When / What to Text ? - Page 2

FirstFirst 12
  1. Quote Originally Posted by kwend View Post
    I ask the question here as this happened to me again.

When/What should you text when you get a number from a cold approach (a girl you'd never met before) and she leaves on vacations for x time the very same or next day ?

should you still shoot 1rst text 2 days later ? what kind of text ?
    should you try to build rapport, comfort / a relationship via text during x ?

is the way to go about it different wether
    x= 1 week,
    x= 2 weeks,
    x= 3 weeks,
    x= 1 month,
    x= 2 months ?
    Gonna take a shot at this.

First question... when/what should you text - in the context that you provided - I'd text once every 2 days or so. At night only, since they are on vacation and likely to be busy during the day.

But this is assuming that your texting actually stopped at some point after they told you they were going on vacation.

Personally, in the rare occasion that I had something like that happen to me, I usually just keep texting with them anyway. But only because the conversation just kept going from the moment I got their number. The only time I was interrupted by a lack of contact was because they were flying in the sky.

With that being said, expect to go long hours without either of you messaging each other. Like I mentioned before, they are on vacation, and likely moving around a lot without 4G/wifi. So the amount of texting will drop dramatically to 1-3 texts from any time between 0-8 hours each time.

In the event that they cut communication midway through, like... "All right, we're gonna be exploring the city today. Catch ya later!", I always go with something as simple as, "Have fun! Don't let the locals kidnap you!".

Interestingly enough, they will get back to me eventually. If they don't do that with you, just drop a note after 2-3 days. It's a vacation, it's okay to leave them be.

Second question... assuming that the communication was cut the day before/same day as their vacation, I'd consider how long they are gone for. Vacations usually last 3-5 days. Not such a big deal to leave them alone in that time. If it goes for 10 days or so, then you might wanna drop them a note on the 2nd day of their vacation. Just something simple to ping and remind them of your presence. I wouldn't push for a reply, and would drop only a note like, "You should aim to get the local tribes to revere you as a God. Don't forget to take pictures!"

Anything more than that, just do what I mentioned with regards to your question, and focus on sporadic messaging. 1-3 texts every day. That's more than enough.

Third question... I ALWAYS build a connection. No why. It's just natural. As for "building a relationship" - if I am interpreting that as getting into a relationship with her while she is away (bf/gf style) - then no. There's no need for that, and it sounds like a very weird dynamic/situation to put yourself into.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley View Post
    Autism?
    lol, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Vox
    In real world terms, what do you actually want??
    maybe indeed i'm not understanding this question.
    at this point what I want is just to see her again when she's back in town. I want her to not flake when I'll ask her out.
    she's definitely a 10 so I already know I want to sleep with her at least once.
    as for anymore than that I don't know yet, I don't know her, she doesn't know me.

Quote Originally Posted by storyofaguy
    ... you might wanna drop them a note on the 2nd day of their vacation. Just something simple to ping and remind them of your presence.
    I wouldn't push for a reply, and would drop only a note like ...
    ... and focus on sporadic messaging. 1-3 texts every day. That's more than enough.
    ... Third question... I ALWAYS build a connection. No why. It's just natural.
    thanks your post helped, kind of supports what I wrote earlier about what I read somewhere else

London

Ok, we got there in the end and that's exactly what I expected you to write.

Stormy gave good info on what to do in regards to just texting every so often to keep in touch.

However, as he pointed out and what I was trying to get at with my questioning of what you wanted was this whole "build a relationship" thing. Why would you do that if you don't want a relationship with the girl? Because she's a "10" and you've already decided that you must sleep with her no matter what? Think about that, it's incredibly needy.
    Vox - Love Systems Instructor
    -------------------------------------------------

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCH 2016 - www.datingcoachvox.com

FOLLOW ME: Twitter / Facebook

4. You want to keep in touch with her so she doesn't forget you, so text back the next day.

Some cute or funny banter should be a good start to create rapport