Getting grounded

Los Angeles, CA

Getting grounded

Many people have told me over the years that I often seem 'ungrounded' and 'too much in my head'. I would nod and accept this, but never thought it was a big deal. Sometimes I'd be irritated to hear this, but wouldn't give it too much thought.

BUt recently people have told me it's a problem. Why? Why would it be a problem? They say that it's unpleasant to be around someone who is ungrounded. OK I can accept that I guess, but I have no idea why. What's unpleasant about being ungrounded? About being too much in your head? Why is it important to people? I'm at a loss.

Maybe it has something to do with emitting anxious or nervous energy? Not sure

2. Hey bud,

I think it is difficult to know exactly what you are talking about without having a face-to-face conversation with you.

Can you provide some context of when people say you are “ungrounded”?

If you mean “in your head” are you referring to not participating in conversations? Do you find yourself withdrawn from group conversations?

I noticed you posted another thread about breaking up with your girlfriend — is this criticism coming from her? “Ungrounded” is such a specific term that I couldn’t imagine multiple people calling you out on it.

Los Angeles, CA

The criticism has come from a LOT of people, not just her. Most of the people are in the 'spiritual' community (New Age/Hippie types) and thus they like the term 'ungrounded' and just expect people to know what the heck they're talking about.

Yes I find myself withdrawn from group conversations quite often. This week has been different, I've been very engaged and thus making new friends, though the girl I was flirting with is only halfway impressed (and probably sees me more as a source of entertainment than a viable candidate, plus I'm 20 years older than her so there's that)

And, regarding the breakup, it's kinda back-and-forth. I guess my girlfriend and I are technically still together, but we seem to change our mind on a daily basis...that's a whole 'nother thing though.

4. If you value the comments of these people because you respect their views (as in, they resonate with you on a personal level) then maybe you should ask them to clarify the term “ungrounded”.

On the other hand, if you feel some obligation to alter your behavior due to their criticisms then my question would be: why?

Your comment that a woman 20 years younger than you couldn’t be interested in you sounds self-limiting.

Either:

A) you’re correct — you are boring and not worth her attention. In this case, work on your life and make it more fulfilling (for YOU, not for others)

Or

B) you’re underestimating your own value. In this case, focus on what your life experience has done to make you a person of higher value. Amplify those things about yourself which differentiate you as a unique individual; special because of your age and expertise, not in spite of it.

Can I ask how old you are?
    Last edited by Aenigmus; 07-18-2018 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Typo

Los Angeles, CA

I'm 44 years old.

Yes, I've asked them to clarify the term 'ungrounded' but they just act amazed that I don't know what it means already--then they falter when trying to explain it. They aren't capable of clarifying it better, apparently. Some of them get ticked off that I don't already know, that I should just 'know' intuitively what the hell it means.

Los Angeles

I think you've correctly identified that "ungrounded" is simply part of the lingo for the spiritual crowd you're hanging out with.

My suspicion is you're exhibiting signs of social awkwardness and that is either their catch-all term and/or their polite way of alerting you.

Instead of asking:

"Can you please define what you mean by ungrounded?"

A more constructive approach might be:

"I definitely appreciate your opinion. Can you please tell me some things to do which would make me seem more grounded?"

The former question has an aura of defensiveness.
    The latter question is very inviting.

Getting grounded

I have a friend that researched them and he has the CPL number if you want it. I know it was a P7100 motor with a water jacket aftercooler. It was the highest rating one he could find in the cummins catalog. He wants to build one and put it ina a 80s Chevy in the hopes of getting 20mpg with it.

By the way, I wanted to buy used 2017 Lexus Es350 and i'm glad that I ran vin number check before buying. I used Vinchain http://vinchain.io/ car history service and with their help I learned that vehicle mentioned previously is with all over damage. Hope you'll save your bucks and in my opinion they are better than other vin decoder services

Getting grounded

Im currently running SDX 5x12s. Theyve been good injectors but thinking about trying something different before too long.

Ive got a couple options, I could send the 5x12s in to get ballenced ect. Or I could send my stock size 6x009s? In and get them extruded and ballenced.

Id like them to perform same as or better that what I have now, but I want them to run clean and efficient. Absolute least idle haze possible and keep the performance. The 5x12s are fairly clean but do haze a bit sometimes, I think theyre getting dirty or something.

Id really like to get the stockers extruded but dont know if theyd compare to what I have now and be clean and effecient.

What would yall recommend.

It means you're not paying attention and not focusing on the girls you're with