Can a man ever accept my criminal past?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can a man ever accept my criminal past?

I'm looking forward to move on from my past and continue working on myself. I would like a relationship in the future, not yet though.

Will he eventually overlook it? Or will I continue scaring away all my potential dates if they knew what I was like back then? On May 2016, I was released from a juvenile rehab center. I've been locked up there for 6 years, ages 10-16. Upon my release, I was under supervision and was still seeing shrinks for 2 more years. My mindset was a total mess back then.

I want my own children one day. Though, sometimes I feel this past will limit my dating pool. For guys, would you be able to overlook it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of guys would be worried that your going to kill them or rob them or something.
    frankly I've put myself in a position with girls that have boyfriends lol and are related to gang members. my wing at the time asked them if they were involved with gangs and he didn't jump into the cab with me and those girls. later however i got scared and backed out and left where earlier i wasn't worried about it.

Must be frustrating for other women and yourself that guys get scared/worried. maybe date a criminal yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyM View Post
    a lot of guys would be worried that your going to kill them or rob them or something.
    frankly I've put myself in a position with girls that have boyfriends lol and are related to gang members. my wing at the time asked them if they were involved with gangs and he didn't jump into the cab with me and those girls. later however i got scared and backed out and left where earlier i wasn't worried about it.

Must be frustrating for other women and yourself that guys get scared/worried. maybe date a criminal yourself.
    Thank you for answering. To be honest, I'm a reformed young woman by now. I'm never going to harm anyone ever again. I was a messed up, troubled kid back then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dandylady, you criminal past is not a problem at all. Problem is that you have problem with it. Does it make sense? Do you feel guilty about this? Why? You had your consequences now it is time to move on.

I will give you an example. I have dated an attractive girl and she used to be fat. She was not fat anymore, but she still acted like she was fat, she just didn't like her body and she had a problem with that. Crazy? Maybe a little bit, but you are doing the same thing She used to be fat but she is not anymore, you used to be a criminal but you are not anymore, the rest is just mental crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    Dandylady, you criminal past is not a problem at all. Problem is that you have problem with it. Does it make sense? Do you feel guilty about this? Why? You had your consequences now it is time to move on.

I will give you an example. I have dated an attractive girl and she used to be fat. She was not fat anymore, but she still acted like she was fat, she just didn't like her body and she had a problem with that. Crazy? Maybe a little bit, but you are doing the same thing She used to be fat but she is not anymore, you used to be a criminal but you are not anymore, the rest is just mental crap.
    Yes, I have a lot of guilt and remorse over the actions I did back then as a child.
    I think about it so often. The people that were affected by my actions have not forgiven me and won't ever. This in turn, makes me refuse to forgive myself.