If she thinks u were rude or insensitive

1. If she thinks u were rude or insensitive

Met a girl at a dancing lesson (HB 8.5 maybe).
    Never seen her before, but she gave me clear stares and smiles even before I talked to her. Was surely into me !
    So when she came dance with me, I made her laugh and made the attraction stronger. Then on the second dance I casually asked her if she was Japanese (she is clearly Caucasian BUT she has a strange whacky sense of fashion, crazy colored hair and so on like many Japaneses girls do), and it was a cheeky comment. She was kinda shocked and laughed but at the same time seemed to take it too personally and not as a joke as I intended. She got cold after that not responding much.

I asked her if she was thinking why I called her Japanese. I said cause "your hair color and your sense of fashion is like that, whacky just like the Japanese". She smiled but then I felt like the attraction was not so strong.

She is thinking probably that I am a dickhead or I was rude to her when this was not the case at all.
    I am sure no guy has ever been straight forward to her like that.
    What do u guys think I should do next time I meet her ?
    I mean what to say to get back the attraction and escalate.

Just carry on from there man, your human, the more you make a big deal of it the more it becomes a big deal ( this doesnt apply to everything in life because some things are genuinely a big deal) but i wouldn't start fretting too much about a little social cock up. Because every girl is different you have to learn about them when you go into conversation, but don't expect to do it without ever banging your head you know?
    whatever state of mind and atmosphere you exude she picks up on that so if it is one that you enjoy and she enjoys then you will both have a good time, but if it is one that makes you paranoid nervous, unsettled then you will be that.

Something went wrong somewhere your wires got crossed could be a thing specifically with that girl, might be something in the way you said it. but its not the end of the world. Just keep showing her a good time and escalate the touch.