PDA

View Full Version : Matching the social settings level of "drunk"

Machination
04-2006-09, 11:43 AM
While the Mystery Method tells that a Pick Up Artist should not have more than one or two drinks, I disagree. I am a college student. Like a lot of people on this board, I'm not 21, I dont go to bars and clubs as often as I go to house and appartment parties with my friends that are college aged. When people my age go out to party, they get trashed. Its a fact. Most people drink way too much. This isnt a problem if you are just trying to go out and have fun, but it is a huge problem if you try and run routines. I don't care what type of frame you have going on, if you're sober and everyone around you is trashed, you wont have as much fun.
This why I am proposing Machination's Theory of Social Innebriation. As a pick up artist, you should match the level of drinking with the people around you. Play drinking games, have a beer or two, and in general match the people that are around you. If the party is wild, you're going to have to be a little buzzed to better apprieciate it. If you are going to be gaming drunk girls, you are going to have to be buzzed to better apprieciate their drunkness. Otherwise, you just become frustrated with how flakey everyone else is around you. What do you guys think?

Sez
04-2006-09, 12:07 PM
I'm in college too so I know exactly what you're saying. Although I do end up going to bars and clubs quite often. Most clubs are 18 to get in and a lot of bars aren't really that strict as long as you show them SOMETHING. Get a fake. I don't know what I would have done without one before I turned 21.
If everyone's getting trashed, I'll have 3 or four... enough to get me BUZZED. You aint gonna pick up any girls bent over the toilet. So I wouldn't necessarily advocate getting absolutely shitfaced just because everyone else is.

Iceman
04-2006-09, 05:16 PM
I drink, but I don't get drunk. If everyone else gets shitfaced, I'll leave and go sarge somewhere else, or go home.
I don't game drunk girls.
Personal moral decision.

Machination
04-2006-09, 06:40 PM
Youre 16, im hoping you're not getting shitfaced...

Sinergy
04-2006-09, 07:51 PM
Word. Or, if you are, I hope your parents are holding your feet during the keg stand. The family that drinks together, stays together. ;-)
Anywho, I know what you mean about not enjoying the party when you're the sober one. For instance, being the DD. I've done that more than a few times when I was in heavy training (no alcohol) and it can get lame pretty fast. The night starts out fun, but by the end of it you're surrounded by belligerent weirdos who are having a great time laughing at absolutely nothing.
A while ago, after learning some game theory, I started trying to analyze the actions of drunks the same way the MPUAs analyzed the actions of AMOGs and naturals. I found that either I'm not cut out to do that or it can't be done. Drunks are so random it's impossible to categorize their actions beyond the basics.
I mean, you can act like a drunk, all you have to do is wobble around, say whatever comes to your head, talk too loud, grab people, get distracted easily, and laugh at everything. But. . .it's so hard to connect to drunk people. They connect to you (I love you man), but they are too random to lead reliably. If you know them well, then you can lead them, but strangers are too unpredictable.

Iceman
04-2006-09, 08:29 PM
The legal drinking age is only 18 in Australia, so we start early. Most 16 year olds drink as often and as much as any 18-30 year olds, if not more.

OrNaMent
04-2006-09, 08:39 PM
Man, i couldnt agree more Machin. The girls here at my school (#4 party school) get wasted. Its easy and hard at the same time. You can barely talk to them because they are too drunk, or their friends will come rescue them. I have learned you need to game their friends right when they show up to show that your a cool guy and they dont need to rescue her, but its still hard as hell with the drinking. I have come to the conclusion that in college its best to go out and have a great time with your buddies...but not "sarge" as much. Its a bubble, everyones wasted, and yes if your not drunk its pretty lame. Anyway thats my input. i hear ya.

Iceman
04-2006-09, 08:42 PM
Here's my gameplan.
Find out about party.
Go to party. Sarge girls before they get drunk.
When girls get drunk, leave.
Try to get into bars if they don't ask for ID
Sarge 18+ year olds.
Go home with a 23 year old HB9.
Repeat.

PimpJuice
04-2006-09, 10:37 PM
I feel exactly the same. I am in college too and I know just what you mean. It is pretty hard to game girls when almost everyone at a party is so completely trashed they can hardly hold a decent conversation. When I want to go out and try to meet new girls, I usually have 3-5 beers. Other times, I'll just get completely trashed for the fun of it. I do agree, though, that sometimes you definitely need to have more than just one or two beers. All depends on the situation.

legonz
04-2006-09, 11:04 PM
Try watching a drunk person's idea of fun when you're semi-sober. It's stupid. The fact that you think you're the man when you're loaded is a perception gap.

Showstopper
04-2006-10, 12:32 AM
[QUOTE=Machination]
This why I am proposing Machination's Theory of Social Innebriation. As a pick up artist, you should match the level of drinking with the people around you.QUOTE]
The problem with the above is alcohol affects everyone differently, if two people have the same amount to drink they won't be equally sober.
If you wanna go out and have a good time, go get drunk, if you wanna game, keep yourself sober.:cool:

Oneiricon
04-2006-10, 08:33 AM
The initial thread starter's "theory" is nothing more than an excuse to do what everyone else is doing.
Be different. Fuck the world, and fuck its expectations of what you "should" be doing just 'cause everyone else is doing it.
NO ONE needs alcohol to have a good time. What a fucking empty life you must lead to need alcohol to have a good time.
(the above is not meant personally, so don't take it as such. I have a feeling you might, due to the mindset conveyed by the initial post. Inner Game is your friend.)

Machination
04-2006-10, 08:43 AM
Oneiricon, I am not saying you have to drink to have a good time, I am saying you should drink to be socially congruent. I am not saying you have to get wasted, but the PUA mindframe of not needing external stimulus to have a good time simply doesnt work at a college kegger or an insane college bar scene. Just my observation.

Oneiricon
04-2006-10, 08:47 AM
Then if you simply MUST (which should never happen; it's your frame not other people's), buy one beer, and don't drink it - take sips from it and backwash them. Carry it around as a prop, if "social congruency" is so bloody important. All you're doing is lowering yourself to the expectations of the environment you're in. Intoxication is NOT a prerequisite of socializing.

.Cadmus.
04-2006-10, 09:33 PM
I refuse to game a drunk girl if Im sober. You dont have to get as drunk as everyone, else but it may be seen as immoral if you're sober and a girl is giving you plenty of drunken ioi's.
Obviously :)

Malibu
04-2006-10, 10:16 PM
This why I am proposing Machination's Theory of Social Innebriation. As a pick up artist, you should match the level of drinking with the people around you. Play drinking games, have a beer or two, and in general match the people that are around you. If the party is wild, you're going to have to be a little buzzed to better apprieciate it. If you are going to be gaming drunk girls, you are going to have to be buzzed to better apprieciate their drunkness. Otherwise, you just become frustrated with how flakey everyone else is around you. What do you guys think?
What do we think?...I dont know.....what do YOU think of the term ....FOOLS MATE?
because if you sarge drunk girls thats all you will be getting...and you wont be building true game.
So if everyone around you is shit faced...your telling me you will get shit faced too...?
Socially congruent????....you need to drink to make yourself socially congruent? You are the prize...well thats the idea of being a PUA anyway. Drinking to be socially congruent just throws that concept out the window. Sorry man but I disagree with you.
This doesnt sound right at all.

legonz
04-2006-11, 01:23 AM
Eh, I just think the positives of being tips can be copied by feeling comfortable with yourself. Of course, that requires cold, sober approaches in-field. You can't be fun and carefree if you're worrying about girls.

Vincent Chase
04-2006-11, 02:05 AM
You can't be fun and carefree if you're worrying about girls.
Since when?

Iceman
04-2006-11, 02:48 AM
Vinceman IceChase agrees with Gonz, but would also like to point out that the name Gonz reminds it of an image-conscious Mafia squirrel.

.Cadmus.
04-2006-11, 04:52 AM
lol what? its like ur throwing out some new tyler durden stuff fashioned by some foreign substances.
I think that true game is built from being sober, doing it without the booze. In reality, my game was actually crushed just by realizing that the majority of hook ups in college were due to alcohol. it was as if everything was "too" easy. that mentality totally screwed up my brain.
Its true that in college, partying is the most social place to find people of the opposite sex, in a setting where there are higher chances of them wanting something on the less formal attraction level. You may get laid alot with all those parties, but your game won't increase (it may even decrease sometimes.)
Just don't ever rely on the booze, for anything.

Vincent Chase
04-2006-11, 10:23 AM
Vinceman IceChase agrees with Gonz, but would also like to point out that the name Gonz reminds it of an image-conscious Mafia squirrel.
Vinceman IceChase would also like to point out, however, that although it finds Gonz to still be cool, before cool was cool,and to this day be awesome, due to the fact that he owns a perpetually awesome contraption, that he finds this humorful image of Gonz ignominious. Though, V.I. wishes it could apologize, but when it was designed by itself and built by itself at the peak of itself at the dawn of existence, near the planet Urudon, simultaneously, it didn't forget to put in a sympathy board, rather it was damaged by the meteorite of spirit that was "life" hurtling towards planet, at the time Arssth but now know as, Earth.
=]
Cheers.