PDA

View Full Version : Confused about possible IOIs

indecisive
01-12-2009, 11:42 PM
So I've recently been re-sarging this girl I met last summer. Things seem to be going well but she hella confuses me. Whenever I get an IOI from her she will later do/say something that totally changes my view of her.

Examples:
IOIs
She calls randomly just to talk (Early morning a few times, but usually after she gets off work)

We were driving, listening to a CD she had brought along. She asks if I know what the song means and goes on to explain how it's about two friends and how the guy wants to take the next step.

At dinner one time she told me how she got a gym membership, to which I proceeded to tease her about. That night and the following night she actually goes and calls me after she worked out to prove that she went. (Validation?)

Points of Confusion:
Frequently refers to me as "bud, friend, homeboy" etc.

Openly talks about about past love life. Asked opinion on certain things (friend zone?)

I called her out on calling me at 9am one time and she goes on to say that calling people randomly is bad habit that she has. :confused:

I've come to the conclusion that she either
1) is interested but weird about it
2) just likes the attention
3) or is just plain weird

Ideas?

NathanR
01-12-2009, 11:55 PM
How have you tried to escalate the situation?

You say you have been re-sarging?

If she is giving IOI's then you need to be building and maintaining attraction, if that is going on then you should be advancing.

Few more details pal, see if we can't solve your puzzle!

indecisive
01-13-2009, 12:07 AM
haha it's a re-sarge because last time we just lost contact due to our own busy lives and such. and to be honest I've always had difficulty with escalation (I actually just searched up past topics on it right now haha)

But as far as the IOIs go, I just wanted to know if I should proceed and disregard those signs that make me question them

NathanR
01-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Try going on a date of some sort, see how she responds, if she follows then go for it. Then watch out for IOI's.

If she shows them in that situation then advance and esculate (there should be plently of good info about on that)

Thing is it looks like you are friendly and thus IOI might come as a result as that. The date may completly reframe the situation and allow a different angle to be approached.

I have a good circle of female friends and I get IOI's a lot but it's usually innocent, mostly :D, but it happens.

indecisive
01-13-2009, 12:19 AM
haha thanks bro

We were actually planning to go snowboarding on Sunday. She's really been wanting to go and hasn't mentioned bringing anyone else along so I'm going to treat it as a date. We'll see how it goes from there

NathanR
01-13-2009, 12:25 AM
Sounds good fun man -

~Remeber a date that creates emtions will be more effective than one that does not.

Good luck to you

Sylo
01-13-2009, 10:53 AM
IMHO it sounds like ur just friends and she likes attention. she wants to know that she has u at all times and has control of the situation by keeping u on a short leash or something. i dont view those things as great IOIs, just my opinion tho. i vote freeze out, reframe, escalate but thats just me. maybe more details will clear it up for us