PDA

View Full Version : Regain value in university

CLo7uD
12-15-2008, 02:33 PM
I've felt this is an issue that has been nagging at my side. I go to the university of regina in Canada. Regina is small as is and the campus is a really small network, where it is very easy to spot the same people, and also their social value. When you go out to the bar during the weekend, you see these same groups of people guaranteed. So my big question is how is it possible to regain value around individuals, especially when you see these people so often? I find myself spending a lot of time with just friends, or myself doing my own things to try and take time away from that setting and make myself more interesting. I've started to learn to DJ and i've recently gotten a bartending position at a sick lounge in town. How can I use this in game and value with out sounding like i'm bragging.

whateveriswhatever
12-15-2008, 02:44 PM
I've felt this is an issue that has been nagging at my side. I go to the university of regina in Canada. Regina is small as is and the campus is a really small network, where it is very easy to spot the same people, and also their social value. When you go out to the bar during the weekend, you see these same groups of people guaranteed. So my big question is how is it possible to regain value around individuals, especially when you see these people so often? I find myself spending a lot of time with just friends, or myself doing my own things to try and take time away from that setting and make myself more interesting. I've started to learn to DJ and i've recently gotten a bartending position at a sick lounge in town. How can I use this in game and value with out sounding like i'm bragging.

You need to learn social circle game. Conquer your campus ebook is good (even though it shits on "MM game") other things on this site for social circle game are good as well. Extend your social circle. Find out what a social connector is. You'll be fine, you just need to meet more people, and befriend them. You don't need to "regain" value. You need to PROVE you are valuable to them (bartender DJ, connections in clubs) so that you have value in their mind. Get new friends, prove you are valuable to them. Reap the benefits.

CLo7uD
12-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Ya I see what your saying, rather then just focus on a single social set go out and conquer many

:Tune:
12-15-2008, 03:14 PM
He pretty much said it.. You need to have the most value on offer. You need to work the DJ and bartender thing into your identity (as discussed by mystery in 'classic posts' at the homepage. Girls will want to be with a guy with a lot going on, and when you start doing party gig's and club gig's you'll have A LOT going on brother
Good luck ;)

PULS3
12-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Conquer Your Campus was terrible. It basically just said go out and have fun and be alpha.

Sylo
12-15-2008, 04:12 PM
yep i agree wiht whateveriswhatever and tune.

just one word of caution- use the bartending gig and ur connections TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. u dont wanna be the guy who girls call up cuz they want to get in for free and get free drinks. be the guy that the girls want to be around because ur the coolest fuckin bartender. good luck man

CLo7uD
12-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Yes i'm definitely aware of that. Not being dependent on the identity of the DJ but it is a an addition to my identity, not the whole. One thing i'd like a comment on, I know the whole be the fun center attention, and talk to everyone, but at the same time doesn't that lower your value if you talk to everyone, or does the value of being the end all be all life of the party override that possibility

True Pimp
12-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Yes i'm definitely aware of that. Not being dependent on the identity of the DJ but it is a an addition to my identity, not the whole. One thing i'd like a comment on, I know the whole be the fun center attention, and talk to everyone, but at the same time doesn't that lower your value if you talk to everyone, or does the value of being the end all be all life of the party override that possibility

haha man, don't worry about talking to all kinds of different people, it does not lower your value one bit! the popular people are the ones that talk to everyone and don't pick on kids.... just don't creep people out, lol

CLo7uD
12-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Ahh i love the support system of the community, thanks guys

TheRevolution
12-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Ha, that sounds so familiar.

Im in that same situation, but I guess it doesn't really bother me that much.

Dude in the 2nd Reply nailed it though.