PDA

View Full Version : It is sad out there

Sovereign
04-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Ok, so on Saturday I am taking a rare day off from everything and just walking along Universal Citywalk, doing some shopping, grabbing some food, meeting some friends later, etc.
I wasn't there to sarge (although the temptation is always there) nor was I there to train anyone (hate the Citywalk for training). So I stop in the Saddle Ranch for a quick drink and what do I hear over my shoulder but, "So our friend has this girlfriend who found these pictures of him and his ex." I smiled and listened as the two rAFC's got blown out of the water, and then shockingly I watched them approach the next set, which was in ear shot of the first set and try the same opener! The predicted response of, "Didn't you just ask those girls the same question?" came quickly. Instead of calibrating and saying, "Yeah, we just wanted to get lots of opinions on it..." these two yahoo's said, "you could hear that?" they were ejected rather quickly.
I took a brief moment to explain to them some quick things they were doing wrong, and then left the bar.
Continuing on my merry way, I am now having a cigarette outside when I see 2 other guys running a similar game and getting blown out of each set. I didn't bother talking to these two....
Anyway, it is sad out there. I think it is great all the people The Game as brought into the community, but I think the most damaging thing that has happened is people are using The Game as a training manual, and not getting trained themselves, or reading anything else.

Masters
04-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Ok, so on Saturday I am taking a rare day off from everything and just walking along Universal Citywalk, doing some shopping, grabbing some food, meeting some friends later, etc.
I wasn't there to sarge (although the temptation is always there) nor was I there to train anyone (hate the Citywalk for training). So I stop in the Saddle Ranch for a quick drink and what do I hear over my shoulder but, "So our friend has this girlfriend who found these pictures of him and his ex." I smiled and listened as the two rAFC's got blown out of the water, and then shockingly I watched them approach the next set, which was in ear shot of the first set and try the same opener! The predicted response of, "Didn't you just ask those girls the same question?" came quickly. Instead of calibrating and saying, "Yeah, we just wanted to get lots of opinions on it..." these two yahoo's said, "you could hear that?" they were ejected rather quickly.
I took a brief moment to explain to them some quick things they were doing wrong, and then left the bar.
Continuing on my merry way, I am now having a cigarette outside when I see 2 other guys running a similar game and getting blown out of each set. I didn't bother talking to these two....
Anyway, it is sad out there. I think it is great all the people The Game as brought into the community, but I think the most damaging thing that has happened is people are using The Game as a training manual, and not getting trained themselves, or reading anything else.
There are also several companies working in LA from the community. It very well could have been one of them training students.. who knows.
It'll be interesting at the saddle ranch this weekend.

NegSmooth
04-24-2006, 06:02 PM
I look at it in a completely different manner. The more chumps like these guys the more likely they are to give up eventually. Sure there will be the ones who do go through the proper steps to achieve a certain level of Game, but to worry that they are going to make a bad name for it doesn't really matter as long as you yourself can AMOG these types and switch it around to your advantage!

Vace
04-24-2006, 06:35 PM
...using The Game as a training manual...
Being the fact that it isn't is why I love it so much. It's a story, not a guide. Beside Neg's right. Right now it's a fad, give it some time.
Or turn it around:
You: How many times has someone asked you ...(Blah JG OP Blah Magic Spells Blah)
HB: Too many...
You: Yeah, wtf is up with that?
Oh, snap. Your cool.

Harlequin
04-25-2006, 11:24 AM
^ Ha! An-anti-reverse-self aware-game opener with pine attachment. Wunderbra! As they don't say in Germany.

crypticfox
04-25-2006, 11:39 AM
^ Ha! An-anti-reverse-self aware-game opener with pine attachment. Wunderbra! As they don't say in Germany.
*lifts eyebrow*
I'm not sure what that meant, but it was cool!
Edit: Interestingly... my area seems intensely free of PUA's. Not once have I seen anybody running routines or been called out on routines. I guess I'm lucky.

SlowJam
04-26-2006, 06:53 PM
i just got done reading swingcats ebook....awesome!!i'm about to read thundercats, cant wait. i'm learning alot about reading. i'm a newb and i think making my own stuff would do best.

MadMaster
04-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Look at it this way. The more losers, the easier it is to stand out.

Maverick
04-26-2006, 11:33 PM
i just got done reading swingcats ebook....awesome!!i'm about to read thundercats, cant wait. i'm learning alot about reading. i'm a newb and i think making my own stuff would do best.
Oddly enough most people starting out in the game believe this. However the people who write the material will often disagree. The reason why we have field tested, canned openers is because they work. You need to calibrate your game around the canned material so you can observe different social dynamics. Once you feel that you can confidently walk into a set and read body language (and get it right) then you should start writing your own material.
Until then id recommend sticking to less popular canned material. The jealous gf run really should be retired for obvious reasons. Take a look in the best of and classic writing (I know there is at least 1 post in there by Juggler that has a TON of routines) and work up a memorized set. On a side note... do not copy peoples dhv stories. A dispaly of higher value is meant to display YOUR higher value.
Cheers.
-Maverick

Ken
04-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Luckily,
I don't have the problem YET here in the UK even with quite a bit of exposure to it. Ive been in this game a couple years and was carrying around The Game here and ALOT of people knew what book it was just by the title. The thing is though.. It actually HELPED my game with ladies who knew about it. lol..
The thing is here in the UK, the humor and the culture can be much of the cynical nature, so MOST people will just blow it off as fiction. Which means less competition over here. ;)
Oh well! I'll just have to deal with blowing afcs out of the water... ho hum.. ho hum..

Codebreaker
04-27-2006, 01:41 AM
I'm in Melbourne and no one i know, knows anything about the game.
Ive used the jealous girlfriend the last 2 times ive gone sarging and its worked perfectly.
Its an untapped resource down here!

Ecstasy.Sg
04-27-2006, 07:17 AM
Codebreaker, if you think its an untapped resource there, wait till you check out Singapore lol!