PDA

View Full Version : Is being a caring person a bad quality for an Apua?

Yozhno
04-2006-13, 08:42 AM
I was told today that I am a very caring person by a girl. She is actually one of my pivots and I was trying to do the same favor for her by hooking her up with a guy I know. Is being caring a bad quality if you are going to be an apua?

Jack Handy
04-2006-13, 08:54 AM
No. Caring is a good quality. Not necessary for pu. As long as you are caring in a sincere way and not in a trying to get something from them way. If its who you are then be it. Just be the best you.

WBAFC
04-2006-13, 09:03 AM
caring is a noble qualifty of a man.
However, IMHO its not a good quality to have if you want to become a PUA. Part of being distant and making them chase you is the ability to walk away at any time. So being OVERLY-caring is bad I think. Be considerate and civil but in the end be prepared to walk any time they don't show respect.

alacrity
04-2006-13, 09:23 AM
Being caring is fantastic. However when you are picking up women, use it sparely, only if the women earn it.
Think deep inside, think why are you caring/nice to a person you just met or anyone? Is it because you want them to like you, afraid of them not liking you, like the attention that girl give u when they say "Thats nice", "Ur lovely"? OR Is it because you genuninely want that person to be happy even if they never said a word of appreciation to you for it, I don't know, you just think of your real motivations. Think of different suitations, do you act the same amount of caring to your mother, family, friends or this shit hot babe you really fancy who is talking to you.
If caring is from the heart then your not acting needy, if there are other motivations for it, then it can be seen as needy which is unattractive.

cdramndahouse
04-2006-13, 10:02 AM
IMO, I think being caring is actually a good quality if it is WHO YOU ARE. If it comes from that genuine place inside your heart, then its actually a great quality to have, but if not, then you are being someone you are not and in that case its not a good quality.

Sy
04-2006-13, 10:10 AM
Being a caring person is never a bad quality. Knowing when to show that side of you is where game comes in.

Yozhno
04-2006-13, 10:12 AM
I am naturally a caring person but it can often come across as being needy. I guess it is a good thing in moderation. I have tried to become less need because that has always been a sticking point for me.

Reian
04-2006-13, 11:03 AM
Being caring is a positive attribute. But expecting to be rewarded, appreciated or judged for your hard work in being caring isn't a good trait. You are caring because that's what you do but don't have the expectation where someone says ,"Hey, thanks you for being caring, you are a good person" Because if you do expect appreciation and don't get it, you might be thinking, "Man, I'm caring and no one appreciates my hard work"
Show that side to those who qualify. Just don't be needy.

Kid-A
04-2006-13, 11:13 AM
Caring isn't bad at all. But you shouldn't require 'rewards', that's needy.
I care about global warming and poverty but when I save energy or donate money I don't expect a thank you, the act of giving is enough. Your caring side should be the same even for close family/friends.
If you do a HB a favour that she needs and just do it and never mention it again you are DHVing. If you use it as an excuse to hit on her you'll DLV...

King
04-2006-13, 03:20 PM
to be honest i find all positive emotions come as a hinderence in the efficiency of the pick up
this is a game where i think ruthlessness helps alot more
ive cut off alot of my emotions i feel kinda dead inside but thats from the shit ive gone through in my life. on the upside though it means i move much more mercillessly then others through girls and dont get attached and suffer so much when soemthing goes wrong.

Tsfen
04-2006-13, 04:26 PM
Being caring is a great quality for PU, so long as it is used at the right time. It can hinder ur game just like any other quality. If you dont learn how to control and overcome your emotions, it will always play to ur strengths

Dr. Zeus
04-2006-13, 07:44 PM
Caring is for pussies. That's right, I said it. Caring is for pussies. We're all born with the intrinsic need to love and be loved, but to go out of your way to develop this and to show this side of yourself to a woman is counter productive. Being the caring one is, by nature the woman's role. It's a role that most women, at least the feminine ones take enjoyment in. By being more caring, or even as caring as the woman, you're off setting the masculine/feminine balance and taking over the role she previously was the one to take pleasure in.
"Compassion is meaningless without the driving force of self-pity."
Carlos Castaneda
The Active Side of Infinity

fighter
04-2006-14, 01:37 AM
I used to be a very caring person and expecting that others will be nice to me too. But soon as I realised it was all AFC stuff that didn't get me anywhere I decided to lose that charactaristic of myself. Although I'm not being mean or doing bad things to other people now, I don't try to help others also.
I see the best way is to come off as independent and not needing any appreciation or "love" from others, if they do like me then I accept it but couldn't care less if they didn't.

Scooby
04-2006-14, 03:45 AM
Being a caring person is never a bad quality. Knowing when to show that side of you is where game comes in.
Perfect answer!