PDA

View Full Version : is this a good DHV?

williams.s
04-2006-12, 07:33 PM
if i talk about relationships with a girl and blah blah blah... and saying how i havent had that many gf's or companions due to the fact i have "high standards"... this is actually true... do you guys think if i say that... it would make the girl give up? or make her want to impress me even more?

Rain
04-2006-12, 07:37 PM
That phrasing is try-hard.
If she presses about how many or why, tell her this.
"I'm very selective about which women I choose to have a committed relationship with."
The rest is none of her business. Tell her so.

Masters
04-2006-12, 07:44 PM
if i talk about relationships with a girl and blah blah blah... and saying how i havent had that many gf's or companions due to the fact i have "high standards"... this is actually true... do you guys think if i say that... it would make the girl give up? or make her want to impress me even more?
Neither. It's a DLV by showing you've haven't had many girlfriends despite how you phrase it, unless you said "Yeah I've only had two girlfriends because I didn’t want to leave Jenifer Aniston until I was ready", and sounds like an excuse.

doc
04-2006-12, 07:47 PM
it`s like a reverse Shit test...so let it ride...and don`t quantify.Let her guess in her own head...like Masters said...it`s none of her business.

Rain
04-2006-12, 07:48 PM
Neither. It's a DLV by showing you've haven't had many girlfriends despite how you phrase it, unless you said "Yeah I've only had two girlfriends because I didn’t want to leave Jenifer Aniston until I was ready", and sounds like an excuse.
How would you suggest he respond to a question about how many GFs he's had?

jupiterjazz21
04-2006-12, 07:49 PM
I don't think you should talk about past relationships at all unless she asks you about them, and in that case you tell her stuff like the above posts. You're supposed to be a guy that can get any girl at any time. By you saying that you haven't had that many past gfs, she might think there's more to it than just your high standards.

Masters
04-2006-12, 07:53 PM
How would you suggest he respond to a question about how many GFs he's had?
"I don't kiss and tell".
Then stack into another routine.
If you're in a relationship you could tell her AFTER you already have a sexual relationship with her, or you've had a LOT of rapport built in the relationship.

Misologist
04-2006-12, 08:09 PM
Or you could tell her "None" and make her wonder a bit more, it depends on what kind of girl asks you the question because some would take that as DLV.

Masters
04-2006-12, 08:11 PM
Or you could tell her "None" and make her wonder a bit more, it depends on what kind of girl asks you the question because some would take that as DLV.
No, don't say none.
Preselection is a major dhv spike.

Malibu
04-2006-12, 08:11 PM
As rain suggested it is try hard....probably because it comes off as bragging.
however i also agree that it is a DLV as Masters suggested. His response above is perfect for such situations.

Misologist
04-2006-12, 08:52 PM
I don't think I made myself clear, obviously she's then going to ask you why and you tell her you're really picky about girls; that "few last very long" say...before you get bored with them. Then it doesn't sound like bragging because she asked for it. Plus, she's not gonna believe you when you say it unless you really are that kind of loser. Think David Deangelo telling girls he's homeless.

Dragon
04-2006-12, 09:04 PM
In this case we'll take your talking to this lady, now this isn't for everyone but this is my position on things and will glady take flames. Honesty is a huge thing in "relationships". So its good its true, don't so much talk about your relationships or the past, but the present and what qualities you look in a women, not counting looks, personality. Now while your qualfying your screening her, don't worry about letting her give up. If she really likes you she won't, but its all your choice once you qualify, if she meets up sure, if not pass or let her go for some pratice, you need to get pratice on dates, field etc.- assuming your in late attraction early comfort. Strongly recommand you read Maniac's site about fluff, and Toecutter archives which both address your standards, frame, and how to proceed with it.
Good Luck

Vincent Chase
04-2006-12, 09:45 PM
This is mildly off topic but whenever a girl asks me how many GFs i've had I tell her:
"I'm going to have get to know you better before I start doling out personal information."
Sometimes i'll follow up with an "i don't ask you about..." in order to soften the already soft blow on 6s and below.
In comfort i'll say, "We'll get to truth or dare in a second, doll. Tell me..."
"I don't kiss and tell." Is another one I use, as mentioned by Mast.
My wing uses: "I have a strict, your secret is safe with me policy with my previous GFs." and "You'll have to pardon my rudeness but i've signed a Non-disclosure agreement." ...Yeah, Deus is a bit wacky sometimes.