Overcoming Day Game AA Journal - Page 2

FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only read from the last few posts, so whatever I say here is based on that.

In my opinion, doing the whole "asking for directions" thing is a very basic and small step.

There is no progressive action plan. I reckon you should think bigger. Start with something more - play with going direct, asking for an opinion, making an observation, etc - and then forcing yourself to continue the conversation beyond the first 2 lines. After that, you want to push for making a connection fast. It's all about going further and further to eventually getting a number, and then a date. And then more.

You want to rewire your mind into making this a natural habit to push your own limits. You are playing it too safe for now... safe to the point where you're practically wasting your own time. Okay, so you asked for directions... so what? Is that even pushing you to your end goal?

UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you're absolutely right. What I discovered last time was that I didn't actually mind being rejected by the girl, my biggest fear was what other people thought, seeing me chase down* a girl and thinking I was a creep. My thinking this time was progressing from asking directions from someone passing, to chasing down and asking directions as an intermediate step to chasing down and going direct. Once I'm in set, I relax. You're right though, might as well just jump to going direct.

* I mean change direction and quick trot after the girl, chase down makes me sound like a killer out of a horror movie

UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I went down to the mall the past couple of days with the intention of opening directly rather than asking for directions, and failed both times. Yesterday, no excuses, there was 3 sets I could have opened and I bottled them all. Today, I went down too early and the place was dead. The only hot girl I saw was walking right in front of a pack of people, so I couldn't approach from behind without wading through them. Not sure what to do in that situation (open from the front?) Anyway, not beating myself up too much (yet). Setting myself a target of Monday to do a direct opening.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any other place aside from the mall?

Also... just out of curiosity, why only from Monday onwards?

UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by storyofaguy View Post
    Is there any other place aside from the mall?
    Not near where I live. I'll be able to try the city centre during lunch times when I'm back at work next week.

Also... just out of curiosity, why only from Monday onwards?
    No real reason, it'll just be exactly 2 weeks after I decided to get off my arse and give things a try again. If I can do at least one direct approach by then, I'll have gone from not being able to do anything to direct opening in two weeks. Measurable progress

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotcha. The city centre idea sounds good. Attractive women flock to the city areas, so it sounds like you will do fine. Ever considered looking for a wing? That helps tremendously.

UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever considered looking for a wing? That helps tremendously.
    Unfortunately, most my social circle are the same age as me and (un)happily married or in LTRs.

UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bleh, another day, another failure. Man, approaching someone and giving a complement seems such an easy thing to do in my head anywhere that's not in the field, but damned if I can get my body to comply once I get out there. I'd forgotten how hard it was. Some random HB gave me the 'break eye contact sideways' thing on my way into the mall and it just completely broke my state. No idea why, but it did. Makes no sense. Overcoming the ego and realising you're not as confident and secure as you think you are is a real gut blow. I can get up and present meetings, give lectures to rooms of 100+ people, why can't I do something as simple as this? Bullshit.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiji View Post
    Unfortunately, most my social circle are the same age as me and (un)happily married or in LTRs.
    Forums and FB "pua" groups are your best options.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiji View Post
    Bleh, another day, another failure. Man, approaching someone and giving a complement seems such an easy thing to do in my head anywhere that's not in the field, but damned if I can get my body to comply once I get out there. I'd forgotten how hard it was. Some random HB gave me the 'break eye contact sideways' thing on my way into the mall and it just completely broke my state. No idea why, but it did. Makes no sense. Overcoming the ego and realising you're not as confident and secure as you think you are is a real gut blow. I can get up and present meetings, give lectures to rooms of 100+ people, why can't I do something as simple as this? Bullshit.
    AA is always a symptom of a much deeper issue. You'll need a lot of self reflection to get why you feel that way. The simplest way is to consciously force your body out of thinking mode and into action.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Approaching total strangers is a really hard thing to do. In my in counters most women don't apear to want to be approached. And that makes it much harder. I try and look for eye contact and for the most women either just look away or don't look my way at all. Like I'm completely invisible to them... That right there can kill your inner game. Storyfaguy is right. Just asking for directions is a waste of time. I still like former PUA Paul Janka's pick up style.

He also would stop a girl and ask her for directions. But then he would go into asking her if she's from around here. Then he would just ask her questions about herself and then he would say will look I'm in town for a couple weeks, why don't you give me your number and will meet up later on. And all his videos he gets the number right on the spot. Keep in mind this guy is above average in looks. So I'm sure that's a major advantage for him. But if you can pull off his style of approaching and then getting a number and keep in mind it is a numbers game.

Wp

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    Approaching total strangers is a really hard thing to do
    Yes, that's why most guys don't do it and even fewer actually gets good. Please stop repeating that it's difficult, we all know. You're killing the vibe.

In my country most women don't appear to want to be approached
    What country is that? Canada? For the love of... please stop yourself.

I try and look for eye contact and for the most women either just look away or don't look my way at all.
    And because of that you've concluded that it comes down to looks. Please get into your skull that the reason women avoid eye-contact is that otherwise guys would approach them too much. This is game 101. Don't wait for invitations to approach, because you will rarely get it. Just fucking approach. And when they don't give you anything to work with, or tell you they have a boyfriend, it's not because they don't like you, it's because your game sucks. So keep approaching until you get better.

Keep in mind this guy is above average in looks
    Any talk about the importance of look will have consequences from now on. Use this time to approach. You've been showing a few good signals lately. Focus on that. Approach some girls the next weeks, preferably at least 10-20 (That's almost nothing, it's one girl a day), then come back and write about it.