PDA

View Full Version : Stories

Big_G
04-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi, I hope I won't be put in the 'worst of' for this question, but I was wondering where I could find I list of field tested stories to use in the attraction stage. I searched the attraction forum and couldn't find a thread that compiled a list of field tested stories :confused: . I am about to start my Newbie mission, and I am looking for canned material. I'd like a couple of stories to use like the 'Burning Mann' story in the VAHB.

Vace
04-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Make some shit up. I used a ninja elephant one. It wasn't that great (I winged in on the spot). The AMOG was cockblocking, but the HB's where rollin on the floor.

Big_G
04-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Make some shit up. I used a ninja elephant one. It wasn't that great (I winged in on the spot). The AMOG was cockblocking, but the HB's where rollin on the floor.
Yeah, I was more looking for field tested stories at the moment. I don't think I am experienced enough yet to make up my own stories. For now, I just want to work on the delivery.
So.... anyone?

Eclectic
04-14-2006, 12:50 AM
Yeah, I was more looking for field tested stories at the moment. I don't think I am experienced enough yet to make up my own stories. For now, I just want to work on the delivery.
So.... anyone?
yeah you are. Storytelling is very easy. There is no one on the face of the planet that interesting things dont happen to. You don't even need to make things up, in fact its best you dont. If you convey things that haven't happened to you, you will get found out. It's in the delivery- HOW you tell it, as well as the content. Here's a good guide to storytelling.
http://www.bristol|||||||||/outergame/routines/storytheory/
You won't find many (if any) canned stories about but if you do a search on canned DHVs, such as ESP tests then they will come up. I understand that on the newbie mission your better off using canned material only, so maybe you might consider staying away from stories for now...

Flowz
04-14-2006, 12:56 AM
just tell about a time when you were smaller & did somethng that DHV's
& how that relates to your personality these days (something preferably demonstrating AMOG qualities..) or, just get on the phone to me & I'll give you some shit I use in openers..
Good to see you doing the NM.. Holla @ me if you wanna do it properly..
Flowz..

TrueStory
04-14-2006, 01:58 AM
Buy and READ the book "How to tell a story" by Peter Rubie and Gary Provost (from amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0898798094/sr=8-1/qid=1145008461/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-3627561-2504040?%5Fencoding=UTF8))
Also, I think you are trying to ask: "How do I make up stories?" (first of all using someone else 'tested' stories might backfire on you. )
Best way to do this: go to the library or your local book store and read/buy some books on journalism, public speaking and story telling.
Also it's useful to listen to people who are good at it. Watch some movies. See how actors tell their stories.
Practice. Make your grocerie list into a story. Make your normal day into a story. PM me i can show you some shit i've written and successfully use.... but they are mine. they wont' fit your personality.
It's not overnight process [learn how to tell DHV stories]. It takes months if not years. I've been learning about story telling for past four month and I am not even close to my goal.
If you are trying to find "oh my god i am giong to sarge this weekend how do i tell stories???? and get laid?" ...that's not going to happen ...sorry brother.
Just try. Get out there and tell stories.
oh almost forgot ...READ Juggler's Method. M&Mazing on story telling. All about DHV. :)

Big_G
04-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks guys. I think your right.. I need to work on my story telling ability. Its always been a weak point for me tho. I think I'll check out that book that was suggested.
Cheers
Big_G