PDA

View Full Version : How structured are you?

trainrunner
04-2006-10, 06:50 PM
When you guys are out in the field, especially the more experienced ones, are your pick ups as structured as MM proposes? I was reading an article by thundercat on social vibing, and he thinks that just bringing up random topics (sucha s DHV stories) in an ADD kind of way is try hard and unecessary. He proposed to just vibe and gel off whatever is being brought up and run a story off anything, rather that have pre planned routines to spout out one aftre another, such as randomly saying during A2: "Hey guys get this, I was campiing/rock climbing, etc.. last week and blah blah". As far as transitioning, I know it makes it seem a lot more natural and smooth if you have a segway that gives you an excuse to introduce your topic, but does anyone here just randomly bring up a DHV story? I dunno, i just feel wierd doing it...

Iceman
04-2006-10, 07:34 PM
I don't think to myself "ok, time to move into A3", if thats what you're asking.
I just have a "feel" for when its time to escalate to the next level.

Mike Patton
04-2006-10, 08:01 PM
That's not what he meant.
MM teaches you to disregard the natural flow of the convo e.i. responding to their individual answers and to just pump out routine after routine.
I've had the same question.
I go with the routine-after-routine thing and my wing (who's more natural) keep's pointing out how fucking WEIRD it looks from his POV especially if its non-sequitor stuff.
Oh well, if it works, who cares!

Iceman
04-2006-10, 08:02 PM
Everything looks weird from the outside, even if you know whats going on.

Euphoria
04-2006-10, 11:12 PM
for me i know when to neg, what openers to use, a2, a3, isolate, c1 all that stuff, but i dont think (this is a3 time for c1) as iceman said, it flows through me and i know when to more into the next stage

Starman
04-2006-10, 11:19 PM
When you guys are out in the field, especially the more experienced ones, are your pick ups as structured as MM proposes? I was reading an article by thundercat on social vibing, and he thinks that just bringing up random topics (sucha s DHV stories) in an ADD kind of way is try hard and unecessary. He proposed to just vibe and gel off whatever is being brought up and run a story off anything, rather that have pre planned routines to spout out one aftre another, such as randomly saying during A2: "Hey guys get this, I was campiing/rock climbing, etc.. last week and blah blah". As far as transitioning, I know it makes it seem a lot more natural and smooth if you have a segway that gives you an excuse to introduce your topic, but does anyone here just randomly bring up a DHV story? I dunno, i just feel wierd doing it...
I specifically asked a mPUA about this recently. His answer was interesting. If you look for natural segues in the conversation, you're FOLLOWING. If, as in your example, someone in the set brought up rock climbing, and he had a DHV story involving climbing, he would choose NOT to use it. This is different in comfort, of course, when you're isolated and looking for commonalities.

adamm411
04-2006-10, 11:27 PM
There are probably better methods for how to "vibe" in a natural, unstructured way. Check out Juggler's book, or even Gunwitch Method. I haven't read much of Thundercat's stuff, so I can't say for sure, but I'm skeptical since he does not lead seminars in-field, nor does he have a track record of FR's and LR's as Mystery and Style and some others do. He does have a wonderful seduction website, but my question is how many of his suggestions are based upon not only his experience, but consistent success, in-field?
Adamm

Sinister
04-2006-11, 06:45 AM
You don't need to segway. Juggler says don't. MM instructors say you don't need transitions.
That being said, I will usually, unless doing short sets or IVD's directly to compensate for time limitations, will transition smoothly from my opener to a DHV story. When Tenmagnet saw me do it during our field session (he wanted to see my routines to critique), he said he really liked that transition and everytime I do it, it is very easy to stick in the set.
After that first A2 routine, you can do whatever. You don't want for them ALL to transition, just maybe that first or first two. But they should have an initial hook and be very good stories, with attraction switches.