PDA

View Full Version : Humor and social hook point

Vapor
04-2006-09, 02:19 PM
I am getting a little confused sometimes on where I am when I open with a floppsy. I open, get a big laugh, and target engages me. She doesn't, of course, start immediatly qualifying herself. In MM, where am I at that point? Starting out with a laugh doesn't always feel like an instant social hook point, but at the same time you seem to get a lot of the attention from the group immediately, which is powerful but a little confusing.
Thoughts?

obie
04-2006-09, 04:01 PM
You can always tell where you are by compliance testing.
Any time you get hand kino do the hand-holding compliance test, or do a DHV/kino/compliance test routine like ESP or the trust test. If you get good compliance, start qualifyng, if not, IOD her, then go back and run more DHV/banter material and try again.
Try compliance testing early in your sets. You may be surprised how quickly a lot of girls are ready to start A3.

Malibu
04-2006-09, 07:17 PM
Stack another opener....i always stack two openers before moving into a2....
Another way is to use openers that are congruent with an A2 routine. I have mentioned this many times before. For example...use the "Who Lies More Opener" then bust into the lying game...and bam...your in A2...then you can even go one step further and go intop the sexual predator routine....it is very congruent with the lying game...throw call back humour into the mix and your set....
Saying that the key in my opinion to any humour used in pickup is the use of call back humour.
sarge on.

Sinergy
04-2006-09, 07:42 PM
yeah, it creates an "Our little world" mentality. Ever noticed how old friends will say something to each other like "PINETREE!!!" and everyone in the group busts up laughing? That's call-back humor at its finest. You can create a 1/10 scale version of that by referring back to jokes you made earlier in the set. It also helps to get them involved in the jokes through role-playing. Then they remember you better cuz you're the "guy they pretend married" instead of "some guy."

Dr. Zeus
04-2006-09, 08:29 PM
You're still in A1. If the only IOI's you're getting are laughs, you haven't reached a hook point. Girls will sometimes only laugh to be polite, or to buy time to read their friends. Throw a time constraint immediately. Then move into your next routine.

Aston M.
04-2006-15, 03:06 PM
Another way is to use openers that are congruent with an A2 routine. I have mentioned this many times before. For example...use the "Who Lies More Opener" then bust into the lying game...and bam...your in A2...then you can even go one step further and go intop the sexual predator routine....it is very congruent with the lying game...throw call back humour into the mix and your set....
sarge on.
I am a apua and I was wondering what exactly is the lying game and sexual predator routine?
Thanks -AM

Scooby
04-2006-15, 08:37 PM
I am a apua and I was wondering what exactly is the lying game and sexual predator routine?
Thanks -AM
Lying Game:
http://www.bristollair.com/outergame/routines/gamesandtests/thelyinggame/
Sexual predator:
http://www.bristollair.com/outergame/routines/attract/sexualpredator/