PDA

View Full Version : Quick text message comeback?

riopua
06-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Met a girl last saturday, we texted a bit back and forth for two days, then I left it quiet yesterday.

Today I reinitiated with:
'just made you open your phone for no reason...looks like i got u in check:)'

she goes:
'always playing games, eh?'

.... im at a loss for a reply :) not sure if she's shit testing me...

GSKMSK
06-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Met a girl last saturday, we texted a bit back and forth for two days, then I left it quiet yesterday.

Today I reinitiated with:
'just made you open your phone for no reason...looks like i got u in check:)'

she goes:
'always playing games, eh?'

.... im at a loss for a reply :) not sure if she's shit testing me...

possbily "and always winning them"

depends on yoru character though, dont come fof as too cocky

riopua
06-26-2009, 07:39 AM
hah that would've been a good one.

No, I ended up saying 'pictionary, tabboo, jenga...sometimes a bit of tetris' and then a follow up 'just off work, time to head home' (giving her a sense of my reality). Ended up well.

Lev1
06-26-2009, 09:16 AM
hah that would've been a good one.

No, I ended up saying 'pictionary, tabboo, jenga...sometimes a bit of tetris' and then a follow up 'just off work, time to head home' (giving her a sense of my reality). Ended up well.

When u r giving her a sense of ur reality make sure that reality is a good one with a busy schedule. "just off work, time to head home" doesnt sound like something she will want to be apart of, add that ur off out somewhere interesting.

riopua
06-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Good call.

it went like this:
me:'Finally off work. It's time to relax after a long day'.
her:'lucky you. Where do you work?'
her: '(or did u tell me and I forgot?)'
me: 'palo alto. You're in luck. I don't think I mentioned it.'
me: 'I think I know even less about you (neg?) apart from your excellent taste in books'
her: 'let me guess: a start up, right?'
her: 'what do u want to know?'

at this point, I just called her - told her I was on my way to have some drinks with some friends, and that I didnt want to text while driving. She was still at work, so she couldn't talk much, but she could talk while I was walking to my car. It was a really short call, told her I'd call back later.

then around 9, I called her, but went to VM, and following the advice of a buddy of mine, I said, in deadpan voice 'is this the pizza place? I'd like to order a pesto shrimp, thin crust pizza. And if you could have that cute delivery girl I met on saturday bring it that'd be awesome. I'm starving'.

she called a bit later, but I didnt hear it or went directly to vm - 'hey just saw your missed call, i was on the other line with my brother if you get a chance, give me a call back, bye'.

then 2 hours later at 11, she texted me again 'so..how was the pizza?'

I didn't get any of this until this morning since I had no reception all night.

I'd say it's looking good.

Firega
06-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Good call.

it went like this:
me:'Finally off work. It's time to relax after a long day'.
her:'lucky you. Where do you work?'
her: '(or did u tell me and I forgot?)'
me: 'palo alto. You're in luck. I don't think I mentioned it.'
me: 'I think I know even less about you (neg?) apart from your excellent taste in books'
her: 'let me guess: a start up, right?'
her: 'what do u want to know?'

at this point, I just called her - told her I was on my way to have some drinks with some friends, and that I didnt want to text while driving. She was still at work, so she couldn't talk much, but she could talk while I was walking to my car. It was a really short call, told her I'd call back later.

then around 9, I called her, but went to VM, and following the advice of a buddy of mine, I said, in deadpan voice 'is this the pizza place? I'd like to order a pesto shrimp, thin crust pizza. And if you could have that cute delivery girl I met on saturday bring it that'd be awesome. I'm starving'.

she called a bit later, but I didnt hear it or went directly to vm - 'hey just saw your missed call, i was on the other line with my brother if you get a chance, give me a call back, bye'.

then 2 hours later at 11, she texted me again 'so..how was the pizza?'

I didn't get any of this until this morning since I had no reception all night.

I'd say it's looking good.

you're front end attraction must have been good but shes giving you shit with the start up bit and I dont think your compliment to her was warranted. Did you see how she reacted to your compliment with negative statement. oh and "i know less about you" is not a neg..

Secondly shes trying to figure you out, the problem being is you're qualifying her frame. You'll probably end up text buddies but you have good enough compliancy to set up another meeting. Dont waste your time texting, text for 5 or so messages then set up a meeting.

riopua
06-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Firega - thanks for the re-intepretation. What did you mean by I'm "qualifying her frame"?

I called her friday around 5pm, and it went to vm. She called back shortly after, and we had a bit of an ackward conversation. It went something like this:

me: so what are you up to this weekend? I wanted to grab a drink with u
her: oh this weekend's a bit complicated. I'm going out to lunch then to a concert. But you know what, my roommate has a coupon for this restaurant tomorrow (saturday) and we're going there for lunch, you're welcome to join us.
me: is it lunch or drinner?
her: not sure yet..late lunch or early dinner?
me: ah, see i have a bday dinner + bar hopping tomorrow night, so I wouldn't want to eat twice.
her: ah, that's a shame.
me: but once you're done with your concert, you and your friend are welcome to join me and my friends at the bar.
her: cool, I'll call or text you tomorrow we'll see how it goes

then saturday rolls in, and she texts me around 12:30am with:

'just got home from the show. Was fun but pretty beat. Hope bday parties were fun'.

I didn't reply back.

Then sunday at 4pm I re-engaged:
me: 'the craziest thing just happened to me at the gay pride parade'
her: 'just because brazil won!! so what happened?'
me: 'ur up on soccer? very cool' (ok, probably shouldn't have complimented her on this, now)
me: 'I got hit on twice while walking around. do I look gay?' (after sending this i wasnt too sure about it either)
her: 'no comment. just kidding! Where did you see the parade?'
her: 'saw part of it on my way to brunch. Now at big pinot wine tasting'
me (about an hour later): went to market st tehn walked around the plaza. Are you a red or white kinda gal?'
her(about 1:45 later): 'depends on the season' - I assumed she was buzzed so hence the shortness. But also, yeah I felt the attraction wasn't too strong then.

I'm thinking I'll call her tonight and ask her if she'd like to join me for salsa classes tomorrow night.

Thoughts?

Firega
06-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Firega - thanks for the re-intepretation. What did you mean by I'm "qualifying her frame"?

I called her friday around 5pm, and it went to vm. She called back shortly after, and we had a bit of an ackward conversation. It went something like this:

me: so what are you up to this weekend? I wanted to grab a drink with u
her: oh this weekend's a bit complicated. I'm going out to lunch then to a concert. But you know what, my roommate has a coupon for this restaurant tomorrow (saturday) and we're going there for lunch, you're welcome to join us.
me: is it lunch or drinner?
her: not sure yet..late lunch or early dinner?
me: ah, see i have a bday dinner + bar hopping tomorrow night, so I wouldn't want to eat twice.
her: ah, that's a shame.
me: but once you're done with your concert, you and your friend are welcome to join me and my friends at the bar.
her: cool, I'll call or text you tomorrow we'll see how it goes

then saturday rolls in, and she texts me around 12:30am with:

'just got home from the show. Was fun but pretty beat. Hope bday parties were fun'.

I didn't reply back.

Then sunday at 4pm I re-engaged:
me: 'the craziest thing just happened to me at the gay pride parade'
her: 'just because brazil won!! so what happened?'
me: 'ur up on soccer? very cool' (ok, probably shouldn't have complimented her on this, now)
me: 'I got hit on twice while walking around. do I look gay?' (after sending this i wasnt too sure about it either)
her: 'no comment. just kidding! Where did you see the parade?'
her: 'saw part of it on my way to brunch. Now at big pinot wine tasting'
me (about an hour later): went to market st tehn walked around the plaza. Are you a red or white kinda gal?'
her(about 1:45 later): 'depends on the season' - I assumed she was buzzed so hence the shortness. But also, yeah I felt the attraction wasn't too strong then.

I'm thinking I'll call her tonight and ask her if she'd like to join me for salsa classes tomorrow night.

Thoughts?
K a couple factors here. Your asking a lot of questions, ask your self, if you were in her shoes would you feel like you're getting to know someone or being interrogated. Beware of interrogation..

You do need to get a workable time bridge going though, salsa class seems like a killer idea but might be a tough sell.

If i was in that situation, i would look up her myspace. pick out an interest of hers then expoit that to my advantage. Kinda wierd but if the intel is on the internet you should know it. Anyway read my guide, it will give you what you need to spark a convo, keep it going, and time bridge.

http://www.theattractionforums.com/advanced-techniques/98791-firegas-guild-text-messaging.html#post603616

Most of all get that time bridge. IF you can get that your good, but you may have ruined the situation on texts. text are points, each one lowers your value regardless of responce.

ragmancum
07-02-2009, 05:10 PM
So, what I see are the following:
1. She is shit testing you
2. She is trying to pull you into her frame - asking her to join you and her friend

Put her on a slowtrack - check out BradP's slowtrack technique

Let her know that you have started seeing someone....