PDA

View Full Version : Her text :" she started dating another one.." how do I respond?

rigerhong
03-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Hey guys

I met a HB7 in my apartment last week. I felt that she liked me. We exchanged texts and flirting. But I had to leave the town for 4 days.

I did not call or text her during that time.

I tried to call her and she did not respond today . So I texted her

me: "play hard to get already? When you stop being nerd write me back."

Her: "I don't mean to be rude but I just started dating someone and it's kind

of serious. Hope you understand."

What the Fuck?

How should I respond to this text?

Thanks bro

Nully
03-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Just let it go, keep the number and maybe revisit it in a week or a month.

There are plenty of women, and she was only a 7. :)

TheOpenBoat
03-29-2009, 02:00 AM
It's not about being negative and like you said she's a 7...move on.:D
i think you were rude and the text "play hard to get already" doesn't do much. Imagine if a girl said that to you...you could take it two ways, both of which put you in the driver's seat.

In your age it says you're 32.. I imagine she's somewhere around that age. If for whatever reason there's something she doesn't see in you to make her settle down (assuming she's mature/looking to get married) then she's not going to waste her time with someone who is not her IDEAL...she's ticking. Her biological clock anyway-don't take it personally.

Psychology 101...he who cares the least has the most power.

I say move on...NEXT

jj3095
09-16-2012, 07:49 AM
I would ignore her. don't answer back the text, then see what happens. if nothing happens then move to second stage: forget her.

niceguy_gone_cad
12-23-2012, 02:14 PM
I agree no answer is the best option. If she's interested she'll contact you again. Otherwise, you don't waste more time on her.

strbrrydaquiri
12-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Actually...in this case, no answer back tells her that you are upset, regardless of whether you are or not. If, instead, you DID reply...something like, "Hey! That's great! I hope it works out for you! :) " it will tell her two things. One, that you're a nice guy, possibly even better than the one she is with...and two, that she didn't make much of a difference in your life, which will drive her nuts if she was playing games. Either way, you come out ahead.

BetterThan
12-23-2012, 06:27 PM
"Haha that's cool. I'm glad you're being honest. Maybe I'll casually see you around, I don't mind being friends!"

No response is telling her that you've, to some extent, been phased by this happening. Don't sweat it, you just met her the logistics were off, no big deal. OFFER friendship, you won't have a problem transitioning to a physical relationship down the line so long as you're not her safety net and sticking around all the time calling/texting her.

Be relaxed and lightly flirt around with her when you see her from time to time. When the relationship's over, wait a couple weeks then proceed.

Other than that, nothing to worry about. From the looks of it, she invested more than you did with the, "Hope you understand" implying that there was some chemistry between the both of you. Remain unphased and know that if you want a chance you need to be completely nonchalant and happy with yourself.

Rawfullz
12-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Agree on the no replying in the fact that it seems like you let it phase you.
give her one of those texts that offer friendship and make it seem like you
are happy for her. very mindfuck esque.