PDA

View Full Version : help with transition from indirect opener

Peter_Pan
01-26-2009, 01:37 PM
ok, english speaker in brazil, done my first day game approach today and only the 3rd or 4th time in my life....would give my self 1 out of 10 for effort.

opener is indirect, have to first ask if she speaks english then couldnt think of anything else except asking for directions (i knew where i was going but just thought id try it)

she didnt know the way so she started going up to random people in a bus stop and asking them and they didnt know, i then stepped back a few steps and said i would ask in the garage accross the street, she started to walk away from the bus stop and in the same direction as me.

i did attempt to keep talking, i said to her that she was obviously not from round here, she said she did but didnt know where it was. This is where i failed to transition, mind went blank so politely ejected.

Now im thinking i can use this opener again, its low risk low reward but kinda feels ok to play the lost foreigner untill i get used to doing approaches and go more direct, and immediately after i was thinking if i get stuck again, i could just say this....

"actually i got to confess....i know where it is, i just used it as an excuse to stop you"

what you think? or any better ideas?

SilverSS
01-26-2009, 02:38 PM
I am not a big fan of asking for directions. If you want to go indirect, you can always use situational stuff. Notice something about her, like her purse, if she is carrying a lot of stuff, anything.

Now, I dont know what your situation was, but if you can always ask if she knows a good shopping mall close by.

Her: Yea, there is one right there
You: Cool, do you shop there
Her: sometimes
You: O I bet you have been to every mall here right.

ANd make fun of her from there.

The fact that you blanked out is coz you were nervous. And it happens to everyone. There is only one thing that can change that, practice. Jut practice, and run more and more sets, and you will see the difference