PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a more interesting person

Ebbi
04-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Hi guys,
Just thinking, a lot of this seduction requires you to be of genuinely higher value than the girls you're sarging. Great. So I have to be cooler than I already am. Any tips for this? I already have lot of hobbies and interests and I'm easily the most sociable bloke in most human gatherings; what can I do to become cooler/more interesting?
Just for a bit of background....
I work in a molecular cell biology lab and a shop. I do kung fu and ballroom dancing (which covers a number of different styles). I read at least one proper newspaper (London Times) and tabloid (Sun, Star, Mirror) every day. I engage in some political activism with my local branch of the Conservative party. I've recently taken up magic, which my younger sisters are loving me for. I spend a lot of weekends looking after my little brother, who's really autistic. I read comic books and some detective/spy fiction. I try to sarge at least one night a week and I try to hook up with AFC friends on other nights. I have been into self improvement for about 7 years, reading and listening to most of the work of Anthony Robbins, Brian Tracy and Napoleon Hill. I'm also into bodybuilding and strength training. I very rarely go anywhere beyond 20 miles from home because I'm tied to my work, but I have travelled extensively in the Mideast during my late teens.
So what do you guys think I can do to make myself more interesting?? Any suggestions would be massively appreciated. Ta,
Ebbi

zine
04-10-2006, 02:51 PM
You seem interesting enough, just start to better convey the interests and qualities you already have to the people you are talking to. Look at wilder's storytelling tips (someone give me link please) Search for dhv-Demonstration of Higher Value and put those in your stories.

FusterCluck
04-10-2006, 02:55 PM
hell, you're more interesting than i am

Eclectic
04-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Someone on this forum once described the personal transformation as shedding things rather than adding them. Basically think of it as a rock being carved into a statue (or whatever). The attractiveness of the statue is in the rock, the rock just needs to be chisled for everyone to see it.
With that in mind, you are already interesting, its just the way you come across. One molecular biologist may be the most boring fart on earth, studying cell reactions to chemcials and other stimulus (or whatever), but if he said I'm doing cutting-edge stem-cell research into cancer cures, that is far more interesting and an instant DHV. Obviously this is a obscure example and grossly exaggerated but do you see what I am getting at.
Do a search on DHv, and just work on the way of delivering it

Puma
04-10-2006, 03:40 PM
haha yeah, me too

Vace
04-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Yeah dude, straight. Besides always remember, "This is YOUR world, we are just along for the ride." I forget who said this, but it is some good shit.

PimpJuice
04-10-2006, 08:17 PM
word

h0wl3r
04-10-2006, 08:39 PM
uhh uhhh i have 3 cool hats!

R-Evolve-R
04-10-2006, 09:00 PM
All you gotta do is learn how to convey your stories and tie your pieces of your life together and share it with other people.
I would never do something just cause it would make for a good opener or routine, but I would definitley take an inventory of things that have happened to me or things I was invovled with or learned about and figure out ways to convey it to other people in an entertaining way that demonstrates I am interesting without appearing like I'm bragging.

Edward
04-10-2006, 11:59 PM
I think a lot of the stuff you do (although you may think they are interesting) are just the normal risk free hobbies of the normal guy. NOthing I see in there would really be interesting to a women, maybe except a little magic..
But you need adventorous stuff.. LIke I'm american but have lived in East Germany and Japan, taveled the crazy country of Poland.. which I have a lot of crazy interesting stories about these places, which is more important then actually just visiting there.. LIke the time a crazy polish guy chased me with a stick for taking his picture.
I mean how would you look interesting reading comics or newspapers? Thats just boring stuff really to girls.
I mean you would really have to take your interest and hobbies and really give interesting stories.. LIke your leanring magic you would have to tell a DHV story about that...
But I'm new to all this stuff..

Iceman
04-11-2006, 12:15 AM
You think dancing isn't interesting to women? You've obviously never been in-set and told girls you're a dancer.

Ebbi
04-11-2006, 01:10 AM
Cheers for the help fellas. I obviously need to take a closer look at all the stuff I do and remember what's cool and what's not. Thanks!

Vincent Chase
04-11-2006, 01:44 AM
I rarely go onto my IM programs anymore, due to the barrage of questions I get from people. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but sometimes ir can be a hassle.
Did you see that? Yes you did. You just read something interesting, I just gave you a DHV, and it's an true and interesting one. Wwould you like to know the number one questions I get asked? "How do be interesting?" "What kind of topics do girls find interesting?" "What's the best stuff to say in set?"
Well the truth of the matter is, you can say almost anything. What do women find interesting? Not saying all the boring shit everyone else does.
"So what kind of music do you listen to? Do you like horror movies? What's your name? Where's your hometown? How old are you?"
Bo-ring shit man. Any thing other than that crap is interesting to a girl.
Youmight think that thing's like comic books aren't interesting to girls, well what about that hottie you saw when you pickup that vintage Watchmen book? The interests of women are not limited to the generalizations and stereotypes that society would have you believe. Instead, treat them as if you could care less whether the considered your material interesting, do you care that your best friend hates the CD you just bought? No. So why should you care what some stranger thinks about your interest points/hobbies.
If you're really worried about it you can use crowned DHVs. If I tell a DHV story about ballroom dancing, and then mention comic books breifly, she will identitify with the ballroom dancing DHV, it will become dominant over mention of comics, the will become just a piece of the story, just like when you said the sky was blue. However,if she is interested in comics then chances are good that she will ask, "What kind of comics? What house?"
I work in a molecular cell biology lab and a shop.
(Supremely interesting, develop a short story about something relating to this, make sure it teaches something, easily withing 3 minutes, is understandable and semi-worth while, This will be your "Teaching Routine," write that down in your cheat cheet.)
I do kung fu and ballroom dancing.
(You mind as well tell them you do Ashtanga with Ashton Kutcher and Madonna, this is gold, work both of them into DHV routines... NOW!)
I read at least one proper newspaper (London Times) and tabloid (Sun, Star, Mirror) every day.
(So engage in conversation regarding recent events! What's that, she hasn't heard the news yet? TELL HER! *Words of wisdom: Never get into a debate about ANYTHING on a game, if you disagree, be polite or keep your mouth shut, you're revenge will come in the fom of climax, later.*)
I engage in some political activism with my local branch of the Conservative party.
(Unless you an ellicit from her that she shares similar views, avoid this one at all costs, politics should be abandoned from your pick-up lexicon.)
I've recently taken up magic, which my younger sisters are loving me for.
(As will grown women, i believe there is something about this elsewhere on the forum, check the "Best-Of" section.)
I spend a lot of weekends looking after my little brother, who's really autistic. (During comfort, talk about the great times you've had with him, and such.)
I read comic books and some detective/spy fiction.
(Definately throw this into a story somewhere, it doesn't have to be factual, instead it will be a ficticious intro to a real story which pays homage to one of your hobbies. Heres a quick example of how you could throw it in somewhere, if she finds it interesting, SHE will comment on it, otherwise provide other interesting things.
"The night was dead silent, if you looked at the clock it would have read sometime around 3 A.M. It's so late, the cricket's we're sleeping. I was reading The Counte of Monte Cristo, and letting my mind wander in and out of thoughts and philosophies. I thought to myself. "People say that dreams are real.. until they end." Couldn't you say the same about life? What's on your mind? Cool. Well, I've just gotten to the parts where Edward Dantes discovers that his friend has betrayed him and that his girlfriend is dating, his lust for revenge is fueled to greater heights at this point, but he is in th facade of a gentlemen at a party and he must behave accordingly if he is to be fulfilled and then, all of the sudden. BAM! Lightening strikes a tree right outside my bay windows, the tree falls and hits power lines and sparks go flying and then all is dark. So now i'm fumbling around in the dark like a dumb fuck, trying to find God Know's what. I feel my comics, I feel my dvds, there's my... ewww bowl of ramen, now I need a faucet..." and then when you finish the routine you can say, "Sorry for my speech format, I read a lot of Mystery Novels.")
Anthony Robbins, Brian Tracy and Napoleon Hill.
(Teach her some of the stuff you've learned, use some of their "activities" on her.)
I'm also into bodybuilding and strength training.
(Talk to her about muscles in the female body: "Whoa, lift your arm again. Look at that deltoid, that's golden. Look at this, now the deltoid is one of three main muscles in the upper shoulder, do this... can you feel it all the way down to about here? That's where it ends, about 1/3 down the outside of your upper arms. How does this feel?" Do that all the while kinoing her and it's a crystal routine, I wore it out last summer in Florida.)
I have travelled extensively in the Mideast during my late teens.
(Honestly... I think that by this point you're "getting it.")
That's all I can think of right now, Good Luck, buddy.

Ebbi
04-11-2006, 02:25 AM
Jesus Christ, Vincent. If I could rep you right now....

Vincent Chase
04-11-2006, 02:27 AM
Jesus Christ, Vincent. If I could rep you right now....
A simple pat on the back and a drink in my hand will suffice.

btys
04-11-2006, 04:48 AM
nice

Battousia
04-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Bruce Lee said something along those lines, with his Fighting form, i believe somewhere in a movie or interview he's like "be like water. Water put in a cup fills the cup" Take the water out and drink it becomes part of you. Something along those lines. If somebody has the exact quote and can post it please do.
We all have interesting stories, and things about us, we didn't all grow up in congruent, and exactly similiar environments. :) Some of us just did alot more adventurous things then others.
So guess what, Vincent hit it on the dot so i won't go into it, but form stories, and just DHV, learn how to form a story to be emotionally, and visually stimulating.
Anyways i'm out.

Vincent Chase
04-11-2006, 04:06 PM
If you would like an example of a DHV rputine so you can craft you own, check out my Neg post (a link can be found in my signature) also try the field report section, and there is some valuable info that can be found with the search function, near the op of the page.
Here: http://www.bristol|||||||||/outergame/routines/howtoconstructroutines/ is a good resource to help develop routines, additionally you should check out other peoples DHV and A2 material and use them to influence your own.
Good Luck.

ShyGuy
04-11-2006, 04:11 PM
i think ill use your life to interest the classy girls. muckular cell biologee was it? come on man...you do kung fu.

Vincent Chase
04-15-2006, 11:45 PM
...okay, that was just about the most pointless post i've ever seen...