Motivational boosts

Repost of my article featured in the OAP

Success with women is a skill. Like any other skills, it takes practice, dedication and time to master. However, there are some things that speed up the process of getting good. One of them is the ability to create motivational boosts, and to harness their power in your own development.

Positive and negative momentum
Your first encounter with the community is your first motivational boost. This could be from reading the book The Game, finding The Attraction Forum, or signing up for the OAP. You realize that this is a part of your life you want to improve. So you read up on techniques and try them out in the field. Your actions get reactions. If they are good, you gain positive momentum - something that will make you take further actions and develop your game further (and happily doing so... after all you've just gotten some proof that this works!).

If they are negative you gain negative momentum. During your entire pick-up career you will experience both negative and positive momentum - things and actions that does and doesn't work - and how you handle these momentums is the deciding factor whether you will get good or not.

All the instructors of The Mystery Method know how to maximize positive momentum and how to draw invaluable experience out its negative counterpart - that's what made and makes us successful in field.

What you don't want to be
There is one group of people who never gets good in any skill: the people who quit as soon as they experience negative momentum. Think of a guy trying to master an instrument, say the guitar. He would try a C-chord for the first time, strum it and when it comes out blurry and unclear the first time, put the guitar away and go "oh this is never going to work". An extreme example perhaps, but switch out "master an instrument" to "master pick-up" and the "learn the C-chord" to "opening correctly" and you can easily see that this is applicable to our case. Needless to say, you don't want to belong to that category.

The ones who get good
However the people that get good know how to draw experience out of the same negative momentum, and riding the positive momentum to it's fullest capacity. But how do they do that? I've written a post about analyzing sets and building your skill-set which will help you gain experience in a constructive way, but the one thing that good guys do is that they create ways for themselves to get motivational boosts. These boosts are what makes you want to go out and continue building your skill even if you are in negative momentum. (They are also directly related to your goals with pick-up, so check out my post on reaching your goals to help you determine your goals and thus being able to create motivational boosts to reach those goals).

The motivational boosts
Motivational boosts can be both large and small, and they are both good to have. That being said, big motivational boosts are so much more worth than the smaller ones. In fact, the biggest motivational boost I got was from when I was a student taking my The Mystery Method Bootcamp.

That boost was so huge, that if I wouldn't have devoted all the time and effort becoming an instructor and thus creating new motivational boosts for myself - that very bootcamp would single handedly still motivate me to go out and sarge! If you haven't already signed up for a bootcamp, my best advice is to do so. My life wouldn't have been the same if I hadn't taken one...

There are other motivational boosts that help you develop quicker. Like finding a good wing or joining the local lair. Another absolutely awesome motivational boost is getting a subscription of the interview series, the amount of value and motivation to go out and try that stuff out is priceless.

If you feel that you've reached a plateau in your game or that you are not progressing as fast as you could (or you just want to roll with an instructor and have an awesome night out while eliminating sticking points), a 1 on 1 is a great way to get some new fresh motivation. Email us if you are interested in taking a 1 on 1 with me or any other instructor.

Conclusion
All in all it's important to create those motivational boosts for yourself. See them as the fuel that drives your development forward. Used correctly, it will help you vastly in your growth to attract and seduce beautiful women. Here's a run down of some motivational boosts that can help you taking your game to the next level...

Big Boosts
  • The Mystery Method Bootcamp
  • Personalized 1 on 1
  • Subscription and back-order of the Interview Series

Small boosts
  • Find a wing
  • Join the local lair
  • Set your dating goals and plan how to get to them
  • Be active on the forums
  • Get Magic Bullets and other seduction related material
  • Analyze your sticking points every week

- R