Learning to Dance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learning to Dance

Hey guys, okay I know there have been a load of threads on dancing but ive got a few different questions so lets see who has the answers. Basically I want to know what people recommend as a style for something they could use in clubs. I mean like is Hip Hop good for clubs or not because it seems a lot more active than what people normally do when they are in clubs. Eg although Usher is a good dancer wouldnt it be a bit out of place to do that in a club and dont you need a lot more room? I know people recommend Salsa but again, apart from Salsa nights at bars or clubs is that usable in your standard club setting?
    Another quick question, do any of you guys who go out sarging alone dance. I mean ive gone out with groups of girls and because im socially proofed i can then get dancing with HBs but I think that if I just go and dance without being in a group first then it might look a bit weird (although I am mentally scarred from seeing a rugby player doing ballet on his own one time at my uni club...it takes all sorts)

Dark Side of the Moon Baby
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry its long felllas!

hey man great question I'm sorry I didnt get to it before the weekend so you could apply some of what I say in your dancing these last few nights
    so here we go
    if I were you I would not limit myself to what you take for dance classses
    hip hop is beneficial to any club dancer because you'll learn what hooks and beats go with what moves

what does happen if you are just a hip hop dancer in the club (like usher (saw this on friday)) is you can dance like a mother fucker, but it just seems like your trying way to hard and people will laugh at you, I fucking did, these 2 guys just looked funny, while some girls did dig them for a short while they just went away and danced with their friends, I think this is just cause they couldn't keep up.

I love the salsa thing and I don't think its bad to know, whereas you might not use it all the time, the clubs here (up in Edmonton) do often play 2-3 songs in the course of a night that you can salsa to, and people who salsa to it look real good, guys are jealose if you can dance salsa cause guaranteed you will dance with a HB, and the girls will want to dance with you for the next song, play a jealosy plot line here.

your third point, I personally feel uncomfortable dancing alone, or going out on the dancefloor by myself, so it helps if you have a group of people to dance with (for me at least) I'm working on this but its gonna take more time for sure.
    my recomendations would be defiersify your dancing portfolio

good styles to include would be
    Hip - Hop
    Swing
    Salsa
    Country

if anyone has wants to add to this please do!
    Last edited by Fresno Smooth; 01-25-2007 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice mate, ill look into those classes.

Sydney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey RedDragon, heres my spin on things.
    Ive done hip hop classes, and yeah youre right that a lot of the moves taught in the classes may look out of place in a club, even a dedicated hip hip venue.
    The main reason i did it was for confidence and to be able to better "feel" the music. Most guys cant dance for shit (girls cant either actually, they just look a bit smoother thats all ) but what any class will teach you is to step in time with the music and to move ALL of your body.
    Too many times you will see guys just moving their arms (chicks do this too - i neg them all the time about dancing like a chicken while flapping my arms) without moving anything else. A dance class will show you how to move your BODY as a whole - looks a whole lot better.
    This will then give you increased confidence and you will naturally look a whole lot better out there.
    In terms of the type of class, hip hop is fine, so is salsa.
    And about dancing when out alone, i actually did this the other weekend in indonesia- if youve got the right frame, people will open up. That being said, i dont make a habit of it, it was just something i felt like doing at the time.
    Hope this helps
    One day my signature will be multi-coloured, multi layered, and show links to my greatest posts.... for now italics will do me....

San Francisco
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to Salsa with Mobius today in SF. Danced with probably one of the hottest latin girls I've seen in a while, the other girl was south American and super cute too. I was noob so I played the beginners card, hey, are you good, can you teach me? This is my first real dance. Usually they will say yes. No need to run game if you're a beginner, just be genuine and willing to learn.

Dark Side of the Moon Baby
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_wolf View Post
    I went to Salsa with Mobius today in SF. Danced with probably one of the hottest latin girls I've seen in a while, the other girl was south American and super cute too. I was noob so I played the beginners card, hey, are you good, can you teach me? This is my first real dance. Usually they will say yes. No need to run game if you're a beginner, just be genuine and willing to learn.
    right on I'm gonna try this at my dance class

Netherlands - Brabant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Topic!
    A few years ago, I was a Ballroom and latin dancer,
    I also danced some competetions
    It was a good way to meet HB's.. But not useful in the club's.
    I've heard some guys about swing dance..
    Anybody happen to know how they call in in europe??
    Streetdance is also very popular around here, but when you do that in a club, you look like youre trying to hard. or as a show off..

San Francisco, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

salsa game

Man,
    Nothing has helped my game more than learning to dance. I teach salsa and take hip hop classes now. Hip hop classes are good mostly for co-ordination and hearing beats and dancing in tune. Most hiphop classes aren't going to teach you how to dance in a club; it's usually choreography typical to a music video such as one by usher, missy elliot, etc. While you shouldn't take these steps to the club, you should most definitely take the skills you'll build - in particular dancing and emphasizing on beats. Plus, body rolls are hot.
    Salsa is bad ass. You don't even need salsa music to use it. A turn is a turn is a turn no matter what you're listening to, and having sweet turns always impresses a girl that likes to dance. More particularly, look for cuban-style dancing over ballroom if you want a fun, street flair. The single best website for finding cuban style dancers, clubs, and classes throughout the world is http://www.salsapower.com I use this site in every city I travel to and have never once been disappointed in the outcome of where they recommend on what days. Nothing has single-handedly raised the quality and quantity of pickups more so than this. Additionally, I use this as one ofmy first DHV in nearly every pick up.
    Hope that helps,
    Mobius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In most clubs they'll play a few latin songs at some point. Learning basic salsa steps and a few twirls is always a plus for those occasions. Otherwise just practice clapping your fingers to the music.
    Heres a little "trick" that's interesting. Club music (rap) usualy works in 4 bar loops. At the end of the 4th bar, the beat will usualy change a little before going back into another 4 bar. Thats a good time to make a "special" move or something. It will seem like you know the song and are really feeling the music.

Stockholm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hip-hop and street dancing

If you going to take dancing lessons, do it because it's fun and you want to. Not to impress anyone on the dance floor. Hip-hop and street dancing is probably a great way to become good at dancing, but please don't show it of unless your on a stage or something. Once your an awesome dancer you'll be able to move smoothly to the beat on the dance floor and thats all you need to do. No need to show of any fancy moves.. Unless you want to look like a try hard, attention seeking moron who just take up a lot of space.
    Once your on the dance floor you should focus on the music!! Not what your feet are doing or how you think other people perceive you.. that will fuck things up for you. Relax and have fun with it.
    And yeah, what Scooby said: don't move your arms around. You'll look stupid and besides.. you might punch somebody in the face or spill there drink. Only assholes do that.
    Good luck to you

San Francisco, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mange View Post
    If you going to take dancing lessons, do it because it's fun and you want to. Not to impress anyone on the dance floor. Hip-hop and street dancing is probably a great way to become good at dancing, but please don't show it of unless your on a stage or something. Once your an awesome dancer you'll be able to move smoothly to the beat on the dance floor and thats all you need to do. No need to show of any fancy moves.. Unless you want to look like a try hard, attention seeking moron who just take up a lot of space.
    Depends on your definition of fancy. If you're trying to do a routine from an Usher video and taking up the entire dance floor, then yes, please step to the side. If you're having fun, who cares? A guy confident in his dancing not only will get opened himself, but will find it MUCH easier to open sets dancing. Girls see you on the floor and want to dance with guys that know how to dance.
    Personally, I dance now because I enjoy doing so. But it's also helped tremendously in picking up women. So much on this forum is about going outside your comfort zone and learning something new for both inner and outer game. Why is learning to dance any different?
    Once your on the dance floor you should focus on the music!! Not what your feet are doing or how you think other people perceive you.. that will fuck things up for you. Relax and have fun with it.
    What your feet are doing is probably the most important part of staying on beat.
    And yeah, what Scooby said: don't move your arms around. You'll look stupid and besides.. you might punch somebody in the face or spill there drink. Only assholes do that.
    You look worse if your hands are by your side. Keep them by your waist or flowing with your body. Flapping - as Scooby said -- looks ridiculous. But so does keeping them down the whole time or, even worse, in your pockets.
    Simarly to how people get started with Game by watching naturals, go to a club that is not all white people. Especially in a place with good hip hop music, watch the people who look good dancing with girls on the floor.
    It's an asshole who gets upset if someone knocks him on the dance floor. Even more of an asshole is the guy who gets upset after he brought a drink on to the floor.
    Mobius

Stockholm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dancing street or hip-hop in a dance class is very different from what you normally would do in a club. Lets just say it's a bit to advanced. Very choreographed and rehearsed.. looks kind of awkward on a dance floor if you ask me. Why would you do that? Is it to get attention or to have fun..? If you know have to dance it will show ether way.
    And yes, what your feet are doing is important. That's why you should already know what to do with them once your on the dance floor. I'm not saying you shouldn't pay attention to your feet, just don't put your main focus there.. it will slow them down.
    About the arm moving thing.. well, you got a point there. It depends on how you do it I guess. Moving the your arms around is fine as long as it doesn't look forced. I'm not saying you should put the hands in you pocket, just don't wave them around in an uncontrolled fashion. That's kind of annoying and doesn't impress anyone. People with no control of what there doing on the dance floor isn't exactly cool imo.
    Look man, as long as you dance naturally and don't try to hard to look good you can dance anyway you like. It's all about a feeling really.. it's kind of elusive.
    And as for the definition of an asshole, lets just say that "Assholes" might be a bit harsh choice of a word that I tend to throw away lightly. Please don't take offence.
    Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take any dance class really. Although a hip hop class is more structured it will get you moving to the beat. I used to teach people how to dance and the number one problem is that people are just too stiff and aren't relaxed. Like a PUA needs calibration a dancer needs to be relaxed and go with the flow of music and the the only way to do either is through experience. Take a couple classes in a variety of things and you'll be light years ahead of everyone on the dance floor.
    The great thing about dancing it quickly can reenergize a set and introduce or escalate kino quickly.
    I'd go with Salsa and Hip Hop. Take a couple classes of each and choose which ever one you prefer it doesn't really matter.

San Francisco, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pimpin all over the Floor

Looks like we're not as far off as I originally thought. I agree, I don't think it's smooth to take choreography from the studio to the club. We're in total agreement there. Moving around out of control and taking up space keeps others *off* the floor, which is something you should certainly avoid. That's also the reason I stopped breakdancing in clubs; it would make everyone who was having fun and dancing stop what they're doing.
    I have pretty thick skin, no worries about me taking offense. My only point in responding strongly was so that readers of the thread shouldn't necessarily feel that the only way to look good on the dancefloor is to minimize, a la the movie Hitch. You can look good without being either obnoxious or a minimalist, bringing with it immediate DHV.
    As Ludacris so beautifully put it in Pimpin all over the World, if you're on the dance floor, and there are no ladies within 3 feet of you, You are Not Pimpin.
    Mobius

Michigan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learning to dance 2

I was gonna reply with this to the first learning to dance thread but its like locked so, I'm starting a new one.

I have never been good at picking up girls by just talking to them(Thats why I'm on this forum trying to learn). But I have always been good at picking up girls on the dance floor ever since my freshman year in college when I learned how to c-walk.
    I just want to let you guys know that if you are really good at dancing, girls are going to notice. Now, when I go to fraternity parties or clubs and dance, people will gather around me and watch. What can be a better social proofing than that? Girls will literally be grabbing me at dance floors trying to dance with me after that.
    I do a mix of c-walk, breakdancing, and hip hop dance moves. I also do some free hand glowsticking at rave style parties(Not shaking your glowsticks everywhere like some idiots do but organized, hand coordinated movements looks awesome.)
    Heres some links that will help you learn how to do any of the dances mentioned earler. But you gotta practice, practice, practice. Also, learn go with the beat. Even if your moves aren't really good, you will look good if you go with the beat.

Forum for Breakdancing
    http://www.bboy.org/
    Melbourne Shuffle - I guess its popular in Australia and Thailands. I put it in there with my c-walk moves.
    http://www.xes.cx/mp3.htm
    Glowsticking.com They have some good articles if you wanna learn how to glowstick. They also have some stuff about breakdancing, popping, etc on the forum.
    http://www.glowsticking.com/
    3 guys C-walking. I've prolly watched this video like 50 times to steal their moves.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtOBq5oqS1Y

Michigan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, I also have advice about dance floor grinding.

I think that rule of approach applies on the dance floor too. 3 sec rule and don't just go up to a chick from right behind her and start grinding on her. Just dance in front of her or at an angle from her by yourself but make sure she notices you and she knows that you notice her(Eye contacts, imitating her moves, whatever). When you think that she feels comfortable with you, start grinding up on her from the front. This works for me most of the time. I think this shows more confidence and fun personality than just sneeking up to a girl from behind and grinding up on her like AFCs do.

Some more tips.

Don't be shy. As soon as you know shes comfortable with you dancing with her, put your hands on her hips pull her really close to you and lead her movements. When you know shes really comfortable with you, start rubbing one of your hand on her thighs. When you know shes really really really comfortable with you, and shes wearing a skirt, put your hand under her skirt and you know the rest.

Learn how to move your hips You know how hot girls shake their ass on the dance floor. Watch their hip movements. Go home, stand in front of the mirror and try to imitate it. Try to learn how to move your hips better than those girls so when you are grinding with them, you can lead their moves.

Get low I've heard this hundreds of times. "I have never danced with a guy that can get low as you." Ever since Lil John - Get Low came out, girls like to get low on the dance floor. You want to get low with them when you are grinding with them. You gotta have strong leg muscles for this but I found a way to cheat. Since you are probably on her ass for this, she isnt going to see you. As you get down on the floor, bend your knees, arch your back, and support yourself with your right arm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats some good shit. I've always sucked at dancing and I think c-walking looks simple enough to practice (there's some good how to vids on youtube) and can be incorporated into a lot of stuff. My only question is....my roommate said you have to be careful doin it around african-americans (unless your one urself) bc they can get pissed. My initial reaction is, who cares wtf they think but have you experienced any trouble like that?

Midwest/South
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by 9Breaker View Post
    Thats some good shit. I've always sucked at dancing and I think c-walking looks simple enough to practice (there's some good how to vids on youtube) and can be incorporated into a lot of stuff. My only question is....my roommate said you have to be careful doin it around african-americans (unless your one urself) bc they can get pissed. My initial reaction is, who cares wtf they think but have you experienced any trouble like that?
    yeah, you C-walk in a club and a few brothers happen to be affiliated with Bloods and you've just won an ass kicking.

I dont C-walk. If someone wants to against me they get burned on the dance floor and never come back. They know better than to dance against me.

Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learn Salsa!

Seriously, the best thing I ever did. Helped me in so, so many ways!

Just do it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Tanaka View Post
    I have never been good at picking up girls by just talking to them(Thats why I'm on this forum trying to learn). But I have always been good at picking up girls on the dance floor ever since my freshman year in college when I learned how to c-walk.
    I have learned the c-walk, and for pretty much the same reason as you...but what i don't get is how to use it on the actual dancefloor. It seems to me you'd look out of place as everyone is rocking back and forth all nice and hip, while you're bouncing all over hell claiming your crip-hood. And you don't do it the entire time right?

Midwest/South
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh, I've opened so many sets dancing that it's ridiculous. Just last night at an open outdoor bar set after set kept turning and pointing to me as I was just busting out some new stuff I was working on while they were playing old school hip hop. As I made my way to the bar all I kept hearing was "you're a good dancer" high fives from guys, chicks staring etc. Mind you I always go out by myself but I ended up in a mixed set and we venue changed to another bar and ended up having pizza later and kiss closing with one of
    the girls in the set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My problem is going to a club and NOT dancing...

I sometimes go to the club just to dance and not pick up chicks...

I break dance... And house/tribal/techno frolic (dance).... search Milton Crobar...

This is because I go to Techno Clubs... in NYC Pacha, Crobar E.t.C....

Learn to break dance.... chicks dig that

and salsa as well :-)

Toronto
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This a little more simple for me since I been dancing since I was 5 years old. but if you really want to take up dancing, best i would suggest is Marengue, salsa, rumba. those are the best for clubs in my personal oppion even though I preffer Classical more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick101 View Post
    My problem is going to a club and NOT dancing...

I sometimes go to the club just to dance and not pick up chicks...

I break dance... And house/tribal/techno frolic (dance).... search Milton Crobar...

This is because I go to Techno Clubs... in NYC Pacha, Crobar E.t.C....

Learn to break dance.... chicks dig that

and salsa as well :-)
    Their are a lot of people that are against bboying in clubs, thinking its try hard.

I say "If you got it flaunt it", i have had so many warm approaches due to my dancing that before i got into the MM that was the only way i talked to girls at the bar. They would come up to me and tell me how great i was a dancing.

Last night i had an entire club talking about me and my dancing. I would have got a good chance to meet some girls if i didnīt accidentally slip while trying to climb up on stage and cut up my jaw (4 stitches). A friend said when ever she went to the bath room all the girls were talking about the canadian in the green fedora.

And a shout out to all my fellow bboy PUAs i think there are about 3 of us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have an xbox or ps2 you can play DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION!!!!
    Seriously! .... not only is it ridiculously fun and satisfying...you will stay in shape (if you become skilled) and you will learn how to follow a beat.
    Its not "real" dancing although before I played I was a terrible dancer..now I can atleast pretend. I have acquired much better coordination and timing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you shouldn't forget that danceing is a big part of a girls social life. They do it for fun. Not so much to pick up men. Maybe you meat a girl in a bar and bounce to a club. You need to be able to enjoy yourself. If she likes to dance, You can take her danceing and if she has fun (more than likely) she will want to spend more time with you. You automaticly become more compatible because you have more in comon.

Oh those links to U-tube on C-walking are excelent I am going to use that a lot.
    Last edited by chris3; 08-30-2007 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think I'll ever be a good dancer. It's hard when you're tall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dancing is a great way to meet people, and to project that you're a fun, high-value guy who is comfortable in his own skin.

Fortunately for all of us, the standards for dancing in clubs are rather low. You don't need moves like Astaire in order to have fun and not look like a dork. Just practice some simple moves and learn to riff on them. If you're not sure where to start, I highly recommend checking out this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=4SItPGEsjLQ . Bust out some of this stuff in a club, and you will own the place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Geezer View Post
    I dont think I'll ever be a good dancer. It's hard when you're tall.
    I am 6'3" - 6'4" and I consider myself a great dancer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hearts View Post
    I am 6'3" - 6'4" and I consider myself a great dancer.
    Throw tips my way lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Geezer View Post
    Throw tips my way lol
    http://www.bboy.org/forums/funk-style-forum/

That board has all the tips you need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting circles in clubs. When i go out with my friends we always try to start our own cirlces usually around when the clubs energy goes down becuz the dj plays a wack song that nobody likes.the floor clears out partialy leaving space for anyone to take over it.because usually the next song is going to be a REALLY HYPE song that everyone knows and likes so we make a circle bring the energy up (KIND OF LIKE A SOUL TRAIN THING) when everyone starts feelin what were doing watching us in the middle...we'll reach for a girl and bring her in regardless if she wants to act as if shes shy...when this happens i notice girls r watching how im dancing with the girl ive brought into the middle and when the cirlce fades i approach the girls who ive seen seeing me during are circle there quick to respond...
    TRY IT OUT! make a circle like a house party

Cincinnati, OH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a huge difference between dancing for a video, and dancing in the clubs. Now I can't dance like Usher, of course, but anyone can learn 8 or so basic hip-hop moves, put 'em together, and be good to go for the club. I learned the basics from a DVD called Learn Hip-Hop Moves For The Club, I think it was. 45 minutes of teaching, a bit of practice on each move, built up a few little routines for various kinds of music, and out I went. I'm a 43 y/o white man, so if I can do it, anyone can. lol.
    "Curiousity killed the cat... but for a while I was a suspect."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont dance. I prefer venues with no dance floor, and no free space for spontaneous dancing. If I must dance, which on the rarest of occasions I do, I get by with a two step.

In a great reality
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COuld be bad for rep (I AM reading all your tips in this thread guys), but here's something to consider:

Going to learn how to dance... like dance places... you can meet some nice chicas, ustedes caballeros. ^_~ Might not be a guarantee, but at least you'll be close to LADIES after all. Practice your game on them, perchance?

Once I find a job, I'll see about joining a dance place for taht. ^^
    Last edited by Extranjeras; 10-02-2007 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Spanish typo

Cincinnati, OH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Extranjeras View Post
    COuld be bad for rep (I AM reading all your tips in this thread guys), but here's something to consider:

Going to learn how to dance... like dance places... you can meet some nice chicas, ustedes caballeros. ^_~ Might not be a guarantee, but at least you'll be close to LADIES after all. Practice your game on them, perchance?

Once I find a job, I'll see about joining a dance place for taht. ^^
    Sounds like an excellent idea, actually.
    "Curiousity killed the cat... but for a while I was a suspect."

Baldinwin Park, Ca
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey guys jus puttin this out there. im a pomoter in la and invitin you guys to check it out its a club SUGAR in hollywood. 1716 n chauenga blvd. interestin enough lask week i saw a couple of the guys from the pickup artist there, kosmo n joe d and i think there was another. message me for the guestlist

In a great reality
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, dang, in LA? Hmm...

But aye, style of dance affects the game I believe. I mean, what shows you got the hots: tango, salsa, ballroom, rumba, break-dancing, twist, swing...?

But if you got no style of dance at all, it is helpful to know how to swing with the music, right? Like sway left and right, snapping fingers, whatever-- as long as you show you can move with the music you have SOME luck unless the girl wants you to show some moves.

Hmm, speaking of snapping fingers, is it helpful at all to know gangsta steps (lean wit' it, rock wit' it; snap yo fingers; zoom zoom; superman, etc...)? Shows you are PROBABLY knowledgeable about what the top artists do, but what vaule does it have at all, even if you do the move REALLY well?

Those kinds of moves can only get you so far, I think. But, hey, sometimes they're just fun to do. *snaps fingers*.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just picked up Salsa lessons in LA and visited a few salsa clubs. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Holy shit, its a gold mine in salsa clubs.

Difference between normal hiphop nightclub vs salsa club.

In hiphop clubs, the men are wallflowers. Almost 100% of the time, men outnumber the woman in a club. Additionally, groups of like 5 women can dance together. Men get rejected.

Now for a salsa club (im noob, just starting to learn)
    Woman outnumber men!!! (WTF!()!!?!?!?) The clubs i went to were extremely popular and world class salsa dancers go there. I can honestly say there were 3 HBs for every male dancer. And if you were good, OMG.
    Girls here are wallflowers, its actually quite entertaining to watch a HB 8 sit there alone for an hour without a SINGLE guy approaching them. They dont know what to do or how to handle this type of "rejection." It felt good when the tables were turned (GIRLS CANNOT DANCE IN THEIR OWN GROUPS = OWNED) Its a huge blow to their self-esteem when their FUGLY friend goes off and dances and they are sitting in the corner alone.

The trick is to find a club where they offer salsa lessons earlier in the night. You get to meet a bunch of HB noobs and as soon as the clubs rockin, simply find them and dance. The other HBs in the clubs will be sitting around watching like wallflowers . Also you can WALK up to any girl, ask her to dance (chance of acceptance = 95%) then after isolate and well you know

And the woman here are virtually all fit (1% chance of fatty) due to dancing. Absolutely stunning, i went on a slow night and there were HB9s sitting there alone in the corner.

The guys here SHOULD have a lot of game but there exceptions. These guys are tall, dark and handsome with light eyes. The type most girls shit themselves over but most of the guys ARE HERE TO DANCE (WTF LOL) not to pick up woman. Its a totally new mind-blowing environment, i could not comprehend.
    I saw this tall black guy that just shines PURE GAME. Successful (USC MBA), crazy dancer (girls shit themselves dancing with him), good looking, rich etc BUT was very AFC in many ways (kept DLVing infront of HBs). He would ask them to dance (huge DHV) but after he pulled them aside, he had no game. It was actually funny to watch the expressions of the woman he pulled - they had such high hopse but after 5 mins of conversation, it was completely Destroyed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I just posted some simillar stuff on a completly outdated thread so I'll repeate some of it here (heads up moderator gods).

What most of us call Hip Hop dancing isn't really Hip Hop. We're just moving to Hip Hop songs. There's a difference here and you guys are absolutly right, anyone mimicking usher's moves looks like he is trying too hard. The key is to keep things simple with moves like the side step (you've seen it in Hitch) and having fun. Grinding is also key but makesure you never start grinding from the back and try to ease into grinding instead of immediatly going for it. Switch things things up and do things other than grinding. Girls will appreciate that. Don't get me wrong, grinding is key, but grinding can also get boring. Take a step back, spin her around, do a few moves without even touching her and then come back in. As far as which moves to do, I won't insult you by saying just feel the beat. But I can assure you that confidence and eye contact can almosts completly mask your two left feet.

Now if you still want to learn, hip hop dance lessons is the way to go. For most of us, that's too expensive. That's why I would go with DVDs. Most Hip Hop DVDs teach you breakdancing, funky jazz moves, or popping and locking, which all can't be used in clubs.

Start with Salsa DVDs instead. These will teach you to move your body and especially your hips (super useful for grinding). I think one of the best Salsa DVDs is Learn To Dance Salsa. No need for multiple volumes, one DVD should be enough to get you started.

I would also get Hip Hop Moves For The Club (The Jedi mentioned it earlier) and maybe maybe Kelly Peters. Hip Hop Moves is a good video to learn very practical moves and step by step basic instruction on moves you would see in clubs. Kelly Peters is also good, but teaches hip hop that's way too core for me. Buy this one only if you're interested in the genre, not if you're looking to learn how to dance in clubs.

That's about it guys. Just remember that dancing should be fun and the less you worry about it, the more fun it will be. Liquor helps too :P

Now the only question left for me is what to do in clubs that play house and trance. I havn't found any good products or classes to help yet but I'll keep you posted.

http://www.amazon.com/Learn-Salsa-Da...2766266&sr=1-2
    http://learnclubdance.com/
    http://www.amazon.com/Kelly-Peters-M...2766499&sr=1-1
    Last edited by kgbrooklyn; 10-18-2007 at 08:03 PM. Reason: grammer and links

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=87kZJu9FJOw

this may help

club basics

Keeping the British end up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree, learning to dance is awesome.

This thread in itself inspired me to take up Salsa over 5 weeks ago (LA Style) and I am having a blast with it. Plenty of time to be social and work the room getting used to talking to people and opening sets (with so many women compared to guys its insane!)

Try not to be like so many of those guys propping up the bar with that "tough guys don't dance" attitude, Women love to dance and love guys who can dance.

Great stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish there was somewhere you could learn to DANCE. I mean not hip-hop, salsa, swing, or the Tennessee Waltz, just DANCE. Like in a club. I know those forms can help it just seems like that's the only kind of dancing people really do and nobody show you how to do it (!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Upgraydd View Post
    I wish there was somewhere you could learn to DANCE. I mean not hip-hop, salsa, swing, or the Tennessee Waltz, just DANCE. Like in a club. (!)

DVD rental places have "How to dance in Nightclubs" learning discs.

But you should try to take classes in Salsa, Swing and Hustle it will help you a lot.!

Later Buster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well dude, dancing like usher is what i call solo dance. Its a unique moving dhv that draws attention to your dancing skills. This is recommended for people who love to dance and arent shy about attention and do it as a hobbie, I.E. practice it. The ranges of hip hop dance usher does is pop lock, gliding, and cheography. Yes, you need a lot of room and confidence in this area.

The thing is about dancing with girls without being social proofed it easy. Simply start dancing with everybody, bust into the middle of group circles(preferrably girls) and pump the group up and dance with each person out of fun like a friend. Grab the dudes hand maybe and show some respect in a party manner(like one of your homies), and play about teasing the girls that dance, mock them a bit which is flirty, and do a dumber dance. Trust me they laugh, and your IN.

Salsa is another form of dance, and it usually uses another person actively. If you can find a salsa type girl or girl who is leadable, or least tap into your leading dance skills(preferably) just salsa with those girls. People become amazed by your skills, social proof, and the girl usually goes coo-coo for you after.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone wants to learn how to get women on the dance floor take notes: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_hz2am90Hk]YouTube - Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough[/ame]

Look at 050:00 damn that body language is golden!

OMG, 1:57 .... damn that look will get a guy laid!

Too bad he was so weird, Brooke Shields said he was by far the hottest guy she's ever dated. That is saying a lot coming from one of the hottest models of the 80's..

Anyway, sorry for the editorial; I just wanted to share that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great topic. I can just support the thing with Salsa and other Latin Dance. I'm taking a House Dance course right now and it's quite fun to go for dancing course on a music you like to hear. Well I would recommand every guy to start with a course that inclueds Music to get you in a good vibe... It would be much easier for your head or brain to coordinate your body... And the benefit is more than the ability to dance Well a good thing on dancing House is that you have elements from Salsa, Hip Hop and even Capoeira. If you're interested check 'Mamson House Dance Spot' on utube.
    So... Shake your asses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyhavoc View Post
    YouTube - Basic Club Dancing 101

this may help

club basics
    great share - sums up a lot in the clubs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about reggeaton dancing ?

hey guys,

This is my first message.
    In short : i've been traveling for 16 months now and this PUA thing is really starting to pay off.
    Proud to say, that i've been sleeping with 25 girls in 2010 only. I,m getting a lot of stamps in my sex-pasport. Most of them from hot young asian girls. A lot of hired guns, for free of course.

Anyway, my plan has always been to learn how to dance reggaeton when i go to South -America.
    Perfect way to ride and grind up to the girls, show em your intentions in a non-verbal way.

Opinions anyone ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breakdancing

What about breakdancing at a club? Im sure that would get you a lot of attention. Would this and salsa be something good to know?

Im still working on my upper body strength to be able to do this, but im interested nonetheless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasutra117 View Post
    What about breakdancing at a club? Im sure that would get you a lot of attention. Would this and salsa be something good to know?

Im still working on my upper body strength to be able to do this, but im interested nonetheless.
    Salsa is a MUST. Not only is it fun to learn but it's muy caliente as well :P.

As for breakdancing, I've never been to a club before but during senior year prom, a couple of my friends and I started TRICKING (mixture of breakdancing, gymnastics, and martial arts) and a huge circle formed around us and everyone was going nuts. Like someone mentioned earlier, it would look a bit show-offy to do it at a club, but learning it teaches you to listen to the beat and just express yourself when you hear a song. Plus, who knows, if someone ever starts tricking or breaking at a club..you can show em up, lol.

You must be willing to commit a ton of time and energy to learn though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Skywalker View Post
    hey guys,

This is my first message.
    In short : i've been traveling for 16 months now and this PUA thing is really starting to pay off.
    Proud to say, that i've been sleeping with 25 girls in 2010 only. I,m getting a lot of stamps in my sex-pasport. Most of them from hot young asian girls. A lot of hired guns, for free of course.

Anyway, my plan has always been to learn how to dance reggaeton when i go to South -America.
    Perfect way to ride and grind up to the girls, show em your intentions in a non-verbal way.

Opinions anyone ?
    Reggaeton is a lot like hip-hop, with more emphasis on hip/shoulder movements. Like most dances, it's very easy to pick up just from watching, so if you want to learn go out there to clubs that play it and observe people.

To be honest, the only dance that is complicated, yet useful enough to warrant taking classes is Salsa. Most other things are either simple enough that you can become decent at it by watching/practicing on your own, or not very practical for the average club setting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey y'all, so this is just my opinions coming from a professional dancer.

First up in case anyone has the wrong idea Dancing on its own definitely WILL NOT get you girls. Trust me on this. Strong conversational skills are infinitely more helpful, so if you think that learning to Dance is a shortcut to pussytown then you may be wasting your time learning something you may not even use...do an improv/speech class instead. With that said, if you genuinely enjoy Dancing then it can be the most powerful tool in your arsenal, regardless of your skill level. If you can count from 1-8 in time with a song then you can dance. If you can nod your head and tap your foot then you can dance.

GROOVE vs CHOREOGRAPHY (Dancing vs Doing Moves)
    To a dancer these are basic terms but you may not be aware of the differences.
    We all know what choreography is. All dance schools teach it. Turn on MTV and see it in videos. You learn a set of movements and repeat until it's memorized. Beginners doing choreography will not look like they're dancing, they will look like they're "doing moves" to the music. A trained dancer will look like they're dancing because they already have a groove behind the moves.
    Groove is a feeling. It's when you walk into a club and they're playing one of your favorite songs. You can't help but move, it's almost as if the music is telling your body how to move, what to do. This is Dancing. You can't dance choreography without groove, but you CAN groove without choreography. This is what's known as freestyle. Making it up on the spot. Dancing without thinking about what move will come next. This is what everyone should strive to do. Relax, feel the music.

The thing about Groove is that it's not easy to teach and 90% of dance studios out there wouldn't even know how to teach it. Most of what we all think is Hiphop dance is actually just Modern moves choregraphed to fit commercial RnB music.

REAL Hiphop is party dancing. Real hiphop is BBoying. (By the way if you're talking to a dancer NEVER use the term "breakdancing." The mainstream media coined this term and it's actually offensive to BBoys. It's called either BBOYING or BREAKING.Also while I'm on this topic please do not use the term "Pop-Locking". You have POPPING and LOCKING which are 2 different styles).

BREAKDANCING/BBOYING/BREAKING
    If you are thinking about learning how to Break to help with the ladies don't bother. Breaking takes months and even years of dedication and training to become proficient. B-Boying is not just a dance it's a lifestyle. With that said, Breaking is an awesome style and easily the most impressive to watch. The downside is that it requires a lot of room, at times you're rolling around on a probably very dirty floor, it's physically very demanding and you can't Break with a girl. What you can do is accidentally kick a girl in the face. (seen it many times and done it myself. Drunk girls never look where they're going.)

HIPHOP
    Let's face the facts. Most dance school don't teach real Hiphop. Most can't teach you how to Groove. If you want to learn Hiphop enquire with the dance studio first. Do they teach Groove? Do they know the difference between Groove & Choreography? If they don't try somewhere else. You may be lucky enough to live in an area full of real dancers. I'm not. I taught myself from watching videos online and practicing by myself (definitely possible!!!)
    Real hiphop dance is perfect for clubs, especially the ones that play Hiphop/RnB. It' relaxed, it's funky, it's made for grinding with women and showcasing your character.

LATIN STYLES
    Latin styles are money. The steps are relatively simple and the styles are based on touching women and manipulating them into different positions. We call this Leading Most people only know of Salsa but there are a lot of different Latin styles. Salsa is fun but personally I find it a bit cheesy. Also not every girl will know the salsa steps, but most can instinctively follow a man's lead. A style I've recently discovered is Zouk, a f**king sexy Brazilian lambada. It's slow, sensual and the hips stay locked together. You turn the girl by guiding her lower back or even by the neck. I saw a Zouk master from Brazil in action who I refer to as the Puppet Master. He was dancing with 2 girls at the same time, turning and twisting them into all these different positions and they knew exactly what he wanted them to do. It was simply amazing. So if you are interested in learning Latin Styles I highly recommend Zouk.
    But at the end of the day, any partner dancing (Latin, Ballroom, Jive etc) will be beneficial. You will learn how to dance while holding a woman in your arms. Most importantly you'll get comfortable holding and leading beautiful women in a controlled environment.

HOUSE
    OK, what if you got a girl that only likes Electronic Dance Music? Good news is that you can use a Hiphop groove to dance to House or any similar styles (Breakbeats, Drum'n'Bass, Techno). There are also some specific styles that you can learn that came from the Rave/Dance scene. House Dancing is a very cool style. It's almost a combination of Hiphop, Tap, African & Capoeira. The House groove is called the Jack. This style goes well with Funky House/Minimal/Hiphop music.

SHUFFLING
    Also know as Melbourne Shuffle, this style usually only works with faster music like Trance and Hardstyle but can also go well with slower styles like ElectroHouse. This style involves a quick shuffling/bouncing of the feet combined with a smooth, gliding motion across the floor. Most Shufflers appear as if they're stomping on bugs or having some kind of epileptic spasm, but it can be made to look good. Not the easiest style, but it is good for attracting attention with minimal space required.

Someone mentioned Reggaeton/Dancehall. This is an excellent style too. Very loose, very sensual and very good for grinding with girls. A lot of popular songs are starting to incorporate Dancehall sounds and it's a relatively easy style to learn while still being impressive due to the large movements and distinct island groove.

Then you've got styles like Jazz, Contemporary, Popping, Locking etc... there's hundreds of other styles out there. I would only recommend them if you take a liking to that specific style and you want to learn it for yourself. A lot of styles can be counterproductive if your goal is to use dancing to aid seduction.

So if any of these styles sound good get on Youtube and have a look. There's a lot of shit dancers online so watch a lot of videos to find the skilled practitioners. Next find tutorials online or call up a local dance studio to see if they have the style you want.
    Practice as much as you can. You will get/stay fit while improving your body movement, posture, flexibility and balance. Warm up and stretch everyday. If you get stuck try a new style or listen to some new music. Go out and dance with girls. No expectations, no talking, just dancing. Follow her lead, try to lead her even if you're a beginner. If you're enjoying yourself and being respectful she should react positively.

Hope that helps

England, Milton Keynes (The city of circles)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dancing is one of, if not my biggest sticking point and problem when going to any bars or clubs, I can't dance, I never learnt to dance.
    I just found a video on youtube from a DVD set that teaches men club and bar dancing which seems perfect for me any anyone else that has a big problem when it comes to dancing so when I get soem money I may very well get this [admin note - outside links removed]

If anyone else has seen these DVDs before make a post, when I get them and watch them i'll write a review for the 'other products' forum as this kind of thing can be a lot of help for guys like me who just can't dance atm.
    Last edited by MiLLo; 01-06-2011 at 05:49 AM. Reason: removed outside links
    When I am writing in red, it's as an Attraction Forums mod or admin. When I write in normal text, it's just me.

And remember, if all else fails in set just try this, works everytime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, I can dance salsa, bachata and merengue, but I'm always having a hard time figuring out what to do in a regular club, with commercial music being played and all. Especially if I want to dance with a girl. I know it should be super easy learn, but do you guys know any videos where I can find something to take as an example of what I can do, without overdoing things?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i used to be really good at club dancing.. (heaps of people have told me)
    but lately i have 'lost it' ( i feel this)

just become hell paranoid and nervous that people are watching me and it ruins it

any help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread inspired me to learn how to dance. I was always the guy that was too scared to go to high school dances, and later the club dance floor, cuz I didn't have any moves. Of course, this kept me from learning any moves too. I've decided to take a salsa class once my budget allows it. Around here they're priced around 100-150 bucks for an 8 week course. Not bad in my opinion.

In the mean time, I found 2 youtube channels that have a bunch of great videos for beginners. Search for ||||||||||| and clubdancelessons. Those dudes both have a ton of great videos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More on Dancing

There are a lot of different dance styles, but they all include two things: Rhythm and movement. I recommend to people that they do martial arts classes, as well as dance classes. Learning how to handle yourself is good anyway, but these classes improve balance, footwork, control, stability, etc.

I've been dancing for years in many different styles, and I agree with most of what I've read in this thread. Hip-hop is good, but you don't really need to be that good at it. You just look like you work to hard at it. Salsa doesn't come up much, but when it does its golden. I also recommend jazz/blues. There are some great things for being able to dance to that slow sexy song with a girl. If you everyone in a place watching you, thats how you do it.

For country dancing, learn country/west coast swing. Line dancing is not impressive, and regular swing is easy enough to pick up in an hour if you already have master more complicated rhythms. If you can west coast swing in a country bar, girl will line up.

Managua, Nicaragua
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not knowing how to dance in Latin American countries is a HUGE deal. You may be the one and only Mystery himself and walk in with the craziest peacocking ever and 7 HB10s on your side, but if you are no salsa/merengue/bachata brainer, you're OUT. There are some americanized club/bars that play gringo music but at one time or another, you WILL have to dance latino. And of course, the most fun is salsa dancing.

Its great b/c you're not only dry humping the chick at a lame ass beat, but you're actually LEADING the dance and make her have the craziest time ever while you flip her through your arms. Awesome shit.

Those interested in should listen/download the following artists:

Salsa:
    Luis Enrique
    Marc Anthony
    Jerry Rivera
    DLG

Merengue:
    Juan Luis Guerra
    Eddy Herrera
    Proyecto Uno/Los Ilegales/Oro Solido (oldschool )

Bachata:
    Aventura
    Hector el Torito
    Los Toros Band
    Monchy y Alejandra

Vallenato:
    Fonseca
    Carlos Vives

and well, even Steven Hawking can dance to reggaeton. Its basically following a beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I see it, dance is just another routine through attraction, and possibly comfort. And let’s face it, if your movements are “right/perfect” and dance continuously for hours, it’s really tiring and taxing. Course if you’re there really just focusing on dancing and having fun it’s another story. Here’re the things I focus on:

- Confidence (very important as it WILL show in your body language, if you don’t comfortable moving too much then as least try to look at your target when you dance)
    - Loose body (Rigid dancing is nice but unless you’re pro, you want to loosen up this way you’ll appear to be more comfortable and less awkward)
    - Musicality (tap your hands over your jean pockets if you lost the beat, you must be on the beat, this is a subconscious communication)
    - Avoiding flailing your arms around meaninglessly or hold your hands in front of your chest for too long, this looks defensive (if you don’t know what to do with your hands, lay them comfortably over your pants pockets)
    - Get your Kino escalation theories right watch for windows

Good luck guys, remember the most important and powerful frame is that you’re there to have fun, not going through trials or something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Depends...What Kind Of Women Are You Into?

It depends on what kind of women you want to meet.

Brazilians? Samba

Latinas? Salsa

Korean/Japanese? Hip hop

Black American Women? Hip Hop

Caribbean Women? Reggae/Dance Hall

Haitians? Zouk

That was a huge generalization...but you get the idea.
    Pick the kind of women you like. Find clubs where they hang, check out the vibe. If you dig it get with it.

A.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a great thread!

Red Dragon, I'd like to give my input. I'm big into dance floor game and the style I use in clubs is what I call freestyle. I do dance floor game at clubs that play top 40, hip hop, and R&B. Freestyle can incorporate elements of swing and salsa dancing but it is not solely either of these dances. An important thing to remember about doing dance floor game is that you DO NOT have to be awesome at dancing to do it - which is why I like it so much I took swing and salsa classes for fun but then I learned how to use those moves with freestyle dancing. Girls love it when I do turns and dips with them since most guys can't! It doesn't look out of place because the turns and dips help me interact with the girl and they're fun.

As far as dancing alone goes, I do it all the time and without wingman. If you know dance floor game then you can work the floor without having a wing. This is great since most of my wings don't dance. So don't worry about dancing by yourself. If you're comfortable with yourself and are having fun then girls will pick up on this energy and gravitate to you - GUARANTEED!

-LC
    Last edited by miaddict; 02-22-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: plug removed

Amsterdam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Dodgedude finally someone making some sense when it comes to dancing, I was beginning to get really frustrated about all the misconceptions people have when it comes to dancing. Props.

Ive been a dancer for 5 years now. First I started breaking and after that I started doing Hip-Hop, House Dance, Popping and some Modern dance. I joined several competitions all over Europe with my team and I did alot of battles on the streets and in Clubs.
    I dont dance to impress girls, I never have. My dancing comes from the inside. Its a way to express myself and tell the story of the music trough movement.

Whenever an AFC is dancing to impress chicks, its so easy to notice. theyve learned some moves and trying them out. No flow, no bounce, nothing. Empty dancers I call em. Empty because their dance doesnt mean anything. Those guys dont get respect from me or other people around em and Im happy to send such an idiot home by showing him every corner of the club by battling him or Amoging him. If I see someon who is trying and enjoying himself, ill give him a smile and support his act. Dance is very special for me, Its my way of life and I dont like it if I see people abusing it.

If im in the club and a great song comes on, ill dance. Its just me the music and the dancefloor, I dont give a shit about what other people think. It looks try hard? Why? Because Im doing some moves you cant and at the same time enjoy myself??

Now On Topic:
    I saw alot of posts about how to dance basically. most guys put the importance in feet, which is wrong. Only dancing with your feet is like only flapping your arms. Its your whole body thats got to move along. How do you do that?
    Ill try to teach you in steps:

The Bounce
    1. Stand straight with your legs shoudler wide.
    2. Put on a simple Hip-Hop or House beat, with a slow beat.(You can pick faster beats after mastering the bounce)
    3. Lift your arms up to shoulder height in a relax manner
    4. When the music starts, drop a bit lower with your knees on every beat and come back up again so you can go down on the next beat. DO THIS ONLY WITH YOUR KNEES IN THE BEGINNING
    5. Keep practicing this untill it feels natural to you
    6. The next step is to quicken the beat and add more flavour to it. The first thing is your chest, let it come up a bit when your going up and pull it a little down when going down.
    7. After that bing your arms in play and let them sway with the movement of your chest.
    8. Last but not least, bring your head in play. Make your moves playfull and most important of all: ENJOY IT!

I hope this will help some of you. If not PM me and ill try to help you get the basics of club dancing.

Peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Daft Funk: if you ever come to Basel let me know and let's battle

My 2 cents to add: big difference if you dance alone or with a girl. If you dance alone read Daft Funks post. I've been dancing for 10 years and I've performed on stages, in clubs, on streets, sand, gym floors etc. and I can totally back up what he says. But it's way different if you dance with a girl. By dancing with a girl I mean you hold her by at least one hand or other body part and what you do more than just grind. If you dance with a girl the two most important things are:

1. YOU lead. Better to lead something simple or repeat than not to lead for a single second.
    2. entertain. It doesnt matter if you are good or not, it doesn't matter if you make mistakes or not as long as you entertain the girl you dance with you're on a good track.

It doesnt matter if you are a good dancer or not, as long as you follow those two rules you can't do much wrong. A big plus is that you automatically have kino with her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my classes for my final semester of school is a dance class. One of my best friends took the class, so I asked him what dances he learned. Salsa, ballroom dance, hip-hop..what the hell, I'm sold!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salsa is the easiest- many places have salsa singles nights where you learn with everyone else, and everyone is on the hunt. I used to go to such a place every week, it was fantastic.

San Jose, CA
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun Fact

Quote Originally Posted by addikt View Post
    It depends on what kind of women you want to meet.

Brazilians? Samba

Latinas? Salsa

Korean/Japanese? Hip hop

Black American Women? Hip Hop

Caribbean Women? Reggae/Dance Hall

Haitians? Zouk

That was a huge generalization...but you get the idea.
    Pick the kind of women you like. Find clubs where they hang, check out the vibe. If you dig it get with it.

A.
    Cool and for me

Brazilians? Grinding Ass

Latinas? Grinding Ass

Korean/Japanese? SO Grinding ASS

Caribbean Women? Grinding Ass

Haitians? Grinding Ass

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wwejonathan View Post
    Cool and for me

Brazilians? Grinding Ass

Latinas? Grinding Ass

Korean/Japanese? SO Grinding ASS

Caribbean Women? Grinding Ass

Haitians? Grinding Ass
    I would have to say Brazilians grind ass better... it's all the street Samba moves.

BTW: Salsa has been getting more popular with the Asian community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Love Monkey View Post
    I would have to say Brazilians grind ass better... it's all the street Samba moves.

BTW: Salsa has been getting more popular with the Asian community.
    that's so true...what's with asians and salsa dancing?!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LovesCurves View Post
    that's so true...what's with asians and salsa dancing?!
    Go to toronto, canada... The Salsa fest was covered with asian mamasita's.

Bucharest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are 6 months now since I started to learn salsa and as a user said earlier, nothing improved my game more than salsa classes. I mention that I take salsa cubana lessons. It's the original dance, from Cuba, and next month I will participate at a salsa festival here in my country (Romania) and in June I'm heading to Greece at an international festival. I'm saying these because you can improve your dancing skills quick. As a major difference to other types of dancing, salsa cubana it's danced in circle, called rueda and men are changing girls. Thus, you interact with a lot of beautiful girls. Also, almost everything I learned I tested on girls at classes, clubs and it really works. 95% of all girls accept to dance and the rest refuse because they don't know the basic steps. But you can teach them . It boosts your confidence, your charming skills. It taught me how to lead and women to become more attracted to me and all I had did it was... dancing. Guys, you should take salsa classes as soon as pssible.
    Also I recoomend to start learning bachata. It's simple, passionate and it's used by argentinians as foreplay .

PA
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys just wish you could Dougie like me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dance

i am going to learn salsa by the end of this year, as im going to bali for xmas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those that need to learn how to dance, I highly reccommend these dance learning videos. I learned so much from this guy. He is the best teacher, and is also available for online private lessons. checkout his website. www.|||||||||||.com. I owe him tons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, the website is called |||||||||||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

|||||||||||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, sorry about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am in VPOP dance academy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love to dance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to follow you as I am a newbie and want to learn dance.

N/A
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Dragon,

If you want to learn to dance, then that's great!
    BUT ONLY IF... you are passionate about dancing.

Women are attracted to passion, and if your vibe is, "Hey - I really love to dance! Come and dance with me." That's a winner.
    But if your vibe is, "Hey. Look at me! I can dance. Do you like me now?!?!?!?" That's terrible.

I say go and take a couple of dance lessons, see if you enjoy it. Maybe you'll get a new hobby.

Otherwise, you can find women near the bar, in the smoking area, or on the stairs.

Once, I saw a great dancer "making shapes" on the dance floor - everybody clapped and cheered - but he didn't get any women.
    He just looked try hard. Ultimately, it was the guys standing around watching him and pointing who took the girls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to discuss the dance category that I'm familiar with which is partner dances. You have to be able to lead an arbitrary girl a few moves. The skill of leading ladies in the dance is same across all styles. A good Salsa school will teach you good enough the key concepts. Another good thing about Salsa is that it's really popular and ubiquitous all over Amearicas.

If you want to be able to take a girl who may not know anything about dance at a club by the hand and have fun bouncing around with her, I would recommend Hustle. It's what people used to dance to Disco music. The dance works well with any club music. The basic is just marching on the beat. It's trivial to learn a few moves. Most importantly, the girl doesn't have to know anything about dance to follow your lead. It's danced in open position, which is appropriate for even most prude girls at clubs. The down side is that it's kind of esoteric. You'll have to go to a ballroom school to learn it.

If you go to places where it's ok to get close with girls, Zouk or Bachatta are something to look into. These dances can be all about crutch on crutch booty shaking and grinding. If you can make a girl feel good dancing that with you, well, let's just say keno is already taken care of.

Mumbai
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's definitely possible to learn how to dance without stepping into a dance studio.Things need to keep in mind when ever doing practices try moving your arms. When you think you can feel the beat, relax your arms and try moving them around in time to the music. Some ideas: You can swing your arms naturally with your feet, bending slightly at your elbows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside of the club scene, if you ever in your lifetime might attend charity events/galas/balls, travel, or even corporate parties look into formal ballroom dancing (to include salsa, meringue, bachata, waltz, etc.) and even line dancing/2 step (country western music).

$00.02