PDA

View Full Version : Is texting a weak play? why not use a phone call...

ArrowNYC
05-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Please don't move this into the Txt phone game section for a day or two... everyone there supports texting which i think is awesome but here is the thing.

I have been daygaming for quite a while now and sometimes I just wonder if girls think its a weak play to try and txt the next day instead of call...

I have been using it as an opener
"how long should a guy wait before he texts a girl"

i keep hearing DON'T text her... its lame and means he has no confidence.

another thing i have heard is in accord with stock txt game from LSi which is text within one or at max two days.

so i am now switching my opener to
"hey you seem like the sort of person thats socially with it, i'm just kinda curious this girl gave me her # and told me we should catchup... i met her right over ther (pointing) do you think i should text or call first?"

Stack: "how long should i wait?" / "what should we talk about (be silly here) with dhv plays" / "cool can we practice the phone call.. you be me, i'll be her" --> of course you gotta make her drool all over you in the roleplay (omg my knight in shining armor! thank you for calling i've been waiting by the phone since the moment we parted)

Skybit
05-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Texting means insecurity. Why don't you do the real thing and call her? Man up or move!

oscarkool
05-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Text game is great and I'm speaking from experience because it's ALL I DO with women. I only call girls when I'm meeting up with them if it's in a venue where they can actually talk on the phone. Other than that, I am only texting. It's fun and girls love it. Don't listen to the naysayers. Text away!

dman
05-29-2009, 01:00 AM
txt game is great, I ONLY use it

NEVER ring

after all is far too expensive to do that here in NZ

HoboCommander
05-29-2009, 01:35 AM
I initiate by texting and get some sexual flirting started, seeding ideas for a Day2. Then on the day of the Day2, I call and we meet up. It's pretty standard stuff, and don't require any phone game (which I never bothered to develop). Texting is the best medium for me to create a sexual vibe.

DarthWayne
05-29-2009, 01:51 AM
text game is highly underrated by u guys.

it helps to bridge and create comfort ...and u can create a mood for the conversation on the phone .

infact...calling up directly appears needy imo.

HoboCommander
05-29-2009, 01:54 AM
text game is highly underrated by u guys.

it helps to bridge and create comfort ...and u can create a mood for the conversation on the phone .

infact...calling up directly appears needy imo.

agreed on all points +1

gunner12
05-29-2009, 02:47 AM
Yeah, texting is fine, I totally don't think most people would read anything into a persons decision to text rather than call.

The reason so many people are responding affirmatively to your question is because the very asking of that question implies that you think texting is a week play, and your interlocutors are just going with your frame.

ArrowNYC
05-29-2009, 04:53 AM
Yeah, texting is fine, I totally don't think most people would read anything into a persons decision to text rather than call.

The reason so many people are responding affirmatively to your question is because the very asking of that question implies that you think texting is a week play, and your interlocutors are just going with your frame.

actually to me (i just read this quickly) it seems like texting is winning... however i only run daygame

Nully
05-29-2009, 09:48 AM
I like to start the phone-based interactions with texting. I also like to text to maintain attraction between dates... I've fully closed at least one girl who I never ever spoke to on the phone, only via text outside of seeing her in person.

"Whether or not to text" really depends on the girl involved and on the situation. Is she a big texter? Does she prefer the phone?

Something that I do now, btw, is leave texts instead of voicemails if a phonecall goes unanswered. Here's why: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/02/fashion/02voicemail.html?fta=y&pagewanted=all

sunfire
05-29-2009, 09:53 AM
i think the opener and stack u described at the OP was pretty horrible. u bascailly tell her that ur walking around on the street looking for girls -> creepy.
than u act like u dont know what ur doing and ask HER for advice with another girl? ->DLV.
i hate using that kinda stuff for opening, its almost always a DLV.

oscarkool
05-29-2009, 11:07 AM
You've ran over 1000 sets and haven't gotten laid? Your text game must either be horrible, or you're doing something else that's keeping these girls from wanting to sleep with you. 1000 sets....jesus christ.

ArrowNYC
05-29-2009, 05:32 PM
You've ran over 1000 sets and haven't gotten laid? Your text game must either be horrible, or you're doing something else that's keeping these girls from wanting to sleep with you. 1000 sets....jesus christ.

i think the opener and stack u described at the OP was pretty horrible. u bascailly tell her that ur walking around on the street looking for girls -> creepy.
than u act like u dont know what ur doing and ask HER for advice with another girl? ->DLV.
i hate using that kinda stuff for opening, its almost always a DLV.

lol guyz, i take back my request for advice. :) i actually deleted the post b/c this isn't constructive. you are attacking a straw man

1. i never said i didn't get laid from this, i have gotten laid multiple times from this despite my looks, thanks for the vote of confidence tho?? :rolleyes:

2. the flakes are hb8s or aboves and that opener stack works... i won't waste my time with details but i think you got a negative vibe from my post and are imagining it differently than it happened. (especially cuz i said the GIRL opened me and gave me her #, don't know what to do with her b/c i got out of a LTR with an awesome girl and am just not looking, etc... )

regardless, i appreciate your intention to help and wish u the best of luck bros!

oscarkool
05-30-2009, 11:00 AM
you think NYC is hard? Try small town america. Big cities are simple compared to the small towns. However, women are the same everywhere so as long as your game is tight, you can close any girl.

The Therapist
05-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Text game is good and useful, but it's also no substitute for good phone game.

Bad game is asking a girl how long you should wait to text or call another girl. Shows no confidence, no assertiveness, meakness, and some other .....ences and ....nesses.

Chicks like to text! I know plenty that prefer it, but when it comes to asking one on a date and/or making plans, it's better done via the phone.

For example, after some playful text, if the topic of meeting up comes up, say that sounds good, and that you'll call her later about that, but that you've got to run now. Then that night or later in the week, whatever call her back and run phone game and make plans.

Furthermore, some chicks get nervous talking to guys over the phone. I've seen girls not answer a call from a guy they're interested in because they "didn't know what to say."

How about hello? But when texted it's like giving her crack. She can think about responses, get advice from girl friends...... hell I talked to a guy for 20 minutes one night on a girls phone. I would come up with responses and she would approve or disapprove them before I sent them. He never knew (AFC). But she liked the game.

The Therapist
05-30-2009, 12:18 PM
you think NYC is hard? Try small town america. Big cities are simple compared to the small towns. However, women are the same everywhere so as long as your game is tight, you can close any girl.

Ditto that, hell after a while we just fucking run out of chicks!

It's not unusual for me to be in a bar (less than 200 people mind you) and there be a half dozen girls I've fucked in the bar!

I generally stay on pretty good terms with most of my lays, but ever so often it's not cool!

silverghost
05-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Tenmagnet has a thread about it. Please read it.

http://www.theattractionforums.com/discussion/89639-text-messaging-cowardice.html

ArrowNYC
05-30-2009, 06:09 PM

Bad game is asking a girl how long you should wait to text or call another girl. Shows no confidence, no assertiveness, meakness, and some other .....ences and ....nesses.

you guys win! i have a 1 inch cock (fully erect) and no game. sometimes i carry a doll around with me so she is like my wingwoman ;) i painted a smiley face on her so she is always upping my state! can you say SNL? ;) holla!

here is where i learned a solid tactic that works great for guys that are actually high value. (aka rockstar game)
Demonstrations vs Verbalisations - Pickup Artist (PUA) - Seduction Database - - Pick Up and Seduction Database (http://www.bristol|||||||||/outer-game/techniques/style/demonstrations-vs-verbalisations.html)

i use about 7-8 other attraction techniques from negging (rarely) to storytelling and dhv reframes (often) before moving on to qual & comfort. my flakes are hb8+ (in nyc that means model quality or above)

if you are ever in manhattan i would love to show you around (in all seriousness)... we stand to learn a lot from each other...

I appreciate your guys belief that NYC is NOT harder however, i think other ppl disagree with you. this includes Fader, and Fader has reality bending powers... he is a god amongst men, you dare disagree with god?

http://www.theattractionforums.com/off-topic/91275-where-toughest-city-pick-up.html
where is the toughest city to pick up in?

Try doing some searches. This topic was covered already. Imo its nyc & la

many other threads on this... nyc is always way up there
http://www.theattractionforums.com/culture-lifestyle/61946-what-easiest-most-difficult-cities-pus.html

my 9 10 game needs someone that is an expert and i think Braddock, MrM, Savoy or Fader could help... i am gonna set up a phone session with them and probably a 1 on 1.

ArrowNYC
05-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Tenmagnet has a thread about it. Please read it.

http://www.theattractionforums.com/discussion/89639-text-messaging-cowardice.html

GENIUS!
this is almost EXACTLY what girls say... Tenmagnet hit the nail on the head. Thank you Ghostie!

here is the consensus from most girls.
"a few texts back and forth are OK, but after that if you don't call you are acting like a little bitch and you lose value and they likely meet up DESPITE the txting not b/c of it"

ArrowNYC
05-30-2009, 06:39 PM
I like to start the phone-based interactions with texting. I also like to text to maintain attraction between dates... I've fully closed at least one girl who I never ever spoke to on the phone, only via text outside of seeing her in person.

"Whether or not to text" really depends on the girl involved and on the situation. Is she a big texter? Does she prefer the phone?

Something that I do now, btw, is leave texts instead of voicemails if a phonecall goes unanswered. Here's why: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/02/fashion/02voicemail.html?fta=y&pagewanted=all

Nully, u r the man... today at union square ROCKED! (this guy takes the 3second rule to a new level... my guess is u r gonna rock it with that blonde... tell me details homey ;)!) i can't believe how fun your crew is too!

the nytimes article is spot on too... i rarely check my msgs (like once every 2-3 days)... the txt msg is great b/c it doesn't feel like u r talking without feedback and also you can't really mess up a txt that badly unlike a voicemail (think swingers! lol!)

1oOo1oOo111oOo1oOo1
05-30-2009, 09:51 PM
texting is weak, phone game is strong. I hate talking on the phone, but I ALWAYS call a girl if I get her number. After a phone chat or two, then texting can be a way to casually interact.

unrated
05-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Depends on the girl. If the girl seems shy in person, she would mostly likely respond to texts than to a phone call.

The Therapist
06-01-2009, 10:57 AM
I appreciate your guys belief that NYC is NOT harder however, i think other ppl disagree with you. this includes Fader, and Fader has reality bending powers... he is a god amongst men, you dare disagree with god?

Well, I've never been to NYC, but here are my thoughts on it.

Like any big metro area, you've got to know where to go. In a trendy Manhattan Martini bar, the rockstar look may sink you before you open your first set because girls there are looking for the guy with the best fitting suit and most expensive watch. Likewise, in a bar in the Village, that guy looks like Bozo the Clown.

A friend of mine who lives there has told me that it's great, he works in a tequila bar, and has about a dozen or so that he regularly goes to, and says that there are so many gay guys in NYC that finding girls that want dick is easy. And he's no PUA understand, just a guy that is decent looking, and a good conversationalist.

I've heard things about the cynicism of the New Yorker which goes for women too. This may well be the case, but I think that can be overcome with calibration.

There are thousands of bars, night clubs, not too mention other places such as museums and so forth that are excellent for social interaction. Don't get trapped in the same busy club, or the same hole in the wall bar every night/weekend/whatever. Sure, it's great to have a few places where you're well known and frequent, but just pop in for a quick drink, or chat with friends before bouncing, or bounce back to them after being some place unique for a change.

Biggest thing, regarless if you are in NYC, Podunk, USA, Or Hong Kong China..... don't let the challenge of the situation become the limiting factor in your skill set that causes you to fail. You can go to the Playboy mansion and find a reason not to talk to a single chick! It won't be a good reason, but you'll find a way to rationalize it in your head. But in two years you'll look back and kick yourself and realize that if you get blown out 200 times, that simply increase your chances on 201!

oscarkool
06-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Well, if there's anything I've learned from this thread, it's that texting works for some and doesn't for others. In the end, it all comes down to what works for you. For me, I am pro at texting so I text all day and have no trouble with it. However, if your text game is weak, calling is definitely an option. The reason why my text game is strong is because a majority of my game is around loud venues and I don't feel like yelling on my phone.

About NYC: Whether it's harder or not, it doesn't matter. You must embrace and appreciate wherever it is that you are and learn to work the location. The game is never harder from location to location, it's just different. Small town game is much different than big city game and both can be mastered.

stealthSM
06-01-2009, 04:57 PM
does ne1 know where the text routines are ... i found a website a long time ago.. and i remember it was invaluable!... (yes, i know girls are addicted to texting)

The Lone Wanderer
06-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Text game is great, and such a huge weapon in the PUA arsenal! Phone game is cool but with a person youve just met the conversation can easily go stale - texting is easy and puts her at ease.

Crooked
06-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Phone game is outdated IMO.

Texting is how people communicate now. The only people you actually communicate with on the phone are people that you text regularly. Texting is quick, easy, you can say what you want, wherever and whenever you want and you have to wait on responses so it raises anticipation.

When you're on the phone with a girl you've just met it can be a little awkward for both parties at first because by answering the phone you're forced to carry a conversation. However with text, I consider it a "low-investment" activity and you can text with someone on your own leisure, instead of fielding a phone call while you're busy and having to take time out of your day to talk on the phone for 10-20 minutes to someone you barely know.

I only use the phone when I'm meeting up with a girl or after we've hungout (and persumably had sex). Then there is mutual investment in each other and there's no reason why my phone calls won't be returned or why either of should feel awkward talking on the phone.

silverghost
06-05-2009, 05:36 PM
I ll quote my wing on something he said to a guy about texting...

Ever wondered why a girl you send a text stoped replying (or didnt reply)? Its because I called her on the phone and she was too busy to respond to the text. And when the phone was over she had recieved 10 other texts from other guys. "I ll reply to them when I come back from my date with th guy on the phone...

As for me... If you cant hold an interesting convo from the phone it means you probably cant hold an interesting convo from up close... So nothing to do with the phone really..

Phone = bigger investment.
Phone = more sexual because of voice and tonality
Phone = more solid for plans
Phone = listening someone laugh is always better than a "haha" "lol"
Phone = she wont fall asleep while you are thinking what to send back to her
Phone = try telling her the 100% perfect girl as a goodnight story

Texting = If she has a bf and you wanna be discreet
Texting = If you wanna tell her something and you cant talk on the phone (being in a meeting/class etc)
Texting = If you are horny at 2 o clock in the morning and you send her a "What are you doing now?"
Texting = If she has the phone down and you want to leave her a msg to see it when she opens it
Texting = when you thought about her in the middle of the night and you wanted to make her smile in the morning that you remembered her
Texting = just a name sending you random stuff. No identification. (and no saying lol lawl doesnt make you special.

Need I say more?

Crooked
06-09-2009, 12:32 PM
I ll quote my wing on something he said to a guy about texting...

Ever wondered why a girl you send a text stoped replying (or didnt reply)? Its because I called her on the phone and she was too busy to respond to the text. And when the phone was over she had recieved 10 other texts from other guys. "I ll reply to them when I come back from my date with th guy on the phone...

This is all subjective though. I can also say, "Did you ever wonder why a girl rejected your call? Because she couldn't wait to continue her text to me about how bad she wanted to see me."

Talking on the phone definitely is a bigger investment then texting- which is why sometimes girls are more prone to respond to text then talk to you on the phone. Which is why if you can stimulate her with great text game she will be willing to see you, which will translate to an investment that will transition to the phone.

newstart
06-13-2009, 12:05 AM
This is all subjective though. I can also say, "Did you ever wonder why a girl rejected your call? Because she couldn't wait to continue her text to me about how bad she wanted to see me."

Talking on the phone definitely is a bigger investment then texting- which is why sometimes girls are more prone to respond to text then talk to you on the phone. Which is why if you can stimulate her with great text game she will be willing to see you, which will translate to an investment that will transition to the phone.

ive always used texts...sometimes (as recently with a legit HB 9) i make plans and meet up for a date through texting without ever having talked to her on the phone.

im realizing my "text game" and online game are amazing. gimmee two days to text and i can make any girl become into me. and its good because im horrible at holding a convo on the phone so i never do phone game.

Taisho
06-24-2009, 12:47 PM
i like texting and all. I have secured great things over texting, but i think it should be used when you can talk, like at work, class, or late night. Its like passing notes in class. I like to be kinda direct, so many times actually talking to her is the way to go too. depends on the chick too.

TheSlayer
06-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Texting is definitely less "needy" and also you never know what she might be doing? It's better to call when you are sure she'll at least pick up. As mentioned by other guys texting can be used to up her BT and I personally only call when I am about to make plans or I have to talk about something significant.

schoolboy
12-22-2009, 04:40 PM
i dont have free minutes during the day, but my texts are free, so id rather text before 9 pm

clik
12-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Well really it depends how much you text. I don't like to text too much because well then if someone doesn't reply it gets a bit complicated.

spectre trip9
12-22-2009, 11:28 PM
If you think text game is weak, it's only because your text game is weak.

Texting is just part of how people communicate today. You can have great phone game, but if you shrug off texting because it makes you look nervous, scared or whatever, you're just hindering your own skill set. Texting is part of the game.

Not to say that you can't do just fine with phone calls, because I know guys that don't even have texting and do just fine. But a lot of people text these days. Some girls just prefer texting. But they both have their pros and cons.

But if I've been gaming a girl for a while and I've been using texts and I think moving to phone calls would be better, I'll mix in phone calls with texts. It really depends on the girl and the circumstances.

djtetsu
12-23-2009, 12:09 PM
I've been having more fun calling on the phone. On the phone I can convey my tonality and sexuality, as someone else pointed out. Even if it's a weak number close, if she picks up, there's a possiblity of a connection being built right there.

I'm thinking that since EVERYBODY texts nowadays and since it's EASIER, being bold in calling is IMO not needy but shows confidence. You would stand out from the rest and if you can hold a good phone convo you would've have stood out from her everyday experience.

It's been my experience. After the first good phone convo, I can do all the texting I want because I've shown her I'm not intimidated to communicate on any medium

Hitman47
12-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Stop overanalyzing so much.

Jst think, when u txt/phone a buddy of urs to ask him to hang out, do u think this long as to whether it would be better to txt him or phone him?

Generally, especially amongst college kids, texting is a lot better, unless you know that she's free. (She could be in a class, or gym, or studying with her celphone set into mute, who knows)

Also in the beginning of the interaction txting is a lot better, less pressuring, unless you've already agreed for a day 2, and ur jst calling to confirm.

elmore
12-23-2009, 02:22 PM
from personal experience i find receiving seemingly endless texts tiresome after a while. i'm sure we've all dated girls that send inane 'what are u doing?' texts, when your busy. then you dont reply right away and they get moody about it. simple really, dont do this !

after i've closed a girl, i text only if need to (during work, if to say something relevant, like 'running late, see you at 7PM). similarly with phone calls, why go round the houses in a phone conversation, when your meeting a girl that night ? save it for fucks sake !

but thats just me, i dont really dig facebook, msn or social network shit. i prefer the real world. not to say they arent worth it, just it doesnt fit with my approach. each to their own basically.

Mister Mojo
12-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Texting is gold for me personally. I use a lot of stuff Ive ripped off from this site..such as.."VIP number coming in..store with care"..."Do you speak text?"..jokes etc...

I think you have to be careful not to overwhelm with too many texts and expecting an immediate response..I am careful to just send a few here and there and not immediately reply to a chick etc..One thing that Text does more succesfully than almost other format is let you get sexual with someone pretty early. You can send texts about "you are so bad you need a spanking!" or "god you sound stressed..you need a neckrub and a hot bath" and you are MUCH more likely to get a "yes I do need to be spanked." or "yes please" type answer that escalates sexually than if in person or on phone.

However, I do run across chicks who are very opposed to texting and will be like "why aren't you calling me.." or "I hate texts!! can't you just call etc"..so I do think there is a percentage of women who see it as a bit weak or as game playing for whatever reason.

silverghost
12-23-2009, 04:57 PM
Seriously guys give it a rest. Everyone has their own opinion. None of the opinions are wrong. You can do it with both. I prefer phone. Others prefer texting. Others prefer emails. Others prefer pigeons. Others prefer smoke signals. Just give it a rest with the mental masturbation.

Miko999
01-14-2010, 07:50 PM
So here it is.
The perception of texting as 'weak' exists among women but is evaporating.
Most women under 25, especially under 22 are used to texting and it IS the new 'calling'. Over 30, definitely call. Under 25, call if you want to but txt is fine. Under 21 or so, don't bother calling, really young girls suck to talk to on the phone anyway.

Me, I'm 28, I HATE talking on the phone with ANYONE. I don't even answer my damn phone half the time when my friends or family call b/c I hate holding the stupid thing up to my ear. Plus, without body language & facial expression feedback from a woman it's difficult to connect, so why not text and let EVERYONE think about what they're going to say for 10 seconds before sending it. BL & EC are key for me and without that I feel naked. Thankfully, I'm after girls 5 years younger or more so I'm fishing in the 'texting is cool' category....whew, thank god! Girls my age, ain't having it, their fingers ain't fast enough LOL

IDSC
01-14-2010, 08:11 PM
texting is better for attraction game
phone is better for comfort

plain and simple!
if u feel the chick needs
more attraction: text
more comfort: call

But then again i never think a chick needs more comfort, just more dick :cool:

Kick
01-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Mikko
You are talking my language! Now lets talk attraction. I have friends who get laid strictly from texting. I signed up for the conference call and had some friends call I havent seen in awhile, so I decided it was important to go see them for a while. I rushed home to get into the conference call but was too late. So here I am trying to play catch on important stuff. I have major kinks to get worked out on this part of the game. How do you switch the mood from being a good man to be an animal in the sack? Without making the girl uncomfortable or wondering what kind of guy you are?

Miko999
01-15-2010, 08:06 AM
You have to be more sexual, with your words, your movements, your voice, and the things you imply with all of the above. I was never 'that' guy but I find that I've been acting like more of a 'dirty man' around my guy friends for fun, it translates over to female interactions. BECOME a more sexual being and it will show and create somewhat of a barrier to the LJBF zone.

Kick
01-15-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks Mikko, I will give a shot and let you know how it works

Kick