Cowboy boots

Thread: Cowboy boots

London
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cowboy boots

I absolutely love cowboy boots, but I've never owned a pair. Any thoughts on whether they are reasonable footwear? Anyone who's seen my thread (http://www.theattractionforums.com/c...-clothing.html) will know that they wouldn't fit with my current style, but I just think they look really cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boots? Love 'em!

Women notice footwear. Cowboy boots are a strong footwear, especially where less common (Australia, Eastern Europe). As long as your attire doesn't say "redneck" and "country music fan" it is an excellent shoe choice.

Boot barn will ship out a set of fake alligator shoes for under $100 bucks. This one gets a lot of attention but is still reasonable in price.
    Once you decide this is your choice in foot wear, you may need to order snake skins or sting ray. Best place / price for them is from Thailand (no store jumps to mind) but you can find Stingray and Cobra for as little as $200. These boot will get you plenty of attention.

If you wear cowboy boots as your daily shoes (as I do):
    Wear beaters for the day time. Boots for under $100 will look good, but that you don't have to feel guilty when you destroy them, especially if you do construction.
    Save the better boots for weekends. Women recognize that you are wearing your male version of 'stiletto pumps' out, and implies that you like them enough to wear the good boots.
    If you do a lot of walking, you will need them re-souled. I suggest rubber souls. They grip better.
    Learn to give them a shine and keep them polished. Girls see dirty shoes as being disheveled. Don't let 'em get crusty.

Good luck.
    -H

British columbia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been wanting a pair of cowboy boots for quite awhile now, but i cant really afford them what with being a student. also i was wondering do the boots add any height? not that i need it (6'3) but if they do it will definitely make me stand out. (no pun intended)

London
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey srpnt. Thanks for the advice. I actually went with black leather in the end because I don't think my outfits and personality can sustain anything too crazy, but your input is appreciated.

Hey CharmHer. You needn't spend that much on cowboy boots, especially if you get them good condition second hand (that's what I did since I'm also a student). As all shoes, they do add at least a little height but it really varies between different boots. The heels can be really quite something (I think 3 inches is possible), but as you say, you don't really need the height, so I'd go for lower heels if I were you.

Santa Monica
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just get some jeans, a trendy button up or t-shirt, and a leather jacket to go with them and you're set.

I just sold my kidney for a pair of gorgeous Italian boots. The most I've ever spent. Fortunately.. here in LA.... the designer stores will barter. It's the strangest thing I'm still adapting to but I saved a crazy amount.

Wear boots somewhere where they're not expected and there's another conversation starter.... right on your feet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read this thread and went and bought a pair straight away! See below.

I got them off zappos for under $150. I think they look great and I like the distressed leather.

I'm now looking for a jacket that I can wear with these boots. I've already got a pair of nice jeans but finding a jacket/ shirt combo is proving a little difficult.

Any suggestions? Please post pics here if you've found something that will make me look hot!

1412015-p-DETAILED.jpg

London
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Runway_OZ View Post
    I read this thread and went and bought a pair straight away! See below.

I'm now looking for a jacket that I can wear with these boots. I've already got a pair of nice jeans but finding a jacket/ shirt combo is proving a little difficult.
    Hey man. I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves cowboy boots round here. I personally wear mine most often as part of an all-out western outfit with light blue jeans, plaid shirt and a stetson. Where I live this is unusual enough to make it interesting, but not so unusual it looks like some sort of cowboy fancy dress.

How to wear your boots depends on where you live both culturally and in terms of climate, but I hope other people will be able to help you out.