PDA

View Full Version : To Text or Not to Text?

GreekItalian
04-19-2009, 09:36 PM
So, I'll keep it short fellas. This little cutie sends me a message on facebook and we end up talking through messages for a good amount of time. The conversation of prom comes up and she mentions how she doesn't have a date and neither do I. We continue to talk for the rest of the afternoon and I get her number and she invited me to her beach house for her party after finals. So all is well. Plus, I got plenty of IOI's and even tried disqualifying myself. I'm golden. One question though, she said in our last message, "Hah okayy. Text me tomorrow if you want. Nightt =)"

Now my question is: Do I text her tomorrow or wait until the day after? Usually, I'd text the next day, but I'm on a bit of a deadline. Seeing as prom is May 8 and it's already April 20, it's less than 3 weeks away and I need to ask her soon. Suggestions appreciated.

Creativestack
04-20-2009, 02:41 PM
What the fuck? It's just an IOI. Text her. It's no big deal, it's not even a hoop. Cause she knows it's up to you, stop over thinking shit lol. And ask her to the prom at the party.

Top_Gunn
04-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Now my question is: Do I text her tomorrow or wait until the day after? Usually, I'd text the next day, but I'm on a bit of a deadline. Seeing as prom is May 8 and it's already April 20, it's less than 3 weeks away and I need to ask her soon. Suggestions appreciated.

it won't matter when you text her. texting her right away won't matter. she is obv. sending you IOI's (the party). see braddock's and savoy's thread on texting.
i've heard of a lot of people talk about how they should text 2 or 3 days after, but that is total bogus in many situations. reinitiate with a light text then start building some attraction with banter.

GreekItalian
04-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the help fellas. I guess she couldn't wait 'cause she texted me this morning at 10am haha. We ended up grabbing a bit to eat tonight and talking for awhile. Long story short, I've got my prom date now. And thanks for the advice fellas.