PDA

View Full Version : How to handle loud, obnoxious Andy Dick-like AMOG?

abct
01-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Hey guys,
I was wondering what the best way to handle the Andy Dick type of AMOG in a group setting. These are the loud, annoying, fast talking AMOGs who aren't necessarily a bully or mean, but just someone who tries to be the center of attention. I actually run into these types of guys more often than the classic AMOG.

Theres a guy in this one group at my school who won't stop talking about nothing. In a group setting he starts flapping his lips and takes the conversation nowhere to the point thats its hard for anyone else to get a word in.

Would it better to become more interesting than him (ala Style in The Game) or befriend him in an attempt to DHV yourself and neutralize him? Suggestions?

Keeys
01-22-2009, 03:57 AM
I don' think he's an AMOG if he's anything like Andy Dick just be more interesting

bob24
01-22-2009, 05:54 AM
Just let him shoot himself in the foot man, he will mess it up for himself

Eigerman
01-22-2009, 06:36 AM
Easy, if he's that annoying with his bullshit, you'll be a saver when offering your target a move. Then, you'll play your game alone and all the other people in the group will be jealous of you (and her).

NumbaOneDesi
01-22-2009, 09:36 PM
You should just say "bro, can you shut the fuck up for one minute, my ears hurt" or something.

LoverBoy47
01-24-2009, 03:19 AM
From what you say it just sounds like you need to shut up him. "Bro, you are breaking my drum beat" is basically what my teacher said to one of his students. He kept interrupting and it was kind of annoying to everyone.

Don't bite every single thread he spits out dude.

Emsley
01-24-2009, 06:03 AM
Ones who blab all the time dont normaly get the chick unless they are on drugs which ozzes fake confidence.

sdnightfly
01-24-2009, 09:24 AM
In your case, does he keep the attention or does he lose them? You just have to keep interrupting and engage in a conversation or have the entire group of people shut him out when he's gone on a little too long, and direct the conversation into a direction that he's going to have no input in because it doesn't interest him... he'll try to refocus it back on him. Totally like a tug of war, but with words. But you need one other person who is interested in where you're taking the next topic.

When Strauss and Dick were bantering, they were both on an even playing field. Dick was more recognizable, but consider who Strauss has had access to and HELPED write books with, and most likely a better storyteller than Andy who is physically funny and rambles but is like a hyperactive kid. Strauss also used the PUA skills for his job in drawing guarded celebrities into opening up... that's one thing I noticed from the book that he benefitted from.

But the point is, dealing with someone like that is like dealing with a hyperactive kid.