Field Report: The First Night

Los Angeles
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Field Report: The First Night

Hey everyone!

Backstory: went to a local LA spot to see my friend perform, around 7:45 pm and ended up staying til about 1:30 am.

My first set was with the door lady. Just a quick hi, and who im here to see is all she needed. She was the warmup.

So, the second set was the waitress. By my standards, about a 6. She was cool and flirty (as all waitresses should be for dem tips), but she was touching me. And like she grabbed my arm, leaned on me, touched my face, etc. You could say an airplane went over my head, because I denied that she was hitting on me. But she was, HARD. Later, i ask if i could take her out. Thats a strike, and rejection. Once we walked out, everyone was bidding farewell, but they told me that with my looks, theyd be hitting up the waitress like nobodies business. Now, the gears in my head start spinning. I had confidence when talking to her earlier, but now the reality sets in. Once I go back inside, we make eye contact every now and then. I call her over and apologize for my friend's behavior (their suggestion) but she shoots it down. We chat a bit more, and she makes a comment about not vibing with people she doesnt know well. I ask if we're vibing pretty good and she says she doesnt know me. Strike 2. Maybe she was a little bit tough for my first night out. She ends up leaving to wait more tables. We make eye contact throughout the night, but nothing comes of it.

I open a third set 6 with the bartender. She's obviously not interested as it seems she's going through some ish in her daily life, but i engage her by getting me a helluvalot of waters followed by some liquid courage near the end.

The fourth was a HB8 who came to the bar (i was sitting there after friends left, trying to look mysterious lol) to order some drinks. We make small talk and she leaves. Obviously guarded. maybe big black men scare her rofl.

Fifth set was an HB7. She was much more talkative and responsive. While she was waiting for drinks, i struck up a conversation. Her talkativeness probably helped me out, cuz i felt more natural during this exchange. After several moments of talking and looking toward the stage (i remember the thing about not continuing to stare at her once things get quiet or she looks away or a window will be missed), she went back back to her table. Later in the night, she came back between one of the sets, and we had this talking back-to-back thing going on. I dont know why, but it was pretty awesome.

6th set was an HB8 easily. Blonde hair, blue eyes, tall. Beautiful. I'd been glancing her way all night, but she was with someone so I couldnt just walk up to her (yet.) She came to the bar to pick up a couple drinks, and thats when i made my open. "You come here often?) Was the line i used most throughout the night. Doing that, she started chatting about not being at that bar for a minute, but threw the ball right back into my court. We had a good vibe going. She had friends in the club, that was performing, and also knew the touchy waitress. She writes poems and explained to me how she writes them during jazz performances. It was over my head, and we both laughed about that. She then told me to give her my phone so I can add her so i can attend one of her performances in DTLA (this one was in Beverly Hills.). Talk about a confidence booster! Just to make sure I didn't forget, i sent the follow up message with her there then played the message off that. I was wearing a nice, & very comfortable coat on and had her touch it, assuring she made the connection. After that, she went back to her table. Nice interaction. She was also an actress so we were able to chat about the projects we're working on, since im also an actor.

7th set was a two-set + dude HB5, HB4. HB4 thought she was hot shit, so I dropped her and focused on her friend. HB5 was much more humble and talkative. First time there as well, but with a black dude who I also introduced myself to. He didnt introduce me to her, so I had to pull her into the convo himself. She's cool. Long legs, small torso, so that was kinda weird.

After all was said and done, I got myself submerged for the night after going back inside. I was about to call it a night, go home and go back to sleep. Im glad I didnt. Im gonna try to start going out more and put myself outside my comfort zone on a weekly basis. But the first night, despite nothing really happening (i really coulda f-closed the waitress if i knew how to handle her, i think) it was a successful first night!

Could I go back to that spot in the future? That really was a chill place

Austria
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great report man...keep up the good work and try to lose your outcome dependency a bit, its not about f closing but about getting out of your comfort zone and having fun

Los Angeles
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the advise, Raiyans! Ill keep that in mind!