Thread: Colognes?

12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colognes?

Hey,
    I use Drakkar, the girls seem to like it, and it's easy. What colognes have you guys had success or feedback from HB's about?
    Karrelin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oddly enough, Aspen has been the number one compliment getter. It makes no sense, that stuff is dirt cheap and I buy it from a drug store.
    For good stuff, I use DKNY for work and everyday experiences (very subtle woodsy smell) and Armani Black for the night club. I'm still practicing, but the cologne is not nearly as important as your game. If you smell like a bowl full of sex but still walk up and say, "Uh........Boobs.", it's not going to help.
    Smelling good and looking good is definitely a VERY important part of pick up, but it's not nearly as important as your tactics.
    Lush.

I have found that Very Sexy for men is the best. I get it a Victoria's Secret. I always get complements on it.
    Pirate Parrot

California (Usually travelling between the Central Valley & Bay Area)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've gotten many compliments on Very Sexy as well. However, for my normal "everyday" cologne, I use Aramis - Life.
    Silverback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverback
    I've gotten many compliments on Very Sexy as well. However, for my normal "everyday" cologne, I use Aramis - Life.
    Silverback
    Try using the new Armani- CODE- I believe, ANYWAY, ...You can use the old Armani-"GIO"- BUT i was once told by a HB-9.5, that alot of NERDS, well, she said "WEIRDOS" are using it. She also said "If she smelt that cologne on someone, she figure he was a "Lonely" guy trying to pick up woman."...I was thinking.."shit, that is a little bit too harsh"...but i just smiled and replied with..."Hmmm, really".So, to get back with your comment...go with what you want...Armani-CODE...I get compliments using it....won't hurt to try it.

Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I followed recommendation from David D's stuff, He had recommended
    Dolce-and-Gabanna and Mark Jacobs. Me and a group of mates went the purfume section of Myers and were trying the stuff out. I had asked a few gilrs oppinions and the said Mark Jacobs was good. Dolce and gabbana is also good.... Cept the girls don't really like it... but the guys do.... So if you get this one, u might wanna watch your back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ICEBERG gets some nice results.

Dark Side of the Moon Baby
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chanel Allure sport for men
    ive had women say it smells really good
    i got into a car with some guys i knwo and a friend woman that i do not liek
    we dont really talk because we have an understanding
    the first thing she says is mmmm who smells so good?
    i ran out of that so im goign on a sample of keneth cole signature it smells pretty good but no compliments yet

Miami Beach, FL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very Sexy is good... def. remember buying it...
    walking into the store, getting terrorized by every single clerk asking if i need help. "Are you buying a gift for you gf?" ..."no bitch, i am buying a cologne..." lol Picking a cologne, standing in a looong line...being self consious ...some old ladie aproaches me..asks if i want to apply for a store credit card...i say thank you... standing in line...obviously displaying cologne......thinking,.... it was so tempting to checkout blonde picking through bra collection... damnit: "don't want to look like pervert"
    getting checked out...clerk puts my cologne in a pink wrap paper and places it in a large bright pink bag.... ask her if bag has to be pink? she says yes, it's brand recognition....
    ....continue shopping at the malll carrying gay looking bag....gay guys started checking me out.... decided to put bag in the car for a good measure.......fun time!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverback
    Silverback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best results that I have had with women smelling my neck and burring their head deeper was with "Giorgio BeverlyHills Wings" and "Perry Elis 360"

tiny Guest

A aftershave I find gets good amazing results is Essenza Di Zegna!
    I cant even pronounce let alone spell the first name of the designer! Lol

The beautiful Okanagan Valley, BC, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Grandma bought me CK Crave. Does the job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rangler
    My Grandma bought me CK Crave. Does the job.
    i have heard this before too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have many cologens... I use to work at Abercrombie and Fitch so I stole me a big bottle of that and I use that ... some chicks like that or I use this other stuff called Issey Miyake it's make in france... lol idk it's 65 bucks but I do have this site some Customer gave me at my work ... you can get like half off the pice of the cologe you want and it's the real shit too ...ill have to post the link here when i find it... it's around here some where.... oh and if you want the link .. just Message me and Ill message you it when i find it later...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've asked many GFs and girls i talk to, and even sales clerks at countless department stores which ones they like best. Then after field testing several for compliments here they are, roughly in order:
    Dulce & Gabana(mad compliments!), Aqua Di Gio, Issey Miyake, Givenchy Pi(women love this), Cool Water (classic), Curve (classic). I've also gotten compliments on this Marc Jacobs smell-alike axe fragrance. I really liked "very sexy" and all the victoria's secrets workers did too but i havn't bought it yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any one tried marc jacobs for men
    ive heard nothign but good things
    i went to see for myself and got a sample casrd (they were out of samples) but it didnt seem that great to me
    to airy for my tatse?
    any one else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year, a friend ran a Psych experiment with isolated pheremones. Most women reported indifference and some were even more turned off when exposed to a male with animal pheremones.

Birmingham, AL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Gonz!
    Incidentally, this is the best article I've found so far on the subject, and its 8 years old...
    http://www.cf.ac.uk/biosi/staff/jaco...ry/pherom.html
    It seems that nobody is certain if the vomeronasal organ (VNO) (which senses pheremones) is even functional in homo sapiens, but there is at least a small indication that androstadienone might affect females.
    So I guess you would have to spray the bottle up her nose then wait for the result...?? Maybe that could be a new subset of techniques, how to get her to snort the andro without catching on

Washington
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aqua de gio is the best cologne

i have not met a girl who didn't like it. get it.

Barnsley, South Yorkshire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mardy
    Yea its pretty good stuff - but also try these:
    Jean Paul Gaultier - Le Male
    JOOP
    Emporio Armani
    Dior - Homme
    Sarge On...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

overplayed though.
    Maybe for good reason...but could remind them of their ex/bad experience. Widen horizons... I use truefitt and Hill, 1805. Have trafalgar, too.
    www.truefittandhill.com
    lots of press on this company. Superb haircuts and great products. Some of their shaving horsehair brush is really expensive....

London/Singapore/San Francisco
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I used to wear armani until it got played out. Old colognes are scents that girls usually have an association with...bad or good. Don't risk it, just wear something new and designer, girls will eat it up no matter what it is usually, they just want something that smells good.
    ~ G.Q.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Romance by Ralph Lauren.

Randers, Denmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I truly recommend Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein... It's just great...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No such thing as a "best cologne". It's a taste thing, just like anything else. You'll always run across somebody who doesn't like a particular fragrance.
    And yes, fragrances are one of my hobbies and passions. I actually ground my reality with it, because it's one of the few things in my life that I really pursue with force (besides music and the venusian arts). I've lost count of how many hundreds of dollars I've spent on it and lost count of how many different ones I actually own... it's somewhere over 40. Acqua Di Gio is NOT one of them... I'm not particularly fond of "popular" fragrances. And Acqua Di Gio is THE BEST SELLING FRAGRANCE since its release 10 years ago. I'll admit, I'm a snob. [snob] And if you like ADG so much, at least do it justice by spelling it correctly. [/snob]
    I personally wear a particular fragrance depending on my mood for the day. I don't care if a girl likes it or not. What matters is that I myself like it and enjoy the feeling it gives me when I wear it. I know a lot of venusian artists who don't feel the same way though.
    But damn, so many guys overspray and it's sickening. A little goes a long way if you know how to apply properly.
    It's funny, because I first got into fragrances because I was just getting into the venusian arts, and like every guy, I wanted to know what scents girls found the most attractive. I learned that if you're the nicest-smelling guy and you don't have game, you're gonna suck anyways. Then I became passionate about fragrances and the game separately. And now there's a thread here, on a gaming forum, about fragrances. The circle is now complete, Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    Last edited by Hysteria; 01-10-2006 at 11:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

White diesel is an excellent cologne.

Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as well as

Ralph Lauren silver...I use this and tell hbs how much my ex-girlfriend paid for it...and yes i bought it.

Lowell, Ma
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marc Jacobs

Marc jacobs is the one of the best I have, the other one is a bottle that is a bottle that is a men's body with stripes across it, cant remenber the name.
    I think is jean paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Izzy is good too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunhill Desire (the red bottle) and Dunhill blue are pretty solid. I don't like the polo green bottle though, way too musty.

Brazil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carolina Herrera 212 and CK One.

Canada, Nova Scotia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Yes Shez
    i love JOOP, almost out though
    i also use Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio(present from ex)
    and other than that body sprays...Axe Kilo pref.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oneoone, I think you mean Issey, as in Issey Mikaye.
    Vapor, no problem. There's a whole art and science to applying fragrance and there is no "one proper way". First I'll describe my method.
    I apply moisturizer to my chest, neck, and wrists. This makes the fragrance last longer on your skin. If you have dry skin, your skin will drink the juice and the scent won't project properly. Moisturizers "saturate" your skin, and the oils help to preserve the scent. Don't ask me why it works... it just does. So as a rule of thumb, just avoid dry skin on the areas you intend to apply your fragrance.
    If your bottle is a spray (atomizer) bottle, note how it sprays. Does it shoot like a water pistol? Does it really create a huge blast of fine mist? Does it go in a concentrated pattern, or does it "shotgun" and spread out over a larger area? How much does it shoot out? The thing is that no two atomizer mechanisms work exactly the same, so I have to calibrate my application for each individual fragrance I have.
    I also have to keep in mind the strength of the fragrance. Some are just made stronger than others. For example, Chanel Pour Monsieur sits very close to the skin and is an intimate fragrance. But something like Azzaro Visit projects very powerfully and lasts a long time. Like alcoholic drinks, they also come in various concentrations. Concentrated parfums are the strongest and most expensive, followed by eau de parfum, eau de toilette, and finally eau de cologne. So go easy on the trigger for the stronger stuff. Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio happens to be pretty potent, and it's easy to go overboard with it, not to mention the fact that everybody and their brother reeks of it in the bars and clubs. When a girl can TASTE it on you when she's kissing your neck, that's generally NOT a good thing. Yuck!!
    In choosing a fragrance, or even multiple fragrances, trust only your own nose. I ignore the sales associates because I usually know what I'm looking for that day, so I'll get them to bring me to the bottles I want. For that reason, I find them to be annoying, but you guys starting out may seek them for advice. Recommendations on an online forum only go so far because fragrances are a taste thing, and some need to grow on you for you to eventually enjoy them. Keep in mind that there are many categories of fragrances but the most popular ones (can be good or bad depending on your perspective) are light/citrus/aquatic/marine scents like Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio and L'Eau D'Issey Miyake.
    When I go out fragrance testing, I generally leave my wrists alone, so that I have some empty skin to test two new fragrances on. I generally avoid test-strips because they don't mimic skin chemistry. Spray one per wrist, smell it, walk around the store, and smell it again. Well-crafted fragrances typically "evolve" throughout the day, although there are some exceptions. I happen to really like Gucci Envy For Men even though it's a very linear and stays smelling exactly the same all day. While you've got two different scents on your wrists, you can do Style's "cologne opener" as you're walking around the mall or store.
    So as you're walking around during the drydown, notice how it smells. Maybe it smelled too sharp when it was first sprayed, but a few minutes or hours later, it turns into something really beautiful and sexy. Also notice how it reacts on your skin. Everybody has an individual skin chemistry that affects fragrances. Skin can be oily, dry, acidic, sweaty, warmer or cooler, or whatever. Your skin may totally destroy a scent that people generally like on themselves.
    Here are some miscellaneous application tips. I don't endorse all of these practices, but try them all and see which work best for you.
    1.) Apply moisturizer before the fragrance as mentioned above to make the scent last longer.
    2.) If you usually spray two shots in a row to the chest, try spraying the first shot, letting it dry down a little bit, and then spraying your second shot a few minutes later. It makes it last longer.
    3.) Scents travel UP. Men generally are taller than women, so spray lower. Lately, I've been steering away from spraying my neck. I now prefer to spray my chest and stomach. I'm 5'10" tall. Some guys spray the backs of their knees. It's true.
    4.) Another reason I've been avoiding spraying my neck is because my neck is an exposed area of skin, and the scent evaporates away faster, especially if you're warm. Layers of clothing "block" it from evaporating, so I spray my chest and stomach. It works like a "slow release" tablet.
    5.) Spraying wrists is okay. When you're doing kino escalation and stroking a girl's hair, she will get a small whiff of your scent.
    6.) When spraying wrists, DON'T rub your wrists together. For some reason, it seems to kill the fragrance when you do this. Lightly dab the wrists if you have to. If you can't tell the difference, then it doesn't matter, so do what you want.
    7.) Lately for me, most eau de toilette concentration fragrances receive one spray to the chest, one spray to the stomach, and one spray per wrist. If it's a weaker scent, I may double up the chest shot or I shoot one to my neck. No more than four or five sprays or else it gets sickening. My eau de parfum strength fragrances receive two body shots maximum. Don't overspray... don't be the tryhard alpha-wannabe!
    8.) Spraying to the back of your neck or ears allows you to leave a "scent trail" behind you when you walk. Don't be surprised if women follow and sniff your sillage trail!
    9.) If you have chest hair, it helps to trap fragrance kind of the same way clothes do, but there's the question of whether chest hair is sexy or not, etc. There's also a practice of spraying your head-hair, but I don't do this.
    10.) Seek out something distinct that not everybody wears (sorry to all GA Acqua Di Gio, Davidoff Cool Water, Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir, and Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme wearers). I personally don't want to remind girls of the way their ex-boyfriends smelled, or other weird connotations. I prefer being distinct and unique. Scent is a VERY animalistic and primal sense. If you're gonna use scents to peacock (like I've been known to do), choose something eccentric or unique that she's most likely never smelled before. Don't use overspraying for peacocking because EVERYBODY in the club reeks of cologne.
    11.) For you guys who only own one fragrance and you like it, it might be worthwhile seeking out the accessory products from the same fragrance. Showering with the same-scented shower gel gives your skin the subtle scent. You will smell good and subtle all over. You then have the option of applying a spritz of the spray if you want. I own over 40 fragrances so I don't buy the giftsets that contain accessories because it would just be TOO expensive for me, and besides, I don't use aftershaves. I've always found them kind of useless ever since I received my first giftset at the age of 14.
    Alright, that about wraps it up. I put a lot of thought and time into this one post so I hope that it really helps you guys out, considering it's one of my passions and I really enjoy it. I'm not trying to turn you guys into fragrance addicts (it's an expensive hobby, trust me) but do educate yourselves before assimilating yourselves into the crowd that thinks Acqua Di Gio or Axe bodyspray or whatever is the "BEST COLOGNE". There are many other great scents out there. But if you wanna keep a closed mind, you are REALLY helping ME to stand out and I thank you for sticking to your mediocre scents.
    A little thing about Axe bodysprays... apparently they are reverse-engineered from the most popular designer fragrances but are cheaper and shorter-lasting versions of them. For example, I'm told that Axe Tsunami is a carbon copy of Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio. I wouldn't know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone tried Hanae Mori? I think it was mentioned on one of David D's programs, but I've never even heard of it before that so it must at least be somewhat eccentric.
    Any comments on this one, Hysteria? Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe David DeAngelo mentioned Hanae Mori H.M. during his "Meeting Women In Bars & Clubs" program when talking to his friend Marie on stage.
    I haven't tried H.M. before, but I've been recommended it and I'm currently looking for it. It would seem eccentric, considering it belongs in a subdivision of oriental fragrances called "gourmands" (fragrances with "edible" notes like chocolate, coffee, etc.). I have many orientals but only one true gourmand that I've worn to bars with great success, and that one was Thierry Mugler A*Men (Angel Men). It took me a VERY long time to like this one though, and it is VERY VERY strong and it's a totally weird smell, nothing like how a "typical man" should smell. Depending on your nose and your taste, you might think it smells like tar, chocolate, "new car smell", Pine-Sol cleaner, fish, or an ice cream sundae. I do my own "cologne opener" (did it long before I heard of Style's version) where I approach the obstacles and ask them if they can guess what fragrance I'm wearing (and give my false time constraint). I'll usually neg the target for trying to sniff me too aggressively and let the other girls smell and guess. The thing is that they NEVER guess what it is because it's so friggin' WEIRD, and by then, I've stacked to my next routine, usually a fragrance-related DHV story about how I became interested in fragrances and how people think I'm gay, but I believe it makes me even more comfortable with my own sexuality, etc.
    I just gave you guys a big friggin' piece of my game right there based on MY identity and MY reality, as well as a heavy hitting fragrance I use especially during sarging, so enjoy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to put anyone’s post down; but the bottom line is what may work for someone may not work for someone else. I can also prove, what you may like, women may not (I made my own cologne it smelled good but no women liked it, yes I know I'm a dumbass/nerd). Just as no two men have the same style nor do two women; however, there is one control. Women in a similar social climate will have similar results to different things. So if you enjoy sargeing at bars and clubs mostly what works there, will probably work at most bars and clubs, but it won't work at maybe a mall or a store. Just something to keep in your mind as you make your selection.
    -- T-Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i used to wear aqua, honestly man it smells cheap and old man ish, id so much rather dior higher, or my new cologne chanel allure sport, find an original cologne dont use curve or aqua di gio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man
    the bottom line is what may work for someone may not work for someone else.
    Excellent, sir. And congratulations on trying to make your own scent. I don't buy pure essential oils to make my own, but I do layer/blend a few of mine together on occasion. But considering I have over 40 scents, it's going to be a while before I stumble across a combination that I REALLY like when sprayed together.
    It kinda bums me out that I get virtually NO "unprovoked" compliments on my fragrances, and yet they are an important part of my identity. I just remind myself that I really DO love fragrances for its own sake and then I'm okay. But seriously, all the time, I hear about guys who mention random girls come up to them and give them compliments. (These are probably the guys who spray on the Drakkar Noir until they're nearly flammable.) It's only ever happened to me ONCE, and that was when I was an idiot and tested ten fragrances simultaneously on various parts of my arms and then went to class. The girl who sat next to me thought I smelled nice, but I accredited that to the sheer amount I sprayed while I was out testing that day. Granted, I get compliments from my mom, considering she's into perfumes but not as much as I'm into colognes, so she doesn't really count. Sorry mom!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Method-
    i used to wear aqua, honestly man it smells cheap and old man ish, id so much rather dior higher, or my new cologne chanel allure sport, find an original cologne dont use curve or aqua di gio
    You find Acqua Di Gio old mannish? It's aimed at young guys, although I do know about 50+ year olds who wear it gracefully.
    Chanel Allure Sport is nice, but a little subtle on me. Same goes for the original Chanel Allure Homme. I LOVE the Chanel fragrance house but these two are kind of weak on my skin. For the chokehold expensive price and limited distribution that Chanel does, it NEEDS to at least last more than two hours. Chanel Pour Monsieur, the classic gentleman's scent from 1955, is lovely but doesn't last very long on me.
    Funny you mention Liz Claiborne Curve... it apprently smells a LOT like Davidoff Cool Water, which nearly rivals Acqua Di Gio in popularity. I've never smelled Curve, but Calvin Klein Eternity For Men smells very similar to Cool Water to my nose.
    Alright, I've ranted enough. Hopefully I've given you guys a couple of open-minded ideas. I find my search for the ultimate fragrance a lot like trying to hunt and game an SHB11... it's out there, but you gotta keep your game up (sniffing everything) so that you'll be ready when the SHB11 (holy grail scent) comes along for the having.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, when I made my scent, I had screwed up my nose so bad for that I couldn't smell one good fragrance. So it wasn't as good as I had thought, however, I will make the GOAT one day.
    On these sorts of lines, I have mixed Shampoo, and done a really good job. I have also made my own shampoo from stuff I found in peoples yards in New Jersey. Literally take the juice from fruits, and grind up flowers and stuff, and it honestly came out really well. Except I smelled like a rainforest when I was done (but it's still in the perfection phases). Also I'd like to put the cologne in perspective. Cologne is your scent to distinguish you from all the other men out there. When she gets close, she'll smell everything else on you, so make sure that you have more scent to you than just your cologne. Because as that commercial says, smell is the strongest sense tied to memory. So make sure you have a variety of odors, to make her stay, and to make her remember you!
    Also I will tell everyone when I perfect my own line of products.
    -- T-Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What will you call your new fragrance? If I made a fragrance, I'd probably call it:
    -Seduction
    -Hysteria (obviously )
    -M3 (Okay, there's already an Yves Saint Laurent M7, which I do like)
    -Kino
    -Rapport
    -Escalation
    -Momentum
    Okay, I'm seriously off-topic now...
    Last edited by Hysteria; 01-10-2006 at 08:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

altitude - swiss army
    my ocean - club med
    prefered stock mix this with the other kind of swiss army (aue di toilette) or use them separate
    dolce and gabana
    some times u can find a type of axe or tag that mixes well with them and the faramones do work
    the best part of these colognes is u can pack them on without them being too strong which is good if youre gonna be out all night but take it easy on the axe and only use it on your body
    i always have girls humping my leg over the way i smell
    Last edited by Nailz; 01-10-2006 at 11:18 PM.

England, Bristol
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's true, sometimes scents down mix with your own body odor...(No, not BO)
    But these work for me,
    I had a chick last week following, hugging and loving me when i was wearing JPGaultier - Le Male. I love the stuff.
    I love the Emporio Armani as well, so do chicks...
    I wear alot of Boss, but it hasn't had the same sort of reactions, but still gets complimeted.
    CK i like, but i've heard a few girls comment it as common, (but if it smells good, who cares...Women?)
    Please please please, do not wear JOOP!
    In UK it is so common and is associated with CHAV's i.e (No Taste) It really is nasty stuff man.
    I always spray to my chest, (which is 9 times out of ten exposed.)
    My wrists.
    One on Big Ben. (Thanks again Alfie)
    And once on the back of my neck.
    As long as you don't wreak of sweat you'll be fine guys.
    Hope it helps,
    Unique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clinique Happy
    Issey Miakie
    are quite common fragrances but both give off a vibrant fruity smell that seems to go down well with the ladies.
    Touch by Grigo Perla is a rare fragrance and one that is worth a look if you want something different.
    The problem I find with fragrances is that they can often be hard to smell in smoke filled pubs.

Lowell, Ma
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive got the Hanna moore

I heard about it on the bars and clubs I think and i bought , I dont think its that good,.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear nothing but Hugo Boss - Dark Blue.
    -Every woman I know has complimented me on it.
    -Almost changed to a new scent when I ran out and told my ex-girlfriend... she ran out and bought me a new bottle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I use Hugo Boss Eau de Toilette.
    Alternatively I opt for Emporio Armani or Xeryus Rouge.
    Last edited by Omega_Male; 01-12-2006 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My two favourites would have to be Aramis and Ralph Lauren Polo Blue..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colonges mix with your unique natural scent so every cologne will smell different on different people.
    Dark hair and skin, a more musky or spicy cologne.
    Light hair and skin, a more fruity cologne.
    The only way to find out is to try them out...Hmm...sounds like a great opportunity for the cologne opener...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodzilla
    Dark hair and skin, a more musky or spicy cologne.
    Light hair and skin, a more fruity cologne.
    Ummm...Im gonna have to dis agree
    Im dark haired and dark skined and i wear sweet colognes.
    Musky cologns belong in the dark ages, like the 80's or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the man upto, Jean Paul Gautier "le man", its what i flex, but its all down to personal opinion, many good scents out there. Its always good to have a few smells and change from time.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There has been a lot of good info posted thus far
    I'm only going to bother with 'what I do' not 'how to do' - since I feel that has already been covered.
    My favorite is to mix Dolce & Gabanna with Versace Black Jeans
    It’s a totally unique scent that - not only do I love - but it's so different (in a good way when mixed PROPERLY)
    It's always good to have Aqua around - basically every woman loves it. I do NOT recommend using it as a first impression however. It isn't unique enough. (Same with cool-water). I find it much better to slip it in at some point.
    I often time, when I do this, we'll be in my car and I hear '... are you wearing _____. [blushing] I love that scent!' - you've now connected with her on something. You're showing common interest. She feels good because she identified it, and you go up in her book for wearing it. Even better - there's no down-side. You can't loose because they all smell (fairly) good.
    I'm a big fan of Axe too.
    When using Axe - wash your body 3 times. You'll blend the scent better and, more importantly; it takes 3 passes to remove your natural oils. - doing this will help with any other cologne/scent you add.

Sweden
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scents..

I´ve read an article a few years ago, about what scents women liked the most... the two winners was cucumber and chocolate!
    do you guys know of any cologne that smells like chocolate? I dont but I think acqua di gió smells a bit like cucumber...

Pittsburgh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Very Sexy" for men, sold at Victoria Secret is pretty good. I wear it a lot, and always get compliments by women.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gameboy, I've been wanting to try Versace Black Jeans ever since I got into fragrances. Sadly, it's discontinued. Fortunately, I'm receiving a sample soon.
    You want a chocolate scent? I already recommended one that I've use at clubs on a regular basis. Thierry Mugler A*Men (Angel Men). When I wear this one, my opener revolves around making women guess what's on me. Check out a previous post that I made in this topic for details.
    A cucumber scent? The only one I can think of at the moment is Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise. I don't really like it, but you might. Try it.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Black Jeans a lot. I usually use it as a mix with a more musky scent ( Like DnG) It blends really well if you do it right - and if you mess up, it's not bad.
    I actually bought a back-up stash of the stuff.
    One cologne i want to try is Nobil by Gucci. I found a place that carried it, but never pulled the trigger.
    Anyone have some? Thoughts?
    -GameBoy
    All your women are belong to me.

I hear their periods attract bears... bears can smell the menstration. - Brick Tamlin
    Check out GameBoy's Game Theory: Archive and Journal - updated 12/24/06: Songs I love to dance to.
    And check out GameBoy's new Blog: Devoted to all aspects of personal Style. (Including fashion)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also have a decant of Gucci Nobile. It's a very green scent, reminiscent of a freshly mowed lawn. That one is discontinued also, but I don't think I'll be buying a bottle when my decant runs out. It's a little fleeting on me. If you're having trouble finding Gucci Nobile, something in the same vein would be Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir, another loud 80s scent.
    I'm a fan of some of the other Gucci scents, namely Gucci Envy For Men and Gucci Pour Homme. Just last night, I purchased a bottle of Envy off Ebay since my Envy decant is running out. I don't know if I'm justfied in my purchase, considering I own Burberry Brit For Men which smells very similar on the drydown, but remember, I'm an addict, and too many fragrances is never enough.
    Although I love the Chanel design house, Chanel Allure Homme (and the Sport version too) is rather weak on me. I know a few people who report it as being very strong with a lot of projection, but remember that skin chemistry varies between people. Allure may work for me as a romantic/intimate scent since it sits close to my skin so I don't choke the girl I'm with. It all depends.
    Remember, get out there and try those scents!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_Male
    Alternatively I opt for Emporio Armani or Xeryus Rouge.
    I used to love Givenchy Xeryus Rouge. It's touted as a great clubber's scent. I bought a bottle of it, along with a bottle of Caron L'Anarchiste, from a guy on a fragrance forum that I visit frequently. Unfortunately, the bottle of XR arrived shattered, and the juice was soaked through the box. My whole house smelled like XR and I got sick of it. Fortunately, I got a refund for the broken bottle, but there's my Xeryus Rouge story. It's such a shame, because I really, REALLY wanted that fragrance to be part of my large wardrobe.
    You know you have an obsession (no pun intended, Ralph Lauren!) with fragrances when you can't friggin' decide which one to choose before going out. It's sometimes a whole month or more before I get around to wearing the same fragrance again because I have to try and cycle through everything that I have to keep the rotation going. And I will be a VERY happy man if I ever find a girlfriend who would LOVE to buy me new bottles for every special occasion... I'd melt! Fragrances are to me like what diamonds are to a woman. Don't tell my girls that, or else I'm gonna be easy prey... LOL!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marc Jacobs for Men.

I got this collone after I heard good reviews from it. And deadset its the best collone out there, I has getting really good feedback from it, its a bit pricey, but soooo worth the money, trust me you will stand out in the crowd with this One, its unique and not something you will smell very day, its also a nice smelling collone, not over the top just right

London/Singapore/San Francisco
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Varvatos is really nice too.
    ~ G.Q.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i'm in Australia, so its rare here, so it also plays into my favour For me its was $100 (AUS), but seriously go to a collone or perfume shop and ask for advice from the clerk, also another good way to talk and approch women. For instance since I ask for this One, the hot clerk girl didn't know of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mardy
    me neither. Personally I use aqua de gio and swiss army

N.Y.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use two colognes, aqua de gio, and Chrome, by azzaro.... I have also haedr good things about dolce and gabana's... i havent sampled that one yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright guys, today I gave Acqua Di Gio a good test. I'll be honest... it does smell pretty good. I can understand why guys (and the ladies) might like it. And it has decent longevity. Usually, aquatic scents are somewhat shortlived.
    However, I wouldn't justify owning it unless someone dear to me gave it to me, otherwise I'd trade it off for something else. It's too linear and not challenging enough. It smells common. The scent is completely inoffensive (which most people will like) but therefore it's not daring enough for my tastes. I like fragrances with a bit of an edge. I do consider myself to peacock with unique fragrances although I don't bathe in them to attract attention from afar like "proper" peacocking is supposed to do. So you might not consider it peacocking, but rather, something that distinguishes me from other people. And me wearing Acqua Di Gio isn't my way to do it. Sorry guys.
    But it is nice, and I can understand why it's been the number one selling male fragrance since it's release in 1996. It's reigned supreme for ten years. A lot of fragrance snobs can't wait for this aquatic trend to go the way of the boyband and mullet... being cookie-cutter isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when the market is oversaturated with stuff like this, especially when you want to be a unique PUA for a woman, there are a lot of other scents out there that deserve your money. Believe me when I say that the market for male fragrances is larger than that for females.
    Alright, I'm out for now. I always seem to come across so condescending in these fragrance posts... maybe it's the snob in me. If anyone is offended, I apologize, and hope you enjoy your Acqua Di Gio.
    Oh, and I finally received my sample of Versace Black Jeans (discontinued). I probably had exceedingly high expectations of this one, and it didn't make a huge first impression on me. I'm gonna test it again this weekend...

Glasgow, uk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have Dolce & Gabbana for men, Paul Smith green and Marc Jacobs for men. I'm going to get Issey Miyake(Blue) Women tell me it's like sex in a bottle!
    Your friend, mr_brightside

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issey Miyake Pour Homme

Lesser known by men, but widely recognized brand by women (pronounced EE-say me-YAW-kee). More of a sweeter smelling cologne. A good changeup from Eternity, Cool Water, ADG, Polo Sport, yada yada yada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually have a miniature of L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme. I was surprised... it smells different from a lot of the other aquatics I tend to avoid.

peterborough,uk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew guys that use to wear womens perfume and pass it off as a made up one by armani or gucci etc.This actually worked well.They always believed them and because its what women find attractive anyway they never ever doubted them.But beware it must not be overly floral and as scents smell different on everybody.When the ladies scent mixes with the natural scent of a man it gives it a masculine odour.
    Its best to try this out first with the cologne opener and make sure its not too strong.Good luck.Would be interested to see if anyone tries this and how effective it is.

Deviate Guest

I use issay miakye to it has the best success with the ladies.
    I also have polo blue ralph lauren
    and a cheaper one man in blue which also smells nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, you bring up a good point. The Venusian Arts Handbook briefly mentions wearing women's perfumes. I do have one female fragrance (L'Artisan) and lots of unisex ones (Creeds) that I've worn in rotation, but never when out gaming at a nightclub. I'll have to try it on Saturday... hmm...

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cologne

Below is a comprehensive list of colognes that have been mentioned on this site. When applicable forum members have been quoted and credited with their input.
    The Cologne Guide is on version 1.6!! UPDATED 9/30/06
    Download the new PDF now.
    RIGH HERE! - WOO HOO!(Version 1.7 update in progress...)
    New to this update: I am working on asthetic changes to help discern positive feedback from negative feedback and to up the readability.
    New for V.1.3: M7, Verry Irresistable & Cool Water have been added. New comments have been added where available. New and clearer images have been added/updated. And a new post on the 'Innergame of Cologne' has been moved to the fore-front.
    New for V.1.4: Keneth Cole Black and Gucci Envy were added as-well-as more info on existing scents. Also Frangrances.net has been added with a discount code for 10% off.
    - GameBoy
    Praise for The Cologne Guide:
    Brass - "Thank you Gameboy...And Hysteria: Yesterday, this girl complemented me on my cologne (I was wearing my new Gavenchy) And then went on to say, "That not many guys no how to wear cologne properly".... YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!"
    Lafora - "I think most guys dont' invest enough time to sample fragrances before they purchase the one or two that they wear all the time...It's just another piece of accessories or expression of oneself. Some people like to put crazy looking shirts on, some people spritz non-generic fragrances. Colognes aren't just a random pair of socks you put on :P thnk of it as more like a tie or cufflinks."
    Online Cologne resources:
    http://www.fragrancenet.com/ *Save 10% with discount code FRAGSVE until the end of the year!
    http://www.perfumecountry.com/
    http://www.strawberrynet.com/
    http://www.perfumeemporium.com/
    http://www.99perfume.com/
    http://www.usaperfumes.com/
    http://www.scentiments.com/scentiments/welcome.asp
    http://www.fragrancex.com/
    http://www.kingersons.com/
    http://www.perfume-bay.com/index.html
    For Body Wash/Etc:
    http://www.drugstore.com/
    *Note: Prices on all brands/fragrances will vary depending on the website you visit.
    Eg: I recently saved $20 more on a 4.2 oz. bottle of Marc Jacobs by comparing each site against the other. If you hunt for a bargain – you will find one.
    How to Apply:
    Aside from reacting to your bodies own chemicals (pheromones and oils), cologne react to heat. Body-heat specifically. When applying; you want to target the areas of your body that product the most heat and are exposed to air. You want to trigger and release the scent in the most effective ways.
    So, where are these magical locations?
    -Wrists
    -Neck
    -Behind the ears
    -Chest (if exposed)
    In that order. You can also spray the back of your knees and ‘Big-Ben’ (as one forum member referred to it) if you like, but the effect will be largely lost.
    *Note: Do not spray cologne behind your ears – it will come off way too strong.
    Instead; spray your wrists/the palm of one hand at close range – then swipe your finger in it and apply behind ears.
    Tips:
    -Do not apply cologne to wet skin. The cologne will dissipate incredibly fast and you will be left with a minor residue on your skin. (A residue that doesn’t smell that good at close range.)
    -Do not rub your wrists together after you spray them. The friction and heat will increase the cologne’s breakdown in a bad way.
    -If you are layering scents (applying more than one cologne to create a custom or richer scent) wait several seconds from the time you apply the first cologne to apply the second.. This will allow the first scent to ‘settle’ and bond with your skin before introducing the second.
    -Rotate you cologne. Be that adventurous guy who’s got it all-together. You’re stylish, classy and refined. You have different colognes to match the occasion/outfit/mood. Have a variety and wear them to match. Women (and everyone else) will take note. It’s one of those incredibly sexy/confident/thoughtful details that stands out for being subtle.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GameBoy; 09-30-2006 at 11:10 PM.
    -GameBoy

I hear their periods attract bears... bears can smell the menstration. - Brick Tamlin
    Check out GameBoy's Game Theory: Archive and Journal - updated 12/24/06: Songs I love to dance to.
    And check out GameBoy's new Blog: Devoted to all aspects of personal Style. (Including fashion)

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cologne Guide pt. 2

Popular Colognes:
    Acqua Di Gio
    Georgio Armani

*See also: Very irresistable by Givenchi
    Has a strong citrus tone combined with a hint of rosemary and offers a spicy aquatic freshness. Men prefer its summer feel and women like the fresh scent. It is recommended for casual wear and summer days.
    Price:
    1.7 oz. - $37.99
    3.4 oz. - $55.99
    What others (fellow MM forum members) have said:
    Thumbs up
    Mardy – “aqua de gio is the best cologne I have not met a girl who didn’t like it. Get it.”
    The_Shezzler – “…it’s pretty good stuff”
    Slide - "I wear Aqua....but it depends on the occasion and audience...21 to 25....I'll always wear Aqua"
    Weatherman - "I use aqua de gio personally. My friends refer to it as my "crack for women" becuase when I go to a party, I will be off in a room somewhere just hanging out, and girls will follow the scent into the room to find out who is wearing it"
    Thumbs Down
    EEZerik – “overplayed though. Maybe for good reason…but could remind them of their ex/bad experience. Widen horizons…”
    Method – “I used to wear aqua, honestly man it smells cheap and old man ish… find an original cologne don’t use aqua di gio”
    GameBoy“It’s always good to have ‘Acqua’ around – basically every woman loves it. I do NOT recommend using it as a first impression however. It isn’t unique enough. .”
    Hysteria “ … today I gave Acqua Di Gio a good test. I'll be honest... it does smell pretty good. I can understand why guys (and the ladies) might like it. And it has decent longevity.... It's too linear and not challenging enough. It smells common. The scent is completely inoffensive (which most people will like) but therefore it's not daring enough for my tastes. I like fragrances with a bit of an edge. I do consider myself to peacock with unique fragrances although … wearing Acqua Di Gio isn't my way to do it. Sorry guys.”
    Token - "I'll agree with alot of the posters about aqua.. it smells nice sure, I like it, but EVERY single one of my friends has it"
    Lafora - "I bust the sales assoc' at Sephora's and Sears all the time when they push Aqua di Gio at me. There are literally 80 colognes in the store and they sell me THE most generic one? Come on. That's one bottle I'll NEVER put in my wardrobe just cuz everyone and their grandpa has it "
    Marc Jacobs
    Marc Jacobs

Contains Italian bergamot, cypress, spices, fig leaves, Indonesian patchouli, and deep musk. I’d recommend it for casual or office wear (Unless you wear a suit to work.)
    Price:
    2.5 oz. - $24.89
    4.2 oz. - $46.99
    What others have said:
    Thumbs up
    **Styles** - “I got this collone after I heard good reviews from it. And deadset its the best collone out there, I has getting really good feedback from it, its a bit pricey, but soooo worth the money, trust me you will stand out in the crowd with this One, its unique and not something you will smell very day, its also a nice smelling collone, not over the top just right ”
    Adonis – I followed recommendation from David D's stuff, He had recommended Mark Jacobs. Me and a group of mates went the perfume section of Myers and were trying the stuff out. I had asked a few gilrs opinions and the said Mark Jacobs was good.”
    Rick – “Marc Jacobs is the one of the best I have”
    GameBoy “I've been describing this cologne to people as 'powdery', and on that note - there is really nothign else to fill this void like Marc Jacobs. It has a very pleasant, airy, clean sense about it. I imagine that this will come in handy when chilling on the couch or other close-quarters casual settings. It’s not try-hard at all. It just seems ‘right’.”
    Thumbs Down
    Ain't nothin' wrong with Marc Jacobs
    Very Sexy
    Victorias Secret

A spicy citrus blend, has top notes of tangerine, pink lime and bergamot leaves
    Price:
    3.3 oz. - $44.99
    *Only size found on 3 sites.
    What others have said:
    Thumbs up
    TrueStory – “Very Sexy is good… def. remember buying it…”
    silverback – “I’ve gotten many compliments on Very Sexy as well.”
    PrivateParrot – “I have found that Very Sexy for men is the best. I get it at Victoria’s Secret. I always get compliments on it.”
    Eggman17 – “ ‘Very Sexy’ for men, sold at Victoria Secret is pretty good. I wear it a lot, and always get compliments by women.”
    Entice - "Very sexy works wonders. I didnt even realize until I started getting so many compliments."
    Thumbs Down
    Ain't nothing wrong with Very Sexy
    Armani
    Georgio Armani

A luxurious, fruity fragrance. Explores essences of lemon, mandarin and basil, blended with notes of cedar, musk and sandalwood. Recommended for romantic settings.
    Price:
    1.7 oz. - $39.50
    3.2 oz. - $62.50
    What others have said:
    Thumbs up
    GameBoy“While not in heavy rotation I think most men would benefit from adding this scent to their arsenal. Many women swoon for a rich, musky, complex scent and Armani hits that mark dead-on. This the scent I lent my wing for his first romantic evening with his ‘desperate housewife’. The woodsy tones blend well into the background and help to spice up this otherwise musky scent.”
    Thumbs Down
    Ain't nothin' wrong with Armani.
    Last edited by GameBoy; 03-20-2006 at 04:45 PM.
    -GameBoy

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cologne Guide pt. 3

Dolce & Gabbana
    Dolce & Gabbana

A refined, masculine balance of sophisticated scents.
    Base Scent: Cedar, Tonka bean, Sandalwood, Musk.
    Primary scents: Lemon, Clary Sage, Lavender, Tarragon.
    Secondary: Coriander, Pepper, Geranium, Cinnamon.
    Suitable for casual wear but recommended for evenings.
    Price:
    2.5 oz. - $37.99
    4.2 oz. - $46.99
    What others have said:
    Thumbs up
    GameBoy“I expected a richer scent with this one. What I found was a bland (but nice) musk scent. In fact, because it is so smooth, I find it layers well with other colognes."
    Neutral (Good and bad points from the same person)
    Adonis – I followed recommendation from David D’s stuff, He had recommended Dolce-and-Gabanna, me and a group of mates went the perfume section of Myers and were trying the stuff out. Dolce and gabbana is good… cept the girls don’t really like it… but the guys do… So if you get this one, u might wanna watch your back.?
    Brass - "A more refined smell for special occasions. Not really a Scent I use when going to the bar. I also notice the gay guy (or sexualy different) at my bar likes it when i wear it..."
    Black Jeans *Discontinued
    Versace

A Sharp, Spicy, Lavender, Amber Fragrance. This Masculine Scent Possesses A Blend Of Natural Citrus, Rosemary, Geranium, Musk And Vetiver.
    Price:
    2.5 oz. - $36.99
    *Only size found on 3 sites.
    What others have said:
    Thumbs up
    GameBoy “I like Black Jeans. I usually layer it with a more musky scent ( Like DnG) What really ‘makes’ this scent is the light woodsy tones. At first, I admit to not liking it. However, after the cologne had a few moments to breath, it really opens up and gains a level of depth that you look for in a fine cologne."
    Thumbs Down
    Hysteria“I finally received my sample of Versace Black Jeans (discontinued). I probably had exceedingly high expectations of this one, and it didn't make a huge first impression on me. I'm gonna test it again this weekend...?
    Life
    Aramis

Contains Orange, Lime, Bergamot, Tangerine, Violet, Pepper, Cardamom, Mint, Leather, Patchouli, Oak Moss, Vetiver, Musk
    Price:
    3.3 oz. - $49.89
    *Only size found on 2 sites.
    What others have said:
    Thumbs up
    silverback – “my normal ‘everyday’ cologne?
    Thumbs Down
    Ain't nothin' wrong with Aramis Life.
    Dark Blue
    Hugo Boss

*See also: Keneth Cole Black
    A refreshing, woody, mossy fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of citrus oranges, oakmoss, snadelawood and patchouli
    Price:
    2.5 oz. - $36.99
    4.2 oz. - $39.99
    What others have said:
    Thumbs up
    Orleans – “I wear nothing but Hugo Bos – Dark Blue. Every woman I know has complimented me on it. Almost changed to a new scent when I ran out and told my ex-girlfriend… she ran out and bought me a new bottle.?
    Thumbs Down
    GameBoy - "I had to go to Boss just to try this and my impression wasn't that good... I was expecting more. It turns out to smell a lot like KenethCole Black. They're both rather thin scents that try and do a lot but don't quite reach the depth that they shoot for."
    Last edited by GameBoy; 03-20-2006 at 04:44 PM.
    -GameBoy

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cologne Guide pt. 4

Romance Silver
    Ralph Lauren

A chic, oriental woody fragrance. Contains exotic herbs & spices. Perfect for casual wear.
    Price:
    1.7 oz. - $44.00
    3.4 oz. - $65.00
    What others have said:
    Thumbs up
    Dashing – “…I use this and tell hbs how much my ex-girlfriend paid for it…and yes I bought it. ”
    Thumbs Down
    Ain't nothin' wrong with Silver.
    Bvlgari
    Bvlgari

Classified As A Refreshing, Oriental, Woody Fragrance. This Masculine Scent Possesses A Blend Of Rosewood, Pepper, Musk, And Tea. Accompanied By Watery And Spicy Notes. It Is Recommended For Daytime Wear.
    Price:
    1.7 oz. - $50
    3.4 oz. - $77.50
    What others have said:
    Thumbs up
    GameBoy – “This is a very light scent. I’d recommend it for active daytime use. It has a very ‘clean’, refreshing quality about it. The best part? It’s a very unique and rare fragrance. I don’t know anyone else who wears it – that lets you stand-out [in a good way]
    Thumbs Down
    Ain't nothin' wrong with Bvlgari.
    Sex Panther
    Odeon

It’s illegal in 9 countries and it’s made with bits of real panther – so you know it’s good.
    Price:
    N/A
    What others have said:
    Neutral
    Ron Burgendy – “It’s quite pungent… it’s a formidable scent: It stings the nostrils, but in a good way… I’m gonna be honest with you: That smells like pure gasoline.”
    Nobile *Discontinued
    Gucci

This green citrus is a classic blend of citrus, lavender, vetiver, and musk.
    Price:
    1 oz. - $49.99
    2 oz. - $75.00
    What others have said:
    Thumbs up
    Hysteria“I have a decant of Gucci Nobile. It's a very green scent, reminiscent of a freshly mowed lawn.”
    GameBoy - "I found a local store that still carries this (in the bay area) and picked up a bottle. It is a very green scent but has some musky undertones giving it a very '80s' feel. Most of my friends like it a LOT."
    Thumbs Down
    Ain't nothin' wrong wtih Nobile.
    Last edited by GameBoy; 03-20-2006 at 07:53 PM.
    -GameBoy

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part 5

Armani Black Code
    Georgio Armani

A fresh, spicy composition which opens on notes of lemon and bergamot, leading to a heart of olive flower. The base features Tonka bean and guaiacum wood.
    Price
    1.7 oz. - $44.50
    2.5 oz. - $59.00
    What others have said:
    Thumbs Up
    Angel - "Armani Black Code is real good stuff... girls eat it up, plus its not overbearing"
    Token -"Armani Black Code is what I wear most of the time and chicks do like it alot from what I've seen."
    Thumbs Down
    Ain't nothin' wrong with Code
    Tommy "T"
    Tommy Hilfigger

A masculine scent consisting of woody notes exquisitely desgined to meet the needs of a working man. This fragrance is recommended for daytime wears.
    Price:
    1.7 oz. - $35
    3.3 oz. - $55
    What others have said:
    Neutral
    GameBoy - "This has to be the 'cleanest' scent I have ever smelled. Just having it on makes me want to go outside and wash my car or play football in the park. You want to be active when you have it on."
    M7
    Yves Saint Laurent

A luxurious, classic masculine fragrance infused with of bergamot, mandarin & woody note. Perfect for daytime or evening wear.
    Price
    1.7 oz. - $37.00
    3.3 oz. - $49.50
    What others have said:
    Thumbs Up
    GameBoy - "The spicy/woodsey tones work better at night and it manages to grab a good share of attention without being too over-blown."
    Phoenix1 - "Have been using Yves Saint Laurent M7 for ages now because it is just an amazing smell and girls seem 2 adore it! Highly recommend it!"
    Hysteria - "YSL M7 is indeed a masterpiece and a frickin' amazing design house... unfortunately, distribution is rather limited in North America, which is okay by me considering I won't smell my YSL favourites on everybody and their brother."
    Thumbs Up
    Ain't nothin' wrong with M7.
    Very Irresistible
    Givenchy

A dynamic fragrance with depth. Delivers fresh, edgy, bright & long lasting scent: Fresh, green top notes of natural mint leaf & grapefruit zest; Sensual, warm core notes of sesame seed & mocha; woody, highly masculine base notes of hazel wood & virginia cedar. Perfect for all occasions
    Price
    1.7 oz. - $41.00
    3.4 oz. - $55.00
    What others have said:
    Thumbs Up
    GameBoy - "Very Irresistable says that you're a guy who knows how to stand out just enough. I've been caling Irresistable 'Acqua version 2.' It's like Acqua, but better."
    Brass- "I just got a bottle of "Givenchy very irresistible" and I must say it is damn nice smelling."
    Thumbs Down
    Ain't nothin' wrong with Very Irresistable
    Last edited by GameBoy; 03-20-2006 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Expanding
    -GameBoy

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expanding

Cool Water
    Davidoff

A clear, fresh & elegant fragrance for man. Top notes are lavender, rosemary and menthe with bergamot; Middle notes are jasmine, chevrefeuille, geranium, sandalwood, iris and oakmoss; Base notes are musk with ambergris clements.
    Price
    1.3 oz. - $21.50
    2.5 oz. - $38.50
    4.2 oz. - $55.00
    What others have said:
    Thumbs Up
    bloodgroove - "It's a staple and it smells fucking great on me... I think it's a must have for any man that smells good in cool scents."
    Neutral
    GameBoy - "It's cool water, what needs to be said? Other than Acqua it's the number one selling cologne. Women love it, guys love it, and you can buy it cheep now. Why don't you own this?"
    Black
    Kenneth Cole

*See also: Hugo Dark Blue
    A clear, fresh & elegant fragrance for man. Exudes with star anis, vetiver, evergreen & amber. Blends with notes of angelica & cumin. Suitable for daywear.
    Price
    1.7 oz. - $43.00
    3.3 oz. - $41.00 *Yes, this size can be found cheaper right now.
    What others have said:
    Thumbs Up
    Jack Handy - "I've been rocking Kenneth Cole Black. I love it. It seems to leave a memorable scent. One girl asked be a few days later what I was wearing nights earlier."
    Dr. Zeus - "I'm a big fan Kenneth Cole Black."
    Thumbs Down
    GameBoy - "This one kinda let me down; The quality of the ingredients don't seem to be very high and because of this it isn't a very complex scent. (After smelling Hugo Dark Blue - they seem very similar) This cologne was launched as having a very distinctive 'leather' quality, but I just dont get that from it. It's a little woodsey, a little spicey and has good staying power however. In other words; it's a good scent, but not what was promised."
    Envy
    Gucci

Contains Oriental scents with deep, woodsy notes with a blend of spices: Top note: Mandarin, Coriander, Pepper, Rosewood; Middle note: Rose, Jasmine, Carnation, Sandal; Base note: Patchouli, Vetiver, Leather, Vanilla. Perfect for casual wear.
    Price
    1.7 oz. - $30.00
    3.4 oz. - $42.79
    What others have said:
    Thumbs Up
    X-ICE - "I like Gucci envy it really works well and have had may compliamets for when I wear it and girls love it!!! every girl who u get near or ask the opinion for I 've never had a girl say its not great!"
    Neutral
    Hysteria - "Gucci Envy For Men is nice. It's pretty linear and doesn't develop throughout the day, but still enjoyable. "
    L'Eau D'Issey
    Issey Miyake

Top fragrance notes are juniper, bergamot and lavender; Middle notes are sage, coriander and freesia; Base notes are sandalwood, moss and cedar. It is recommended for romantic use.
    Price
    2.5 oz. - $48.50
    4.2 oz. - $61.50
    What others have said:
    Thumbs Up
    Deep - "I picked up a bottle at Bloomingdales about a year ago... and would highly recommend"
    G.Q. - "I like L'eau D'Issey, it's a very formal scent, [I wouldn't wear it during the day.] With hints of citrus, spice, amber and woods, it's intoxicating!"
    Deviate - "I use issay miakye to it has the best success with the ladies."
    SoopaStah - "Lesser known by men, but widely recognized brand by women (pronounced EE-say me-YAW-kee). More of a sweeter smelling cologne. A good changeup... "
    Thumbs Down
    Ain't nothin' wrong with L'Eau D'Issey
    Last edited by GameBoy; 03-20-2006 at 05:39 PM.
    -GameBoy

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most negative feedback: Acqua Di Gio by Georgio Armani
    Most Positive Feedback: Very Sexy by Victoria's Secret
    Last edited by GameBoy; 03-20-2006 at 08:04 PM.
    -GameBoy

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Setting your frame: What it's all about
    I view Cologne and fragrences as the Icing on the cake.
    The entire thing has to look right, but this is one of those last little details that can tip something from 'good' to 'great!'. Showing that you take extensive care of yourself down to the very last detail, that you are a guy who's got it all togeather, that you are a MAN goes a long way to subtle DHV. Simply being a certain way because YOU want to be - not to get the approval of others is what it's all about. - That's my frame.
    I get complimented on my choice of scents from women, but usually in isolation and when you DO get that compliment you know you're very-much 'in'.
    Scentes have an attitude of their own. They are such a minor detail that they speak volumes about your personality. (This is similar to shoes - because it's something that is often overlooked, you can use them to tell a lot about a person. Watches and sunglasses too.) These little accent pieces are - as Cuba said in Jerry McGuaire 'The Quam'. It's an ultimate statement about the quality of life - your expectations - and the level that you opperate at.
    Cologne should match, compliment, and enhance your persona. Are you in an agressive mood? Are you relaxed today? Do you feel active and fresh? There are scents that can inspire these feelings within you or serve to project that image into the minds of others.
    Tommy T feels like a warm summer day to me. I see blue jeans and a white t-shirt without shoes on.
    H.O.T. Always screams for attention with a spicy agressive attitude. (Couple that with a well-tailored suit and a Loud shirt/tie combo and you'll make one hell of a statement)
    Very Irresistable says that you're a guy who knows how to stand out just enough.
    Brit fits a casual office setting for me and could easily become a standard fragrance for the working man. It says 'corner office'.
    Taking the time to find what works for you is one more way of distinguishing who you are and carving your own identity. It's one more level of refinement and that extra push that helps to set you apart from everyone else around you.
    Last edited by GameBoy; 03-01-2006 at 04:28 PM.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phantom's ultiamte guide to cologne

Issey Miyake has never let me down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know sometimes I go without cologne, but it depends on the venue. I have been hitting up the Nivea for men daily face lotion though. First off, the stuff smells great and sticks with you. Second, it is subtle and is not really noticed until she gets quite close to you.
    Worked the other night... talking in a loud bar. She gets close and is like...."oh, you smell great."

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom

I'll add it to the list.
    -GameBoy

Atlanta
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom
    funny, I used to wear that all the time and had loads of girls say they like it but i've been testing it against other stuff using styles cologne trick (not as an opener, during comfort) and it ALWAYS looses.
    Eternity seems to be a winner a lot of the time but last night i put it against "polo black" and it won all 4 tests.
    There is no 'try' only 'do'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reps. in depth post. I really like TRUEFITT AND HILL..anyone else use this?? I like their TRAFALGAR and 1805 lines.
    their other products are commonly in magazines getting great reviews.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wore Versace Black Jeans again today. It's rather similar to Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme, which I already have. I can't justify owning both, but I will continue to enjoy my sample vial until it's finished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EEZerik, I've had experience with Truefitt & Hill 1805. I have a small sample vial that I've tried once. It's a nice aquatic, but not my taste.
    GameBoy, great summary of the random mess the Acqua Di Gio thread has become. And you listed prices too... that must've taken a lot of work. Kudos!

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hysteria;
    I knew you'd have something to say to this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria
    ... that must've taken a lot of work. Kudos!
    The hardest part was editing down your amazing replies to each and evey post. Good lord man! A lot of good information came from the Marc Jacobs thread.
    If there is anything else that anyone would like to see - post your comments now. I still have several scents of my own to list (Keneth Cole - Black and Tommy "T" will be next.) as well as a few named since.
    -GameBoy

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A a solo cologne Marc Jacobs is starting to knock-off Black Jeans.
    However, BJ cuts better. I love mixing/blending it with other scents. The combinations are magical.
    One thing to note about BJ is that their quality controll doesn't seem too high. I have two bottles and each has a different fragrence - one is lighter and the otehr is a spicier woodsier type.
    Last edited by GameBoy; 02-03-2006 at 04:04 PM.
    -GameBoy

Hollywood, Baby!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

colognes

My recent 3 faves are Vera Wang for Men, Signature by Kenneth Cole, and Corduroy by Zirh. They smell great, chicks dig them, and they're not too common, especially when you go to a club and the whole place smells like Drakkar.

England, Milton Keynes (The city of circles)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ones I use most are the..
    CHANEL ALLURE HOMME.
    and CHANEL ALLURE HOMME SPORT
    Both are really nice and I've never had a bad comment on ether yet from women.
    When I am writing in red, it's as an Attraction Forums mod or admin. When I write in normal text, it's just me.

And remember, if all else fails in set just try this, works everytime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armani Black Code is real good stuff, I don;t know if its the same thing Silent J was talking about but girls eat it up, plus its not overbearing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive heard good things about Curve and the Kilo Axe as a body spray.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very sexy works wonders. I didnt even realize until I started getting so many compliments.
    Not to be racist but I believe a different scent attracts certain women. Very sexy all around and polo works for the dark.
    Over all, most girls love Axe. and its cheap

Queens
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colonges vs. Scented Oils

A natural mentor put me on to scented oils about a year ago. I hadn't used colonge for years since a old on-off gf said she didn't like colonge. My mentor gave me a few oils and gave me some advice: buy clean smelling scents over musky ones.
    Scents really can make a difference: at times I would even get comments from lesbians on how good I smell.
    Gigolo Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The three things I use are:
    Givenchy - Pi
    Channel - Allure
    Axe - Touch
    haha I use axe everyday and people always think it's expensive cologne..
    Props to the axe effect.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have ever scent of Axe: I know what you mean. The stuff is fantastic.
    Tag bodyspray isn't bad either. The only problem with Tag is the arisol delivery. It can leave this metalic residue in the air that has a tendency to induce coughing.
    I'm going to be updating my cologne guide soon so anything else you guys can say on the pros and cons for each scent you use would be appreciated.
    Thanks guys.
    -GameBoy
    -GameBoy

Coming from the flames of Leeds!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very Successful!

Have been using Yves Saint Laurent M7 for ages now because it is just an amazing smell and girls seem 2 adore it! Highly recommend it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YSL M7 is indeed a masterpiece and a frickin' amazing design house... unfortunately, distribution is rather limited in North America, which is okay by me considering I won't smell my YSL favourites on everybody and their brother.
    Although I like M7, I actually prefer M7 Fresh. Despite the "Fresh" designation, it seems a little stronger and doesn't seem "light" as its name should suggest. It's just a slightly different take on M7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yves Saint Laurent is part of the Gucci group as of 2000 if I am not mistaken:
    http://www.ysl.com/
    http://www.ysl-parfums.com/gb/index.html
    Other than online/Ebay, I'm not sure where it's available locally. When I go to various parfum shops and department stores here in Canada, I'll never see the entire YSL fragrance line available all at one place, and if they have any at all, there is a disproportionately small quantity compared to the other fragrances sold.
    YSL fragrances to me are like the Creative Labs MP3 players versus the ubiquitous common Apple iPod... they quietly pump out amazing products while the masses can have their Acqua Di Gio and Axe bodysprays and be totally oblivious to everything else out there unless they just open their minds up to the possibility that there's never a "one and only".
    Probably my favourite fragrance houses overall are Chanel, Creed, Yves Saint Laurent, Gucci, Guerlain, and Azzaro for having SEVERAL of my favourites and being brands I can generally trust. I can also generally trust Givenchy, although I don't have a single favourite from them and I don't own any of their fragrances. All my other favourite fragrances are typically the lone titan from various other houses (usually one friggin' amazing/classic release amongst several craptacular/mediocre/weird/bland efforts).
    Last edited by Hysteria; 02-05-2006 at 01:22 PM.

Washington
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got reaction, kenneth cole the other day for about 30 dollars at TJmaxx. its a pretty good one too. its kind of a sweet, fresh sort of scent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so im talking to these girls asking them to rate a gucci envy (they liked it) cologne i just bought...get into their favorites and they all said aqua di gio...one of the chicks response- "i love it...it just smells...mmmm...like sex"
    i know what my next cologne purchase will be

12345 ... LastLast