Pay Attention

Thread: Pay Attention

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pay Attention!

I was out with my friends the other night, and as is my wont of lately, I’m running attraction game on the girls in our little group. It’s not serious game, because the ensuing drama and loss of friends I’d incur by actually hooking up with one of my friends’ LTRs would be fairly disastrous. However, I have nothing against making them more attracted to me So, I’m sitting there thinking about sarging a group of HBs that had just walked in when one of the girls at our table hits me in the arm, “Are you paying attention to me?? she asks in an almost whiny voice. I shrug at her, but the little gears inside my head are working.
    “Paying Attention.? What an odd phrase. When you pay something, you expect to get something in return. You can pay cash, credit, hell you can pay seashells if you are going to get something in return…the thing is that the word Pay implies currency or the exchange of goods or services.
    So exactly what kind of currency is attention, how is its value determined, and how does this affect you? It is the opinion of this writer that attention is social capital. It purchases knowledge, information, and entertainment. In this capacity, it is the base unit of fame. Consider how much attention is spent on celebrities (and notice the word spend). Attention’s value is hard to determine, since it is so relative to the person who gives it and the person who receives. Someone who views themselves highly won’t pay attention to certain people and things, because they don’t view those things as being *worth* the value of their attention. Some people also view the attention of others as having very high value, and as such do some outrageous things to garner that attention. Since it is so subjective, each individual should ask themselves how much their attention is worth.
    And this is where it becomes relevant to the game: Make your attention valuable! Don’t EVER give it away. Make people EARN it from you, and make it clear that that is what they are doing. If they are being interesting or informative to a degree you feel is reasonable, don’t hesitate to purchase that entertainment or knowledge with your attention.
    And, if someone asks if you’re paying attention to them, ask them exactly what they are giving you for it.
    Fate
    Last edited by Fate; 01-16-2006 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good One, Fate !