PDA

View Full Version : LOL! Take a look around the bar

Vapor
04-2006-14, 07:25 AM
I was in a lounge last night, and looking around it was fascinating seeing other guys in interacting with women. A few seats down a guy was leaning into a girl, BL towards her, while she faced the bar. She was polite and smiling, but they obviously weren't GF/BF. Then another guy joins them from the bathroom, she turns towards him, the first guy leans back and the guys laugh and joke, obviously friends.
I couldn't hear anything, but it was immediately obvious. The girl's boyfriend went to the bathroom, and his friend, who is obviously into her, was chatting her up, BL showing he's into her sexually. She knows he's into her, and wasn't reciprocating body language, even though he's her BF's friend. BF comes back, and his friend turns off the body language, either consciously or unconsciously, so the BF doesn't think he's flirting with her.
This led me to take a look around. Those two are together. Those two aren't, because the guy isn't interested but she is. The 1M 3F set has the one guy dating the girl next to him, but the other two are receptive to being opened by somebody else.
I've never really paid that much attention to this stuff before, it's fascinating.

doc
04-2006-14, 07:56 AM
You are gaining Social Awareness, Grasshopper...Very good.
Now, when can you snatch a snatch from a barstool ?,

the.anamchara
04-2006-14, 10:08 AM
Loving it. That's one of my favorite things to do when I'm at the bars and I'm in a funk.
I'm currently working on a routine that gets girls in on the action. The times that I've sat with girls and watched other people's body language have been really insightful, and I think it has the potential to segue into a routine like Style's evolutionary phase shift almost seemlessly. Any thoughts?

Vapor
04-2006-14, 10:14 AM
Loving it. That's one of my favorite things to do when I'm at the bars and I'm in a funk.
I'm currently working on a routine that gets girls in on the action. The times that I've sat with girls and watched other people's body language have been really insightful, and I think it has the potential to segue into a routine like Style's evolutionary phase shift almost seemlessly. Any thoughts?
Awesome idea for after you've isolated the target. Field test it!

FusterCluck
04-2006-14, 10:29 AM
i like it, this would get the target involved and be a good time filler... you'd also have a good chance to give her BL clues to how you feel about her.
Good

Hysteria
04-2006-14, 10:33 AM
Field test it!
I've done the people-watching thing before. I natually people-watch with my brother... it's just a fun game to play. You can throw in little bits about social dynamics and it's amazing.

Maverick
04-2006-14, 10:34 AM
You've reached the next level of game! This is one of THE MOST important skills to have. EVERYBODY should be striving for this. It's being aware of whats going on around you. You'll get so good at this that you'll be able to walk in and immediatley know who is with who, the social heiarchy of the room, etc. It's incredible to watch. It's like having a blindfold taken off your eyes!
Watch your game go through the roof!
- Mav

theDA
04-2006-14, 12:43 PM
I love that idea as well. Maybe make it a game where you and an HB try to guess how long you think other couples in the bar have known each other - i.e. - met ten minutes ago, first date, married ten years, about to go do it in the bathroom stall, etc.
Plenty of opportunity for humor there as well - "I bet those two met on Eharmony.com", or "I bet that girl fell for some silly pick-up line like"...(insert whatever opener you used on her), point out two obviously straight men or women that she knows and guess like they are a gay couple.
Good excuse to "borrow" target from an obstacle to go to other side of bar to seek out more couples to guess on.
Late "A" phase segue into "C" maybe?

streako
04-2006-14, 01:38 PM
It is a useful learning tool , especially when you are reasonably sober and others are becoming intoxicated and relaxed in a bar environment.
Women are naturally much better at reading body language, the "Womens intuition", as they say. Men in general have to think about it much more and learn it as best they can. It is also fun to go into a club when sober and just stand and watch interaction on the dancefloor, when drunken AFC's make clumsy passes at the babes.
Of course, you can only watch for so long and then must go in to show them how its done.......

h0wl3r
04-2006-14, 01:47 PM
My last few bar nights have been "observation nights" where I go there and basically just observe interactions. I always like seeing the AFCs who stand so cool with their drink infront of them and look as bored as can be. Makes my job a lot easier.
These two HB9s went onto the dance floor and I was up on stage dancing. It was ridiculous to see all the guys swarm around the two girls. I actually felt sorry for them because drunk guys were messing with them all night. The girls basically had to hold onto each other for dear life as guys just wouldn't let them go.

streako
04-2006-14, 02:34 PM
My last few bar nights have been "observation nights" where I go there and basically just observe interactions. I always like seeing the AFCs who stand so cool with their drink infront of them and look as bored as can be. Makes my job a lot easier.
Yes and do you notice the "cool" expressions on their faces aswell? Miserable, I would call it. Do they not realise the girls just think they are pissed-off AFC's!

h0wl3r
04-2006-14, 02:55 PM
Yes and do you notice the "cool" expressions on their faces aswell? Miserable, I would call it. Do they not realise the girls just think they are pissed-off AFC's!
I do notice those expressions. I don't understand how they can actually be having a good time. Just standing around making the odd comment. I've been to the bar with people like that, its not worth my time and social proof.