How is Feminism Affecting Men? - Page 3

FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. feminism has done things like allow women to be more competitive career-wise & more adventurous sexually. the effect is macro, not micro. talking about how feminism effects you personally is beyond pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexroth View Post
    feminism has done things like allow women to be more competitive career-wise & more adventurous sexually. the effect is macro, not micro. talking about how feminism effects you personally is beyond pointless.
    Ya dude, I dont know what people who complain about feminism are talking about.

Its like complaining that black Americans are getting too free and trying to put down the whites and take over the country as if they want things to go back to slavery or something. Very weird and paranoid.

The fact is that we are living in a different era. Love it or hate it, but this is the reality. Things are different for both men and women.

Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by jankren View Post

Its like complaining that black Americans are getting too free and trying to put down the whites and take over the country as if they want things to go back to slavery or something. Very weird and paranoid.

The fact is that we are living in a different era. Love it or hate it, but this is the reality. Things are different for both men and women.
    But what is interesting is the fact that former oppressed races, sexes are now more powerful and can get away with a lot more.

For instance: Couple of days ago I watched the movie Jerry Macguire and there was a conversation between man and wife (who were black). The wife told the man: "You are a strong, beautiful, black man."

Now picture a white woman telling a white man in a movie that he is a strong, beautiful, WHITE man. That wouldn't be tolerated, for sure!

Now I'm definitely NOT a racist but I did notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbi View Post
    But what is interesting is the fact that former oppressed races, sexes are now more powerful and can get away with a lot more.

For instance: Couple of days ago I watched the movie Jerry Macguire and there was a conversation between man and wife (who were black). The wife told the man: "You are a strong, beautiful, black man."

Now picture a white woman telling a white man in a movie that he is a strong, beautiful, WHITE man. That wouldn't be tolerated, for sure!

You are exactly the people Im talking about.

We will talk when blacks start hanging whites on trees and get away with it.

There is something called 'HISTORY'. Just 30 years ago black people couldnt use the same restroom and the same drinking fountain as white people.

The sensitive memory of white supremacy is still fresh. One generation hasnt even passed yet since the civil rights movement.

The truth is minorities in the US just like anywhere else harbor inferiority complex. There is an invisible social ladder in this country.

1>Whites 2>Blacks 3>Asians 4>Hispanics.

So when whites are complimenting their own racial group, it sounds excessive in the ears of other racial groups.

Just imagine a poor person says, "Im the best poor guy!" He sounds noble right? Now what if a rich person says, "Im the best rich guy!" Immediately he sounds like an obnoxious bastard right?

The same thing like when a woman says, "Hey man, can you grab that for me?" She sounds alright right? Now what if a man says, "Hey woman, can you grab that for me?" Im a guy and even that sounds sexist to me.

This is how it is anywhere in this world. The ones on top are always being watched with jealousy and suspicion by those below.

Im a member of the minority so I know what Im talking about.

I like the parallel you drew, thats awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Arbi View Post

Its tough to be colored in America. Especially black. I could not imagine being black in America. Few people who are not of color can understand what its like to be colored. Some people think racism still does not exist, but that's just ignorant.

Black people have been pushed to the ground for years. The only way to over come such hardship is to be proud. For a woman to call her husband a strong black man is to make up for what society has indirectly called him. Its not racism at all. If whites were in the position of blacks, then noticing such a line would never be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzi17 View Post
    For a woman to call her husband a strong black man is to make up for what society has indirectly called him. Its not racism at all.
    Exactly my point.

Like I said, minorities, especially black people feel deep down maybe unconsciously that we are less than white people. We see white people as the ruling class or some sort.

But then again, I think overtime after a couple generations maybe this feeling will go away and the past will be forgotten.

Exactly my point.

Like I said, minorities, especially black people feel deep down maybe unconsciously that we are less than white people. We see white people as the ruling class or some sort.

But then again, I think overtime after a couple generations maybe this feeling will go away and the past will be forgotten.
    Someday will come. But we have only come so far since racism. It will be generations from now before we come to that day. However, not matter what there will always be some type of racism recreated somewhere else in the world.

9. Feminism was created to divide the American family, inflate the tax revenue, and lower working wages all under the guise of women's equality.

Pretty sneaky huh? Don't believe it? Do your homework, that shit is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Lan View Post
    Feminism was created to divide the American family, inflate the tax revenue, and lower working wages all under the guise of women's equality.

Pretty sneaky huh? Don't believe it? Do your homework, that shit is real.
    Lol, you are joking right?