PDA

View Full Version : "Phonetic ambiguity"

gunner12
02-16-2009, 04:12 AM
Okay, I am the only one here who thinks that "phonetic ambiguity" in Ross Jeffries' speed seduction system is a complete crock of shit? I've been working some SS into my game lately and whenever I'm reading and learning a new pattern to try out, I can't help but cracking up whenever I read "now picture this in your mine" or "I feel all this energy blow me". It's just so ridiculous.

I think SS has some value. But I don't think patterning works because of the complicated psychological effects of the commands, suggestions, and trance words in the patterns, it's just that being able to talk about novel and interesting stuff is a kind of DHV. I'm sure reading paragraphs from romance novels that don't actually contain any commands, suggestions, or phonetic ambiguity would have the exact same effect.

Romo
02-16-2009, 05:05 AM
I'd say it's more of a placebo effect, than anything else.

If Ross can come up with some things that makes some guys think -- Say this, and they're going to get blown -- I'd say they'd have a sense of relative confidence to escalate.

That aside, energy, the subconscious mind -- it's a subject that not many know about. If you know a thing or two, it's just an interesting subject.

Being knowledgeable about an interesting subject seems to have a better influence on you being blown.

==Romo

silverghost
02-16-2009, 06:31 AM
If you dont believe something will work its obvious that it wont...

gunner12
02-16-2009, 07:26 AM
No, no, I'm not saying SS doesn't work, I've worked some patterns into my game and it's improved since then.

It's just that I don't think it works for the reasons RJ says it does. Like, Romo said, it's a placebo effect; you think you're hypnotizing a girl with "embedded commands" and "phonetic ambiguity", but really you're just impressing her by saying interesting stuff.

Nat3r
02-16-2009, 07:58 AM
people teach different things for different people...personally, most people would expect me to use nlp patterns, but im trying to become more of a fun person, like RSD's "be the party" stuff, and learning "group attraction" from mehow, its all about what you want

mystery will teach you super high value stuff
sinn would rather have you go sexual on a cyclical model

etc.

its all for different peopl

Tenmagnet
02-16-2009, 08:24 AM
I really don't think the concept of "phonetic ambiguity" is useful at all...

NLP is kind of useful, but Speed Seduction is a particularly poor implementation of NLP. It's not like it's totally useless, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

The problem I have with the concept of phonetic ambiguity is that it comes from a frame of weakness, like you have to TRICK a woman into getting turned on.

What works much better, in my experience, is being up-front and flirty/sexual. So instead of "let's take this in a new direction (nude erection)" I'll say "Holy crap, you're giving me a huge boner" (half-jokingly, when she says something I think is cool).

One is sneaky and ineffective and creepy if you get caught. The other is funny, and blatantly sexual. Women respond better to direct and confident than to scared, sneaky and manipulative.

gunner12
02-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Okay, I'm just going to take this thread in a slightly nude erection (LOLZ).

I really think that SS as a system is dated. And I know about different strokes for different folks and all that stuff, but I think all the quality stuff from SS has been incorporated into pretty much every other system while SS has not incorporated any of the new insights the newer systems have to offer. The problem, as far as I can tell, is that RJ is completely unwilling to recognize the importance of social dynamics in the game of pickup, and incapable of parting with his old but useless tools like "phonetic ambiguity" and "weasel phrases".

I've read stuff by RJ where he dismisses the importance of DEMONSTRATING VALUE in pickup. He seriously thinks that conversational hypnosis is the only tool that can help you in picking up women, and that demonstrating social proof and social value are beside the point and irrelevant to the game.

What a douche!

Vapor
02-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Critical thinking should apply. There are enough guys out there with a track record of a) demonstrating skill and b) training students who are good, that you shouldn't be sending any money to guys who have been around since forever but provide no evidence of success. RJ is full of it.