Colognes? - Page 2

Thread: Colognes?

FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually don't buy a lot on Ebay... I've only ever bought two fragrances from Ebay ever since I started my obsession (1.7oz Chanel Platinum Egoiste and 3.4oz Gucci Envy For Men). But I'm not hesitant to snap up a deal when I see one, especially if non-stock photos are used!
    Most of my actual purchasing comes from the Basenotes.net community, and not even full-sized bottles. With the number of frags I have, I prefer decants. It's interesting how I found a link to Basenotes on FastSeduction, and there are what seem to be a few PUA-type guys who understand game dynamics on Basenotes. The circle is now complete, Obi Wan Kenobi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issey Miyake

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoy
    For anyone using Issey Miyake - where do you buy this stuff? I can't find it at most of my online stores.
    I picked up a bottle at Bloomingdales about a year ago. Most higher-end department stores seem to carry it, but I never found it anywhere online (part of the problem was that I didn't know how to spell the name).
    The specific kind I picked up (and would highly recommend) has this printed on the bottle:
    L'eau D'issey
    Pour Homme
    Eau De Toilette
    (at the bottom) Issey Miyake
    --
    -Deep

London/Singapore/San Francisco
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone using Issey Miyake - where do you buy this stuff? I can't find it at most of my online stores.
    If you can point me in the right direction - i'll add it to the list.
    Nordstrom, or nordstrom.com I guess, since they carry pretty much everything they have in store online as well.
    My comment: I like L'eau D'Issey, it's a very formal scent, I wouldn't wear it during the day. With hints of citrus, spice, amber and woods, it's intoxicating!
    ~ G.Q.

ny ny
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria
    Yves Saint Laurent is part of the Gucci group as of 2000 if I am not mistaken:
    http://www.ysl.com/
    http://www.ysl-parfums.com/gb/index.html
    Other than online/Ebay, I'm not sure where it's available locally. When I go to various parfum shops and department stores here in Canada, I'll never see the entire YSL fragrance line available all at one place, and if they have any at all, there is a disproportionately small quantity compared to the other fragrances sold.
    YSL fragrances to me are like the Creative Labs MP3 players versus the ubiquitous common Apple iPod... they quietly pump out amazing products while the masses can have their Acqua Di Gio and Axe bodysprays and be totally oblivious to everything else out there unless they just open their minds up to the possibility that there's never a "one and only".
    Probably my favourite fragrance houses overall are Chanel, Creed, Yves Saint Laurent, Gucci, Guerlain, and Azzaro for having SEVERAL of my favourites and being brands I can generally trust. I can also generally trust Givenchy, although I don't have a single favourite from them and I don't own any of their fragrances. All my other favourite fragrances are typically the lone titan from various other houses (usually one friggin' amazing/classic release amongst several craptacular/mediocre/weird/bland efforts).
    Just a quick question about this:
    Im 19 years old, and not really that buff. Ive heard that Yves was kinda "fatherly" and really masculine.. Do you think this could pass and work like a younger scent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell, I wear some of my most "dressy" gentlemanly scents with jeans and t-shirt. But Yves Saint Laurent is a fragrance brand you won't find a lot of younger guys wearing. Their "youngest" smelling fragrance is probably M7 Fresh (which I actually adore). M7 Fresh is a limited edition spin on M7, which is already getting difficult to find in retail. Best bet is to peruse Ebay or online cosmetics communities (yes, I do browse cosmetics forums, haha!!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Fierce, always getting compliments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always had great response to BY dolce and gabbana. It comes in a zebra print bottle. This stuff is gold! Has a kind of black licorise smell to it.
    Also, Jean Paul Gautier LE MALE is another good one.
    Occasionally I will throw an old school one into the mix like Eternity by calvin klien because it usually brings back alot of memories for them.

Dallas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issey Miyake

Issey Miyake - L'eau D'Issey is in all your web pages look it up under L'eau D'Issey de Issey Miyake. run between 55 and 65.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another good one which rarely gets attention though most people LOVE:
    Egoiste by Chanel....
    The other one I wear is Aqua....but it depends on the occasion and audience...21 to 25....I'll always wear Aqua....If i'm going more formal or 25+, then I'll switch over to the Egoiste....

NJ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be into pheros a lot, and ummmm didn't work too well for me as that it takes too much time and experiment to find out what combo works for you. It's unlikely that just 1 product will work, often times u have to combine 2 or 3, and they're expensive. Some of them have a bad smell, it stained my leather bracelet like 7 months ago and I can still smell it. Reactions aren't that obvious, it does work but weather it's worth the money for a little turn on, ummm well that's up to u to decide. If u want some good info and sites for them PM me. A lot of them out there are fakes and rippoffs. The ones that are definately not fake or rippoffs are APC, NPA, Primal Instinct, Alter Ego, Chikara, Edge and SOE. There's a few new ones but I haven't got solid reviews yet. I've been into them for around a year so my knowledge on them are reliable.
    -k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

www.basenotes.net
    a GREAT community of cologne and perfume users.

New Mexico
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been rocking Kenneth Cole Black. I love it. It seems to leave a memorable scent. One girl asked be a few days later what I was wearing nights earlier. I want to pick up a few others but I havent decided which yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's truly addictive shit, isn't it? Say goodbye to your expendable funds.
    Glad to see another fellow Basenoter on here! I just checked your Wardrobe... I also have Burberry Brit FM, Thierry Mugler A*Men (decant), and YSL RG PH. I actually got the RG cheap at Shoppers Drug Mart just before Christmas. This week, YSL Opium PH EDT is for sale at Shoppers. I notice you're in Ontario, so the deal applies. Snap some up! (I already alerted the other Basenoters of this deal.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

went yesterday to buy it.
    if it wasn't for the fact that it's 20 bucks, i woudn't hae touched that crap.
    spritzed some when i got home on my wrist and man, i can't stand it.
    luckily i had some L'eau d'Issey on my right wrist from my trip to Sephora's so i sniffed my other wrist instead.
    addictive it is. but I love to shop anyway so it's just another fluff topic w/ chicks. not to mention if i ask them to smell it, they have to get close, which means it's KINO TIME
    edit: where do you buy Creed stuff up in Ottawa? going there on saturday stayinng till wed. wouldn't mind buying Himalaya

Thatcham in England (40 miles from London)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Gucci envy it really works well and have had may compliamets for when I wear it and girls love it!!! every girl who u get near or ask the opinion for I 've never had a girl say its not great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually was prepared to buy Opium EDT blind today, based on the fact that I love my Opium EDP. They didn't have any in stock. I'll check another Shoppers later in the week.
    You know, I've actually looked around Ottawa for Creed. Holt Renfrew says they can order it in, but they don't have any in stock. I had to resort to buying my dozen Creed decants on Basenotes. Himalaya's opening notes smell a little bit like Chanel Platinum Egoiste to me.
    Where will you be staying? We could hang out, sarge, and blast girls with cologne openers all day. LOL! If you're a good boy, I may even let you try some of my Creeds. Hehe.
    Hmmm... if you're looking to trade your Opium EDT, I might have some trade bait if you're coming up to Ottawa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by X-ICE
    I like Gucci envy it really works well and have had may compliamets for when I wear it and girls love it!!! every girl who u get near or ask the opinion for I 've never had a girl say its not great!
    Gucci Envy For Men is nice. It's pretty linear and doesn't develop throughout the day, but still enjoyable. If you like that, you might find comfort in Burberry Brit For Men's heartnotes and basenotes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didn't need to know THAT hahahahha.
    thank god there's a place near my house that sells fragrances for cheaper than retail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

St. Laurent has a Scentiments store, I think! Up on the top floor, right by the food court.
    I can name a few of my Creeds that have similar-smelling designer alternatives:
    -Creed Baie De Genievre = Gucci Pour Homme
    -Creed Green Irish Tweed = Davidoff Cool Water, Liz Claiborne Curve
    -Creed Himalaya = Chanel Platinum Egoiste (I actually think the Chanel is MORE expensive than the Creed in this case!)
    -Creed Original Vetiver = Thierry Mugler Cologne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the headsup.
    i noticed the GIT link to CW and Curve all the time too.
    how do you like a*men? i cna't believe the sillage on that thing. needs just a tiny amount compared to other fragrances that i have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A*Men holds a special place in my heart as the "crutch" I used to do my first street and bar approach. I asked the girls for their quick opinion on A*Men... I got varied responses, like chocolate, vanilla, tar, fish, ice cream sundae, cotton candy, "new car smell", etc. Obviously I busted on them for it, especially if they liked to come in close to smell aggressively. That was my very first opener.
    I remember getting a headache the first time I wore A*Men. I thought it was horrible.
    I eventually grew to like it, and it became my second favourite for a while. I haven't worn my decant for a couple of months now. I'll have to wear it again soon, but it's hard when you've got so many that it takes a long time to cycle through again!
    As for the sillage, I don't notice it... but then again, for some reason, I find the proper bottles to give better results compared to decants. For example, I tested Gucci Envy For Men at Loblaws, and thought it was powerful and long-lasting. So I bought a decant off a Basenoter and it seemed weaker than I remembered. I found a deal for a 3.4oz Gucci Envy For Men on Ebay and snapped it up. It's as powerful as I remember it the first time. Maybe I need a proper bottle of A*Men in the future, after my decant is done.
    As for longevity, A*Men has immense staying power. I squirt it on my wrist, go to bed, and it's there 14 hours later. It's currently my longest-lasting scent.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Guys - great stuff here
    I was just locked into a 45 minute conversation with a local fragrence girl and she actually knew what she was talking about.
    I also picked-up both of the Very Sexy scents tonight.
    Revalation of the night - Givinchi Simply irresistable smells like a better version of Aqua Di Gio.
    Does anyone want to say something about Farenheight?
    -GameBoy
    All your women are belong to me.

I hear their periods attract bears... bears can smell the menstration. - Brick Tamlin
    Check out GameBoy's Game Theory: Archive and Journal - updated 12/24/06: Songs I love to dance to.
    And check out GameBoy's new Blog: Devoted to all aspects of personal Style. (Including fashion)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's another YSL scent yah?
    there's something about them (YSL) that makes me cringe. RG PH is the only YSL scent so far that I don't find repulsive. I know, i know; we wear scents to get the bitches. Personally if I can't stand the smell, then I odn't care if it'll pull the 15s, I won't feel at ease wearing it.
    YSL scents overall to me are just too spicy. YMMV however

SoCal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

axe body spray or cologne?

question... do u wear axe AND cologne or one or the other??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do not over do it. My roommate wears both. I have lived with him for two years and every time he leaves to go out my other roommate and I know it. He simply walks by our room and we can smell him. Again, do not over do it.
    I think both is way too much for a night out. If you are fairly sure that the night is going to end with sex then a tad of axe under your clothes may not hurt.
    I say never cross two different scents - who knows what you will smell like. I also do not think she should smell you when you walk up, AT ALL. I put on cologne with the idea that when she gets close enough she will smell it.
    In this area less is more.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While it is a very spicy scent (but opens up nicely after a while); this one is by Dior - not YSL
    -GameBoy

I hear their periods attract bears... bears can smell the menstration. - Brick Tamlin
    Check out GameBoy's Game Theory: Archive and Journal - updated 12/24/06: Songs I love to dance to.
    And check out GameBoy's new Blog: Devoted to all aspects of personal Style. (Including fashion)

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tactic is to wash with Axe body-wash
    Use a spray deoderant like Tag or Axe ONLY under the arms
    and to use cologne for my fragrence.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gago
    Just incase no one realized it yet, AXE IS GARBAGE
    Its neither a cologne or a deodorant, and its just flat out lame.
    Anyone with REAL style uses cologne man, don't buy that shit again. The body wash is one thing, but the spray is bar none the lamest scene-related product on the market.
    Go out and spend the extra money on a nice cologne, try and use only one, its a great way to have girls associate you with a single smell. It becomes like your signature scene.
    I would recommend any of the popular ones D & G, Crave By Calvin Klein, Blue Jeans, or my personal favourite right now, Burberry Men.
    Stay away from the AXE!

UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Q: Does anyone use synthetic pheremones when gaming?

I was wondering if anyone has tried synthetic pheremones whilst gaming to make yourself more attractive to women?
    I've used mones on and off for 4 years now with mixed results, but i'm sure they can be a helpful addition to anyones game if used appropriately.
    What are your comments guys and should i bother using these?
    regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tactic is to wash with Axe body-wash
    Use a spray deoderant like Tag or Axe ONLY under the arms
    and to use cologne for my fragrence.
    Axe is not a deodorant, it wont stop/prevent you from sweating/smelling...Don't waste your time

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khazzam
    Axe is not a deodorant, it wont stop/prevent you from sweating/smelling...Don't waste your time
    Antiperperant and deoderant are not the same things - that is a common misconception. Odor is caused by bacteria - not persperation (however, a warm & moist environment is a prime bacterial breeding ground)
    A deoderant is essntially an antibacterial agent.
    Antipersperants work in a variety of ways - but the gist of it is: they clog your sweat-glands and prevent sweat. However, with sweat comes the release of pharamones and your body's natural chemical identifier.
    Pharamones are received by a gland in the nose called the Amigdala and are processed to represent familiarity. (If anyone want to test this - buy any pharamone attraction product, apply it, and go visit your mother. She'll probably be pissed off for no explanable reason. The reason is that she is having a processing conflict in her brain. She is used to the natural presesnce that you exude and is mentally unbalanced because of this.)
    Antipersperants will also block your natural pharamone scent.
    I make sure to use a a spray-on deoderant (you'll avoide the anti-persperant that way) Unless you're a really sweaty guy i reccomend going this way.
    -GameBoy

bloodgroove Guest

I'm with the rest... Fuck Axe.
    Be very concious about the scents you put on yourself. If you have to, take someon cologne shopping (or open sets at the cologne counter.) If you're going to open sets this way make sure that you're asking for second opinions, not someone to choose for you. (Plus the tester strips are a nice way to have paper handy if you need a number.)
    Myself, I use a very light body wash, Body Crystal (basically a form of rock salt) deodorant (just as good as the chemicals, less expensive, odorless) and cologne.
    My choice in cologne is very important and I spend a long time choosing them because the right cologne can do wonders. If you're in doubt, DO NOT BUY COLOGNE UNNASSISTED. It's hard to smell yourself and that second opinion, especially female, can be critical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gago
    Every damn 12 year old at my schools wears that stupid Axe.
    Don't wear that shit.

Windsor, ON. Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Axe is so crap, the only reason they are known is because sex sells. All their expenses are put into advertisment and none on the product at hand.
    One time, some Axe advertisers gave out cans of sample Axe at my campus. All the girls says it smells bad. I have a sample can and I only use it on my clothes if I'm in a hurry and they smell like smoke from the bars, other than that, I would prefer not smelling like anything than smelling like Axe.
    Oh yeah if you have fabreeze for clothing, use that for those 'too lazy to wash that shirt day'. Everyone says like I smell like I just did the laundry

bloodgroove Guest

Every person has a different body chemistry and these are the ones that work for me. Your body and personality changes as you age so I recommend changing brands every year or two. Gravity was like that for me. It smelled great when I was young but it's lost it's effect. I smell great in cool colognes, but musky, spicy or fruity ones are just wrong on me. So with that.
    I buy colognes by the effect, not by scent. I specifically buy colognes that drove my SO at the time crazy. That's how I got started to begin with. I had a GF and she went nuts when I wore certain colognes. I learned a couple she liked and tried them on other women and had similar reactions. I recommend to always go with a woman or open sets while shopping. That second opinion will do wonders, especially if they have any amount of attraction.
    One thing I like are colognes that rub off and leave scents behind you. Associating a smell to you reminds women of you so I like memorable scents. If after you hug her she smells you on her it can re-establish her connection to you anytime she gets a whiff of it. (as long as it's not too strong)
    These are the ones that work on me:
    Gravity.
    I got into it back when I was in High School, and while cheap, it does me well. My body has changed but it's okay on me now.
    Cool Water.
    It's a staple and it smells fucking great on me. While how it smells on me means nothing to you, I think it's a must have for any man that smells good in cool scents.
    Alpine Summit.
    It's bath and body works cologne from several years ago. They discontinued it for some crappier scents and I'm hoping they get it back soon. If anyone knows where I can get old bottles of this please PM me.
    Baldessarini Del Mar
    It's a very light cologne, nice for a spring day but not for clubbing. It's got a fantastic after scent like anise.
    If anyone else knows of other cool scented colognes let me know. I'm always on the lookout for more.

Cincinnati
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've search through a compendium of research and my personal conclusion, though it is shared by the majority of the scientific community as well at the seduction community, is don't bother. There have been no tests that provide conclusive results and it in the rare occasion one does none have been duplicated every time.
    I'm of the opinion that they are a mentalo booster, you see preception is reality. Regardless of what isn't truth and what is truth, what you believe, and your pesonal belief is key, is truth.
    I will use an exmaple to illustrate the point and then I will use andother to illustrate my opinion on how SynthMones affect, detrimentally or positively, your game.
    Example on preception is reality:
    You come home and the bed is a mess, you made the bed before you left, you suspect someone's been over, so you confront your wife. She denies. You accuse. 'I know someone's been here, you're cheating on me aren't you, whore?' 'No! I Just got home before you did, I haven't been near the bedroom yet, my coat isn't even off yet!' 'Don't fucking lie to me, I made that god-damned bed myself this moring, the least you could fucking do is tell me his name.' 'Indiana Jones, I'm having sex with a fantasy. You dumb-fuck, if you're going to be a jerk like this, we're not going anywhere in this relationship.' 'Stop-fucking changing the subject, who the fuck was in my bed?'
    Regardless of if she is cheating on you are not you believe she is, there fore the fact that you DIDN'T make the bed this morning and all other fact that would prove otherwise to you that she isn't cheat on you become irrelevant, because she IS cheating on you, you know it! Thus, her cheating on you becomes the reality of it, even though she did not cheat.
    Using SynthMones, may or may not be effective between people, I would rather save my money for something guarenteed, like a better wardrobe or a new guitar, in my opinion you're better off just waering a nice cologne that she can actually connect memories to conciously instead of hidden scents that are designed to play with her bilogically. Now as for how they can work, yet not be scientifically proven to work.
    You go out, run some approaches, do some nice game, pull a couple numbers but as you crawl into bed with some Jergins you feel you're missing something,you need a GameBooster. So the next day you order some Mones, get them soon and are eager to try them out. You do your prep, get ready, then you dab the Mones on your "heat spots" and you know you're ready for a night out on the town. You say to yourself, "I'm getting laid tonight." How can you be so confident? Why because, you have a fail safe, if you're material sucks, the Mones will hook 'em, so you can bed them. The next morning you wake up, pull a condom off your tow and hop into the shower recapping the success.Two day's later and you nailed a model, your game isn't that good you think, thank god for Phermones. Right? WRONG!
    Like I said All you neede was a GameBooster, all the phermones did was give you the confidence. They implied to you that you could get anybody due to deep underlying sexual want, however, what it would really do is give you the confidence to run your game smoothly because you truly didn't care if it failed, THIS IS THE WHOLE IDEA OF PU! The reason we do approach large numbers of women is to over come our "fear" of them, so that when we run game on the next girl we know, there have been others, there will be more. By telegraphing the blase' and dispassionate attitude, you do not put stock in her, which makes her try to sell herself to you. True that you need to be heedful of singals being sent, but onc reach a point of confidence in your game you can slip into "The Zone" or what I call my mode. I know what I want to do and what I want to say and imply so well and so much so that it just becomes natural. Some people take dance lessons, some people just Tango. You have to feel and predict and respond immediately to your partners entire body, all of her movements and emotions, it is a calculated dance that can be learned, but only so far, at some point you have to step onto the floor and just go with the flow.
    -Vincent Chase
    As a foonote:
    There was an experiment done in Germany, a man was given a glass of beer, he was told it was mostly water, they measured his blood alcohol. Another man was given a glass of NA Beer, he was told it had an extremely high alcohol percentage his blood would become diluted almost immediately, they measured his blood alcohol. The man that drank the NA beer had .4 and the man with the actual beer had .1. Neither of our subject had a drink of alcohol for 3 days prior to the experiment, this was done at 4 A.M. and it wasn't in Germany, it was done right here in Wisconsin at my buddy Derek's house, his dad's an ex-cop and had a breathalizer laying around. But it illustrates a point. Tony (NA man) thought that his beer was some crazy Korean Beer that would knock him on his feet and it parctically did. Craig (Beer Man) believed his beer was more than half filled with water.

Leeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clinique Happy for men - awesome, fruity and noticeable
    Channel ALLURE Homme sport - My all time favourite, simply stunning, fresh and masculine. A perfect mix
    Abraham Lincoln reportedly said that, Given eight hours to chop down a tree, he'd spend six sharpening his axe.

randumskol Guest

I use A314 in close environments. -Rone is useful. -None is horrible in my case, completely upsets the comfort stage.
    I find that using mones in clubs is a very bad idea indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodgroove
    Every person has a different body chemistry and these are the ones that work for me. Your body and personality changes as you age so I recommend changing brands every year or two.
    can that be cologne one-itis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tested Dior Fahrenheit. I can't get over the gasoline accord to it. This is just my personal taste.
    Lafora, sorry you can't seem to get into the YSL house... I just find their scents so classy and not something a typical 22-year-old would wear. I own Body Kouros, Opium EDP, Rive Gauche PH, M7, and M7 Fresh. I can generally trust YSL like I trust Chanel, Creed, Azzaro, Guerlain, and Editions De Parfums Frederic Malle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can't find a sample of M7 fresh...and i agree w/ ur comment about YSL, they ARE classy
    i'm willing to try everything at least twice.
    btw, what do you want for the opium :P

randumskol Guest

I'm sorry but I'd have to disagree somewhat with your statement. The placebo plays a huge part but certainly not all of it. Get over to the Androtics forums and learn a bit, there is a lot of legitimate science involved.

UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mones

my experiences with mones are of mixed results. im definetely sure that they do cause an effect, but its difficult to determine whether this is +ve or -ve in terms of helping your game.
    i think i may as well use them since i have them, and if they aren't going to hurt my game, then whats the lose?
    regards

randumskol Guest

Don't use them to improve your game.
    If you do so then you won't use yourself to game, you'll be using them and they don't work on their own.
    They work with you - i.e pretend you don't even have them on. And also make sure you tailor them specifically to what your doing. You can't just wear any phero product, it needs to comply with the environment you are sarging in.

UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why

Quote Originally Posted by randumskol
    I use A314 in close environments. -Rone is useful. -None is horrible in my case, completely upsets the comfort stage.
    I find that using mones in clubs is a very bad idea indeed.
    why is using mones in a club a bad idea?
    when i say i will use mones, i mean that i'll use them as a tool along with all my other tools under my mystery method game. i don't advocate just using mones and throwing everything to do with the venusian arts out the window...
    regards

randumskol Guest

I didn't mean for you to infer that from what I said. It's just that so often do I read the Love Scent forums and see poor misguided fools hope that mones are the be all and end all.
    Club environments are a tipping point - too much -none can really upset things. For example Primal Instinct, Alter Ego and NPA can, with overuse, give you a really undesirable dirty sex beast guise. If one is using Venusian Arts then one is indirectly approaching but if one is covered in -none then it will seem as though one is coming on far too strong.
    I hope you understand.
    RS

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Hysteria]I've tested Dior Fahrenheit. I can't get over the gasoline accord to it. This is just my personal taste.
    {/QUOTE]
    Have you only smelled it from a test-strip?
    It seems to open up aftera while.
    Also, Hysteria: Have you tried any of the new Gucci scents?
    I was testing one out the other day ( can't remember the name ) and after it settled, it smelled a lot like balsa-wood.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tested it on different occasions on my wrists. I typically leave my wrists bare so that I can go out testing two scents at a time (with opportunities to do Style's cologne opener if I feel like it).
    The newest Gucci scent for men is Gucci Pour Homme (the new version, not the original Gucci Pour Homme from 1976). Gucci only has five masculine scents:
    -Gucci Pour Homme (1976), discontinued and rare as fuck. Super expensive on Ebay. I do not own this yet.
    -Gucci Nobile (1988), discontinued also. I own a decant of this.
    -Gucci Envy For Men (1998). I own a 3.4oz bottle of this. Smells like the heartnotes and basenotes of Burberry Brit For Men, but a little stronger and more linear.
    -Gucci Rush For Men (2000). I own several sample spray vials of this. Smells like Azzaro Visit, without the strong incense note.
    -Gucci Pour Homme (2003). I test this one often and hope to get a bottle soon enough. I currently own a sample vial for reference, to compare to my Creed Baie De Genievre.
    Lafora, we'll chat on MSN. M7 Fresh is a limited edition. Decant city for me on Basenotes... I love those people!

New Mexico
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want to utilize your natural pheromones then dont wash so much and participate in activities that naturally release them. I dont think they play a big enough role to have to add them. Just run solid game and dont look for another crutch.

Hollywood, Baby!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pheromones

Pheromone colognes are utter bullshit, and the concept is a marketing scheme directed at AFC's wishing that women would approach them. Trust me, I'm one of those suckers. Scientific research has yet yielded little information on human pheromones, forget artificial ones.
    We all have natural pheromones; enhance them with a little real cologne that smells good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent! Let us know how you end up liking it. I took an immediate fascination with it because it reminded me of the way Vicks 44D cough syrup smelled when I was a kid. Damn, that medicine was soothing shit. It coats your throat as it goes down. In my insanity, I'm occasionally tempted to drink my M7 Fresh.
    If you're really interested in pursuing this fragrance thing with force (congratulations!), join us at the Basenotes.ne community, or at least hit the Basenotes.net directory for information and reviews. Within a few months, you'll be sampling shitloads of scents you've never even heard of before, and probably buying decants like crazy. It's the best way to sample rare/expensive fragrances without spending a whole lot per scent.

UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by randumskol
    I didn't mean for you to infer that from what I said. It's just that so often do I read the Love Scent forums and see poor misguided fools hope that mones are the be all and end all.
    Club environments are a tipping point - too much -none can really upset things. For example Primal Instinct, Alter Ego and NPA can, with overuse, give you a really undesirable dirty sex beast guise. If one is using Venusian Arts then one is indirectly approaching but if one is covered in -none then it will seem as though one is coming on far too strong.
    I hope you understand.
    RS
    yes i'm well aware of the love scent forum. the products i have are AE, SOE, NPA and WAGG. i get some mixed results with one drop of AE/week so i think i will try this on my sarges next week and see what happens.
    regards

Northern New Jersey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grown men have no business wearing axe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their body wash is good.
    I really like their "Groove" body wash with guarana, the problem is that AFAIK you can only get it in a package that also includes deodorant (also good) and body spray (not so good.)
    As noted before, if your clothes are a little smelly but you don't have time to wash 'em, the body spray can be useful. I prefer the Unlimited scent- it smells like spices and a tiny amount can cover up just about anything. Also, for some odd reason, I used the 2 cologne opener with Axe Unlimited on one wrist and Acqua di Gio on the other and got 3 more HBs preferring the Axe than the AdG! I'm sure this was just a fluke, I mean I used the Axe as kind of a joke...

Burlington, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuddenDiplomat
    My recent 3 faves are Vera Wang for Men, Signature by Kenneth Cole, and Corduroy by Zirh. They smell great, chicks dig them, and they're not too common, especially when you go to a club and the whole place smells like Drakkar.
    I like your style. I agree with you, especially Corduroy. My fav is Pi by Gevenche

Denver, CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am using ultraviolet man, a very good one...also the one with the womens/mens body is the shape of the bottle..that one is good...4got the name :P Also Armani's black is good. And then i 4got 2 put colone on and so all I had was that axe...so i was like fuck it, I will use what I got left and actually got props for it...LOL, but i am not recommending to use it. Many women have different tastes in colones, they also react different to different guy's skin, so many sure u try it out b4 u get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boz
    I am using ultraviolet man, a very good one...also the one with the womens/mens body is the shape of the bottle...
    that has to be JPG either black/blue/whathave you jeans or Le Male

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Le Male. That's the homoerotic bottle shaped like a bust.

The Versace _______ Jeans line is shaped differently, but all shaped the same as everything in the Jeans line except Jeans Couture.

Hollywood, Baby!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Crave is good. Women seem to think it smells like a Creamsicle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, starting to get into the expensive niche stuff, GameBoy? I've not tried Bond No. 9 scents yet. Some Basenotes people remark how they rip off Creed. I'm pretending not to hear that rather biased opinion and I will eventually try to acquire some Bond No. 9 to test for myself.
    Right now, I'm wearing a spritz of my dad's old Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur. So far, I'm quite enjoying that bold 1970s attitude it has. Three other scents in this vein are Azzaro Pour Homme, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (made in 2003, no less, hahaha), and Aramis Tuscany. You can see why I'm trying to seek out Tuscany now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I discovered something interesting this weekend, relating to aqua de gio. I use aqua de gio personally. My friends refer to it as my "crack for women" becuase when I go to a party, I will be off in a room somewhere just hanging out, and girls will follow the scent into the room to find out who is wearing it, then attack them and just lay on me breathing....the down side of this is at any given party in my area, 90% of the girls are below the legal age range, so I end up asking them how old they are, and telling them to get off me.
    Anyways, that aside, I have two atomizers of aqua de gio, and I kept one in my car for a while. I live in an area that gets very hot on a clear day when its not activly doing something to be cold, raining, freezing, etc. So this bottle of aqua de gio sat in my car while I went on vacation, and was exposed to some pretty hot in-car tempretures. I rediscovered the bottle today, and took it back inside. The scent has morphed slightly, into something a little bit different and a little bit more masculine. I tried wearing it and I had a couple people ask what it was and comment on it, I never told them it was the ass end of my backup bottle. Just a thought.
    - Weatherman

"Its a very funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it." - William Somerset Maugham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Antiperperant and deoderant are not the same things - that is a common misconception. Odor is caused by bacteria - not persperation (however, a warm & moist environment is a prime bacterial breeding ground)
    A deoderant is essntially an antibacterial agent.
    Antipersperants work in a variety of ways - but the gist of it is: they clog your sweat-glands and prevent sweat. However, with sweat comes the release of pharamones and your body's natural chemical identifier.
    Pharamones are received by a gland in the nose called the Amigdala and are processed to represent familiarity. (If anyone want to test this - buy any pharamone attraction product, apply it, and go visit your mother. She'll probably be pissed off for no explanable reason. The reason is that she is having a processing conflict in her brain. She is used to the natural presesnce that you exude and is mentally unbalanced because of this.)
    I make sure to use a a spray-on deoderant (you'll avoide the anti-persperant that way) Unless you're a really sweaty guy i reccomend going this way.
    I think you have some misconceptions about pheromones. The amygdala is in the brain, not the nose. The VNO is in the nose and is what senses pheromones. But, there has been no conclusive evidence YET to support that pheromones work in humans to create attraction (please post an article if you can prove me otherwise).
    I agree that AXE is no good because too many guys wear it. You need to be distinguishable from all the other guys. Nice colognes are the way to go, also because they usually last a long time. D&G, Jean Paul Gaultier, Acqua Di Gio (kind of older now), and the Very Sexy line from Victoria's secret are all good colognes for men IMO. I think guys should have multiple colognes though, not just one (it gets monotonous otherwise).
    I did have one question though. Do you guys wear more cologne if you know you are going to be in a smoky bar? Or do you wear the same amount if you are going to a non-smoking party or the like?
    Shawn

Rochester, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wash with Axe Essance (not the best one).
    But then I use Curve Crush colonge.
    I got sniffed 3 times in one night...thanks to the curve crush.
    hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its all about MarcJacobs or Bvlgari Blv, maybe some Tiffany and Co. if Im in the right mood.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the sound of it - Bleaker St sounds like my kind of scent. I'm eager to give it a try. There are 2 stores in the Bay Area that cater to the rare/hard-to-find scents. One in San Jose (which didn't carry Bleaker) and one in SF (which I'll try today or tomorrow)
    I recently picked up the 2 Victoria Secret scents (Very Sexy 1&2)
    I have to say that I find "2" to be a better scent and a more active fragrence, however "1" fits a more relaxed mood better.
    For anyone already quoted on the VS scents - can you clairify which of the 2 your comments are towards? I'm getting ready to do another update.
    As always - your help is apprecitaed.
    -GB
    -GameBoy

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brass
    man you should say
    "4 out of 5 PUA endorse this product"
    Hah! That's great! Maybe when I get more replies I'll institute something like that.
    I'm hoping to add the next grouping tonight.
    YSL - M7
    Keneth Cole - Black
    Victorias Secret - Very Sexy2
    Gevincci - Simply Irresistable
    Dior - Farenheight
    Drakkar -
    I forgot CoolWater before, so that'll be added.
    More on Nobile, Hugo Dark Blue, Aqua Di Gio,
    -GameBoy

BAKO!!!, California
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got a bottle of 'Armani MAnia', everyones wearing the aqua diggio, which is good, but Mania has a cleaner, fresher scent. there are many good ones out there- Nix the Axe, it smells overly musky and every chump in the world wears it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll agree with alot of the posters about aqua.. it smells nice sure, I like it, but EVERY single one of my friends has it. Armani Black Code is what I wear most of the time (I'm still building my cologne aresenal) and chicks do like it alot from what I've seen.
    Nice post. Really helpful and informative.

Rochester, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I got Armani Black Code.
    But when I wore it I didnt get as much compliments as I did with the curve crush.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Token
    I'll agree with alot of the posters about aqua.. it smells nice sure, I like it, but EVERY single one of my friends has it.
    Nice post. Really helpful and informative.
    I was talking to my guy Omar at Saks 5th last night and he agrees with me: Givinchi's Irresistable smells like Aqua be better. If you want to hit that same target, but distinguish yourself from the normal Aqua crowd - this is your cologne.
    -GameBoy

UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are hundreds of articles on pheremones. the website you want to check out is http://www.love-scent.com/ where the creators of pheremone products frequently post their research findings. also, there are hundreds of reviews and a live forum for you to post your questions.
    regards

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would LOVE to - because i have a thing about 'limited edition', but $375? ... yikes.
    Besides I'm buying up Chinatown, H.O.T. Always, and Bleeker St. right now.
    Chinatown has to be - hands down - the greatest scent that I have ever experienced. H.O.T. Always is increadibly distinct and, well, Wonderful and Bleeker St is just a damn good one.
    Yet all 3 of those will still cost me less than your specail Creed!
    -GameBoy

Calgary
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Givenchy

I just got a bottle of "Givenchy very irresistible" and I must say it is damn nice smelling. Has anyone else tried this product?

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brass
    I just got a bottle of "Givenchy very irresistible" and I must say it is damn nice smelling. Has anyone else tried this product?
    That's the one I've been caling Aqua version 2. It's like Aqua, but better and still distinctive.
    -GameBoy

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I view Cologne and fragrences as the Icing on the cake.
    The entire thing has to look right, but this is one of those last little details that can tip something from 'good' to 'great!'. Showing that you take extensive care of yourself down to the very last detail, that you are a guy who's got it all togeather, that you are a MAN goes a long way to subtle DHV. Simply being a certain way because YOU want to be - not to get the approval of others is what it's all about. - That's my frame.
    I get complimented on my choice of scents from women, but usually in isolation and when you DO get that compliment you know you're very-much 'in'.
    Scentes have an attitude of their own. They are such a minor detail that they speak volumes about your personality. (This is similar to shoes - because it's something that is often overlooked, you can use them to tell a lot about a person. Watches and sunglasses too.) These littel accent pieces are - as Cuba said in Jerry McGuaire 'The Quam'. It's an ultimate statement about the quality of life - your expectations - and the level that you opperate at.
    Cologne should match, compliment, and enhance your persona. Are you in an agressive mood? Are you relaxed today? Do you feel active and fresh? There are scents that can inspire these feelings within you or serve to project that image into the minds of others.
    Tommy T feels like a warm summer day to me. I see blue jeans and a white t-shirt without shoes on.
    H.O.T. Always screams for attention with a spicy agressive attitude. (Couple that with a well-tailored suit and a Loud shirt/tie combo and you'll make one hell of a statement)
    Very Irresistable says that you're a guy who knows how to stand out just enough.
    Brit fits a casual office setting for me and could easily become a standard fragrance for the working man. It says 'corner office'.
    Taking the time to find what works for you is one more way of distinguishing who you are and carving your own identity. It's one more level of refinement and that extra push that helps to set you apart from everyone else around you.
    -GameBoy

Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swiss Army all the way. I'm also a big fan Kenneth Cole, Reaction, and Black.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mini-Update

Updates:
    The design houses have been added below the names of each cologne
    any new feedback on existing colognes in the guide have been added.
    More scents will follow as soon as i have the time and energy to do so.
    M7 was also added
    Very Irresistible by Givenchy was also added.
    and Cool Water
    But now i'm really going to bed.
    Last edited by GameBoy; 02-23-2006 at 10:54 PM.
    -GameBoy

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria
    Is Chinatown a Bond No.9 scent? What does it smell like, instant noodles and body odour?
    I can say this and get away with it because I'm a FOB myself. Kind of like how only black people are allowed to use the N-word around each other.
    Top Notes
    Peach Blossom, Bergamot
    MIddle Notes
    Gardenia, TUberose, Peony, Orange Flower
    Base Notes
    Patchouli, Cedarwood, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Cardamom, Guaiac Wood
    It is one of the smoothest, vibrant, complex, evolving and soothing fragrences that i have ever experienced (probably The Most)
    I love this stuff. Bond no. 9 sells a 60-hour candle of it as well. I intend to get that and a candle of Little Italy too.
    Plus - and I didn't know this when I first smelled it - it has peachblossom in it. This is pretty big for a Taoist like myself.
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I view Cologne and fragrences as the Icing on the cake.
    The entire thing has to look right, but this is one of those last little details that can tip something from 'good' to 'great!'. Showing that you take extensive care of yourself down to the very last detail, that you are a guy who's got it all togeather, that you are a MAN goes a long way to subtle DHV. Simply being a certain way because YOU want to be - not to get the approval of others is what it's all about. - That's my frame.
    i'd have to agree with that one.
    Not only that, I think most guys dont' invest enough time to sample fragrances before they purchase the one or two that they wear all the time. I bust the sales assoc' at Sephora's and Sears all the time when they push Aqua di Gio at me. There are literally 80 colognes in the store and they sell me THE most generic one? Come on. That's one bottle I'll NEVER put in my wardrobe just cuz everyone and their grandpa has it
    When I go out, I bring out the big boys (and depending on venue, weather, mood and occasion, the stuff one wears should be different); when i go to school, it's Issey time since it appeals to the bitches at school
    It's just another piece of accessories or expression of oneself. Some people like to put crazy looking shirts on, some people spritz non-generic fragrances. Colognes aren't just a random pair of socks you put on :P thnk of it as more like a tie or cufflinks

Toronto
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question

any opinions on Yves st. laurent Body Kouros? Both my current "gfs" adore the stuff to the point of spraying it on their stuff so that it reminds them of me, but I don't get many comments on it at clubs....anything?

Miami, FL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the cliffs convention dvds, Will says to put on a scented hand lotion, use a womens body spray and your own cologne on your neck. That way you just smell great everywhere and it blends really nice.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated with a new online outlet and a 10% discount code that anyone can use.
    Keneth Cole Black was updated as well.
    Gucci Envy was also added
    Issey Miyake - L'Eau D'Issey added too
    I really like the idea of adding a '4 outta 5 PUAs reccomend' to each, but I'd like to get more feedback on what people are using/their thoughts on any others.
    A lot of guys are really taking this advice to heart and we still have room to grow. Imagine having a tool that covers something like this as thouroghly as possible? Imagine going into Saphora and messing with the sales girls because you know your shit!
    If anyone is running the Cologne Opener - what are your results? Which ones are winning? which ones are you facing off against?
    What other scents do you guys like? there are over 2,000 members on this board and we've only scratched the surface.
    Last edited by GameBoy; 02-25-2006 at 02:06 PM.
    -GameBoy

Toronto
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm

well, i used to wear perry ellis "masculine" and always got positive feedback from it, although in the period that I was wearing it i was only with 2 girls. I was a light cool scent, but no lemoney cause I can't stand that stuff. In either case, i decided to go for something completely opposite, so i went for that. It's really sweet and really heavy, with just a hint of spicy. At clubs I get little comment on it, cause it's not pungent (which is another reason I like it). But on subways and at my pool hall about half the time that I'm talking to chicks, I get comments on it!

Calgary
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dolce & Gabbana
    Dolce & Gabbana

A refined, masculine balance of sophisticated scents.
    Base Scent: Cedar, Tonka bean, Sandalwood, Musk.
    Primary scents: Lemon, Clary Sage, Lavender, Tarragon.
    Secondary: Coriander, Pepper, Geranium, Cinnamon.
    Suitable for casual wear but recommended for evenings.
    Price:
    2.5 oz. - $37.99
    4.2 oz. - $46.99
    What others have said:
    Adonis – “I followed recommendation from David D’s stuff, He had recommended Dolce-and-Gabanna, me and a group of mates went the perfume section of Myers and were trying the stuff out. Dolce and gabbana is good… cept the girls don’t really like it… but the guys do… So if you get this one, u might wanna watch your back.?
    GameBoy – “I expected a richer scent with this one. What I found was a bland, but very nice, musk scent. In fact, because it is so smooth, I find it cuts well with other colognes. This will bring out that missing level of depth. My favorite is to mix Dolce & Gabanna with Versace Black Jeans. It’s a totally unique scent that - not only do I love - but it's so different (in a good way when mixed PROPERLY)?
    I have this scent as well It was a gift from an Old boss. A more refined smell for special occasions. Not really a Scent I use when going to the bar. I also notice the gay guy (or sexualy different) at my bar likes it when i wear it...

Calgary
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calvin Klein Obsession

Another one of my scents (I have 4 all together and I want more...) Calvin Klein Obsession. I find it a very spicy smell, which I do enjoy wearing for casual events and the bar. When I went to the mall with my two colognes on Dolce-Gabanna and this one Chicks loved this one a lot more. But Not sure If you can take that opinion seriously cause Girls normally don't like Dolc-Gabanna. Wondering if anyone else has opinion on this one.
    Also GameBoy I was thinking of doing a little survey on colognes with the ladies if you are interested in hearing my idea let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i decided to try AXE a few months back to improve my game. Let me tell you it was a waste of my hard earned money! At first i was attracting more girls, but not because of AXE, because my confidence had increased because i thought that i was going to be a pimp like the commercials said.
    I think what attracted them was my confidence, not the expensive rip off AXE. Surely enough after a while my confidence drifted away and no girl would go for me with a 10 feet pole.
    its all about confidence, thats a product that wont cost you a dime, and is the most powerful chick attraction device. I think that people with confidence smell better too hehe j/k

Dallas/Fort Worth
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to wear Axe Tsunami and got a lot of compliments on it. I also tried Tag First Move and got a few on it as well. I still use them on rare occassions, like if I have to get dressed and run to the store real quick...

north carolina
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Research

I read in Maxim, Playboy or some other magazine that people did tests to find out the affects of scents. Anyways, the summary that I got out of it was Babypowder was good, then natural scent, and cologne had a negative impact. I cut and pasted parts of two articles. I still wear cologne though, because I think it shows that I care about myself.
    "According to Chicago neurologist Alan Hirsch Ph.D., men's cologne usually causes a decrease in women's vaginal blood flow unless it is a natural fresh scent. What makes a man appealing to most women are light sprays and deodorants on him, such as ocean breeze, kiwi, or a combination of baby powder and chocolate. The smell of his own clean skin with a little fresh sweat, combined with fresh fruity scents is the strongest attractant for a female. Probably this is what her old brain limbic system can relate to as being a pleasurable experience more so than modern chemical odors. "
    http://www.learnbodylanguage.org/pheromones.html
    Women, of course, are more complicated! Some smells seem to turn them off completely. Cherries, for example, and barbecue smoke. Unlike men, they respond positively to baby powder. Women who are easily aroused especially like liquorice, cucumber, lavender, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. But women who describe themselves as being hard to get generally do not respond to aromas, and they tend to actively dislike male perfumes and even liquorice and cucumber.
    http://www.nationaudio.com/News/Dail...y130720031.htm
    I wish I still had the study. They tested women by heart rate, bloodflow, etc.
    Hirsch AR, Gruss J, Bermale, C, Zagorski D, Schroder MA. The effects of odors on female sexual arousal. Psychosomatic Medicine 60. p95. -- Increase in vaginal blood flow. Notable odors: "good and plenty" + cucumber: +13%, baby powder +13%, lavender and pumpkin pie +11%, baby powder and chocolate +4%, perfume +1%, men's cologne -1%, charcoal bbq meat -14%, cherry -19%.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HBVice;
    I've read similar articles, and, while this is helpful, the results relating to 'mens cologne' can not be relied upon. (Hang on and I'll explain why)
    The info on female reactions to other scents is valuable info. I've read similar studies before but haven't had their text available for copy. Thanks for posting them.
    The 'cologne' portion is unreliable however. The reason? There is no discussion as to what cologne was used in the test or what ingredients it contains.
    The fact is; the makers of men's cologne are pretty in-tune with what women like to smell. Why do you think Acqua is so popular? It's one of the greenest scents around.
    The human body processes smell and taste in a simalar manner. Different imput signals are classified into categories and these categories are used by the body as a regulatory system. For example:
    Taste-buds in the tongue process several different tastes (eg. Bitter, sweet, sour, salty) If too much of any one taste is received; your body realizes that you're probably over-doing it on this substance and makes it less desirable (you'll feel full, or simply not interested in it.) Food-makes know this and so they work tirelessly to 'hack' this system.
    Cherios have an almost perfect balance of sweet and salty. You never get too much of either from the substance so you can eat until your stomach is full. (Because the faster you go through the box, the more boxes they can sell and the better their sales numbers are.)
    A good fragrence works in a similar manner.
    Believe me - the folks making this stuff understand how the system works - and they're doing their best to exploit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HBVice
    I read in Maxim, Playboy or some other magazine that people did tests to find out the affects of scents. Anyways, the summary that I got out of it was Babypowder was good, then natural scent, and cologne had a negative impact. I cut and pasted parts of two articles. I still wear cologne though, because I think it shows that I care about myself.
    "According to Chicago neurologist Alan Hirsch Ph.D., men's cologne usually causes a decrease in women's vaginal blood flow unless it is a natural fresh scent. What makes a man appealing to most women are light sprays and deodorants on him, such as ocean breeze, kiwi, or a combination of baby powder and chocolate. The smell of his own clean skin with a little fresh sweat, combined with fresh fruity scents is the strongest attractant for a female. Probably this is what her old brain limbic system can relate to as being a pleasurable experience more so than modern chemical odors. "
    http://www.learnbodylanguage.org/pheromones.html
    Women, of course, are more complicated! Some smells seem to turn them off completely. Cherries, for example, and barbecue smoke. Unlike men, they respond positively to baby powder. Women who are easily aroused especially like liquorice, cucumber, lavender, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. But women who describe themselves as being hard to get generally do not respond to aromas, and they tend to actively dislike male perfumes and even liquorice and cucumber.
    http://www.nationaudio.com/News/Dail...y130720031.htm
    I wish I still had the study. They tested women by heart rate, bloodflow, etc.
    Hirsch AR, Gruss J, Bermale, C, Zagorski D, Schroder MA. The effects of odors on female sexual arousal. Psychosomatic Medicine 60. p95. -- Increase in vaginal blood flow. Notable odors: "good and plenty" + cucumber: +13%, baby powder +13%, lavender and pumpkin pie +11%, baby powder and chocolate +4%, perfume +1%, men's cologne -1%, charcoal bbq meat -14%, cherry -19%.
    -GameBoy

Cascadia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear Marc Jacobs for Men, sometimes Hugo. That's when I wear cologne, but my school has a strict policy against it (messes with our sense of taste.. culinary school, eh?). So I just wear it on the weekends.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Charlie: Which HUGO?
    as for Marc Jacobs - this really is a fantastic cologne. It's not too overbearing and the powery texture is rather uncommon. My only problem is that with my skin chemistry, it dissipates rather quickly.
    Going back to the Acqua thread at the start - yesterday i was eating out with a friend and when we went to leave, we passed through a haze of Acqua Di Gio. It was a rather nice place and 3 guys had layered themselves in the stuff.
    Guys - you don't want your scent to be omipresent. Be subtle. Be refined. Don't shower in the stuff!
    In this very thread Hysteria has a good post on how to apply cologne and this is also covered in my PUA Cologne Guide.
    -GameBoy

SF Bay Area
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great post GameBoy, very informative. I am looking to add some colognes to my repertoire soon so this comes at a great time.
    I am no connoisseur of fine scents and after trying a bunch I now merely have 2 colognes in my current rotation as that's all I thought I would ever need previously.
    Cool Waters (Davidoff): My day cologne, light, fresh, and airy. Great for work, working out at the gym, and everyday errands on the town. I feel the scent tends to wear out in a few hours and doesn't have the best longetivity after application.
    Black (Kenneth Cole): My night cologne, I love it. A fairly strong scent that I think is somewhat distinctive and pleasant smelling but not complex. The scent seems to improve a few minutes after the application. It has great longetivity and will still retain most of the smell hours later.
    ---
    I've used the Cologne Opener as my primary opener for an entire sarge night once with the above two colognes. Granted it was an unfair comparison as it was in the evening but the majority of women favored Black over Cool Waters under those circumstances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another interesting one would be <a href=http://www.pherlure.com/i/i.php?id=2050>http://www.prelure.com</a> Seems like the only product to contain Di-Dehydroepiandrosterone, which is said to increase sexual attractiveness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do those Pheromone sprays really work?

You always see those ads online or somewhere about people advertising pheromone sprays that make you more attractive on a chemical level, while for the most part when its natural I suppose it works, I've always regarded the sprays as a gimmick that prolly doesn't work.
    but I saw this post earlier today so I figured I'd ask
    so now I have no idea.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eventide
    Great post GameBoy, very informative. I am looking to add some colognes to my repertoire soon so this comes at a great time.
    I am no connoisseur of fine scents and after trying a bunch I now merely have 2 colognes in my current rotation as that's all I thought I would ever need previously.
    Cool Waters (Davidoff): My day cologne, light, fresh, and airy. Great for work, working out at the gym, and everyday errands on the town. I feel the scent tends to wear out in a few hours and doesn't have the best longetivity after application.
    Black (Kenneth Cole): My night cologne, I love it. A fairly strong scent that I think is somewhat distinctive and pleasant smelling but not complex. The scent seems to improve a few minutes after the application. It has great longetivity and will still retain most of the smell hours later.
    ---
    I've used the Cologne Opener as my primary opener for an entire sarge night once with the above two colognes. Granted it was an unfair comparison as it was in the evening but the majority of women favored Black over Cool Waters under those circumstances.
    Great feedback Eventide!
    When wearing cologne at the gym, I want to caution you: Body heat and persperation will ram-up the effects of any artificial scent that you're wearing. Go light with the application - if you use any at all.
    If you are determined to wear a scent - I'd suggest application behind the knees. Most-likely it will be an exposed area and scent wats upwards. Anythign applied directly to your chest or arms will quickly create an overwhelming cloud that many may find offensive - and this is the exact opposite of what you're trying to achieve.
    -GameBoy

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ringshifter
    You always see those ads online or somewhere about people advertising pheromone sprays that make you more attractive on a chemical level, while for the most part when its natural I suppose it works, I've always regarded the sprays as a gimmick that prolly doesn't work.
    but I saw this post earlier today so I figured I'd ask
    so now I have no idea.
    Sup Ringshifter
    I'm at work now, so most of my catalogued material isn't at hand, but I'll do my best to give a suitable reply since that quote above came from me:
    Do pheromone products work?
    The best answer that I can give is: They seem to.
    If that answer works for you - take it. If you'd like to learn more - read on, but this is going to be long. (You can also skip ahead to the specific portion relation to Pheromone Products and skip the history lesson: Look for the bold area below
    Fact: Pheromones exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Howard Hughes Medical Institute
    The first pheromone ever identified (in 1956) was a powerful sex attractant for silkworm moths. A team of German researchers worked 20 years to isolate it. After removing certain glands at the tip of the abdomen of 500,000 female moths, they extracted a curious compound. The minutest amount of it made male moths beat their wings madly in a "flutter dance." This clear sign that the males had sensed the attractant enabled the scientists to purify the pheromone. Step by step, they removed extraneous matter and sharply reduced the amount of attractant needed to provoke the flutter dance.
    This was the beginning. In this instant we knew that odorless chemicals could be interpreted by the amygdale and go on to alter our moods/feeling/personal biology.
    Pheromones were studies with interest for the next 30 years and by 1970 we had a firm grasp of what they were and how they function. . 'Animal pheromones were so well understood, by the late 70's, that manufacturers were marketing them as pest controls; pheromones were used to lure and divert animals and bugs to traps to prevent crop and flower damage.'
    Then, in 1986, a peer-reviewed study was conducted on the effects of pheromones on humans
    Quote Originally Posted by The Washington Post. Front page 11/18/86
    Although animals have long been known to secrete pheromones, which typically function as sex attractants, and although the existence of such chemicals in humans has long been speculated, the new research is the first to establish their existence in humans
    Quote Originally Posted by TIME Magazine Headline 12/1/1986
    Studies find that male pheromones are good for women's health
    Quote Originally Posted by TIME
    male scents play a role in maintaining the health of women, particularly the health of the female reproductive system..."If you look at all the data, the conclusion is compelling. A man or his essence seems essential for an optimally fertile system." Nor did Cutler shrink from the commercial possibilities. "My dream," she said, "is that manufactured male essence, in creams, sprays or perfumes, can dramatically alter the well-being of women."
    "I think we've finally answered the question. Pheromone effects are real in human beings..." said George Preti, who collaborated on the research...with Winnifred B. Cutler. ***Cutler is an authority on the relationship between sexual behavior and hormones...***
    Evidence present in this highlighted study was also coming about:
    *Women with unusually long or short menstrual cycles get closer-to-average cycles after regularly inhaling male essence, described as a compound of male sweat, hormones and natural body odors. "You just walk into a male locker room," Cutler says, "that's the odor."
    *Women exposed to another woman's "female essence" menstruated at the same time after a few months, confirming a long-observed phenomenon that women who live together menstruate at the same time.
    So, what are pheromones?
    "A pheromone is any chemical produced by a living organism that transmits a message to other members of the same species. There are alarm pheromones, food trail pheromones, sex pheromones, and many others." - Source: Wickipedia.com
    I'm sure you've seen a trail of ants walking across your kitchen counter before. What do you think they're following? Ants lay down a pheromone trail for other ants to follow.
    Pheromones in humans are believed to be produced by the apocrine glands. These glands become functional after reaching puberty, which could explain why most people develop an attraction for others at that time. Pheromones could also be the reason why a person can sense "chemistry", or feel an instant attraction or dislike when first meeting someone.
    So ok, that's a lot to read through - I agree. But, with so much propagandized information and urban-legend associated with Pheromones and Pheromone Products; I felt that a crash-course was needed.
    Based upon the above (and perhaps your own observations) I'm sure you'll agree that pheromones exist and that they have an effect. But what does that mean for Pheromone products?
    I was asking if THESE things work, not if Pheromones exist! - Fair point. In my opinion, a well-made pheromone product should work, although the effects will probably not be attributed to the pheromones themselves - since this is a subconscious processing.
    The best study that I have seen was a double-blind test where 3 men each talked to a series of women. 20 different women were interviewed by the men each day for 3 days. 1 out of the 3 days a different man applied (and HOW the application was done or the concentration present were not discussed) the pheromone androstadienone. [This is a pheromone known to associate a potential mate and sometimes referred to as 'alpha smell']
    At the end of each day, the women were questioned as to who they liked more. With alarming results (I believe 66% [as opposed to the expected 33% of purely random results]) women were picking the pheromone user.
    When asked Why the picked him they almost always replied "I dunno... he has that "X-Factor". There's just something about him."
    This was the first study that really opened my eyes about pheromones as a whole.
    I can post much more information about pheromones if anyone likes, and many more news articles, but this should answer most questions to a sufficient degree.
    For more information on the discovery of Human pheromones:
    http://www.athenainstitute.com/discovery.html
    -GameBoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a personal preferance I really like the smell of Victorias Secret Very Sexy for Him 2. My last steady GF loved it as well as her friends on of them actaully made her BF switch to it.

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman
    Just a personal preferance I really like the smell of Victorias Secret Very Sexy for Him 2. My last steady GF loved it as well as her friends on of them actaully made her BF switch to it.
    MrWyne
    I've got both of the VS scentes and out of the two, i have to say that I like VS2 more. It's a greener scent that seems to open up more. Over all, I like it a lot and it's in the top of my day-time rotation.
    One scent that shares an awful lot in common with the VS fragrences is Angel Men (or A*Men) by Thierry Mugler. The chocolate in both is what really helps to draw a paralell, but i couldnt belive how similar these two were.
    For guys too embarassed to enter a Victorias Secret store; you might want to check out A*Men. (Althought I enjoy messing with the salesgirls there, but whatever works for you.)
    -GB
    -GameBoy

SF bay area.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cage
    bros i got comments from guys and girls last nite on how good i smelled, this 1 girl wouldnt leave me alone seriously she kept saying u smell so good. i even had dudes telling me this (not gay ones). and i only put on 1 spray on top of my left pectorial muscle. i put 1 measly spray on my shirt. its called azzaro onyx. check that out. my shirt still smells good haha.
    For those of you in the UK look for Azzaro Silver Black (this is the same thing)
    -GameBoy

Ocala, FL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 of my favs that always get compliments, IOIs ("you smell good, what kind of cologne are you wearing?") are Burberry Brit and Givenchy. Scope 'em next time your at the counter of a department store.