Can you list expensive jeans that are overrated? - Page 4

FirstFirst 1234
  1. Quote Originally Posted by rdc363 View Post
    I either get Old Navy, or if I want nicer jeans I'll go to overstock.com or some close out items on the Mark Ecko store. Usually, I refuse to pay over $50.00 for a pair of jeans, but may get a few pairs of these custom tailored: Makeyourownjeans.com, Custom Jeans | Designer Jeans . I think anything over $50.00 is pointless unless they're custom tailored to fit.

I probably, on average spend about $50.00 - $60.00 per pair (currently have about 10 pairs) after tailoring.

IMO, the money saved can be put into shoes, hooodies, jackets, etc as the main fashion point of an outfit. For me jeans are just the supporting cast.
    Women will have to completely disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrooom View Post
    Women will have to completely disagree with you.
    lol I'm gonna use that as an opener, "which is sexier to have 10 pairs of $50.00 jeans or a few pairs of $150.00+ jeans?." I do live in the suburbs of a smaller metropolitan area, things could be different in N.Y. or L.A.......

3. Dolce & Gabbana Gold Plated Jeans for Men

Just for the laughs, a similar style pair o jeans with 24k gold plated back insignia and pure gold buttons + zipper was available in US only for a low, low price of $2999. Guess what, they are sold out now just in under two months

Quote Originally Posted by rdc363 View Post
    I either get Old Navy, or if I want nicer jeans I'll go to overstock.com or some close out items on the Mark Ecko store. Usually, I refuse to pay over $50.00 for a pair of jeans, but may get a few pairs of these custom tailored: Makeyourownjeans.com, Custom Jeans | Designer Jeans . I think anything over $50.00 is pointless unless they're custom tailored to fit.

I probably, on average spend about $50.00 - $60.00 per pair (currently have about 10 pairs) after tailoring.

IMO, the money saved can be put into shoes, hooodies, jackets, etc as the main fashion point of an outfit. For me jeans are just the supporting cast.
    Why do you need 10pr of jeans?

Pris, I have the RRL slim fits. They're a lower rise and much slimmer leg then the standard RRLs.

cedar rapids, ia

Quote Originally Posted by masterH View Post
    work on your leg, butt first before dropping $$$$ on jeans

$30 wrangler 34 X 32 Vs $200 diesel 38 X 30, now who's going to look better?
    +1.
    weighted lunges and wrangler jeans will get your ass grabbed in bars. true story.
    all i own is cheap wranglers and some 19.99 arizona jeans from jc pennys, and i do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post
    Why do you need 10pr of jeans?

Pris, I have the RRL slim fits. They're a lower rise and much slimmer leg then the standard RRLs.
    Why does one need 5 pairs of shoes? Different styles, colors, looks (some tighter, some loose fit and distressed, etc..).... not wearing the same two days in a row... lots of good reasons. Were you really wondering or just flaming?

I have one pair for working in the garage and one pair for dressing casually. They're breaking in, had I 10 pr they would never break in.

So, with that in mind i have 1 pr of jeans so that they break in, while i have 7pr of shoes so that they dont wear out. Aside from that they're for different levels of formality. Jeans are only 1 level of formality (casual).

7 For All Mankind