Gym Openers - gym etiquette - Page 2

FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lin J View Post
    That's right, it's better to find the right timing
    Had the perfect opportunity with the stunner at the gym and I nailed it. She was doing some crazy leg workouts and I used that as a situational opener. To my surprise, she smiled and was very receptive. Turns out she competes in those athletic bathing suit competitions or something.

But I kept the interaction brief and did not go for the number, she was stretching at the time; planting the seed as they say. Good move or bad?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KenAffleck View Post
    Had the perfect opportunity with the stunner at the gym and I nailed it. She was doing some crazy leg workouts and I used that as a situational opener. To my surprise, she smiled and was very receptive. Turns out she competes in those athletic bathing suit competitions or something.

But I kept the interaction brief and did not go for the number, she was stretching at the time; planting the seed as they say. Good move or bad?
    It depend on if it's a gym's social circle thing. Cuz some girl does go there at regular basis and in that case you have leeway, you don't have to get number that day. Else if you are not sure, than you should get number, if timing is not right, then wait until she finish the workout and go after her and get the number. You should always ping for "What are you doing after?" to see if it's a possibility of a SDL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's the 1 gym you always go to and not say a 24 hour gym, which let you attend all the gyms they have in your city with a swipe card,
    I'm not comfortable approaching in a gym, unless a girl gave strong signals she wanted to chat.

It has nothing to do with approach anxiety, but the fact that if I approach a girl inside or outside the gym and get turned down, I don't want to
    have to deal with the awkwardness of seeing her again in the gym, if she attends it regularly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a gym go for social circle, befriend the front door dudes and trainers and let social momentum carry the hot girl into your arms (if she's in the gym's social circle)
    If she's just a rando who works out by herself, ask her if she knows where the water fountain is. Then ask her out for a drink (at the water fountain), first round's on me of course. Gets a laugh.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great thread and thanks for all the opinions. Plenty to think about.

As a follow on, many of these women are going to the shops straight from their workouts and looking good as hell and flirty as fuck. What about day game openers when meeting a woman who is dressed in fitness gear? Direct with good pivots to what she is doing her workouts for/hobbies and interest? What is a good way to compliment her demeanor as opposed to her garmentry?

And thanks.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duplicate post by mistake.
    Last edited by QuietStorm81; 07-14-2014 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Duplicated by mistake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just told by a really hot girl I have gone out with twice now, that she "absolutely hates" when guys try to talk to hear at the gym. She went on to explain that she does not want to make friends there, just wants to go and workout and leave.

Is this common? Do the hot women wearing the skimpy clothes really dislike it when anyone talks to them at the gym? WWID - What would an instructor do

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gym Openers - gym etiquette

I've heard that before and I typically won't approach in a gym. But I've had great results approaching as girls and I enter or exit the gym.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just told by a really hot girl I have gone out with twice now, that she "absolutely hates" when guys try to talk to hear at the gym. She went on to explain that she does not want to make friends there, just wants to go and workout and leave.
    Be careful about those well-meaning female dating advice. Women always hate getting approached by chumps, but just like anywhere else, women enjoy the attention of attractive, socially competent guys.

At the gym women are there for a reason and she may feel more self-conscious while sweating in her tight gym outfit. I would not go direct unless it was the last resort. The girl is probably there for a while, treat it a bit like hired gun game. Go functional, situational or humorous and gauge her. If she's open to talk, just do your thing, it's easy to relate with and qualify her on taking care of herself, or having ambitions thereof. If she's not open to talk, run slow game on her until she opens up or takes a break.

Is this common? Do the hot women wearing the skimpy clothes really dislike it when anyone talks to them at the gym? WWID - What would an instructor do
    This is where the social calibration comes in. Is she wearing skimpy clothes for the same reason as she's wearing a miniskirt a Friday evening at the club?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's doesn't really matter what a girl thinks. It matters what she does, so just approach anyways. You should see approaching women as an open door rather than something handed to you. As long as you see an opening, just keep going as long as you enjoy the interaction and of course don't do anything stupid.