PDA

View Full Version : Feeling on opening not so hot sets....

TrueReligioN
04-14-2006, 05:25 PM
I am curious on the opinions of you more advanced guys and mods, if opening sets when you are not attracted to one single girl in the set is worth while? I haven't been opening sets unless there is atleast an 8. However I find myself not opening a whole lot of sets because many times there isn't even an 8 in the whole place. Is it worth just opening sets anyway for the sheer practice or is it just going to fuck up my Caliberation in the long run?

Paddy
04-14-2006, 05:37 PM
OFCOURSE!! If anything it will give you a confidence boost so that when you go into the set with the better looking girls you'll just be feeling better overall.
and ugly sets are great for trying out new material, cause if anything goes wrong, well, who cares? cause they're ugs.
You do need to know a few things though, like not negging as much, etc....

actives
04-14-2006, 09:03 PM
if you open a set of at least 5s (comfortable to look at)- who knows? you might actually have some fun. Not to mention any decent girl (especially sets of girls) is good social proof. They can also act as pivots, have hot friends or even be socially connected.
Besides, it'll get you out of the mindset of having an excuse NOT to approach women...

Moxy
04-14-2006, 10:42 PM
Yeah - for the sake of practice, momentum, and social proof - do it!
It'll look far better than a bunch of guys hanging out, and scoping out the room.

Scooby
04-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Yeah open them for sure. Reasons are:
1. Practice your delivery technique and your ability to read reaction to your stories etc
2. calibration - essential
3. helps foster a "no excuses" mentality
4. helps with social proof and warming up the place; keeps you social
5. you may need to use them later (e.g. merging sets)
6. gets you warmed up and in the groove - have you ever felt you need to perk up to be in the groove for that hot set? this will help
7. potential pivots - most UGs have at least some hot friends
Go easy on the negs.
Im sure there are other reasons, but these should be enough.

Vincent Chase
04-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Unless the chicks are completely Rank, or can be considered a DLV just by association, then yes. Approach all guy sets too, build social comfort, increase your social network, confidence and so forth, it's ALWAYS a good idea to approach virtually anyone: married couples, busy workers, moms and daughters/kids, Random guys and so on.

actives
04-16-2006, 04:01 AM
... it's ALWAYS a good idea to approach virtually anyone: married couples ...
Oooh! I forgot about this one. Married couples have a HIGH tendency to get your energy going and push you into sets (sometimes even bringing the target/set to you!).

legonz
04-16-2006, 04:32 AM
I know I should, but I always get that "...ECH" feeling and skip off towards greener pastures. Don't emulate that, though. You should do it, even if just to go through the process for practice.