***Guide to Dealing with AMOG'S***

In your mind
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

***Guide to Dealing with AMOG'S***

The AMOG. Alpha Male of the Group. Otherwise known as: THAT Guy.
    We've all run into them and had to deal with them (or we get dealt with). To date, the best post out on how to deal with AMOG's, in my opinion, is Harlequin's AMOG Strategy. Harlequin-Jitsu.. Excellent post on the topic. Look it up.
    I wanted to cover the topic in a bit more detail and give a comprehensive guide on the subject. If I am going to be constantly referred to as the "bad boy" of this community, and given my ego, well then I am going to be an authority on AMOGging!
    I suggest before reading forward you also check my post on Essential to Your Game: What is the Alpha Male? that way you can get completely sucked into my frame and my frame is a wonderful place to live, I assure you.
    I have found that the best way to avoid getting Amogged is to be the AMOG. And by this I don't mean be a dick, I mean be the alpha male, as there can only be one. Now most of what you are about to read applies to sets that already have guys in it. Whether they know each other or not (a bunch of friends, or HB's that have some AFC's hitting on them) doesn't matter. However, this advice also applies to guys trying to enter your set as well.
    So to start off: PREVENTION
    Most AMOG's can prevented. Guys will try to assert their authority when they feel there is a perceived threat to their masculinity. Whether this means you are talking to a girl in their group, or stealing the spotlight from them. It is natural. Their desire to dominate kicks in and you will feel the brunt of it. So this should be disarmed from the beginning.
    1) Open the guys in a set first.
    Going in with an opinion opener and it is a mixed set? Open the guys! Use the vodka opener which works well. Bond with the guys in the set first. If you are good enough, the girls in the set will enter into the conversation. Now they are entering into YOUR set, not the other way around. Or you can bring the girls into the conversation, in fact you can even ask one of the guys to "get a female opinion" on the topic. Have HIM bring her into the set.
    Use a wing.
    When possible, not only open the guys first, but have your wing enter the set and also engage the guys there. This signals that you are not there alone, and reinforces the idea that you are there to hang out and have a good time. NOT that you are trying to pick up THEIR women, because you are ignoring the women and are engrossed in a conversation with your wing and the guys.
    Use humor
    Be charming. Get the guys laughing. You want to them to quickly reach the conclusion that you are a "cool guy." In fact, many times I will do this and the guys I am talking to will turn to the women in the set and say, "You HAVE to meet this guy, come here." This is pure gold. You now have their approval and social proof. This is even better than an accomplishment intro from a wing.
    If a guy is entering your set, a simple, "Do we know you????" is sufficient to disarm the guy and make you and the girl seem like a couple.
    But alas. Sometimes, an AMOG is an AMOG and even using these three basic prevention techniques, you will still run into problems. So, what do you do next? Their are several routes you can take:
    Out Alpha- Ignore
    Plain and simple. You continue to dominate the set. Ignore the comments coming from the AMOG peanut gallery and control the situation. The best way to do this is to bring the party to the group. By this I mean, if that group is having a better time with you there then they were before you arrived, then no matter what the AMOG does, the group will not want you to leave. In fact, they will look negatively on the guy trying to fuck with you. In this scenario, you are ignoring the AMOG and relying on the fun you are bringing to the group. Allowing the group to deal with the AMOG.
    Out Alpha - Integrate
    Again you are bringing the party to the group, but in this instance it is clear that ignoring the AMOG is not going to make the persistent fucker go away. He just goes on and on and will not stop. Maybe at this point you just want to fuck him up, rip off his eyelids and leaving him rolling on the floor in pain. Or perhaps that's just me. Either way, don't. Try to bring him into the group, steer the topic towards things that the AMOG has some input on. I am not talking about bowing down to the AMOG here, but rather allowing him to have a good time in YOUR set. Are you addressing him enough? Asking him any questions? There will come a time to isolate the target, but first you must deal with this obstacle.
    Out Alpha - Engage
    Ok, so you measured up the situation and realized ignoring the fucktard isn't going to work and he seems to have no desire to play nice with others. Now you have to engage him, but playfully. Begin integrating him, whether he wants it or not, but now you can start throwing a few jokes at his expense out there. Is he an intern? Does he work at McDonalds? Is he wearing a shirt that just screams, "Fuck with me, I am a dork!"? There is generally plenty of material there. Sometimes even a, "That's it, he's cut off, no more drinks for him." is enough. You want to be subtle here. The time for, "Hey pumpkin, why don't you go fix your makeup" isn't here yet. But you do want to get the AMOG qualifying to you at this point. Start asking him questions that makes him start to seek your approval.
    Finally, if you tried all this, and the guy is clearly determined to get rid of you, you have a choice. You can isolate the guy, "Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?" and be straightforward with him. Or you can call him out in front of the group with, "Well, apparently AMOG over here seems to have an issue with me, but it was a pleasure meeting all of you." If you have added value to this group, at this point they will object to your leaving. And this objection from the group will be the final blow into the heart of the AMOG.
    Now you can be much more sarcastic and direct with someone entering into your set that the HB's do not know. You don't want them there, so you can try to befriend them, but you don't want them hanging around. You can have your wing occupy them, but that sucks for your wing. So lines like, "Do we know you?" and "How cute!" and then whisper in one of the girls ears something about the guy that is 'cute', she will chuckle he will feel like an idiot, or "Just in time, dude buy us a round of drinks." Etc. Keep it playful, but your goal here is to get rid of the intruder.
    But if all else fails then yes, use your wit and completely destroy the AMOG, there are a lot of posts out there for suggested one-liners and things you can say. Work at getting good at coming up with ones on the spot. However, keep in mind if you try everything else this should be used in only a small percentage of situations. Remember, you want to avoid a physical fight here, not start one!
    In the end, you always want to maintain your frame. Don't let any AMOG irritate you so much that you get angry or physical. In fact, an AMOG is an excellent way for you to show DHV. Use your dominance of him to turn on yet another attraction switch in your target. Remember: Confident-Funny - Yes. Charming-Funny - Yes. Cocky-Funny - NO!
    So if you ever see me out there, and want to try to AMOG my arrogant ass, give it your best shot, hit hard and make sure I feel the sting....because you'll be buying me drinks before the night is out. Chopin and a splash of Cran.
    I hope this helps some people, and as usual, there is much left out here, so if anyone else has some ideas, it would be great to see.
    With love,
    Last edited by Sovereign; 08-31-2006 at 11:06 AM.

London... All roads lead to Leeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You put me to shame Sov baby, this is a great post. I'm all about gaming Amogs, yet I rarely outalpha to the point of intimidation. Harlequin-Jitsu is just about winning guys over by showing them your value in accordance with their reality strategy then reframing where necessary.
    Game the guys people. Eliciting the amogs values, rewarding that, building respect. Not always in that order. If you're a natural alpha there's little to be gained in having a 'who's the most alpha' dance with the guys, verbally or physically. There's a lot of Derren Brown-esque mindfucking to fall back on if it's not working.
    This post of yours though, it stinks, reeks of Best Of. You get stars my friend.
    Hey, who moved my cheese?
    Harlequin: Weapon of mass seduction
    When you refuse to accept what you cannot change: this is trauma.

When you decide to change what you cannot accept: this is revolution.

3. 08-31-2006, 11:20 AM

Reason
    Not a BO post - trimming the fat

4. 08-31-2006, 01:14 PM

Reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"How's the wife?!"
    Great Post Mr. Sov. I think a point is to always attempt to befriend all guys in set before trying to blow them out. To often see new guys roll into and attempt to AMOG the guys in the group and it goes rather bad. Last set I can remember, I was working it... someone came in, AMOGd the dude (who was my targets brother) and shit went downhill quickly.
    So Befriend Attempt, if that doesn't work... give 'em hell.
    Last edited by utahPlayboy; 08-31-2006 at 01:40 PM.

6. 08-31-2006, 02:54 PM

Reason

7. 08-31-2006, 06:44 PM

Reason

8. 08-31-2006, 06:49 PM

Reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good shit Sov. I know some people have that "we're not here to pick up men" concept. But I believe good AMOG skills are essential for anybody. And moreso, I think theres something highly misconcieved about AMOG'ing and some people may overlook it.
    The A stands for Alpha. BUT, the majority of the time when I use AMOG its not for a pua/textbook defined AMOG. Most of the time its just your average chump hitting on a woman. Or exuding an alpha persona. Because an AMOG is based on first impressions, and I'm not sure if people really understand these AMOG's may go home from the bar and put panties and a bra on. I use it on ANYONE, ANYTIME when I want to shift attention to ME and AWAY from somebody else. That is the purpose of AMOG. I personally think AMOG should have been named something else, but Im not the one who thought of it.

10. 09-01-2006, 12:51 AM

Reason

11. 09-01-2006, 10:39 AM

Reason

12. 09-03-2006, 01:50 PM

Reason

13. 09-03-2006, 04:20 PM

Reason

14. 09-03-2006, 08:48 PM

Reason

15. 09-04-2006, 09:45 AM

Reason
    Removed as part of best of cleanup

In your mind
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the "best of" noms. Much appreciated.
    Zero Game, I came up with the vodka opener some time ago, as a good way to open guys. Simple opener really:
    To guys in set: "Hey, you look like you know you're alcohol (make sure the guy is drinking), help me out here. My friend over there and I have be arguing about this. He thinks there's no difference between the shit vodka you get, like Popov/Absolut,etc and top shelf vodka like Grey Goose. Personally, I can taste the difference. What do you guys think?"
    Last edited by Sovereign; 09-05-2006 at 07:49 AM.

17. 09-13-2006, 11:09 PM

Reason

In your mind
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero_Game View Post
    I like that, especially since I drink vodka.
    I appreciate the response.
    The only issue with this opener is that it needs to be stacked rather quickly into something more topical. In the end, you want the GUYS in the set to introduce you to the HB's. So quickly transition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like a lot in this post, basically the stuff that says essentially "be a normal person out to have a good time and don't enter a group and just focus on the girls." Doing that will make you look like a complete dork and is just not socially acceptable. I sarge alone a lot and I open groups of guys first. Instant friends, its perfect. And when I end up talking to the girls they know they or think they know - they don't get pissed. But that is pretty basic no?
    The part about out AMOG other guys is fine if the AMOG is a complete tool and the group doesn't like him, but that is not always the case. AMOG an AFC hanging on a group of girls is pretty basic, its much harder to do if it is a CLOSE work group or a group of friends. If the group works together and you bust on the AMOG the girls will stick up for him (usually) or feel bad for him. Same with a group of friends, you can't just start making fun of people's friends - it doesn't work. No if the group just met that night at the bar, it is super easy to join the group and just have fun. Again that is not were the problems occurs. If a work group or friend group doesn't embrace you as a cool guy you are all done.
    At least that is what I have seen in the real world - maybe the internet is different. If there is a tight work group and one guy is being a dick, most of the time you won't get anywhere, trying to AMOG him. You are DLV by trying to lower the dick friend versus elevating your value in the group. Just my thoughts. - Equal

20. 09-14-2006, 09:43 AM

Reason

21. 10-15-2006, 01:19 AM

Reason
    posted twice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti-AMOG Tactic

Great Posts!
    I'm new to the scene, but started sarging (using all these great tools) on my own last night:
    I was working on a HB7 Bartender with big cans, just building my skill-set and getting routines down (ran the cube test on her, building rapport-AKA small talk, did my favorite disappearing/reappearing card magic trick & wanted to run the NLP Human Lie Detector routine but forgot) in between her slinging drinks (the cube test worked great and kept her coming back between customers, in order to find out her results) when this regular customer AMOG started trying to establish dominance. The AMOG was subtle at first, so I blew the behavior off and kept working my routine.
    Then he said that he thought I was cute and that he was gay...I suppose the guy could have been a switch hitter, given that he was trying to game the bartender earlier...anyway, I called the bartender chick over, laughed and told her that the guy just said that he was gay and started hitting on me. The bartender gave the AMOG this funny "What the f**k, look." It was priceless!
    The guy just said, "f**k you" to me (in a sheepish, eye-contact avoiding, completely deflated, just got busted sort of way) and never messed with me the rest of the night.
    When I got up to leave (I went to a night club), the bartender acted really friendly, giving me some nonverbal IOIs...she's work in progress.
    -Hunter

23. 10-17-2006, 09:55 AM

Reason

bali, indonesia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    My advice here is to not game the bartender, but rather use her as a hired gun. A good hired gun is much more valuable in the long term.
    theres a hired gun at the bar i usually hang at, very cute and sees me with a different girl every night, watches my band performing across the street twice a week, etc. she always gives me the eye but when i tried to sarge her last night i could quickly see that it wouldn't be so easy. plus theres the whole not shitting where you eat thing (it's not where i work but across the street, but i'll probably be seeing this girl no matter what for the next umpteen months)
    so i sorta think she might make a better pawn/social proof/whatever, shes cute and likes me etc etc. her big flirty smile and "hi dj aafc <bats eyelids>" totally gets noticed by every girl i bring to/by this place. is that what you mean by using her as a hired gun?
    i've only seen info about picking up on these girls, can you clarify a bit about using a hired gun as, um, a hired gun?
    Last edited by aafc; 10-18-2006 at 07:28 AM.

In your mind
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A room filled with hired guns is meant to give you social proof. You walk into the venue like you own the place, saying hello to everyone. Try not to sarge them, rather use them during your sarge, getting the bartenders attention when nobody else can, access to the VIP sections, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love doing that. As a bartender myself, I tend to know a lot of bartenders. I can choose from about 7 bars in my area where I know a few bartenders and a couple bouncers. Walk in with a small touch of peacocking so people notice you when you walk in, and they'll notice you saying hello to everyone.
    DING! Social proof.

27. 11-27-2006, 12:19 PM

Reason

28. 11-30-2006, 06:50 AM

29. 08-10-2007, 03:16 AM