PDA

View Full Version : Do Peacocks have cocks?

Rolex
12-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Is there a way to peacock without looking gay?
I know that looking gay works. I'm not knocking it. Heck, most of the top hearthrobs in Hollywood are overtly effeminate (Leonardo DiCaprio, the elf guy from Lord of the Rings, Antonio Banderas with his long girly hair, Johnny Depp-- in practically every movie he's been in, Howard Stern. j/k.).
Take for example, the guy in the other post with the white furry cowboy hat that he bought in a women's clothing store. Or the New Rock boot craze. Or a feather boa? All of it's just way too "Andy Dick" for me.
Especially at 35, prancing around a nightclub in a pink boa-- even if it works-- just doesn't strike me as enjoyable.
What are some things to peacock with, that don't make you look faggy?
I'm thinking... maybe a white Elton John suit, hat and glasses? ;)
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/events/images/elton.jpg

Moementum
12-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Haha,...too f@ck!ng funny.
I hope we dont meet up in the same bar, two Eltons is just too much in one room:D
Shit man, thats some work your gonna have to figure out for yourself.
I would say jsut start small.
Its up to you to decide HOW much you want to stand out, and how much you can pull off.
Its a balance.
Maybe just start with the glasses;)

legonz
12-13-2005, 08:45 PM
http://www.supercoolstuff.com/items/necklace/pics/JN149.jpg
Something like that that'll glow in the dark.

Moementum
12-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Daaaam, sign me up!
I'll take two.
Seriously.:D

Crux
12-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Have things girls can comment on. An interesting necklace, earings (fake or real), tattoo (fake or real), piercings (once again, fake or real).
Get an interesting shirt, college humour tee's work really well. I have a one of those top ten reasons to date [X] t-shirt.
Just get something the girls can touch or comment on.
I have a necklace, if they touch it, it's an IOI. Then you can say, "Hey hands of the merchandise" which is a nice little neg.
Heres Mystery UBER-peacocked...
http://www.ultimatemarketingminisites.com/peacock.jpg
Peacock if you have good game, peacocking doesn't give you game, but if you have it, it builds upon it.

thizzicaL
12-13-2005, 08:53 PM
that picture...all i can say is wow. the thing about peacocking that throws me off too is it happens to conflict with certain styles (i.e., urban, skater, preppy, etc.) that are found in the general public. my personal interpretation of peacocking is it doesn't have to be taken word for word, i'm sure the fuzzy hat works for some people but the rest of us will feel stupid and awkward wearing one and it will show. So depending on your personal style the peacocking should accentuate certain features, not just clothes; that is to say- bright, bold colors, an outfit matched down to the colors on your socks, an exaggerated hairdo, flashy and eye-catching eyewear or jewelery, exotically shaped facial hair, etc. The point of peacocking is facilitate a conversation and make you more accessible, it gives a girl something to open you with, "Nice ---s you got there," whatever. It also is supposed to exude confidence, any guy confident enough to run around with rhinestone sunglasses, a fuzzy hat, and platform has to have some balls you know? thats what i think, anway.

Rolex
12-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Yeah... in all seriousness... I was thinking a silver ring or two, a flashy silver Invicta watch (or Rolex, depending on the venue) and a necklace of some sort. Maybe even a Panama hat, if I can find one that doesn't make me look like Truman Capote.
He was gay, too. Damn it.
http://www.gerardmalanga.com/hires/0060.jpg

Crux
12-13-2005, 09:05 PM
By the way, does anyone know where I can buy a customizable moving text screen thingy like Mystery has?

Rodzilla
12-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Rolex,
the art of peacocking is in itself a demonstration of higher value. It shows women (who respond almost exclusively to social value) that you can handle higher social pressure cause you're gonna get shit from other men. Especially Natural AMOG's that see you ass a threat to thieir dominence. You are showing women that you are comfortable with social pressure.
Years before I even new about peacocking, I'd wear a white straw cowboy hat with a big silver star on it that said SHERIFF, out boating on a lake where I live. Hundreds of people tie their boats together on the weekends and it's a big party. I had a LTR and wasn't looking for women. I had no idea. It was just funny to me. My friends thought it was funny cause I'm in Minnesota, not many cowboys around here. Well people start calling me Sheriff and asking me if I'm really a cop...Pretty soon everybody on the lake is calling my sheriff and inviting me to all these partys and BBQ's...
Where it got interesting was after dark at the bars on the lake. I'd be pretty lit by this time and would wear the cowboy hat and sunglasses all night. I could care less. I had a HB10. A 107 lbs. Carmen Electra lookalike with brand new big fake knockers. All night AMOG's would be F'ing with me trying to take my hat. Asking where my horse was...etc. BUT!!! HB's couldn't get enough of it. They wanted to wear my hat, take pictures with me. They came up to me all night long...This really pissed off my gf...haha..
So anyway, I toss out my gf over the winter a few years back and get me a new Black Cowboy hat with a big gold star on it. Cause now I'm gonna be the naughty Sheriff...The first day out on the lake I bring a buddy of mine with who wasn't down with my hat...He bitches the whole way out to the party spot and as we're pulling in this HB9 on the front of some AFC's big cruiser screams out, "It's the SHERIFF!!! I love that guy!!!" I had know idea who she was but apparently I met her the summer before and she remembered the Sheriff...My buddy shut the F up right there. Then all the HB's are calling me the naughty Sheriff and man...is that gold at the bars...5 years later there's a dozen guys with cowboy hats out there so I dumped it...Now I have a big huge boat named Booty Bunny. Think that's Peacocking? You bet it is...
Now the point is...why should a HB9 or 10 remember you...or notice you for that matter...what's different about you?
Here's something you won't find in MM or Ross Jefferries or anyplace else cause I coined it. Women like shiny things that are fun to touch...I don't buy any clothes that aren't either shiny or fun to touch. Preferrable my clothes are shiny AND fun to touch...
Women will chase you if you allow them to show off to their friends. (have have social value).
Rolex, you need to peacock...try a silver ring... a necklass...bracelet. and have a story to tell about it...I have a silver ring with one of those roller bands with dice engraved on it. Women always ask about it...I say...That's a good story...I won this in Vegas...I was playing craps at Cesars with this showgirl...and go into my routine about how she wanted my necklass to remember the night by so We made a bet...blah blah bah...Oh I can't get into the details...I don't even know you...blah blah blah...
It gives women the excuse to open you as well. You don't have to take it to Mystery's level...keep it simple...Even a shiny fuzzy shirt...or a eye teasing pattern...
Get Black Cowboy and call yourself the Naughty Sheriff...watch the HB's eyes light up!

Fresno Smooth
12-13-2005, 09:40 PM
By the way, does anyone know where I can buy a customizable moving text screen thingy like Mystery has?
yeha i got one off ebay for a belt buckel
however watch teh fuck out mine no longer works and the claimed display that has 256 characters had only 6
but the others on there had 5 or 4
so buyer beware
about peacoking though
it doesnt matter if you do it or not frankly
but if 2 guys walk into a club bar lounge ect one peacocked one not
whos gonna stand otu
also at first glance if a woman lookjed at the 2 who do you think she will think has more confiedence
the guy in jeans a button up?
or the guy with teh metalic shirt and the furry hat?

Schnoo Schnoo
12-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Seriously, pimpdaddy.com has some AWESOME stuff! Also, http://www.tbuckles.com/index_files/Page435.htm has the LED shirts, belt buckles, etc. I wear a kooshball earring, and red fishnet arm warmers and if it's a party, always bring my big floppy pimp hat.http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00008/27/00/8250072_m.jpg

cold
12-15-2005, 12:16 AM
Attitude is what it's all about.

Ender
12-15-2005, 12:57 AM
i've always said that it's not what you wear, but how you wear it...
you just think about that... Selah

SunnyD
12-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Ya I agree with the attitude, it's about confidence and charm, not what you wear. Ya you will stick out wearing some of the whacked ass stuff people wear trying to peacock, but I think a woman will be much more impressed if you stick out with your confidence rather than the pink tutu you are wearing, something to think about :).

legonz
12-31-2005, 12:44 PM
Glitter nailpolish tonight. Being New Years Eve, I'm going to be able to get away with it.

porky
12-31-2005, 04:03 PM
I got myself glow in the dark nail polish.....havent worn it though:) will let ya now when I do:):eek:

ranma187
12-31-2005, 06:40 PM
why do guys that dress like fags get girls? astounding

legonz
01-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Because the guys who are dressed like that are smart enough to know that they don't have to impress jealous betas.

DeVill
01-02-2006, 03:35 AM
Reminds me of when I was hanging out at a club with a friend of mine last month.
I had a drink in my hand and I was walking around sipping my drink through a straw. My friend Joe, who some might call a semi-natural, comes up and takes my straw telling me it looks gay. I told him that looking slightly gay usually works to get girls. He thought it was bullshit.
Funny thing is that back in February we were at a strip club and he was flirting with a waitress/dancer who was into him. He tried to tell me and our other friend he could get her to fuck all 3 of us. I said I wasn't interested. So he challenged us to see who could get the first kiss from her. I let him and my other friend continue to run game for an hour. Then I swooped in playing hard to get. After an hour of running my game, I accidently AMOGed both of them (tho' I never said a bad thing about them), and I got the first kiss, plus an F-Close in the back seat of my car in the club parking lot while those 2 guys plus a security guard who used to have a major crush on the chick all sat on a bench 10 feet away watching my windows fog up. I made her my girl. Joe was jealous.
Fuckin' guy challenges me to steal his girl. I win. And later on he tries to tell me how to run game.
Okay, I think I went off subject.
Anyhoo, looking slightly gay works. It makes it easier to go covert and run indirect game. She'll never know what hit her.

Gypsy
01-02-2006, 04:17 AM
It's attitude and what you feel comfortable being able to pull off. For example - at Halloween I'd been at a party with friends and I'm dressed and made up like Gene Simmons of Kiss. Full on gear - the works - looked amazing. Then suddenly we decide to go to a club. Wow - out in public now. So we just rocked in and because I felt cool doing it everyone was going crazy. Guys were coming up shaking my hand, bowing down (talk about being the AMOG) and chicks were coming up to me, getting photographs, sticking their tongues down my throat and trying to give me their numbers. OK - so I was copping someone else's look and vibe, but the point was it worked. And two nights later I'm out again and I see another dude with just the Gene makeup one and looking like he'd got lost on the way to a Star Trek convention. People were laughing at him. Difference was attitude - if you're confident and feel you can do it then anything will work and it sure as hell gets you attention.
Now I just settle for my own kind of makeup & look pirate/gothic and yeah it's as andogynous as you can get. But (a) girls love it and will open you - stroke your shirt/jacket or whatever and (b) if they've got guys with them they feel unthreatened because they figure you're weird and no chick would go for you (wrong!) and so you can run your game a lot less hindered.

Spanish
01-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Girls like the gay look I got this shirt with big flowers on it and white clogs with flowers that match it I put that with a pair of leather pants i used to have and when i was up in Glasgow for a few weeks with some mates of mine last year the amount of HBs I had commenting on the shoes the pants and the shirt was unbelievable, and that was before I even knew about peacocking.
Like everyone has been saying its about attitude, wear what your comfortable with, the worst thats gonna happen is some AMOG is gonna say "look at that fag over there to his mates."
Fuck him cos you may look like a fag but end of the night who is gonna have the #closes.
Be comfortable in yourself nad the HBs will be comfortable with you
Spanish