What am I doing wrong?

1. What am I doing wrong?

Hello dear fellows.
    My girl broke up with me 1 week ago, so I decided to get better with pickup.
    I went outside to a college campus nearby for 3 days and have started 21 conversations which resulted in excatly 0 phone numbers.

My script was something like:
    - I was walking with confidence
    - When a girl passed in front of me, I stopped her
    - When she stopped, I asked: "I know that it's completely random, but do you know a good coffee shop in the area?"
    - then I asked if she thinks it's a good one
    - I tried to talk with them for at least 2-3 minutes asking more questions and giving complements
    - When I met a nice girl, I told her that she is really cute, and asked her if she wanna hang out sometime
    - I did it 6 times. and all of them said that they sorry but they have a boyfriend (the nice ones..)

I am happy that I started to go outside and do this. This is the best thing I could do for myself.
    But I want to know from you guys,
    What did I do wrong? Why I wasn't able to collect any phone number from all these girls?

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by RockAndLol View Post
    - I tried to talk with them for at least 2-3 minutes asking more questions and giving complements
    - When I met a nice girl, I told her that she is really cute, and asked her if she wanna hang out sometime
    It's probably obvious your whole routine is just a ruse, when you've already decided in advance of even talking to the girl that you want to go on a date with her.

asking women out just because they look a certain way is very "low value" ... every woman knows there's a lineup of guys who are interested in her just for her looks.

The only way this approach will work is if she's both single and she finds you particularly good looking, so she can overlook the fact that you're completely pretending to be interested in her opinion or personality.

1. not sure what your "asking questions" are but it's probably superficial. You need to actually qualify the girl not just find excuses to give empty compliments.
    2. "hang out sometime" is vague and passive. If you truly learned anything about her, you'd be able to suggest a very specific activity which she has a good chance of being interested in

good luck, and keep at it. you're already doing the hardest part of meeting girls.

3. It's probably because you're on a college campus. Girls are more protective of their reputation there.