PDA

View Full Version : When to call after the first date?

Deduction
04-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Hello fellas!
In the search of improving my success to the other sex, I stumbled on this forum, and so far this has been really good news.
Well how do I begin? I have improved my dating alot when I aquired David D ebook, but still I am far from good at this. I still have problems getting the chicks I really want.
First I am a reall intellectual guy, I have very good knowledge in history and art etc., generally speaking how do I turn that to my favour without being a geek?
My other direct question is when to call after the first date? Specially when I dont know how to judge the success rate of the date (I still havent the skill).. So, if the girls is moderately interested after the first date, is it better to wait 1, 2 or 3 days when to call her again?
I would appreciate any answers

Iceman
04-10-2006, 07:25 PM
There are many threads on this. use the search function.

Maverick
04-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Mate, no worries. You're in a forum full of geeks. :) I'm a psych major who took an astrophysics course for interest (partical physics and dark matter...etc). LOL.
Hrm - just because you're smart, don't flaunt it. Mama didn't raise no fool here either. I've been told by girls that i'm really interesting because I teach them stuff. It's quite the compliment. Don't ever be embarrased about your intelligence. You should be proud.
I'd give her a call the third day after the date. Ie: Date on Sat, call on Tues to chat for a bit. You may want to fire off 1 quick txt message in between but keep it minimal. Keep her wondering. Then plan a second date. I love telling girls "Ok, i can't chat right now but i'll give you a call tomorrow between x and x time." It gives them a chance for anticipation to build up.
Cheers.
- Mav

Rain
04-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Deduction,
please post an Introduction so that you can elaborate on your history, experience, and goals. It helps us get to know you better.
In regards to you phone call question, I think you should call the day after. Deliver a Time Constraint ASAP and tell her you enjoyed the date. Don't make mention of another date or anything along those lines. You don't want to seem desparate.
The conversation should be as short as possible and only deliver the message that you enjoyed your time with her. That way, she isn't left to wonder how you felt about the date. If she is, she'll fill in the blanks with her imagination(her imagination thinks all men are assholes).
This day-after call also allows her to ponder good thoughts like ,"I wonder why he didn't ask me out again?" Or " I wonder if he's seeing someone else?" Or "I hope he calls again soon." Then you can call again in a few days and set up another date. Like Maverick mentioned, it helps to build anticipation.
You want to leave questions unanswered. But the one question you don't want her thinking about is, "Is he not calling me because I didn't put out?"

Maverick
04-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Deduction,
please post an Introduction so that you can elaborate on your history, experience, and goals. It helps us get to know you better.
In regards to you phone call question, I think you should call the day after. Deliver a Time Constraint ASAP and tell her you enjoyed the date. Don't make mention of another date or anything along those lines. You don't want to seem desparate.
The conversation should be as short as possible and only deliver the message that you enjoyed your time with her. That way, she isn't left to wonder how you felt about the date. If she is, she'll fill in the blanks with her imagination(her imagination thinks all men are assholes).
This day-after call also allows her to ponder good thoughts like ,"I wonder why he didn't ask me out again?" Or " I wonder if he's seeing someone else?" Or "I hope he calls again soon." Then you can call again in a few days and set up another date. Like Maverick mentioned, it helps to build anticipation.
You want to leave questions unanswered. But the one question you don't want her thinking about is, "Is he not calling me because I didn't put out?"
Yeah - Rain put the point across alot better than i did. :D

Deduction
04-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Hi guys,
My gratitude to your really fast answers ...
So about me, I haven't been the best guy with girls, I had girls friends and even beeing married, but I always have had this feeling that I was picked up and in reality never been the one who picked the girl I really wanted.. I just had to be happy with what I was offered, and I am pretty sure I am not unike here...
Anyway, 6 months ago I recovered from a very bad and painful desease, I had a severe form of arthritis and it devastated my life fro the 5 last years, losing wife and everything. Since I had a very bad posture, I was looking for some skill that would compensate that disadvantage, but I have been more lucky that I could imagine, because I recovered from this desease and I recovered (even though I had low chances for that).. So I have been given a second chance, and I cant blow it this time..
Anyway, I have a lot to learn, that's for sure! For this past 6 months, I have scored 3 times on average looking girls, and with consideration that I really didnt have the time, for the moment I work and study, and in comparison to my performance in the past, it's just great results!
To my problem, I have been dating 3 reall hot ones the last month, through internet, and with all the three the girls, everything is feels great after the first date, I call them and it sounds promising, I get appointement for a second date and before the second date those girls (all the three!!) just meets someone they think is the perfect one and feels "it's not fare to date others!!" so they wish me good luck.. And this is really breaking my selfconfidence, am I doing something wrong or am I just having bad luck?

Vincent Chase
04-11-2006, 12:06 AM
My opinion? 2-3 Days, after.

btys
04-11-2006, 04:50 AM
good