PDA

View Full Version : Does one-itis = love?

jupiterjazz21
04-12-2006, 01:07 AM
This is not implying anything about my current affairs-I'm pretty jaded when it comes to the term/concept of love. From reading about the views of one-itis on here for about a month now, I think some AFCs or even PUAs could interchange this term with the term "love" to describe their feelings for a particular woman.
I know one-itis is seen as a disease in this community (it's evident in the term itself), but chances are a lot of you guys reading this are eventually going to settle down with a woman that they "fell in love" with. Would the term "one-itis" be applicable to that situation?

legonz
04-12-2006, 01:10 AM
I don't know that love exists. I know that one-itis exists, though, and that it's really bad.
I don't ever fall for "love" because I make it a point to like a girl less than she likes me. That way, I have the balls to bounce her if she breaks the standards that I hold her to. That, and it makes me more rational than her. Just what I do. *shrug*

Sy
04-12-2006, 01:26 AM
One-itis is an infatuation with a girl you can't get and you are in a position of supplication. Love is the chemcial and emotional reaction to long term pair bonding. This occurs between two people ideally matched for S and R and happy with their situation. Love has been proven to temporarily blind you to a persons faults. It lasts on average between 4 and 7 years, but can be prolonged with a healthy friendship and sexual relationship.
Turning the science off for a second. Love is the union of two people on every level of conciousness. Concious, sub concious and supraconcious. Also known as mind, body and soul. Two people who find happiness in everything the other does, admire, adore and able to love in despite their faults. Its the most precious and close of relationships, it is trust, it is giving yourself to someone else completley. It is liberating. It is living