PDA

View Full Version : Verbal False Time Constraints

Vapor
04-12-2006, 01:36 PM
After reading Cedar's MM Seminar Review (http://www.theattractionforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=60963#post60963), I am trying to go more by-the-book. One hangup I have is verbal false time constraints. I like nonverbals, since verbals can be iffy because I sarge alone ("I have to get back to my friends" doesn't work in venues where it's clear I'm not out with friends).
Anybody use specific verbal FTCs, or have a link to them online? Openers and negs are everywhere, not these.

Stallion
04-12-2006, 01:44 PM
I sarge alone but if it is a large place your in you can still use that FTC or something along the lines of "I need to go find my friends as we've lost each other" or have a look at this one Fad3r came up with which is great, Last comment on looks (http://www.theattractionforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6221)

Vapor
04-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Both good, thanks.

Hysteria
04-12-2006, 02:57 PM
If you've jumped into a set IMMEDIATELY upon entering the venue, to everybody else it looks like you're meeting your friends. Voila, instantly you have friends in the venue. The "Friends FTC" now works.
Alternatively, who isn't to say that a set knows whether you came with friends or not? Who cares? She can't keep track of who's with who, especially if you're gaming the whole room. She's got her friends there with her... who isn't to say your friends are elsewhere?
The FTC is a very small little tactic. However, it's effect is HUGE. You're lowering the group's collective shield, and then proceeding to go into your opener or next routine. She's probably not even thinking about what your FTC because she's been set at ease AND you're ultra-attractive.
I just thought of this new FTC. I believe it has a mini-DHV spike in it. I suddenly want to field-test this one.
Hey guys, let me get a quick opinion on something. I can't stay long... my friend is waiting at the bar for me because he owes me a drink for a bet he lost. We were discussing this earlier and made a bet. Who lies more... men or women? Stack into the next routine.
The mini-DHV is that you have cool friends who buy you drinks. Simultaneously, you're giving an FTC and grounding the opener... you're giving the reason why you're asking who lies more. THIS IS NOT FIELD TESTED, I just thought of it JUST NOW. I'll test it next week.
Alternatively, you can say my friend is waiting at the bar and SHE owes me a drink... maybe that'll make it more solid, considering you're having a discussion with a female about social dynamics and gender psychology, rooting the opener better and giving you a valid reason to ask the women in the set for their opinion. Illusionary input, and then stack.

Dragon
04-12-2006, 03:16 PM
If you've jumped into a set IMMEDIATELY upon entering the venue, to everybody else it looks like you're meeting your friends. Voila, instantly you have friends in the venue. The "Friends FTC" now works.
Alternatively, who isn't to say that a set knows whether you came with friends or not? Who cares? She can't keep track of who's with who, especially if you're gaming the whole room. She's got her friends there with her... who isn't to say your friends are elsewhere?
The FTC is a very small little tactic. However, it's effect is HUGE. You're lowering the group's collective shield, and then proceeding to go into your opener or next routine. She's probably not even thinking about what your FTC because she's been set at ease AND you're ultra-attractive.
I just thought of this new FTC. I believe it has a mini-DHV spike in it. I suddenly want to field-test this one.
Hey guys, let me get a quick opinion on something. I can't stay long... my friend is waiting at the bar for me because he owes me a drink for a bet he lost. We were discussing this earlier and made a bet. Who lies more... men or women? Stack into the next routine.
The mini-DHV is that you have cool friends who buy you drinks. Simultaneously, you're giving an FTC and grounding the opener... you're giving the reason why you're asking who lies more. THIS IS NOT FIELD TESTED, I just thought of it JUST NOW. I'll test it next week.
Alternatively, you can say my friend is waiting at the bar and SHE owes me a drink... maybe that'll make it more solid, considering you're having a discussion with a female about social dynamics and gender psychology, rooting the opener better and giving you a valid reason to ask the women in the set for their opinion. Illusionary input, and then stack.
Hysteria nice variation with the time constraint there but when it comes down to language structure, "my friend" applies to you unless your mentioning a name. As with verbal time constraints saying something like "does anyone know what time it is" could go which I use alot + "Cool....well *pause I just remembered I gotta do something, but before I go". You basically want to give the impression you got things to do, so think like a busy person, you have many things to do- and you don't have time to piss away, BUT you just have to finish this one thing before you go on with life ;).

Hysteria
04-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Right. Good point about mentioning a specific name for your friend. I forgot about it there.
MY FRIEND DAVE owes me a drink...
MY FRIEND AMBER owes me a drink...
Much better. :)

annakin
04-12-2006, 03:43 PM
I don't think the "my friend is waiting for me at the bar" is going to be construed as you. That just wouldn't make sense. In other situations, such as "my friend has this problem" it is taken as you.

Malibu
04-12-2006, 03:56 PM
You dont need to use "i have to get back to my friends" as an FTC anyway....
i always just say "Hey guys, 2 secs, blah blah blah" or "1 min, I need an opinion.....blah blah blah"
the way i see it...why do i have to give them a reason?....its part of my gaining that edge over the group...sort of like pumping me up when im in the field to think and feel like the alpha male...
try that next time and see how you go.

Hysteria
04-12-2006, 04:04 PM
the way i see it...why do i have to give them a reason?
Rooting openers cuts off those inquisitory questions at the pass, such as "Why are you asking us this?" Apparently this question throws a lot of guys for a loop and makes the sarge lose momentum. I know, I've been there and I've made up dumb excuses. I prefer pre-emptive strikes.

Vincent Chase
04-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Try: "I've got beter shit to do."
"Ha Ha Ha, yeah. Hey, I've got better shit to do, but..."
or sometimes I tunr it into a qualification thing:
"I've got better shit to do, but you intrigue me, I think you've got potential, i'm giving you 60 seconds to earn the next few moments."
The word shit may be omitted or altered, i.e. "stuff," "I've got beter stuff I could be doing, but quick."

Malibu
04-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Rooting openers cuts off those inquisitory questions at the pass, such as "Why are you asking us this?" Apparently this question throws a lot of guys for a loop and makes the sarge lose momentum. I know, I've been there and I've made up dumb excuses. I prefer pre-emptive strikes.
Agreed ...i always root the opener...but i dont make excuses as to why i need to leave (as part of the FTC)....it gives me more of a power stance. Maybe it is just something that is congruent to my identity.

zoolander
04-13-2006, 06:32 AM
I've used "......I'm here with friends" FTC plenty of times when sarging alone. Never gotten the "so who are you here with" line but even if I did, I have countermeasures ;)
Don't put so much emphasis on it - it's really no big deal.
You can also use ".....I'm in a rush..." or
"....I can only stay for a second...."

Pied_piper
04-13-2006, 06:35 AM
Yeah i have trouble getting a FTC in, for me it just seems un-natural to put that into the first part of the opener, but lets say after they say Oh men lie more, then I can say ok b4 i get back to my friends explain to me why u think this!