PDA

View Full Version : the old "what would you say"

trainrunner
04-2006-12, 06:34 PM
Ive noticed a lot of posts saying "what would you say" and at first I found them AFCish, but I think that asking other members advice on how they would have handled a situation is a great way to build and grow your game. There will always be more experienced members here than yourself, and asking your peers questions like this will help establish a cocky funny frame or any other mindset that beginners can learn from while they are in need of examples to learn from and maybe lines to steal.
For instance, the other day i was about to open a 3 set with 2 UGs and 1 HB, but before I could do it one of the UGs said to me "do you wax your eyebrows"?. Now had the target said that, I would have prized myself by saying: "Is that your best pickup line, you know your gonna have to work harder than that to get into these pants blah blah" or something along those lines. But with the target saying that I dont want to offend her ugly ass. I tried coming back ith a C/F comment but it really wasnt funny, so I burned and it went downhill from there, so with out further adieu, what would you have said?

GameFace
04-2006-12, 06:41 PM
I'm no expert, but my thought is, work your game on the UG. Obviously, you'd be working through her to get to the target. But by having your initial dialog with this UG, you're simultaneously negging the target by virtue of not paying her any attention. Then as comfort builds, you get introduced to the other two and you can work your game as you would any three set.
I think you were so focused on the HB that you were caught off guard. No biggie. Live and learn.

Dragon
04-2006-12, 08:37 PM
"Ive noticed a lot of posts saying "what would you say" and at first I found them AFCish, but I think that asking other members advice on how they would have handled a situation is a great way to build and grow your game"
Having advice from mentors and friends always helps your journey.
"There will always be more experienced members here than yourself, and asking your peers questions like this will help establish a cocky funny frame or any other mindset that beginners can learn from while they are in need of examples to learn from and maybe lines to steal. "
Steal? Borrow :P, but the C&F frame of forums... Naw theres no way ( very sarcastic) :P
"For instance, the other day i was about to open a 3 set with 2 UGs and 1 HB, but before I could do it one of the UGs said to me "do you wax your eyebrows"?."
:rolleyes:
"Now had the target said that, I would have prized myself by saying: "Is that your best pickup line, you know your gonna have to work harder than that to get into these pants blah blah" or something along those lines. But with the target saying that I dont want to offend her ugly ass."
Good call, don't offend them there just trying to defend there friend to a degree, along with testing your frame. Its nothing- shrug it off.
"I tried coming back ith a C/F comment but it really wasnt funny, so I burned and it went downhill from there, so with out further adieu, what would you have said?"
say " OMG you noticed?! WOW, I LOVE YOU"-playfully and excited tone then slight back turn

Vincent Chase
04-2006-12, 10:00 PM
Say what you would have said to the target, it has the same effect as if you were saying it to the target, aslong as she is present.

Jack Handy
04-2006-12, 10:23 PM
There is pretty much three things you can ever say to a girl:
When in a club you can act unaffected or not impressed
When in bed just say "yeah" or "oh" in way that acts like you heard her or are too focuses on pleasing her.
That alone will get you through anything. Give it a try. The secret is girls dont have much to say. Just be in charge and they will be around.
Edit: I need to clarify this a bit. I was a little drunk when I first posted it. These are for times when you didnt clearly hear what she said and or dont really care.