PDA

View Full Version : Learning to Open

Dangler
04-24-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm new to the game and I want to learn, so I'm trying, really trying. I don't get out much, and Mon - Wed are the only nights I can get out. I went to a couple bars tonite to practice openers. The first place I went to (a pool hall) only had a couple sets, (15 year old girls, and 8 year old boys) I couldn't come up with an opener for the boys except "you guys have really smooth skin." I left and went to another bar (without opening).
I went to another bar - a sports / dive bar. The only set there was a softball team - seven guys and one girl, an HB-2, and thats being nice. I decided to open them anyway. I did the opinion opener about if a girl makes out with a guy is it cheating, and if she makes out with a girl is it still cheating... These guys were real AMOG types too, but I was determined to work on my game. I was nervous and my delivery sucked, I even blushed, but it worked. These guys ate it up. I stood at their table for about 2-3 minutes talking about the opener. I feel like I could have hooked them, but there was no reason to continue because the set was lame, and there was no one else in the bar to DHV. The AMOG tried to dis me. I ignored him and went on with the opener, and he ignored me while the rest of them gave opinions and asked questions.
Does anyone have any ideas of where to go on Monday - Wednesday nights?
Does opening sets like this one help my game? I need some direction...

Vace
04-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Just keep sorting through the forums, and you'll find plenty.

apg96
04-24-2006, 07:31 PM
all approaches help u out, but if u always open on HB2's it just means that u could develop approach anxiety on anything better than that. U need to try and focus on the HBs 7 and up, those are gonna be the ahrder ones. Some HB3s and down may take whatever than can get.
U need to start everything u know form teh begining. Do the newbie mission.
try this
http://www.theattractionforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5981
http://www.theattractionforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7332

Scooby
04-24-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm new to the game and I want to learn, so I'm trying, really trying. I don't get out much, and Mon - Wed are the only nights I can get out. I went to a couple bars tonite to practice openers. The first place I went to (a pool hall) only had a couple sets, (15 year old girls, and 8 year old boys) I couldn't come up with an opener for the boys except "you guys have really smooth skin." I left and went to another bar (without opening).
Im all for opening whoever when learning, but as youre 31 i would suggest not even opening 15yr old girls (do i need to mention anything about the boys??). Youre old enough to know the reason. Besides they do not have the social intelligence that is going to be helpful with your game with older girls.

I went to another bar - a sports / dive bar. The only set there was a softball team - seven guys and one girl, an HB-2, and thats being nice. I decided to open them anyway. I did the opinion opener about if a girl makes out with a guy is it cheating, and if she makes out with a girl is it still cheating... These guys were real AMOG types too, but I was determined to work on my game. I was nervous and my delivery sucked, I even blushed, but it worked. These guys ate it up. I stood at their table for about 2-3 minutes talking about the opener. I feel like I could have hooked them, but there was no reason to continue because the set was lame, and there was no one else in the bar to DHV. The AMOG tried to dis me. I ignored him and went on with the opener, and he ignored me while the rest of them gave opinions and asked questions.
Thats better, good going. Just keep doing this, its all practice.

Does anyone have any ideas of where to go on Monday - Wednesday nights?
Why dont you look at the liars and make a post in the relevent state / country. They can give you some ideas.
In general, i know that in sydney, there are heaps of bars open every day of the week - find some bars in your area.
If this is not an option, find anywhere where there is a public gathering of people: sporting events, concerts, museums, cafes, shops, etc

Does opening sets like this one help my game? I need some direction...
It all helps (except for the first approach you mentioned).