PDA

View Full Version : "x" -- Kisses in texts

Stoic_Tarr
05-24-2009, 05:31 AM
I was talking with a female friend about whether putting kisses in texts are wise thing in the game.

She was of the view that if the HB sends one, then you MUST reply with one, otherwise you'll appear disinterested. I've been doing this, until I started to question its rationale and function, esp after some non-replys.

Now I reckon that I should only use a kiss as a means of Comfort after she Qualifies, or don't bother at all... kisses seem to be blatant IOIs, and its probably best to use them as such. Just needing to check this idea out with someone really...?

(One HB said that: "x" means friends; "xx" lovers; and in receiving, "xxx" run a mile. )

cally
05-24-2009, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't read too much into it dude, I think kisses in texts are one of them things that guys read into more than women do. I mean, you gotta remember that women will put kisses into all their texts, even to each other.

I think you can only attatch excess meaning to multiple kisses, for example if a girl puts xxxxx at the end then it just gets a bit wiered! And she would think the same if you did that to her. Ive always put one kiss on the end, even if she puts two or three. N.B) never up your kiss count to match hers.

Unless your dealing with a major HB who is proving a tough nut to crack (then leaving off a kiss could be used as a neg or falsh disqualifier), just stick to one kiss. The only time I leave off a kiss is if im being C/F or negging in which case ill throw a :-) at the end instead so she knows im not being totally serious.

Happy texting brother

Winger The Stinger
05-25-2009, 07:29 AM
Totally rule of thumb one kiss in texts because it's to women. Mind even my mates put kisses to each other but we are all like brothers, it's means nothing really just put one in and have done.

Creativestack
05-25-2009, 02:53 PM
First mistake, asking females for advice on other females.

Nully
06-01-2009, 12:58 PM
No xo's in texts, even to girls that xo themselves. Gay guys xo in texts, and unless that was a banter hook for you it'll be incongruent.

Stoic_Tarr
06-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Cally: Ta. Helpful insights and tips. I agree one could overthink the detail of this shit. But in my experience, HBs do not use "x" in all texts. And its this inconsistency that gets me wondering. 1st day texting, an HB used none to begin with. 2nd day, she peppered them in gratuitously at the end of the msg, increasingly as I replied. 3rd day, she would then use an "x" after her greeting and also at the end of the msg. They were IOIs... Good signs to prompt the phone call.

No xo's in texts, even to girls that xo themselves. Gay guys xo in texts, and unless that was a banter hook for you it'll be incongruent.

"xo's" -- what are they?

Nully
06-02-2009, 09:17 AM
"xo's" -- what are they?

Hugs & Kisses, which I've seen much more frequently than just kisses. "xo" at the end of a message or "xoxo." Sometimes it'll be "x" or "xx," which would just be kisses.

It would be really incongruent with my identity for me to "xo" or "xx" in texts, which is why I recommend so strongly against it. But everyone's identity is different, and if you think that using them is congruent for you then go for it. :D

mikee
06-03-2009, 01:52 PM
i suggest only adding kisses at the end of a conversation

like ok speak to you later x
or
goodnight cutie x

anything more is just overkill, for me anyway

i'm always getting questioned by girls about why i never put kisses on texts, i just brush it off.

LikeTheWind
06-04-2009, 05:12 PM
You're over-thinking this a bit too much. Personally, I never add smiley faces or anything like kisses and hugs into messages. Maybe I'll add a "lol" or "haha" as an equivalent to balance it out. Also I don't think guys should even be sending "xoxo" but thats just me. lol. haha.