PDA

View Full Version : weight loss opener

zine
04-2006-10, 02:09 PM
This weekend I went out like I usually do just cruising around, and joking around with my wing. I made a joke about asking a girls opinion on weight loss programs and slimfast. He dares me to actually try the opener so I walk up to the group and ask them:
You: "Hey can I get you guys opinion on something? This will only take a minute"
Them: "Yeah, sure"
You: "Alright, I was just on the phone with one of my friends who is trying to help his dad lose weight, and we debated about different weight loss programs and excercises that they could use together. I told him slimfast and excercise, but he says that his Dad had actuallly used slimfast before and had gotten fatter when he used it. Can you believe that?
Them: they may try to say something here if they do let them, but cut them off after a bit
You: "Yeah apparently his dad wasn't fat until he started drinking like 10 slimfasts every day. My friend said that as a joke his Dad's friends actually convinced Jarod from Subway to let them buy his old pants and they hung them on the wall next to a slimfast can." (wait until laughter dies down)
Do you think slimfast should give my friend's dad a refund?
Them: "blah blah yes no whatever cut them off again"
You: Anyways, you guys look like an interesting (pause here for a neg type effect and put emphasis on interesting while looking at target with strange look on your face) group, so what tips do you think I should give my friend?
Them: "blah blah blah blah blah slimfast, excercise, latest fad diet"
This opener's structure is based off of jealous gf, but if you just wanted something new and interesting to say it is great. Also it is great for fat people jokes and routines if you need help with those just ask me. Every girl is interested in losing weight, but unlike the jealous gf opener this one can be used on a group with guys also.
Your Opinions/comments on this opener would be helpful to me

the.anamchara
04-2006-10, 03:03 PM
Interesting . . . did you have any success with it? (other than getting weight loss tips, natch).

zine
04-2006-10, 03:24 PM
yeah I got kiss close, but I ran a funny routine about one of my other fat friends and how I helped him lose weight after I did the opener.
I've tried it about 5 times and every time I at least get a laugh and usually #s.

Malibu
04-2006-10, 03:24 PM
The delivery for this would have to be top notch. Weight loss is a delicate issue with girls. Also I wouldn't use it for any girls less than an 8...as they are likely to get their shields up pretty quick about it. But definately a good topic to discuss.

zine
04-2006-10, 03:29 PM
Yeah that's the thing though. I am not directly asking them I am talking about a friend. You are right I have almost gotten slapped a couple times using this, but I managed to use humor to get past it.

Malibu
04-2006-10, 04:28 PM
Yeah that's the thing though. I am not directly asking them I am talking about a friend. You are right I have almost gotten slapped a couple times using this, but I managed to use humor to get past it.
Once you calibrate further it will be fine...actually like i said...the topic is really good for girls to respond with an opinion...then all you have to do is stack another opener and transition into A2.

zine
04-2006-10, 05:37 PM
I agree completely malibu. Hope I can get some more feedback on this from whomever, or someone other than me to try it in the field.

Deviate
04-2006-10, 06:41 PM
I wouldnt use it in a set with a fat obsticale

jbrett
04-2006-10, 07:07 PM
I wouldnt use it in a set with a fat obsticale
lol dude hes got a point. I think relationship advice openers are the best because women always think they are know-it-alls when it comes to that stuff.
Only thing I noticed about your opener: Don't say "this will only take a minute." Instead introduce the question, and then tell them YOU only have a second because you have other social obligations. This way things are about you not them.

Iceman
04-2006-10, 07:33 PM
Has anyone else ever had random Weight Watchers sales people come up and ask you if you'd like to join?
I'm 181cm (not sure what that is in feet/inches), and I weigh 68kg. I am by no means fat. Not even bulky. Quite the opposite. Why the HELL would I want to join weight watchers?

zine
04-2006-11, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the help guys.
P.S I have never tried this opener on a group with a fat obstacle I really could do without getting slapped by a 30 pound hand and then absorbed.

zine
05-2006-01, 03:21 PM
Iceman whatever you liar! I remember last time we went to a buffet I came back a few days later and they had speed bumps intalled.