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Norwegian moderator

You guys are active enough now to have one. Spend the next two weeks choosing one. The same Forum FAQ rules apply here.

Duties of the forum moderator will consist of promoting this forum, cleaning up and stickying posts, making deletions, and generally keeping the forum working well. Foreign moderators report to me, and I will handle all their administrative actions. Active foreign moderators also get the benefit of being high up on the list to become all forum moderators, administrators, and approach coaches in the future.

Proceed to vote.

miaddict
    (If you've never failed, you've never lived.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don´t understand why the people that advertised their own workshops got completely banned. According to the rules, this should only give warning points. And IMO, why the fuss? It is not competition to you guys, as there are no bootcamps at all in Norway from your company, so let us some slack?

I nominate myself. I am active on the board and I am honest. I disagree with many of the opinions from many other members here, but disagreements and modding are two different things, and I hate people who abuse "power", (if you can call modding an anonymous forum power at all).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying that you're not a good man for the job Screamer, but you are totally against MM and most of the basic pu-theory. It will be a little ironic IMO if your were to be a mod.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, well... As I said, disagreements are disagreements, rules are rules, I can tell the difference. But I am not by principle against everything in TMM really. I just believe that the inner game is 98% of your game, and therefore when I see many guys trying to solve their inner game issues with outer game gimmicks, it just does not sit right with me. I believe there are a difference between boosting an ego (perceived image of yourself) and improving yourself.

An example of disagreeing, that don´t fuel any anger or irrationality against other users:

This thread: http://www.theattractionforums.com/f...ad.php?t=53811 Jagarock started, about him getting a good feeling when he talks with some girls boyfriend after he has had sex with her without the boyfriend knowing. Why the good feeling about someone else soon feeling bad? I believe this is the ego speaking, and that it is a deep inner game issue. Coming from a place of jealousy " I want what he has", of course it feels better to sense the power to influence this relationship, than to remain jealous. But If you don´t see the girls as the boys property, and you don´t care about how other perceive you (your ego), you really just are left with a sense of wanting to connect/fuck/be with the girl, and enjoy that. More powerful state of mind IMO. My best friend, kingofkings, has the same issue. And I hope he solves it.

But this is my opinion, and can evolve into an interesting debate, and when it is as personal as the stuff that we discuss here actually is, then it can get heated too. But everyone is different with different opinions, it will not affect the modding.

But I do understand if you want a mod who is more in touch with TMM-philosophy/lifestyle with the whole DHV/neg/peacocking-thing than me. I have no ambition of becoming Approach Coach/Allforum-mod and stuff.
    Last edited by Screamer; 11-28-2007 at 12:09 PM.

miaddict
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Screamer View Post
    Well, I don´t understand why the people that advertised their own workshops got completely banned. According to the rules, this should only give warning points. And IMO, why the fuss? It is not competition to you guys, as there are no bootcamps at all in Norway from your company, so let us some slack?
    The forum members banned from TAF for advertising in the Norwegian forum have ALL been previously warned for advertisement. However, they persisted in promoting their 'method/workshop/services' here WITHOUT approval from Savoy or The forum team. Their refusal to abide by the rules make them unwelcomed on the forums. Anyone who still promotes their workshops on their behalf will be equally warned.

Currently, only Badboy and BradP are allowed to advertise openly on the attraction forums, in addition to TMM. Anyone else who seeks similar status must get consent. It does not matter if you are in the US, UK, Norway, Congo or Peru.

fyi, 2 Advertisement warnings result in 6 warning points, which automatically result in a ban( 5 warning points result in a temporary ban).

End of story.

Nominations for a Norwegian mod are still open. Keep to the original topic.

miaddict

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I believe Screamer would be a good moderator. Mod'ing a forum is after all a different thing than being a partisipant to the forum. You are sure to come across many things in here that your inner core want's to roar at, but as a mod you can't allow yourself that satisfying feeling of ripping some poor dude off. Am I wrong miaddict?

On the other hand, Jadmas, you could also be a good moderator here. Sure, you and I have had our discussions, but just like I'm sure Screamer could do a great job, so too do I believe that you could mod this forum good too. Just as long there is a fundamental respect between us all that there are people here that have different oppinions about PU.

I completely disagree with some of the concepts that MM propagates, but that doesn't mean I develop cancer in frustration every time some of the guys on the forum wants to discuss DHV's or something. It's cool to me. My personal views on this forum are more similar to those of Screamer and some of our contributers wich got banned. But like I said, I would be happy with Jadmas or anyone else too.

The bottom line is that we need a moderator who is fair, open-minded and someone who doesn't chew-out those of a different oppinion than himself.

The magnanimity of this forum was it's strength IMO. And that has been greatly diminished now after the banning of a few. Yes, even the banning of that guy I completely disagree with!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need a moderator who is not only a good moderator, but also a PUA. Not a guy who is a professional key jockey. There is a reason for that. A moderator is an authority figur and newbies will therefor follow his advice, thinking he is a PUA. Nobody wants to be put back in this journey of becoming a better PUA, which they probably will when a KJ/AFC is giving out non field testet advices.

Because of that, IMO no one on this forum qualifies for the job. If I'm gonna vote for anybody, I vote for Adrian, because he is not KJ'ing like some others on this forum. And he will probably do a good job moderating too.

May the force be with the guy who gets the mod job. Who ever it will be, remember that with great power comes great responsibility.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miaddict
    The forum members banned from TAF for advertising in the Norwegian forum have ALL been previously warned for advertisement. However, they persisted in promoting their 'method/workshop/services' here WITHOUT approval from Savoy or The forum team. Their refusal to abide by the rules make them unwelcomed on the forums. Anyone who still promotes their workshops on their behalf will be equally warned.
    That makes it more understandable, did not know about their warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadmas
    I'm not saying that you're not a good man for the job Screamer
    Yes you are:

Quote Originally Posted by Jadmas
    We need a moderator who is not only a good moderator, but also a PUA. Not a guy who is a professional key jockey. There is a reason for that. A moderator is an authority figur and newbies will therefor follow his advice, thinking he is a PUA. Nobody wants to be put back in this journey of becoming a better PUA, which they probably will when a KJ/AFC is giving out non field testet advices.
    Thought you knew the faq:

Quote Originally Posted by faq
    Skill in the Pickup Arts is not a primary criteria for selection as a Moderator by the Attraction Forum Team. They are not necessarily more knowledgeable than the general populace.
    And talking about the faq:

Flaming Warning for users flaming/insulting other members or inciting a flame war.
    So:
    Quote Originally Posted by miaddict
    Keep to the original topic.
    Adrian Lantern was one I thought of too, but he is rarely active, but if he wants it, he gets my vote too. If not him, then PrillePralle maybe?

Oslo , Norway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

I am pretty new her and at this and i wonder if any could tell me what the fuzz i all about.

Montyback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were Craven911 and Chen Saya, who promoted workshops through this forum (not associated with TMM, but good workshops). And Wufu who recently promoted one (along with youknowwho, they claimed to follow TMM, but I did not attend their workshop) And they got banned because it is against the rules.

No fuzz besides that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate the vote of confidence guys, but I think the moderator should be someone who hasn't been warned recently.

Screamer, Jadmas and PrillePralle are all qualified IMO.

verdal Norway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vote goes to Jadmas.. good luck ;.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeg må si jeg er smigret over at noen i det hele tatt har meg i tankene, når det kommer til å velge moderator for dette forumet, med tanke på alt det sarkastiske flåset jeg har spydd ut her. Men dersom dere skal ha en Pick - up artist, så må det nok bli noen andre. Jeg er nok mer som en klovn, som sier dumt shit til damer. Ta for dere Jeffy fra RSD, så se for dere en kar som er mye, mye dummere og ikke like kul. Da har dere meg. Jeg er vel bedre på å teste ut alt som ikke fungerer, enn noe annet.

Men ang moderatorer, det burde vært fler. Tviler på at det er noen som kommer til å droppe innom her hver dag.. Eller kanskje???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hereby nominate myself.
    Not much to and no history of criticism... -i hope.

But i wont sit here all night long... i am a gamer, and lives like one.

Bergen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vote goes to Jademas. We need someone who actually supports TMM in a TMM-forum. I could nominate my self, but I got no forum admin-XP...

-YKW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Jademas would be a suitable moderator. He has the PUA knowdledge, and he's posting a lot, which means he probably has the time to moderate the forum.

Therefore I give my vote to Jademass, good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeg vet, Jadmas elsker dette forumet. Han klarer ikke å holde seg unna.

Han burde bli moderator..

verdal Norway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then it is desided Jadmas should be our new admin :-)

You have learn me many new thing`s through your post Jadmas, and I realy apriciate it-
    Hope you do a greate job.... and hope you dont get in to more fights with craven or chen.... osv---
    if so... we are gonna kick your ass.. hhehehe...

Give your visdom too uss newbees.. and maybe we 1 day might challenge you to pick up the most beutifull girl in existence... as... Jesica alba or something....

hehehehhehee....

dam it.............. I`m drunk... and My english is not that good... eather....
    Just got shut down by three sets--- do day--- :-( and the girls was not that preatty eather... HB 4-5 or something......

Yhe I know stypid to pick up girls when drinking.... but I`m to drunk to even care...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

short FR: nr1 set: 2 hb4`s crash and burn! next set 5-0 got k-close
    even met some jr-gamers... -which who seriously needs some more XP -you cant talk yourself into pussy on a loud place... .... then you need the attraction-gene...

NN

edit: ups... one more vote for me?

Bergen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Toysegutt... we need someone who KNOWS how to follow TMM. Only then can you help others with StickingPoints+++ therefore jadamas... or good old william wallace. but he isn't active. or me (though no xp of beeing moderator)

....a bit off topic:
    this is KJing mate:
    .... then you need the attraction-gene...
    if you don't have the attraction "gene" you are steril (mystery).

and this:
    you cant talk yourself into pussy on a loud place...
    yes you can. speak louder, and bounce them with you to a new venue.

back to my point and opinion:
    so again... we need a moderator who 1. knows the TMM eneugh to answer questions and help with SPs, 2. do not KJs, and 3. has some or much XP being a moderator.

so... Jademas is so far the one best suited for the job.

-ykw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jadmas did not want the job guys, remember. But yeah, I don´t really want it now either, because I won´t spend much time here any longer. the "workshop-wich-must-be-nameless" did show me, even stronger this time, the true path toward my glory. Hehe... So I don´t need to seek around for info the same way now.

So from me. 1+ vote goes to prillepralle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prillepralle seems to be the best candidate so far, so I vote for him.

Bergen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why PrillePralle? He is shitcasting the mystery method...

I do not want to give up on this forum, so if Jademas don't want the job as a moderator, then I nominate myself and learn how to be a moderator. I use, know and support the Mystery method.

-E

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by youknowwho View Post
    Why PrillePralle? He is shitcasting the mystery method...
    How do you say: "Below the belt"

I found a definition from Wikipedia: The term is also used in modern parlance to describe a comment or action which is considered abusive, overly hurtful or plain unfair.

Bergen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve looked through your posts, and I admit: my statement was under the belt. You actually have some post that supports and shows that you know TMM. But you have also been criticizing a lot of posts with an unsupportive attitude (almost laughing at the mystery method). Then again, if you can hold a supportive and serious attitude and come with supporting tips and tricks for newbees, then you might be a southing moderator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, no. Again, the moderator does not have anything to do with being skilled at pick-up, as the faq says.

But I thought of PrillePralle because of what we just saw in this thread. He is not insulting or hurting people. Something you guys seem to not worry so much about, as long as you stick to your methods and the people recieving shit falls a bit on the side of the method.

This, I believe is wrong.

The method is worthless without the people, and not the other way around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've read here, PrillePralle would be a good moderator. Unlike some of the "pro-MM" supprters, atleast he isn't bashing others over the head when their head said something contrary to the Wholybook's of MM and RSD. I'm still waiting to hear "blasfemer!!" from someone here. Wouldn't surprize me if it came now.

True, this forum was an off-shoot branch from the main hardcore TMM. But in this off-shoot they sent to Norway, they didn't send a moderator, and somehow expected us to find it on our own. But in short amount of time this forum became a bit of anarchitic in style wich actually worked despite anything.

Sure we had a few hardened discussions from time to time, but we we're allways able to settle these quarrels in due time.

Fact is: There are people on this forum from all over the Norwegian community. Most of the new people who come here aren't so "brainwashed" and crippled from all the stuff we're "supposed to see" "for our own good, of course"...

If it is possible to give these people help before they find their way to other forums with rules like: "don't post here until you have lurched X amount of weeks and studied indepth all the acronyms and community jargons. And if you won't abide.... then God help you son... YOU'R BOOTED OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!" then there could still be a real chance for them to become real, attractive naturals.

I propose the following: We need a moderator. That's clear to us all. But we need one who can respect the beast that this forum has become. There aren't just MM-folks here. There are RSD-folks, SS-folks, Direct-folks, there are Zan-folks, and I'm sure many more.
    Our moderator has to respect that. All he/she has to do is to ensure that there is a healthy level of respect here on the forum, that no-one mis-uses this forum for spreading advertisements.
    So I have to say. This isn't so big of a job. Just click on here once or twice a day, and shine up if need.

And I think PrillePralle is our perfect candidate! 1+ to him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tmm

- It seems like there is alot of misconception about what the MM really is. At least that's the image the mainstream media is projecting of the MM. Opinion Openers, Negs, Amog tactis a tubehat & some guys slapping their fragile little ego's on top. Above all TMM is a structure. A structure with some lines as an example of how to use it. How each individual fit their personality & game around this structure, is each individuals choice. Alot of people claim they run different types of game, but it basically comes down to the same structure.

I know that each of the TMM instructors got their own twist on the TMM, that suits their personality. So that's the great thing about TMM, that it's not set in stone. So it's not really a discussion about which method is the greatest, that's an useless discussion in my opinion. Try the suit and see if it fits, if it don't, throw it away. TMM is also changing, nothing is constant, everything is evolving.

So from this point of view i'm endorsing the TMM.

- When it comes to giving advice. I'm not big on giving advice to other people. But that's just me.

- I'm pretty liberal. But i'm not sure i'm gonna sit here watching the forum like the Americans are watching the Taliban, so in my opinion the best soultion is to split the responsibilty. So if "Youknowwho" would like to be a moderator, i think the responsibilty should be split.

Bergen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Lantern View Post
    From what I've read here, PrillePralle would be a good moderator. Unlike some of the "pro-MM" supprters, atleast he isn't bashing others over the head when their head said something contrary to the Wholybook's of MM and RSD. I'm still waiting to hear "blasfemer!!" from someone here. Wouldn't surprize me if it came now.

True, this forum was an off-shoot branch from the main hardcore TMM. But in this off-shoot they sent to Norway, they didn't send a moderator, and somehow expected us to find it on our own. But in short amount of time this forum became a bit of anarchitic in style wich actually worked despite anything.

Sure we had a few hardened discussions from time to time, but we we're allways able to settle these quarrels in due time.

Fact is: There are people on this forum from all over the Norwegian community. Most of the new people who come here aren't so "brainwashed" and crippled from all the stuff we're "supposed to see" "for our own good, of course"...

If it is possible to give these people help before they find their way to other forums with rules like: "don't post here until you have lurched X amount of weeks and studied indepth all the acronyms and community jargons. And if you won't abide.... then God help you son... YOU'R BOOTED OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!" then there could still be a real chance for them to become real, attractive naturals.

I propose the following: We need a moderator. That's clear to us all. But we need one who can respect the beast that this forum has become. There aren't just MM-folks here. There are RSD-folks, SS-folks, Direct-folks, there are Zan-folks, and I'm sure many more.
    Our moderator has to respect that. All he/she has to do is to ensure that there is a healthy level of respect here on the forum, that no-one mis-uses this forum for spreading advertisements.
    So I have to say. This isn't so big of a job. Just click on here once or twice a day, and shine up if need.

And I think PrillePralle is our perfect candidate! 1+ to him!
    Well, I agree that people can speak their mind without someone accusing them for blasfamy. But then agian, this is The MYSTERY FORUM. We allready have another forum in Norway that includes every method out there. So thats why we need a moderator who knows and supports TMM.Thats my opinion...

EDIT:

- It seems like there is alot of misconception about what the MM really is. At least that's the image the mainstream media is projecting of the MM. Opinion Openers, Negs, Amog tactis a tubehat & some guys slapping their fragile little ego's on top. Above all TMM is a structure. A structure with some lines as an example of how to use it. How each individual fit their personality & game around this structure, is each individuals choice. Alot of people claim they run different types of game, but it basically comes down to the same structure.

I know that each of the TMM instructors got their own twist on the TMM, that suits their personality. So that's the great thing about TMM, that it's not set in stone. So it's not really a discussion about which method is the greatest, that's an useless discussion in my opinion. Try the suit and see if it fits, if it don't, throw it away. TMM is also changing, nothing is constant, everything is evolving.
    WORD! This shows that you know the TMM, and that you support it.
    Last edited by youknowwho; 12-07-2007 at 09:25 PM. Reason: adding the quote and answer to Prille Pralle's reply

usa / norway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Youknowwho is to one sided thats for sure! we need a man with character and strength! long live moderator PrillePralle! and what is the workshop-wich-must-be-nameless?

Bergen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fresh one View Post
    Youknowwho is to one sided thats for sure! we need a man with character and strength! long live moderator PrillePralle! and what is the workshop-wich-must-be-nameless?
    Noted fresh one. your opinon against mine.

Sorry the KJ, but: character and strength? you sound like a video game man. So please explain or define what you actually mean.

Oslo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by youknowwho View Post
    Noted fresh one. your opinon against mine.

Sorry the KJ, but: character and strength? you sound like a video game man. So please explain or define what you actually mean.
    you have pretty high agility but need some more armor.
    also you should upgrade your boots to the boots of escape.

http://gprime.net/video.php/magicmissile

miaddict
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In the light of the above discussion, Jadmas has been promoted as Norwegian moderator.

Please note that the same Forum FAQ rules apply to the Norwegian forum.

miaddict