How to keep women from advancing too far with you......

Near St. Paul MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to keep women from advancing too far with you......

Hey fellas,

I've done the LS stuff since it first came out, and now I'm 33, in Nursing school, and work at a hospital. Well....... Nurses are horny as fuck, and honestly I don't mind, but I want to know how to keep a woman attracted, without making things awkward at work, and also to continue to have fun with them without them getting so involved in me that they push for a relationship.

I'd love a relationship, don't get me wrong, but I want to find the best one that I feel is right for me. So what do you guys do to "reject" women, or to tactfully tell them to chill out..... or herhaps how to tell some women "you're not my type" without losing your value and maintaining integrity and respect?

Thanks!!

Near St. Paul MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No ideas? nothing?

Los Angeles
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notyourtype View Post
    or herhaps how to tell some women "you're not my type" without losing your value and maintaining integrity and respect?
    I don't understand the premise of this question. If you're not interested in a woman, you wouldn't lose respect or integrity by telling her so.

Telling a woman you're no longer interested is rarely easy. Just stick with being honest, but keep it focused on what's missing in the relationship. "We're not connected" "I don't think we'd have a happy long term relationship" whatever.

telling a woman "you're not my type" would be an obvious lie, she's clearly your type because you had sex with her.

without making things awkward at work
    The more coworkers you have sex with the more likely it will get awkward, it's a mathematical certainty.

If you can't handle the drama then stick to women outside of work.

Near St. Paul MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for your reply.

I was pretty much counting on the "honesty is the best policy" thing, but just didn't know how to go about it without hurting her feelings. In my beginning stages of this Love Systems stuff, I would get the "you're not my type" bullshit, and as ridiculous as it sounds, that did hurt my feelings, even if the statement was in fact true.

The hard part for me about the whole "dating women you work with" thing; is that going into the massive amounts of schooling I am, I really like a woman who's educated, and apart from being surrounded by successful women at work, I find it rare to find anyone like that outside of work. I'm sure everyone here can understand the hours we have to work in the healthcare field, and how that limits my ability for a social life lol.

Background: my FiancÚ left me 3 days before finals week, back in April. It's now August, and I'd really like to take my time to heal, and find the right woman. Dating for me isn't a sport anymore, and I don't like to waste my time on women who #1: aren't going anywhere with their lives, and #2: are just looking for help, and not a future husband. I'm 33, have 7 more years of schooling, and just don't want to waste my time

What I've done so far with the "hey you should chill out" aspect with this woman and I, is I embedded what I want and how I see things into a story-type format. A friend text me, and while we were sitting on the couch I told her my reply to a friend's question. My reply (and me telling her) was my way of saying I'm not jumping into anything until I felt I've healed. So I replied, "Hey man. Yeah I know what you're saying, but I'm honestly not ready for a relationship right now, and I need to take my time to heal, and am definitely not going to jump into anything. I"m gonna do my homework first, trust me!"

She seemed to take it well and that she understood.

Los Angeles
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Notyourtype View Post
    ... just didn't know how to go about it without hurting her feelings.
    It's impossible.

But we are all adults here. Getting hurt is a totally normal, predictable, and I'd say healthy part of dating.

The hard part for me about the whole "dating women you work with" thing; is that going into the massive amounts of schooling I am, I really like a woman who's educated, and apart from being surrounded by successful women at work, I find it rare to find anyone like that outside of work. I'm sure everyone here can understand the hours we have to work in the healthcare field, and how that limits my ability for a social life lol.
    I'm totally not judging your choices. If you want the relative convenience of picking up women at work, then you pay for it with awkwardness at work. You decide what tradeoffs you want.

Background: my FiancÚ left me 3 days before finals week, back in April. It's now August, and I'd really like to take my time to heal, and find the right woman. Dating for me isn't a sport anymore, and I don't like to waste my time on women who #1: aren't going anywhere with their lives, and #2: are just looking for help, and not a future husband. I'm 33, have 7 more years of schooling, and just don't want to waste my time
    good for you. I can relate to your goals.

I'm honestly not ready for a relationship right now
    When you're having sex with a woman, you have a relationship. That's a fact. The only question is the terms of the relationship.

There's nothing inherently wrong with saying something like "I'm not ready for a girlfriend or commitment right now. And I don't know when i will be. If you are OK with that, I would like to keep seeing you casually."

There's also nothing wrong with saying something like "I'm not ready for a girlfriend or commitment right now. And I don't know when I will be. So I think we should stop dating."

Near St. Paul MN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gq1 View Post
    When you're having sex with a woman, you have a relationship. That's a fact. The only question is the terms of the relationship.
    Ya know, after all the studying I've done of LS, this quote hit me pretty good. Never thought of it in this fashion. I like it!!

Los Angeles
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what happened?

Los Angeles
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gq1 View Post